Indigo Children | a spooky superpowered mystery | ooc

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, they don't really have to be. The facility has been nice to some children, so they might not end up totally warped, especially if they're still young!

I mostly brought that up because there's a chance that these young kids are going to see some creepy shit (like dead bodies and scary monsters and bad things happening to their friends), and I just wanted to warn people in case they wanted to play delicate, impressionable little minds but weren't ready for the potential trauma. ):

My bottom line is, play what you want to play! Do what makes you happy. Another younger character would be welcome. :]

Haha I literally laughed out loud at that second paragraph! XD

Haha... but thank you! :)

Name: Olivia Hollows; Livia; Liv; Livi; Experiment-C2

Appearance: Olivia stands at short height of 4'3, weighing 70.4 pounds. That added to her small build, she could sometimes, though rarely, be mistaken for a younger age. Her wavy, dirty blond hair reaches, in the back, where her biceps would be. She usually wears it down, not wanting the bother of having to deal with her ponytail coming loose, having to sleep with her hairbow stabbing her head, etc. Her eyes are a piercing aqua blue with gray specs, giving her eyes the look of them being like frozen ice. Across her cheeks and over her nose are freckles which she hates; they are easily visible with her white but tan skin tone. Her body is not bony or scrawny, but she is what people would describe as skinny, due to her not having a big appetite.

Power: The power she possesses does not have an exact name. She is able to draw objects and extract them from the material it was drawn on. Liv has never tried this in anything other than paper. But with this power is of course a catch. The drawing must be detailed, and she has to draw it. Say you just drew a plain circle, you would only get a circle. Say you drew a detailed sketch of a ring with dimensions and such, you would get a ring. So Olivia would probably not be able to make something important under pressure or a short amount of time. It helps that she is naturally gifted with the skill of art, but then again she can only draw so many things. She teaches herself, she used to also take drawing lessons, but that was taken away when she was brought to the facility.

Backstory: She grew up as an only child, which she was grateful for; whenever she would go to her friend's houses, she would constantly be annoyed by their siblings. Lots would call her a social butterfly. She could make friends and strike up a conversion in seconds. Though she had friends and a life, a large part of her life consisted of laying somewhere with her face in her notepad, drawing. It was her love. It was something she did at all times, whether she was happy, sad, angry, just waking up from sleep. Often she would impress her friends with her skills, but of course she wouldn't show off. She never liked being the only center of attention, which is why she would get an attitude when her mom would try to flaunt her off to her friends, saying, "My daughter is so gifted," and, "She's only eight and she's so talented!" Etc.

Soon she was getting enrolled into drawing lessons, as if teaching herself wasn't enough. From then she learned good tips, like how to add the impression of light reflecting off of the drawing, and adding depth.

Some nights after she was in her room at her desk, practicing for her next class the day after to show for homework. She was pleased with the final result. She still remembers thinking, it looks like I can just pick it up. Like it's sitting on the pape-"

She couldn't believe what just happened. Her heart sped up, but everything felt fake, like she was vividly imagining. There she held a water bottle in her hand, the paper in her desk blank.

Of course a young child's first instinct is to run and tell someone. So there Olivia was, in the kitchen ranting on to her mother about it, who wasn't believing such an absurd thing. Livia urged her to her room, where the water bottle was on the paper, in a different position; merely a drawing.

It was then Olivia knew- something was going on. It wasn't normal. Something she didn't seem to realize is that she already had made her first mistake: telling someone.

Her second mistake was to come, showing a couple of her closest friends her strange power at a sleepover. While two were elated at this, one thought it was "weird." After that, Olivia kept quiet about it. It made her think.

Maybe I shouldn't tell anybody else... She thought something might be wrong with her. Maybe it was just a magic trick she could do. Whatever the explanation, she decided to keep quiet about it.

That was the plan, until her mom decided to flaunt her child's abilities once more, but with her "power" involved. There they were, Ms. Hollows and other adults gathered in their living room, watching Olivia pull drawings out of paper. Her mom unknowingly set her only daughter up to be taken away.

Within the group of adults and friends was a facility member, one of the ones who go undercover to see potential "dangers to society." When he heard about it on Facebook, he was sent to come have a look.

And that's when everything went down.

