Invitation Status
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Modern, Modern Fantasy, Multiverse/Panfandom, Mystery, Paranormal, Scifi, Survival
IC Thread

We're closed for the moment!

6640_16_infamous2logo__zps489b2e68.png

It started with a disturbance off the coast of the Atlantic Seaboard, something unprecedented that experts would later theorize to be some kind of heavy explosion in the waters of the North Atlantic Ocean. It had been massive, causing tidal waves to smash into the coasts of North and South America. What had been the cause was virtually unknown, but effects could be felt across the world. The least odd of these were the strange weather patterns that began to affect these regions of the world.

No, what was the strangest was that people started to change. They started to develop powers. Powers of all kinds that you would have thought impossible outside of a comic book. The various governments started to refer to these people as Conduits, for a study into those gaining new abilities led to the discovery that these people had been born with a special gene that not all humans possessed-- the Conduit gene. Somehow, some way, the event had caused their powers to awaken.

It was happening all over the world, awakenings occurring in Africa, Europe, and the Americas. It's been six months since that time.

People were scared. It was hard not to see Conduits as something horrible when an event so catastrophic had seemingly caused their existence. Conduits were seen as freaks, as monsters, and as mutants.

You are one of these Conduits. You may have tried to not use your powers or keep them hidden, but maybe you wanted to be open about them. Unfortunately, either way, a Conduit with their powers awakening is often an eyesore. The people of Millenium City have noticed you and see you as just another freak. They fear you. You are infamous.

As a Conduit, you've found that the only people you can turn to are your fellow Conduits. You know there are others in your city. You've heard the rumors, thanks to word of mouth and the internet, a rumor about groups of Conduits banding together. You seek them out.

You eventually find your new friends.

You may or may not be familiar with the "inFamous" series of video games this roleplay is based on, but for the most part, we won't be using any of the canon from those games in this RP. The same basic premise is shared, where a sub-species of humans possess a gene that awakens in them superpowers, and it has gone largely unnoticed by the world until now. Whether or not the government or other shadowy groups were aware of the Conduits' existence before now is a plot element that won't be explored, at least not initially.

The RP will be taking place in "Millenium City" which is basically just Chicago but named after that city's Millennium Park. It will share that city's layout and major locations but will be malleable to fit the RP's needs.

Based on the plot, your character will have to be seeking out others for whatever reason you feel is best. They'll end up banding together as part of the same group, for better or for worse.

You'll be able to play multiple characters as well!

• l2NCqCJ.png

Name: (Including nicknames/titles)

Known by: (This is what the general populace calls your character, not so much something they come up with themselves. Generally, the characters will be unknown at first, but like or not, they'll have one eventually as they become more visible. You can have multiple names, but they should generally not be flattering names. It's up to you if your character actually enjoys the name or not)

Age: (A conduit can be any age in theory, though I think we'll be putting the minimum age at 16. If you really want someone younger, then talk to me about it)

Appearance: (A written description to give us an idea of your character's looks, physique, and preferred style of clothing. You can post just a picture if you want, but it's optional. Do try to avoid pictures of really well-known actors or well-known characters if you can)

Disposition: (Does your character value personal survival over altruistic justice, or is it the other way around? Feel free to add a bit of personality to this if you'd like, but it's not required)

Conduit Abilities: (What powers have they gained? In the original video games, it would seem manipulation of a specific element is the norm, but feel free to get creative here. Try for things that are more than just super strength or speed, as most Conduits likely have increased strength and endurance than regular humans anyway. If there are any applicable weaknesses you can think of, put them here as well.

Also, you can't have multiple unrelated powers. For example, the power to manipulate both fire and water. You can, however, do that if you have an eventual goal for these powers to develop into one power that works together in some manner. Using the example above, the power to manipulate steam comes to mind)

Weapon of Choice: (Does your character use a weapon to complement their powers in a fight? This is entirely optional as your character may rather use their powers or not have a weapon at all. Keep in mind that these should be more common items because I'll definitely be refusing a bunch of swords or guns. Just a note, I won't be taking any new characters with firearms as weaponry for the time being)

History: (Give a basic idea of what their life was like before they realized their powers. Also include what happened immediately after this. If they have a family, how did they take this?)
  • Active
    Barney "Arnold" Lewis
    Cynthia
    Ethan Crawford
    Garrott Michael Devlyn
    Gideon Star
    Isabella "Bella" Horvath
    Luciana Lopez
    Nichole Kudo
    Richard Weems
    Sayuri Hamasaki
    Serafima "Fima" Masuud

Inactive
    Graham Hicks
    Isabelle "Izzy" Swift
    Lucas Finch Lexander
[tabs][/tabs]

Last edited:
15g5tnr.jpg

Name
Graham Hicks

Nickname
The Scorched Phantom

Disposition
Survival at any and all cost. Altruism is a foolish pursuit

Conduit Abilities
Smog Swarm
An unsettling ability, Graham can shoot out a cloud of black smog and coal dust to paralyze and choke targets ahead of him. This cloud of disease and suffocation can cause severe damage to lungs in a short amount of time if exposed for longer than seven to ten minutes.

