Incorrect coding causing HTML

• Thread starter IntrusivePenDesperateSword
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IntrusivePenDesperateSword

You might have seen this problem before, I don't know. BBCode has on more than one occasion reverted into equivalent HTML, not displaying correctly on the page.

Once, in a post, I was attempting to manually write in a quote, which wasn't really a problem. BBCode isn't too hard. What ended up as a problem, was how I forgot to close the tag. Not noticing my error at first, I closed the editing box, only then remembering my mistake. I edit the post, only to see the quote seemingly working as intended, but with an extra line shift added at the end, so I delete it. Relieved, I save the edits, only to be welcomed back to the regular display by a wall of <p></p>.

Everything that wasn't plain text had been replaced by sheer, massive, honestly intimidating, HTML, none of which displayed correctly. Besides for the [faq]-tag, for some reason.

Any ideas?

Would you be able to provide the link to the thread where this is happening?

I really would if I could. It used to be in a PM, but I deleted the message, thinking getting it out of the way was more important than letting people see what I am talking about. The only other post in which this happened to me have I deleted already.

I can try to reproduce the bug here though.

[spoili]
No one said:
*insert quote here*

I'm trying not to close the tag.
No one said:
This quote is only here to mess with the other one.
[/SPOILI]

A lot of crazy things happen, but none of the wanted effects.
[spoili]Just trying to recreate the code-wise layout of the post. See if that has any effect.[/spoili]
[spoili]
Ok, so I'm trying to insert a bit of text, a line or two. That's what I had in the quote that made it all happen. Ok, so I'm trying to insert a bit of text, a line or two. That's what I had in the quote that made it all happen.
I will add another quote above this, because there was text below the quote before I added it.
[/spoili]

I'm really sorry, it worked last time. As in, when the bug occurred.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that 's okay, if you can't recreate the problem, it isn't too much of a big deal right? ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.