inapropiate crushes

• Thread starter die_Sprachkenntnisse
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a short-lived relationship with someone in a relationship. Something I first learned when I looked up her facebook because friends wanted to a face to put to a name.

It was kind of awkward.

I am the poster boy for inappropriate crushes. Though not so much in the teacher category, more in the they're incredibly straight or that's your brother's best friend or that's YOUR best friend or they're married or that's your boss or that's your ex's best bud or that is your ex you complete fuckwit territory.

@die_Sprachkenntnisse

Crushes happen. Think things through before you act, because just realize that this person could lose their job or you could be expelled over this sort of thing. It might be better to make a move when they're not in a direct advisory position to you, such as when the semester is over.

Also, I think this thread might do better in Counseling since this has such a personal story attached to it and people in GC are assholes. You might get better advice there, too. Want me to move it for you?
It's ok, I just wanted to hear crush stories not get real advise on it :,D I'm a pretty old fart and I know the do's and don't, but im still baking those cookies xD

This side of me rarely emerges. I've crushed on maybe 7 real people in my entire life(waifus don't count!). Though I had a pretty bad one that happened online. I got catfished by a 35 year old man pretending to be a 15 year old girl while I was in highschool. Fortunately, authorities got involved before we actually met in person, but that definitely was a rude awakening. But, I guess it is better to be embarrassed and disillusioned than to be abducted.

This side of me rarely emerges. I've crushed on maybe 7 real people in my entire life(waifus don't count!). Though I had a pretty bad one that happened online. I got catfished by a 35 year old man pretending to be a 15 year old girl while I was in highschool. Fortunately, authorities got involved before we actually met in person, but that definitely was a rude awakening. But, I guess it is better to be embarrassed and disillusioned than to be abducted.
damn bro that sounds awful :/

damn bro that sounds awful :/
It really sucked at the time, and it happened at a time in my life where I was struggling with a split personality. I shared myself so intimately, that learning that the entire thing was an elaborate lie with multiple people involved was extremely disheartening. I really can't describe exactly how embarrassing it was for me and how much it made me doubt my self worth.

But looking back, I probably wouldn't want to make it go away. Even though it hurt, I learned a lot about myself. I learned that no matter how bad people hurt me, I'm not the type of person who stops trusting people. Even though I shared myself to a total creep, that was the first time that I began to explore who I wanted to be and how I wanted to be treated. I also learned that I'm forgiving. Even though I had every right to be angry, I wasn't angry. I didn't lose any sleep knowing this person wronged me like this, and I moved on. I look back on this event and think about how it made me grow into the person I am today.

Thank you for your sympathy, but trust me when I say it is very much in the past for me.

It really sucked at the time, and it happened at a time in my life where I was struggling with a split personality. I shared myself so intimately, that learning that the entire thing was an elaborate lie with multiple people involved was extremely disheartening. I really can't describe exactly how embarrassing it was for me and how much it made me doubt my self worth.

But looking back, I probably wouldn't want to make it go away. Even though it hurt, I learned a lot about myself. I learned that no matter how bad people hurt me, I'm not the type of person who stops trusting people. Even though I shared myself to a total creep, that was the first time that I began to explore who I wanted to be and how I wanted to be treated. I also learned that I'm forgiving. Even though I had every right to be angry, I wasn't angry. I didn't lose any sleep knowing this person wronged me like this, and I moved on. I look back on this event and think about how it made me grow into the person I am today.

Thank you for your sympathy, but trust me when I say it is very much in the past for me.
no problem ^^
it's awesome that you got so much out of it and that it helped you to understand and know yourself more than what you did before.

If crushing on a straight friend for what feels like an eternity and not being able to get rid of the stupid feelings even after not seeing the guy for over a year counts.

Sometimes I just wanna hit myself in the head with a shovel.

You lot and your teacher crushes though. Never had one of those myself.

If crushing on a straight friend for what feels like an eternity and not being able to get rid of the stupid feelings even after not seeing the guy for over a year counts.

man that sucks a lot. I understand perfectly how you feel :/

so basically I went in today and talked to the person I mentioned before, everything was going great but I lost my cool at the end and now it seems like I'll be in for a semester of pure awkwardness. :,D

I know what you mean about not seeing someone for a long time, and yet still having the same feelings for that person. It sucks.

A couple of my celebrity crushes are a decade older than me, but whatever, I'd still hit that if he let me.
My biggest celebrity crush is on a straight, married man old enough to be my father. >:[ *Waves his Inappropriate Crush flag*
That's cute.

Try old enough to be your fucking grandfather.

tumblr_nky7g9Z99j1syluk2o1_500.jpg

tumblr_neotk18izd1su3wt9o1_400.gif

tumblr_neoulb48a51su3wt9o1_500.gif

@Kaga-kun

Lol. My "first concert" was Paul McCartney, as it happens. I just was still in utero.

Reactions: Kagayours
I'd still bang Jane Seymour, to all you people going on about their old-man crushes. :D

so basically I went in today and talked to the person I mentioned before, everything was going great but I lost my cool at the end and now it seems like I'll be in for a semester of pure awkwardness. :,D
Don't sweat it so much. Everyone's get's awkward at times and makes mistakes. She'll probably be understanding. :P

I crush on my friends. Like, if we are friends, there's a good chance that I'm quietly pining after you, trying not to make things too awkward. Regardless of gender. Most are never acted upon, cause the few that have been sort of blew up in my face.

Inappropriate crushes. I'm probably the leading authority on those. The most inappropriate would be my High school counselor. (Relax! He was only 25 at the time.) We dated a bit after I graduated. I was also in 6 year phase of dating older people. I've dated bosses, and I've dated a couple people that were twice my age (not realizing till later.) I may have had a thing for authority figures. Thankfulky, I outgrew those phases and have finally settled down.

Inappropriate crushes. I'm probably the leading authority on those. The most inappropriate would be my High school counselor. (Relax! He was only 25 at the time.) We dated a bit after I graduated. I was also in 6 year phase of dating older people. I've dated bosses, and I've dated a couple people that were twice my age (not realizing till later.) I may have had a thing for authority figures. Thankfulky, I outgrew those phases and have finally settled down.
I have to ask o,o

how did you go about dating your school counselor?

Did you mean: every single straight girl I have crushed on throughout history, including one that happened to be married

In fact I'm pretty sure there has only been one non-straight girl I've ever crushed on.

:deadhorse:
Same simulation, but opposite genders for me. Every single crush I every had/have was a straight guy. A couple of my crushes were dating someone and one was dating someone from the eighth grade.

And I had crushes on a couple friends of mine. I never had a crushed on my first girlfriend (that was back in the six grade and during our school's dance). It only lasted four weeks before I decided to break up with her, because of my new feelings towards guys. Which can be odd to some.

Status
Not open for further replies.