Infection-Shelled Regios

Landon, not without a great deal of hesitation, opened the door to his room. Inside, it was hardly a surprising affair. The thing that stood out most was the fact that nothing at all stood out about it. The walls were largely stark, save for a calendar and a poster for a band that was rapidly peeling off. The kitchen was a matter of a gas cooker and a microwave, with a kettle in the corner. There was a sink, but it was not really much to gawk at. Cupboards lined the top, some stocked with some basic plastic cutlery, others with bland - but affordable - foodstuffs. A convertible settee was situated in the middle of the room, facing a battered wooden coffee table, the only other chair being a plastic stool at the balcony. Landon's bedroom was through a door, and lead into a room much the same as the one Landon had opened to, only smaller, and with a single bed that, while old, was comfortable enough. The shower he had mentioned was through a different door, and lead into a white-tiled bathroom, complete with shower, toilet and sink.
"Make yourself at home. If you want to have a shower, now's your chance. I'm going to have something to eat, then I'll shower. Then I'll sleep. If you need anything, just shout."

Miku didn't hesitte to take a look around. The room itself was so... so... Normal?

There was nothing peculiar, nothing bad, nothing terrific. Again, it was still fitting to his personality so she wasn't to surpried. She was offered a shower and of course jumped at the offer. After such a rough day, who wouldn't. A nice warm shower would do just nicely.

"Sure! I'll need a towel and umm... One of your shirts maybe? I don't have any other clothes to change into.

Miku's lack of foresight struck Landon as something quite odd – for someone like her to forget to pack menial things such as money and a change of clothes, was something he could not fathom particularly well. Regardless, he had been tasked with taking care of her, and vice-versa. He requested that she wait for a moment, and returned with a shirt as close to her size as he could get. Given the differences in gender and build, it would be a little awkward, however. The shirt itself was fairly simple – conservative, made of a fairly standard fabric, and sky blue in colour. Nothing special.
"There's a pair of towels in the bathroom. Mine's the green one."

"Thanks!" Miku slipped the sky blue shirt from his grasps and fled to the washroom. She was extremly exited to let her hair down and relax, so she did. Her clothed were stripped off and carelessly tossed to the side as she stepped into the tub. She turned turned on the water, setting the temperature as hot as she could without burning herself. Burns always showed on soft sensitive skin like hers. She let out a reassuring sigh as the warm water showered over her, drenching her hair so it blanketed her cheeks. This was relaxing...

Pot noodles - the staple diet of students throughout the area, so chosen because of their low cost, easy preparation, and passable taste. Landon ate morosely, the strands' vague flavour registering somewhat. He reflected wearily upon the days' events - the horde, the escape, and the girl that he had been tasked with looking after. Or rather, the girl he had been tasked with accomodating - given his dispositions, and his role as a sniper, there was hardly anything surprising about how he needed taking care of. Nevertheless, there were small things he could do, like setting out a boiling pot of the bargain noodles, the only food that he had the energy to cook. That aside, the most he could make with what he had left was a small vegetable salad. It had taken several packets of spoilt food for him to realise just how long he had been at the front, and how long he had neglected civillian life. He continued to eat, sure that the noodles he had prepared for Miku would sill stay piping hot, given that there was still a cover on them. She wouldn't take that long in the shower, or so he hoped.

Miku spent a pssible half an hour or so enjoying her little wash. Soaping, lathering, rinsing, repeating. All while humming a little tune. She was thankful the noise of pounding water drowned out her singing. It was a delightful tune, she had a delightful voice. Sadly, she deemed it embarrassing to sing in front of others.

Finally she shut the water off, stepping out of the tub with a petite frame she nearly slipped on the tiles. Catching herself, well actually getting a hold of the wall, was what kept her from an embarrassing fall. Miku then remembered how cumsy she was out of the feild. Her battle elegance hardly transfered into her real-time movements, as Landon would find out sooner or later.