Smog Spectre
Similar to Smog Swarm, Graham can materialized his entire form into a cloud of black smog and coal dust to do a short-range "teleport" of sorts. This cloud is visible, of course, and Graham can only use it for a distance of about twenty feet. While not extremely fast, the blinding nature of this cloud can prove useful to getting behind the weakspots of enemies.

Cinder Strike
While not efficient in most situations, Graham can make any weapon he is holding "cindered", the weapon itself glowing red with dashes of what appears to be external embers coating the weapon. While this is not applicable to firearms or projectiles, any weapon Graham directly holds can inflict immense burning damage. It should be noted that Graham's suit, obviously is slightly flame-retardant

Weapon of Choice
Old Pickaxe

History
Born in an impoverished region of West Virginia, close to border of Virginia, Hicks was born in a blue-collar, unfortunate family wracked with generations of misery and pain. With her mother a nurse for a local hospital and his father a factory worker, Hicks grew up in a childhood with little family to tend to him and left to his own devices. Without proper parenting, Graham turned to a life early on of debauchery, petite crime, and thuggish behavior. His childhood joys, however, began to slowly creep up on him with each passing day.

Graduating high school, barely, Hicks would eventually drop out of a local community college due to pressing debts and his father's health declining. Having to take the role as the man of a household, with no siblings or distant family to call upon, the young man soon turned to the age-old career of mining. For years, he struggled with older, more seasoned men, working away at the aging mines of the Appalachian Mountains.

When the Great Disturbance broke, the shockwaves of the ocean carried itself all the way to the aging set of mountains. Caught in the collapse of a mineshaft, Hicks was presumed dead along with several other miners as many mineshafts across the Appalachian Mountains finally collapsed. Pressured by mounting causalities and disasters on the coastline, their bodies were never found and a attempt to unearth them was only done recently.

In the years following the incident, rumors surfaced of a strange gas-masked Conduit lurking in the sewers of Millennium City. A foreigner and boogeyman, many regard the stories as just stories. But, sometimes, deadmen get to play their hand again.​

• Love
Reactions: -Kuroko- and Atomyk
I so quite intrigued and happy to see this. So for now I am going to watch the thread until I have a chance to write something for my character to go here. :D

PS: This makes me want to play the games again.

• Thank You
Reactions: Atomyk
jack_reacher__alone_always_by_whisperelmwood.jpg

Name: Barney "Arnold" Lewis

Aliases: Glass-Mason

Disposition

The ignorant man says Black and White.

The revisionist says Black, Grey and White.

The neo-revisionist says shades of grey.

I say it depends on your perspective.

For me, the world is a shitty place. I'm not trying to be a hero. I just don't like people who try and make it more shittier.

Conduit Abilities

Arnold is a silica-kinetic and is able to manipulate silicates absorbed inside and out of his body. However, as of now, he is unable to manipulate sand or anything else that is not the amorphous, non-crystalline form of silicate which is glass. His silica-kinesis comes in the form of various abilities.
Glass Drain
Arnold is able to drain glass from a number of inorganic objects that are formed out of glass. This drain immediately destroys and reforms the glass object to become part of Arnold's body. Draining large sources of glass reduces the mass of glass in a object. Draining glass replenishes Arnold's glass supply and also heals his body of any injuries.

Recycled Draining
Arnold is able to re-absorb glass emanated from his own body from broken shields or remnants of his glass projectiles. The stock of glass is considerably in less concentration than in natural amounts found in most man-made silicates but is adequate enough in an emergency.

(QUICK DRAIN - REQUIRES EXP)

(ALTERNATIVE DRAINING - REQUIRES EXP)

(MASS DRAIN - LOCKED, UNABLE TO UNLOCK AT THIS LEVEL)

Glass Flayer
Arnold is able to fire large streams of minuscule glass fragments at intensely dizzying speeds, similar to a sand-blaster, as his basic offensive ability. The force and intensity of these blasts can range from merely annoying to cutting human flesh with ease to slowly abrading metal.

(DUAL FLAYERS - EXP REQUIRED)

(CONCENTRATED STREAM - EXP REQUIRED)

(BURST FIRE - EXP REQUIRED)

Glass Ballista
Arnold is also able to form large spears of glass and fire them from his body, akin to ballistas and fire them at high speeds. The force and sharpness of these glass spears is enough to penetrate through most metals and shear through vehicles.

(AUTO-BALLISTA - EXP REQUIRED)

(SIEGE BOLT - EXP REQUIRED)

(INCREASED VELOCITY - EXP REQUIRED)

Glass Caltrops
Similar to the design and concept behind Prince Rupert's Drops, Arnold is able to form large spiky-balls of glass that can be triggered through specific amounts of force, varied by Arnold. Once triggered, depending on the size, the caltrop will shatter and explode into glass-shrapnel. The size and intensity can vary between each caltrop.

