1. The server transfer is complete, but there is a known issue occurring with posts lagging when they are sent! We apologize for the inconvenience. A fix is underway, so please bear with us.

UPDATE: The issue with post lag appears to be fixed, but the search system is temporarily down, as it was the culprit. It will be back up later!

Incentive Candy

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Kitti, Mar 21, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

[Kitti]When you choose a book to read, a roleplay to join, or a video game to play...
    What are the "plot candies" that excite you? Romance, fight scenes, what makes you excited for a story?
    [/kitti]​

2. Character creation, for sure. That's pretty much the only reason I own SoulCal V. The Mister and I have a slew of characters from our imaginations to...well, a recreated Austin Powers. Story is a big one for me, but specifically those along the fantasy vein. It helps if there's magic and pretty artwork involved - Okami for instance. It doesn't need to be complicated or have realistic cgi to be visually appealing to me. Above all, I'd say humor is really attractive in a game. Nothing is more sad to me than when a game takes itself too seriously, gets pretentious, and kills itself with its own ego before I even pick up the sticks. When decent games come of it, I try to support those independent games. I'm personally sick of big companies running movie-scale tv ads for games that ultimately are more limited than their earlier titles. Oh and those lollipops...candy helps. [:

3. It depends on the RP. If there's a promise of action or great adventure that will usually get me to click simply out of curiosity. Usually, I like what I find. That's for the mainstream RPs. What attracts me to the mature RPs is usually something different.

Either way, there always has to be a story involved with colorful characters. That doesn't necessarily mean superpowers, or mutants or monsters, but I love the ones where I get to push what's real as far as I can.

4. Anything depressive/dark/miserable/tragic. I am not 'that guy' by any means, but yeah, that is what I like in all my medias.

I guess I am weird. Watching/reading horrible things make my problems seem miniscule in comparison.