Miku took her time drying herself, enjoying the texture of the soft towel against her even softer, smoother skin. She purpoely left her hair wet, preferring it to air dry. Miku also took few minutes to soak her recently worn clothes and hung the over the bathroom rail to dry, figuring Landon wouldn't mind. Finally she put on nothing but the blue t-shirt she was handed earlier. It wasn't a long shirt, but semi long enough to cover up. Sleeping like this would be pretty awkward but it wasn't like she had another option.

Miku walked out, her hair still slightly dripping, looking longer and more sleek than before, sticking to her face. "Noodles?" She mumbled, her nose making a cute twitch as she approached the smell.

Too tired to display much of a reaction, but awake enough to register Miku's appearance, Landon nodded, towards the pot still on the table. By now, though they were not cold, the cheap foodstuff was now only lukewarm, and Landon couldn't be bothered with re-heating it. Miku would have to do that herself. As he drank the last of the broth, he observed her body, noting every inch of it - it was purely out of habit, though. He was a sniper - he was used to scanning things for their weak point, to find out where a shot was best placed. Her sleek, dripping hair was noted, to which no reaction was displayed. He did, however, note that it looked a touch more attractive on her. Then, the fact that his shirt had failed to cover her legs - he assumed that they were slender ones, toned by her work on the field. He was no pervert, by any means - judging by the fact that he averted his gaze upon realising she was wearing nothing but his shirt, it was at least slightly evident. The recyclable pot was tossed callously into the corresponding bin, and he rose, stepping groggil to the bathroom.
"My bedroom's through the other door. If there's anything you need, I'll be on the couch."
He hoped she'd registered that correctly. He'd already had a team member burst in on him showering, due to some - apparently urgent - news. He had no intention of letting that happen again.

Miku gave a thankful nod before taking her place at the table. Pot noodles, The quick meal that any person with middle class or lower status as had one time or the other. Maybe Miku was the exception. She knew the smell quite well, she had a keen nose. Even so it wasn't something she had actually tasted. Heard stories about? Yes, but never actually tasted it. She was trained to eat... Healthier. Even when simply surviving she was expected to maintain a certain diet.
Without hesitation Miku grasped a fork and went for her first taste. It was... Pretty good. It really was, and Miku couldn't understand how. It was just semi-cooked noodles with a little flavoring. But it was god nonetheless. She had no problem finishing the bowl. It took only 10 minutes or so. Miku then proceeded to wash her bowl and fork before putting them away.
"I'm bored.." She muttered before lurking to he couch to find Landon. She approached quietly and knelt behind the soft funiture he was sitting her. Anxiously se peered her head over the arm rest and glanced at Landon. "What'cha doin?" She asked

"Sleeping." He mumbled, turning to face away from her. Partially because she was annoying him, but partially because his shirt was open. The regios was moving through a hotter patch at the moment, meaning the general temperature had increased exponentially - and so had Landon's lack of shirt at night. However, as he now had a guest, he had forced himself to wear a top, on the silent condition that he keep the buttons undone. He didn't see the problem - Miku had seen fit to waltz around in nothing but one of his old shirts, so he at least deserved to sleep comfortably. Though, this was a far-fetched idea, given that he had Miku pestering him. He had wanted to take longer in the shower, but part of him didn;t trust Miku alone in his accommodation. So, he had cut it short, and was now attempting to get some rest. "Why don't you do something productive? I'm sure you can find a book somewhere..."

"Grrr..." Miku mumbled in protest. "Fine, Goodnight". She bid him farewell before scampering off. It was understandable that he was tired, fatigued, she was aswell. Maybe it was the new enviornment interacting with her nerves. Maybe it was... Either way she was feeling restless and would have to force herself to sleep. Even with tis awkward, uncomfortable breeze blowing due to her distinct like of clothing. After leaving him to rest Miku made her way back to the kitchen, providing hersef with a glass of water before heading to Landon's room. After a bit of pacing and refraining from interacting with her surroundings, she plopped down on the bed, curling into a ball. She grumbled a little, hugging her knees. Miku destested sleeping alone but it was a childish quality she would have to disown. Eithe way she hated it. After a moment she came to the realization that sleep was inevitable. So she tried to force herself.