(CLUSTER CALTROPS - EXP REQUIRED)

(COOKING CALTROPS - EXP REQUIRED)

(GLASS FILAMENTS - EXP REQUIRED)

(TRAP CALTROPS)

Refractive Shielding
Due to a unique property behind Arnold's power, Arnold is able to make large shields of glass that mainly work by redirecting the velocity of projectiles in another direction than towards Arnold. Arnold is also able to refract and redirect certain types of lasers if given the chance with his refractive shielding. These shields are extremely brittle and will break within one shot or mroe depending on the thickness of the shielding.

(REFLECTIVE SHIELDING - EXP REQUIRED)

(CONVERGING SHIELDING - EXP REQUIRED)

Glass Surf
On large layers of glass such as skyscrapers, Arnold is able to disobey the laws of physics and use the glass on the building to propel him upwards or anywhere on the surf of the building. This movement comes in the form of a large craggy surge of glass at Arnold's feet on which he surfs upon, leaving damage in its wake. The momenteum can be transfered to large jumps for Arnold.

(GLASS DRIFT - REQUIRES EXP)

(GLASS LAUNCH - REQUIRES EXP)

(SHARP SPRAY - REQUIRES EXP)

(GROUND POUND - REQUIRES EXP)

Glass Scalpel
Arnold is unable to channel his powers into a melee weapon as a amplifier for his melee abilities.Through years of experience, Arnold is able to form long, thin blades of glass out of his arms that are extremely sharp but brittle. Arnold prefers not to use these in combat due to the lethal nature of it.
(GLASS HAMMER - REQUIRES EXP)

(GLASS WHIP - REQUIRES EXP)

(GLASS WINGS - REQUIRES EXP)

KARMA BOMB

(LOCKED AS OF NOW)

History
Born to a German Immigrant family, Tim grew up in the seedy, secluded neighborhood of Maryland, Washington D.C, the fourth child of a large family that, to put in colloqiual terms, grew like rabbits. Like all large families, Tim felt overshadowed by the accomplishments of his older siblings and not loved enough compared to his endearing younger siblings. All in all, Tim was decidedly average. Average in terms of grades. Average in terms of physical ability. Average in terms of a social life. This led to Tim developing a heavy sense of sarcasm as a coping mechanism to deride other people. Despite this, Tim never went out of his way to bully or harass similar people of his age.

After graduating from high-school, Tim stopped by a nearby glass-work shop and became enthused with the profession at the first sight of it. Obtaining a apprenticeship with the owner of the shop, Hal Foreman, Tim doved into his work every-day, becoming obsessed with it, and receiving a small sense of gratification that there was finally something good he was good at!

Unfortunately, when the tidal wave hit Washington D.C after the event that shook the world, a gas leak occured after immense stress on a pipeline. Right at midnight as Tim worked the midnight shift, toiling to polish a fine piece of glass sculpture, greeting his boss good-bye before everything became pain, the shop being engulfed along with the entire half block in a gas explosion.

Tim later found himself in the E.R, dazed and confused, his new Conduit Genes allowing him to survive the explosion but unfortunately, his former boss didn't possess superhuman durability. That same day, he discovered his new abilities to control and shape glass as if it was a liquid. Next Wednesday, at the funeral of Hal Foreman, grave wardens would mysteriously find a large glass statue behind the gravestone inscribed with:

" Taken from this world too fast."

Tim began immedietely moving to Milleneum City in hopes of a new future after the incident, packing his bags and moving into a dingy little apartment in hopes of concealing his powers and making himself mundane. But, after witnessing the crime rate of Milleneum City in action, Tim did the most foolish thing he could have ever done and intervened in a robbery.

Now, the locals of the city say a Glass-Mason roams the streets, visible in day light but too clear to see.​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: -Kuroko-
I'm also incredibly interested! I do have a question, since you said we could have multiple characters, what's the max amount you are looking for?

Last edited:
Just to clarify, no one's gotta think up named abilities like in the video game series, but you're fully allowed to do so.
Smog Swarm
An unsettling ability, Graham can shoot out a cloud of black smog and coal dust to paralyze and choke targets ahead of him. This cloud of disease and suffocation can cause severe damage to lungs in a short amount of time if exposed for longer than seven to ten minutes.

Smog Spectre
Similar to Smog Swarm, Graham can materialized his entire form into a cloud of black smog and coal dust to do a short-range "teleport" of sorts. This cloud is visible, of course, and Graham can only use it for a distance of about twenty feet. While not extremely fast, the blinding nature of this cloud can prove useful to getting behind the weakspots of enemies.