Being at the facility at such a young age was terrifying, not to mention meeting others with powers too, much more extreme and scary than hers. Then there were tests, which almost started immediately after she arrived there.

She would escape from this environment by drawing in her "cell," with the pencil and paper that she somehow managed to keep. But with security cameras [if there are any in the rooms] and people's bug mouths, that was quickly confiscated.

Over the years she's still not really gotten used to this place. She hasn't given herself the chance, always being by herself, maybe somewhere drawing in dust. But she's learned things too, mainly to keep her emotions hidden.

Being in this environment had more of a negative impact on her than positive. She starts having reoccurring sadness more than happiness, but someone could only wonder why.

Personality: Olivia used to be a smart, free spirit. Always fun to be around. Always smiling unless she was the center of attention. She would always be down for relaxing and watching some TV.

Now she is more of a quiet, solus person who still tries to see the good in things, but finds it difficult with the walls separating her from it and blocking her view.

She is naive, then and now, but now more aware of things than she was before. Now that she's at the institution, she will never be able to learn things about the outside world she is oblivious to.

She loves drawing, obviously. She also loves being around people who make her happy. Anything can make her laugh really, or anything used to. Now it's a little harder to get her to laugh aloud. Something to not try is to tickle her, which she dislikes more than her excessive freckles.

Goal: Her goal is to survive really, to live to see the day when she can be normal again.

Misc: Olivia cannot stand blood. It is marked with the name of Hemophobia. The sight of it for her can lead to vomiting or fainting. The cause of her phobia is to be found out.

Last edited:
Do we have to do the last one?

Nah, only if you want to. If nothing applies, it's fine to leave it blank.

She looks good! I'll add Olivia to the list as soon as I'm not on mobile.

*Snickers* Stick said "drawbacks" in a conversation about a kid who draws things into existence.

That's funnier than it should be.

Reactions: 2 people
I guess since no one is posting in the IC forum I'll revise mine. :3 Hopefully before anyone else posts lol.

Um... not to be weird or anything... but...

@TakedaXxXKaori, I'm a little bit attracted to Nikolai lol.

*to self* I am not attracted to an imaginary character I am not attracted to an imaginary character I am not attracted to an imaginary character.

@MusicalT Heh ;3 I'm amused. I don't know what to say xD I'm sorry not sorry .

Revising is cool. :Db I totally forgot to include the whole GM note earlier, and like, panicked to edit it in before anyone noticed. /GOOD AT THIS

I know there's no order, but should we wait for everyone to get a post in before we go again?

Either way is fine. If we should wait I can go ahead and revise/post my first one.

My vote is to wait for a little while for everyone to at least get their first post, yeah. You should have time to edit.

If we haven't moved far by, like, this time tomorrow, we can start posting closer together. I'm personally trying to keep three new posts between my replies (even though I reeeeally want to reply to Mio immediately omgomgomg).

Someone is going to have a sad little Jackie following them around like a lost puppy. Fair warning, it's probably gonna be one of the second oldest. Hurr.

Anyway, who hasn't posted yet?

OH, and cat lady, would you mind making your purple text just a little brighter? It's hard for me to read it D:

Last edited:
Hrm. I guess since we're just waiting on Okasami now, and MusicalT got her chance to edit, we can probably go ahead and post again. Since everyone's just starting out, it wouldn't be hard for Okasami to catch up and meet the group.

(Is the second oldest me? I hope the second oldest is me. Daniel is a brat and deserves to be clung to a little.)

Last edited by a moderator:
He is indeed second oldest! I went and edited that though, because I noticed Oka is the same age as him when I looked back at the character list. I'll probably write a second post and have her latch onto him today.

Megzizz901 will probably post later tonight because she's working until 8 tonight. And the purple text shall be brightened.

I'm actually more excited about this rp than pretty much any other rp I have been in so far.

Reactions: TotallyMe
Oh, good to know! Work: the bane of every RPer's existence.

I'm glad you're excited, Ichigo. C: This is such a fun group already.

Reactions: TotallyMe
The premise of the roleplay is excellent, Stick. It was a great idea c:

And thanks a bunch, Ichigo! I think my eyes might be going bad Dx

Status
Not open for further replies.