"Landon!"
The anguished screams of those who fell to the beasts went on all around him, dites flashing and slicing anything they could. Yet, it was a struggle the humans had no hope of winning - outnumbered, outgunned, and outmatched in every possible field. They were done for, and not even a last stand merited any strategic value. In that light, a strategic was in order - a return to base. But Landon's squad couldn't get out of where they were, they were essentially trapped like rats. Any move made could be their last - so the captain did what she did best. She protected her squad.

"Ah!"
Landon panted, his breaths deep and constant. After a few seconds of violent breathing, he calmed himself, and slumped back down. He'd never get to sleep now - he never could, not after memories from a bygone day had wrenched him from sleep's grip. That aside, his shirt was absolutely soaking with sweat. Annoyed at this development, having evidently experienced such an event before, he tossed it into a basket for cleaning later - one filled with assorted underwear, socks, some dirt-ridden trousers and a cleaning cloth. He figured that he could probably get another top, if he was discreet - reason being, that his meagre wardrobe was in his bedroom. In light of this, his knuckles rapped softly on his door, out of politeness, and creeped in. Though he didn't like to admit it, he did think Miku looked cute when she slept as she did - he assumed her to be sleeping, anyway. He did not think of her as cute in the sense that she was attractive, however - more in the sense that she seemed like just a little girl when she was in that position. Though, given her lack of clothing, it was a fairly awkward pose as well.

"Ah!" It wasn't a very loud noise. It didn't need to be. Miku had basic senses that were pretty well off compared to normal people. She was trained that way. She was stil curled up as if she was grabbing onto her own warmth, unable to let go. Her dampened dark hair draped over her face. Taking casual breaths. Miku was peaceful. Her mind was restless, but her body was peaceful. It took her awhile to get in the mood but her eyes were finally shutting, body finally shutting down. That was right before Landon awoke in such a troubled fashion. It didn't irritate her or anything. It was just troubleing that he was awake. Wasn't he tired? That's why Miku was in here in the first place. Landon proceeded to knock on the door. Very good manners for someone who owned the room. Then he let himself in. For a moment, she was still. She gathered herself before opening her eyes, letting her clear blue orbs adjust to the dim or nonexistent lighting in the room. Then Miku turned over in the bed to face Landon. Still she was petitely curled into a ball. Being tenderly anemic had her wary of her body heat at all times. "Landon..." She said in a tenderly soft vice, more so than usual. "Are you okay? I heard you yell but.." Miku had on a worried expression. It was dark so it was apparent if he could see her facial expression very well. Even so she could tell he wasn't holding up too well. His shirt was completly soaked. That perspiration obviously wasn't brought on by excess heat since he wassleeping with it opened. Did he have a nightmare? Miku pouted.

Landon, in response, simply ruffled Miku's hair as he walked sluggishly past, and plucked out another shirt, though this one was a short-sleeved one. He was not particularly concerned for himself, given that the nightmares were recurring, and he had grown used to their influence somewhat. It was the shock that got him - well, mostly. The memory still haunted him regardless. Landon sat himself on the edge of the bed, facing Miku, though he had to lean in closer to make out her features and her look of concern, even if he could hear that she was worried for him. Though he was a sniper, his vision was fairly average - after all, it was the dite that did all the view zooming and whatnot.
"I'm fine, Miku. Don't you worry yourself about me. I just have bad nights, that's all. What about you? I thought you'd be asleep by now."
Landon seemed more concerned for Miku, as opposed to worrying about himself. Only natural - it had been a while, so he expected her to be asleep by now. Given the kind of person he was, her lack of clothing was not something he fretted over much, but he passed her a pair of jogging trousers anyway - for modesty's sake. some would have deemed it a sin against men to cover up Miku's legs when he could look them over freely, but he was not interested in such matters - he was a workaholic, some would claim.