Cinder Strike
While not efficient in most situations, Graham can make any weapon he is holding "cindered", the weapon itself glowing red with dashes of what appears to be external embers coating the weapon. While this is not applicable to firearms or projectiles, any weapon Graham directly holds can inflict immense burning damage. It should be noted that Graham's suit, obviously is slightly flame-retardant
I suppose smoke/smog and fire/heat are derivative of one another so this is fine. I assume you mean disease in the sense that they'll just get sick rather than the smog literally causing disease as that would probably go too far in terms of abilities.
Name: Barney "Arnold" Lewis
Nothing much to say here beyond that, for now, it's looking good!
I so quite intrigued and happy to see this. So for now I am going to watch the thread until I have a chance to write something for my character to go here. :D

PS: This makes me want to play the games again.
Awesome, glad to see more interest.
I'm also incredibly interested! I do have a question, since you said we could have multiple characters, what's the max amount you are looking for?
As many as you can handle, I suppose, though I guess don't go too crazy. I wasn't expecting anyone to want to play more than, say... three, for example. I'll be allowing for people to make new characters after the RP has already started, so you can have more later.

"We're all just... dust in the wind."

Name

Ethan Crawford

Known by

Zephyr, Ozone

29 years old

Male

Appearance

5uzO3BS.png

Disposition

Generally forty-sixty between prioritizing personal survival and altruistic justice; his profession by nature, as a private eye, involves helping people in need, and his personal pride disallows him from turning his back on them, as he is more concerned with what it says about his abilities rather than his character if he is unable to perform as expected, but when placed in situations that he considers directly hazardous to his well-being, he will not hesitate to pull away and knows when to quit, especially if he believes the risk is not worth the pay-off.

Conduit Abilities

Gas Manipulation - A potentially powerful ability when utilized correctly, Ethan possesses the power to manipulate all sorts of gas, be it oxygen, smoke, and so on. Though it seems simple on the outside, the power comes with a variety of practical uses, including manipulating oxygen to negate fires, controlling the air in order to manipulate winds in order to levitate objects, people, and even himself, but perhaps his most notable ability is the power to change the properties of a given gas in the air.

The most practical application of manipulation involves transforming a given gas (usually something along the lines of oxygen) into something combustible such as propane, for example. Because this change in matter drastically changes the volume and molecular weight as it becomes a new gas, this causes an explosion, the magnitude of which Ethan can manipulate, though naturally, the bigger the explosion, the more tired he becomes as he uses up more energy. However, as this ability is rather unstable and dangerous, Ethan is fortunately able to isolate a given substance from the surrounding air. Thus, in the same vein in which he is able to prevent combustible gases from exploding by "isolating" oxygen from them with his power, he is able to condense gas he manipulates into whatever shape he desires, though they are usually in the form of "air" bubbles in which a specific gas, like aforementioned propane to continue this example, is protected from oxygen. It is through this that, in simpler terms, while he is able to "create" explosions, he prefers to condense these potential explosions into "projectiles" and send them towards any direction he wishes. In other words, fireballs, or perhaps more accurately, "explosion balls," which he deems more stable than creating actual explosions.

His control of specific gases is dependent on the volume / weight of it, so while he is able to manipulate the likes of oxygen to even hydrogen and other light gases fairly well, he does not require as much concentration to control gases with heavier molecular weights, such as propane for example, and so on. He is also unable to alter gas molecules and transform them into solids or liquids, at least tentatively.

Weapon of Choice

Cigarettes - Ethan generally makes sure to have at least one pack of cigarettes on him at all times when out. He finds smoke relatively convenient to manipulate, as it contains many gases that, some of which are individually rather heavy, he can manipulate easier than plain oxygen, such as sulfur dioxide, carbon dioxide, and so on. With the combined molecular weight behind all the gases that make up smoke, it is one of Ethan's go-to substances to control. It is also convenient for him to use should he desire to create "explosion balls" by manipulating the combustible gases within, such as the sulfur, benzene, toluene, and other combustible gases, rather than having to go through the trouble of converting non-combustible gases into combustibles.

History

Ethan was born to parents with radically different opinions on what was best in life; his father, an Italian immigrant, emphasized taking care of oneself first, believing that the world was a selfish one where only the strong survived, while his mother, born to a upper middle-class American family, held a more optimistic view, acknowledging that while the world could be an ugly place, taking care of others, especially those close to oneself, was just as important if not more-so than taking care of oneself, their respective trains of thought being that on one hand, while the world is inherently a bad place full of people who are inherently bad and perhaps the choices that matter the most to a given individual is what they do for themselves, it is not an entirely quixotic venture to at least try and assuage the pain that others and oneself goes through, on the other.

Finding an interest and a talent in criminal justice, Ethan grew up to become a police officer, but undisclosed conflicts with the rest of the force caused him to leave and instead become a private eye working by himself, though he also works other odd jobs to support himself (mostly as a freelance writer). Because of this experience, Ethan generally distances himself from most other people when he doesn't absolutely have to interact with him, which is quite less frequent than he would have liked, considering his profession. In a sense, he had practically become a knight in sour armor.

When the historic, mysterious disturbance had happened, in the city that Ethan resided in at the time, San Emporio, he had been investigating a chemical plant in search for clues on a case he had been looking into at the time. Pipes burst open, and containers with combustible gasses leaked out, and before Ethan knew it, an explosion had occurred, and then another, and another, and before long, the entire plant had crumpled down like papier-mache, with him caught underneath the debris. However, the most astonishing part to Ethan was... How he managed to survive the ordeal. And stronger than ever with that, to his amazement, and to the horror of those in the hospital that he had awakened from when he had accidentally devastated the room he woke up in, unconsciously manipulating the winds from the open window next to him and knocking over not only all the medical equipment and materials around, but also slamming open the door and even knocking a few people over, this event revealed to have been caused by Ethan himself upon awakening and realizing his new powers, which he displayed quite openly to the others inadvertently.

Shortly after, he was driven out of San Emporio and relocated to Millennium City in hopes of making a fresh new start, though so far, to little avail.

Misc.

He's very fond of beans and dairy. Hint hint.​

Here's my character!

[bg=#631200]
⇒ Lucas ⇐
[/bg]
C3576539-1486394734532653large.jpg

[bg=#631200]
⇒ I'm not going to be the victim now ⇐
[/bg]
[bg=#631200]
Name: Lucas Finch Lexander

Nicknames: Luke, Lulu, Lucy, Cassy

Known by: Nightlight

Appearance: Lucas is a fairly attractive teen. He stands at a height of 5' 3" and weights about 149. Though he's scrawny and look frail he packs a bit of a punch. With his scrawny and slightly feminine figure he tends to bruise more easily as well as getting sprains more often then others. He will often get teased since many have mistaken him as a girl. Lucas' eyes are usually what draws people in at first. Brown, cold yet warm. His eyes hold an abandonment of emotions usually never seen on his face. More times then not Lucas' mouth is set in a frown while his sharp facial features make him seem cold. Light brown hair sits on his head in a messy fashion and occasionally gets in his face. Sometimes Lucas likes to think of himself as a 'super hero' he even has a costume he uses whenever he goes out to 'fight crime'.

Costume: Lucas' costume is fairly simple even if it's a little feminine. A red crop top that covers his neck and ends in a upside down V just above his stomach. His pants are also red and reach just below his knees and as slightly puffy. Red and black slightly heeled shoes adorn his feet along with black finger-less gloves on his hands. To complete his outfit he has a black hooded clock reach to the bottom of his pants.

Disposition: Lucas is a strong believer of justice will come to those who have wronged.

Personality:
Blunt: Many times Lucas just says what comes to his mind. It's one of the things he hates about himself. Usually he doesn't mean what he says but, there are times where he's being dead serious. Lucas also, has been trying to stop being, well, blunt.
Shy: While Lucas may seem uncaring at times he's actually just shy. He has a problem talking to people he doesn't know and when he finally does get the courage he stumbles over his words. Tho, in his costume he seems to be less shy, still stumbling over his words just not as often.
Clumsy: He may be quick on his feet but, that doesn't stop him from tripping over air. Lucas has a bad habit of tripping over just about everything. Even if he's being really careful he will still find a way to end up on his face, but even so when he's wearing his costume it's like a switch has flipped and he suddenly isn't clumsy, well not as much.
Adventurous: Lucas loves to explore new places. Many times this has gotten him in-trouble but, he never cares. All he cares about sometimes is looking around a new place. This has also caused people to think he has ADD, which is not true. He's been tested.
Hot-Headed: Lucas tends to have a short temper, sometimes the smallest thing can set him off. This is another thing Lucas doesn't like about himself. There are sometimes he can control his temper but, other times he blows up.
Sarcastic: Being a sarcastic ass is one of Lucas' specialties, well when he's not stumbling over his words. He finds it funny mocking people when they deserve it or being a complete idiot.

Conduit Abilities:
Pyrotechnics: Since a he was young Lucas has been able to control fire at will. Even tho he can control fire he can't create fire out of thin air there has to be a source of fire near him to use, but from the source he can grow and shrink the flame as well as change the temperature of the flame. He can make it so the person disintegrates or leaves a small burn. Most times Lucas uses the flame to wrap around around his sword and attack his targets.
Lightning: By concentrating very hard Lucas can sometimes create a bolt of lightning that he can manipulate for a short amount of time. For him this attack is still a work in-progress.
Heat Wave: Lucas is able to increase his body heat and send it out creating what he likes to call a "Heat Wave". That attack can cause the victim to struggle to breath and for there skin to start burning the longer the attack goes on.

Weapon of Choice: Lighter - Lucas will keep a lighter on him at all times, just in case he needs to use his power on the fly.