Slightly, Miku nuzzled his palm as it passed through her hair. A warm greeting. She watched as he walked passed to pick out another shirt, before taking a seat next to her. As he leaned in closer, most likely to get a better look at her face in the darkness an all, Miku could feel a distict warmth from the moment he sat. Even with the amount of space between them, Landon seemed to radiate heat that she hadn't noticed before.
'Im fine... He says that alot' Miku thought as shelistened to Landon's reply. He said that he was just having a bad night. She wondered if he had those often. Then her expression dampened even more. If he couldn't even rest at home what hope was there? If peace couldn't find space in his life it seemed as though Landon would literally work himself to death. She wanted to say something but figured it should wait untill a better time.
"I Would've been asleep right now. It just seems as though my mind is doing its own thing, keeping me up." That was the least awkward way to lie. Or word it. "And umm-" She was about to mention an embarrassing phobia and her tender anemia before Landon passed a pair of sweats her way. She struggled to hold back a smile and blush to match. Miku was glad to know that he cared. It was amazing how he knew what to do sometimes. If only he would take care of himself this well.

"And?"
Landon cocked an eyebrow at her suddenly cutting off, not picking up on the fact that she was struggling to hold back a smile and a blush. He didn't even recognise the fact that her concern was being raised at him being unable to fully rest, even at home, though he had managed to cope with it and disregard it as a mere annoyance. Landon rarely smiled with much meaning, but being with Miku was like having a little sister, to him - in the sense that she was adorable, in some regards, and that she always seemed so open and cheerful around him, while also being concerned when she needed to be. Her nuzzling his hand when he had ruffled her hair was something that bolstered his opinion on this, and as such, he felt it all right if he put his hand on her shoulder. Not in any way other than a friendly manner, of course. "Listen. if you have any troubles, just say. I don't know what I can and can't help with, but flatmates should know the worst about each other."
The last part was merely in jest - he smiled lightly, his face still held close for him and Miku to be able to see each other clearly.

A light shiver went coarsed through her body as Landon rested a hand on her shoulder. The heat eminating from him was inviting. It was something she would only notice at night. Still it was inviting all the same. Restraining herself from grabbing hold of and hugging him was a hard task indeed. It was just what she was accustomed to. Then, after hearing him speak, his general concern for her well being, caused her to blush. It was no use holding it back anymore. All she could do now as look down, letting her hair fall over her face. Hopefully, he wouldn't catch on. " Your right..." Miku muttered admittingly. "I guess, for starters, you should know I have a really, really, tender case of anemia." Her hand traced down the matress and clutched onto the sweatpants he graciously gave her a few moment earlier. "But I wanna know about you, Landon. For starters. These bad nights, do they happen often? And why?" Miku didn't like to pry but her desire to help Landon as much as she could overcame that little setback.

Landon sighed, and removed his hand. This was something he always felt awkward about - though they were only a mere annoyance, other people always seemed to get wind of his dreams, and made more of a fuss about it than he felt comfortable dealing with. Yet, something about Miku asking made it so that he did not feel irritation at having the point raised, and he let her hear his story and explanation.
"Well, I suppose that I'm just someone who doesn't deal with loss well. It's always the fight against the filth monsters, where we lost my captain... She was such a brave, brave person, and we couldn't do anything to save her... I suppose, that as long as I have to fight, I'll never be rid of the memory. That, and the leg's also a bitter reminder. I've been having them intermittently, but I've managed to keep myself from having them too often. I do get enough sleep... I think. I'm not getting to sleep now, though. I think you should, however."
As if to demonstrate his point, Landon pushed Miku gently down onto the bed, by pushing on her shoulders. He sat next to the girl he had made lie down, and smiled gently at her. "Don't worry about me when you're the one who doesn't even bring money on her travels. i've dealt with this before - just get some sleep, and we'll talk in the morning. ANd remember - just tell me if you need anything."