History: Lucas was born into a small poor family in Detroit, Michigan. His parents had immigrated together, shortly after getting married, from Kristiansand, Norway. After having moved to the U.S Lucas was born. They had little money but, loved each other very much and lived there day's like they were the richest people alive. Lucas' father worked 3 jobs just so they can make due on rent, while his mother stayed home during the day but, left for work at night. She worked as a stripper at a nearby bar and was payed okay.

Together they lived in peace for a while till his mother fell ill. She contracted small pox and was taken to the hospital immediately. Lucas' father worked hard to pay for her treatment but, the little money they had wasn't enough. Shortly after his mother passed and was buried in the backyard under the cheery tree they planted when they moved in. Lucas feel into a state of depression with his father but, tried to look towards the future for his mother.

In his middle school years he was always picked on for they way he dressed or that all the things he owned were ruined. Lucas kept to himself and had little friends. The friends he did have were people in his neighborhood. Sadly they all had bad tendencies. They smoked, drank, did drugs, and got into a lot of trouble. Lucas was always dragged into the things they did and as a result always got in trouble. There was never a time when Lucas wasn't grounded or doing something stupid.

His father was disappointing in him, there relationship went down hill. By his high school year Lucas was sent to an orphanage. Even being so far from his friends he still drank and smoked. He couldn't stop, he was addicted. The other kids avoided him because of his. Lucas was alone.

Junior year Lucas was sent to rehab. He spent sometimes there and when they figured he was better they let him go back to the orphanage. The rest of his senior year he spent by himself smoking. During one night he started drinking again. A group of 'popular' kids threw a plastic bottle filled with beer at him.

6 months ago he started to feel a change in himself, he found he could control fire. At first he was scared but, he accepted it and started leaning to control it. Lucas started small like growing a small flame and slowly started trying more complicated things. Now he has average control over his powers and lives in a small apartment in Millennium City

Other:
⇒ #bf0000.
⇒ Lives in a small apartment by himself.
⇒ Lucas is pansexual.
⇒ Lucas has been to juvie for one month when he was 14.
⇒ He spent 5 months in Rehab.

⇒ Cats
⇒ Video Games
⇒ Cotton Candy
⇒ Strawberries
⇒ Sunny Day's
⇒ Warm Weather
⇒ Sarcasm
⇒ Cigarettes
⇒ Alcohol

Dislikes:
⇒ Rain
⇒ Snow
⇒ Cold Foods
⇒ Centipedes
⇒ Spiders
⇒ Being Blunt
⇒ People getting in his space
⇒ Losing his temper
⇒ Heights

Skills:
Flexible: Lucky for him, Lucas is naturally flexible allowing his to effectively dodge attacks and move around more smoothly. He tends to spend some of his free time stretching, doing yoga, and working on flips to help him.
Light on Feet: After years of running from bullies Lucas become faster and more light on his feet which also helps him in battle and escaping from situations faster.
Cooking: Weirdly enough Lucas is really good a cooking. He just has a knack for experimenting with different spices and ingredients.

Weaknesses:
Low Physical Strength: Even though he knows how to fight Lucas doesn't exactly have much physical strength. This has gotten him in many situations where he was sadly beaten to a pulp.
It's Fire: Even if he can change the temperature of the flames it's still fire so any normal methods of putting out fire will work. Because of this Lucas tends to avoid fighting in the rain.
Low Endurance: Sadly Lucas isn't very fit. He runs out of breath fast and never seems to have enough energy to finish what he started. Even in battle Lucas tries to finish fast since if he takes to long he has a hard time using his powers.
Hot-Headed: If Lucas can't contain his temper he tends to lose control and mostly also loses control of his fire. This is especially bad when he's in battle as it can cause casualties.
Still Human: Even with all his powers Lucas is still human. Any normal method of killing a human can kill him. Fire can also kill him but, only at 1,300 °F or higher.
[/bg]

[bg=#631200]
[/bg]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Conduit Abilities

Gas Manipulation - A potentially powerful ability when utilized correctly, Ethan possesses the power to manipulate all sorts of gas, be it oxygen, smoke, and so on. Though it seems simple on the outside, the power comes with a variety of practical uses, including manipulating oxygen to negate fires, controlling the air in order to manipulate winds in order to levitate objects, people, and even himself, but perhaps his most notable ability is the power to change the properties of a given gas in the air.

The most practical application of manipulation involves transforming a given gas (usually something along the lines of oxygen) into something combustible such as propane, for example. Because this change in matter drastically changes the volume and molecular weight as it becomes a new gas, this causes an explosion, the magnitude of which Ethan can manipulate, though naturally, the bigger the explosion, the more tired he becomes as he uses up more energy. However, as this ability is rather unstable and dangerous, Ethan is fortunately able to isolate a given substance from the surrounding air. Thus, in the same vein in which he is able to prevent combustible gases from exploding by "isolating" oxygen from them with his power, he is able to condense gas he manipulates into whatever shape he desires, though they are usually in the form of "air" bubbles in which a specific gas, like aforementioned propane to continue this example, is protected from oxygen. It is through this that, in simpler terms, while he is able to "create" explosions, he prefers to condense these potential explosions into "projectiles" and send them towards any direction he wishes. In other words, fireballs, or perhaps more accurately, "explosion balls," which he deems more stable than creating actual explosions.

His control of specific gases is dependent on the volume / weight of it, so while he is able to manipulate the likes of oxygen to even hydrogen and other light gases fairly well, he does not require as much concentration to control gases with heavier molecular weights, such as propane for example, and so on. He is also unable to alter gas molecules and transform them into solids or liquids, at least tentatively.
This is pretty powerful, which is okay, but do try to not go overboard, especially at first. The explosions will have to be small and isolated, at the very least, and controlling gases within another's body will have to be off the table.
Name: Lucas Finch Lexander
This is looking good! No changes needed.

I'll be making a list up for the accepted characters later today, plus posting ones of my own.

It wasn't until Lucas was 13 that he started to learn about his powers and moved to lean to control them powers. He started small, making a candle wick flame grow, to eventually moving fire around. His father feared him as he learned to use his powers and eventually cast him out, sending him to an orphanage in New York city. Sadly, the people there learned of his powers and hated him. Lucas learn quickly to keep to himself and stay in his room.
In the years following the incident, rumors surfaced of a strange gas-masked Conduit lurking in the sewers of Millennium City. A foreigner and boogeyman, many regard the stories as just stories. But, sometimes, deadmen get to play their hand again.
Actually, I must have glossed over these as it doesn't fit with the timeline I've had in mind. This is totally my fault as I never stated the amount of time that passed since the incident. I'd love to extend it to a few years to accommodate what you guys had in mind but, for plot reasons, the time since the incident is about 6 months, meaning they could only have discovered their powers within that time.

I'll be adding this info to the premise.

Actually, I must have glossed over these as it doesn't fit with the timeline I've had in mind. This is totally my fault as I never stated the amount of time that passed since the incident. I'd love to extend it to a few years to accommodate what you guys had in mind but, for plot reasons, the time since the incident is about 6 months, meaning they could only have discovered their powers within that time.

I'll be adding this info to the premise.
Alright! I'll change it.

• Thank You
artwork-concept-art-women-brunettes-blue-hair.jpg
Name

Serafima "Fima" Masuud

Known by
Reflection

Appearance
Physical- Fima's has long, semi-curly blue hair with her natural black color showing at the roots. The left side of her scalp is shaved, revealing heavy scarring. She has dark tanned skin, black eyes, and the physique of a gymnast. She is 5'4".
Attire- Usually dressed in a leather coat or large sweater with a tank top or plain T-shirt; ripped jeans/shorts and combat boots.

Disposition
She defends the underdog and despises bigotry; her sense of justice is "an eye for an eye".

Conduit Abilities
Reflect
Per her alias, Fima is capable of mirroring the powers of other Conduits. Though she is unsure of technicalities, what she understands is that her power replicates a Conduit's physiology and changes her own to match.
Limitations: Fima must be within a certain distance to reflect someone's power. She can use it without consequence as long as the distance is maintained or the person she is reflecting remains conscious. Once outside of that distance/the person becomes unconscious, she has that power for a half hour. She can reflect up to two people simultaneously.
Side Affects: Complications can occur when a power she is using begins to wear off. When her physiology reverts to normal, her body treats what remains of the power borrowed as alien and fights against it. Side affects can be random, usually no worse than fatigue, headaches or other minor ailments. Some can be more severe (e.g. if reflecting a fire-user, it is possible she can suffer burns as the power wears).

Weapon of Choice
Collapsible steel baton, M9 Pistol
The baton is her main weapon in situations where her power does not give her the upper hand; mixes kickboxing and the baton in hand-to-hand melee.
The M9 is more a relic from her days in the Army and used only as a last resort, or to scare. She does have a concealed license and carries it with her most of the time.

History
Fima grew up in the suburbs near Chicago, Illinois but was born in Egypt. Her father was Egyptian and her mother from Pakistan-- both Muslim. They were forced to immigrate when religious tensions were rolling through the Middle East as her parents held Western ideas many disagreed with. Because of her background however, Fima often faced abuse from kids and teachers alike. She gained a reputation very early for being a ruffian; always fighting with kids who were bullies and pulling pranks on teachers. Despite this she did extraordinary well in grades, gaining high marks in mathematics and following her father's footsteps in a love of computers.
At 18 she joined the Army. It was as much to pay for college as provide direction and order in her rough-and-tumble life. She remained until she was 25, going to school then being deployed as an electronic warfare specialist, then returning state-side to work within the cyber division. Her career ended when she received dishonorable discharge for beating an officer who tried to rape another enlisted woman. That woman's name was Alice Zailus.
After her discharge, Fima ended up taking random contract jobs. Most were hacking, with the occasional detective work and pay to beat up an abuser. She ended up moving into a studio flat with Alice, when she left the Army as well, and they stayed together for 3 years...when the waves hit. Fima and Alice were in New York when the disturbance, sweeping them up in the middle of it. Fima woke up in a hospital with glass embedded in her scalp and Alice, gone. They never recovered the body.
When her powers began acting up, Fima went underground, disappearing completely. She took the time to learn what was happening to her, and the world, keeping an ear out for news. After 6 months, she finally resurfaced in Millenium City when a hacker friend related possible sightings of Alice Zailus there.​

Cynthia_art.png

Name: She keeps her real name hidden from others, but will allow them to call her Cynthia if they don't want to call her Pixel.

Know by: Pixel

Appearance: She never shows her true appearance to others, but always makes herself appear to the others as Cynthia, a video game character, through her ability to cast holographic projections of herself.

Disposition: More often than not, Pixel hates criminals and bad people. She values justice. The only time she may be more concerned about survival is if something happens that causes her fear. Most of the time, however, she us unafraid, especially when her holographic projection is on the field in place of herself.

Conduit Abilities: Video manipulation

Weapon of choice: N/A

History: Involved in an accident that accidentally disfigured her face at a young age, Pixel was teased and treated poorly in school. She became a withdrawn person who spent most of her time staying away from people, hiding away playing video games and watching TV in her room. She has a loving and supporting family, but still struggles with her confidence despite this.

After becoming aware of her conduit powers, she uses her video projection powers to keep her face hidden and give herself a different appearance. Sometimes, she doesn't even leave her home but sends a proxy video hologram of herself to walk out among others. She hates bullies and criminals, using her powers to take them down whenever possible. She enjoys doing these things as well, feeling like a super hero from a video game or movie when she does.

Personality: She tries very hard to keep up a calm, collected, and confident personality when in reality she is rather quiet, introverted, and depressed.​

Last edited:
I'M ALWAYS DOWN FOR A SUPERHERO RP. Thanks for the tag @Lulunopia. <3

Alrighty, I've made up a list of the accepted characters. @SilentxChaos @Klutzy Ninja Kitty I've added you both on as well.

I don't have an exact date to start in mind yet but we will at least be waiting a week as a few have told me they are currently working on sheets.
I'M ALWAYS DOWN FOR A SUPERHERO RP. Thanks for the tag @Lulunopia. <3
Welcome!

Name: Isabella "Bella" Horvath

Known by: Glossover

Appearance:
8de5fbffe4b9eba99b2172f941cefb01.jpg

Disposition:
Being an actress and activist before she had power, Bella took her position as a role model to younger woman and people already seriously. Now having a powerful gift, that drive has magnified,

Conduit Abilities:
Friction manipulation

Her feats and skills are as followed​
  • Super speed: Being able to control friction, Bella at her current max speed is 200 mph. However due to the strain it takes on her mind and body, she normally avoids using it.​
  • An alternative to super speed is sliding. With enough control and using the right for form, Bella can slide on objects like a surfer on waves..
  • Reducing friction around herself and, or he area around her. Making it slippery and hard to move on. While using it on herself, most things or attacks slid off and away from Bella, avoiding most damage
  • Can walk on water and climb walls by increasing her friction.
  • A side effect of this power is that Bella is immune to burning and most fire attack. However she can still feel heat.
  • She cause her powers to cause electric shock, or cause flames to appear.
  • Increasing her friction on her fist or any body part she attack with does more damage. At a certain point, said body part can catch on fire.
  • One of the major side affects is Bella becoming tired and worn out. The power it takes to control these abilities is a lot right now.

History:

Born to a single mother who quickly married her another man, Bella's life was semi ideal in her home town of millennial city. Her step Father, Ron, was a great, kind man. Knowing Bella since child, Ron always saw Bella as his daughter, and treated her with love, care an affection. Taking her step father's last name, Bella always had a interest in acting. At 12, she start auditioning roles in town. Soon the family moved to L.A to help Bella's dream become real. At 14 she got a role in a sitcom which last till she was 18. At that point, her career magnified. Soon getting more famous do to great role and great movies she's star and co-star in. By 22, she one a gold globe for best supporting actress, she was nominated for Oscar soon after. She lost but she was still happy, even if she was the favorite to win going in.

Slowing down in recent years slightly, she took a role on a premium cable show that films In her former home town of Millennial city, Bella was more than happy to get out of L.A. Rekindling a relationship old friend, now a Police officer named Pete Eastman, the two fell in love and recently became engaged. After the incident happened and her powers became awakened, Bella shared with him the truth. As much as he worried for his love, nothing changed and the two are they are just as strong as they were before her powers emerged.

Last edited:
Based on the plot, your character will have to be seeking out others for whatever reason you feel is best. They'll end up banding together as part of the same group, for better or for worse.

You'll be able to play multiple characters as well!
1. Is there a character limit?

2. Is there a group limit for this RP?

3. Is this a sandbox RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.