[fieldbox=Kenna Gray Everdeen, #43B7BA, solid]

tumblr_nphud9G4DW1rsh4mao5_250.gif

He had a way of making her day. She had no idea how he did, but it was the simplest thing, from seeing his smile, to hearing his voice; it didnt take much. If Kenna was stressed, all she had to hear was the smooth voice that came from Kyler, rich like caramel, loud and booming like thunder, immediately her stress was washed away. Upon hearing him say that her butt looked perfect, a small blush crossed her features, and when he took her hand, she felt warmth spread throughout her whole body. How on earth did she get so lucky? One that she could share in this experience with, rely on and count on to make her feel better when she needed? It was beyond her, but it was almost like fate that Kenna and Kyler were brought together, and she wasn't going to question fate.

The dreary corridors of district 13 passed by as they walked on, silence consuming them.

Words could not even begin to describe how much love that Kenna held for Kyler, nor could they describe how lucky she was to have such a wonderful guy like him in her life. He was a warrior. Not the kind that went around and killed others (though that could be argued) but the kind that fought the hard times he had faced, stood for the weak, and cried for those that couldnt cry. To her, he was what perfection looked like, acted like, sounded like, he was everything that he was. Strong, independent, reliable, trustworthy, loving and caring. There are so many more words that could describe who Kyler was a human being and so many words that Kenna couldnt even begin to fathom.

He was simply...perfection.

Their steps echoed around them, a few people from district thirteen waving here and there, and Kenna looked over at Kyler. "Would you like to head outside? There's really nice spot not to far...but it's not close either. It has a lake that moves into a river and it's absolutely beautiful, nothing like I've ever seen before." She caught herself rambling and sealed her lips, gazing down at the ground. Kenna wasnt sure, but sometimes Kyler made her nervous, afraid that one day he's going to turn on her, tell her that he never loved her and that the feelings he had for her were just a trick. However, she never dared to voice those thoughts out loud.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Maxon Atlas Odair, #150567, solid]

tumblr_inline_n8dtslIbqN1s1lrn6.gif

A small smile crossed Maxon's features as he gazed down at Breanne, the one he called his, the girl who stole his heart and had his eyes set on. To him no other girl compared, they paled in comparison. It was plain as day, probably to everyone except for Brea. The way that Maxon looked at her, how his eyes softened and the hard features on his face slowly softened as well, the small smile that tugged at the corner of his lips and the gentle voice that he used when he was around her. His actions and demeanor were totally different when he was with everyone else.

While they walked down the corridors, Maxon glanced down at Brea, watching as she swung their arms back and forth, the tiniest smiles playing on his lips. She was absolutely precious. Not saying that she couldn't be scary because when she was angry, she was scary as hell, and she gained this look saying that you're all dead...definitely not a look you want to be in the crossfire of.

Maxon was lost in his own thoughts that he was a bit surprised when she spoke, and he blinked his sea green eyes, looking back down at her before he nodded his head. "Yeay..." He muttered softly, giving her hand a small squeeze. "I'd like to be able to go outside without feeling as if someone was going to drop a bomb on me. I'd like to be able to look towards the future and rebuild the few districts that faced destruction." He said softly, sharing a bit of what he wanted to see in the future.

There was another part though, a part that he kept hidden, afraid to tell Brea right away. But he wanted to see if they could have a future, raise some kids of their own or just spend the rest of their lives growing old without the fear of the Capital ruining everything. One thing was for sure and Maxon knew that he wanted Brea in his life, he wanted to protect her smile, her laugh and most importantly, he just wanted to be able to hold her without the fear of having her being ripped from his arms, never to be able to see her again.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Kyler Jones Hadley, #cc0014, solid]
tumblr_nu7niwUcbp1thbu46o1_500.gif

The silence that consumed Kyler and Kenna was comfortable. Kyler was unaware of the smile he wore, and though he did nod towards most of the District 13 residents that waved to him he did not respond much more than that. They were probably waving to Kenna anyways, she was much more likable to them than he was. Kenna didn't even have to put on an act to make them like her, like he would need to. She was just naturally a trusted person who got respect.

Perhaps it was where she came from and who her parents were, but Kyler seriously doubted it. Even if he had come from District 12 and she came from District 2 he felt like they'd all like her better still. Not that he minded- the fact that she was adored by everyone was often his only comfort when he had to leave her behind on missions.

Kenna's soft voice captured his attention immediately, his smile deepening as she described the place she wanted to take him. He cherished her rambling- held onto every word. Especially when she was rambling about things she enjoyed or was passionate about. "Sounds perfect," Kyler responded, nodding his head. "Lead the way, babe."

With the exception of missions Kyler hadn't been above ground since he arrived at District 13. He wasn't even aware that they were allowed to go above ground. Maybe we're not, he thought, following along side Kenna. It was possible that Kenna found a way to get above ground without anyone noticing, she was clever like that. He wouldn't be surprised at all.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Breanne Grace Herman, #8100d1, solid]
tumblr_mmy9zxBiQJ1qg8jcso1_250.gif

Breanne only contemplated Maxon's reply for a few short moments before responding. "Well, we better get to work then, if we want it to be over with," She said, shaking her head to move her hair from her face. "A song... Ever wrote one before?" She looked up to Maxon, raising her eyebrows slightly with the question.

It suddenly occurred to Breanne that, although she'd been with Maxon for several months now, she was still learning new things about him. This caused the edges of her lips to lift slightly. If she was still learning things about him then he was surly still learning things about her, which would hold his interest in her. Not only that, but she liked knowing that no matter how well she knew Maxon she could always learn something more. It was a comforting thought.

She also realized that she couldn't remember the last song she had heard. The brunette strained to remember even a simple melody. Maybe I'm going to be less help than I thought. She heaved a sigh, biting her lower lip. By now they were nearing the room that Maxon kept his war suit in. She let go of his hand at the door, smiling up at him. "See you in a few," she told him, before stepping back and leaning against the wall.

She planned on waiting for him there. The hallway was empty, so she wouldn't have to worry about being in anyone's way or disturbing a single person. Once Maxon was gone she looked up and down the hall before starting to hum to herself. She was trying to create a melody of her own, to get into song-writing-mode. "Hmmm, hm, hm hm hmmmhmm, hmmm." It only took a minute for her to stop, shaking her head to herself.

Yeah, this isn't working.
[/fieldbox]​

A small smile crossed Kenna's features when Kyler told her to lead the way. They werent supposed to go up without bodyguards and while she understood that it was risky with President Snow watching their every move; Kenna just couldnt help it. She was born and raised in the somewhat fresh air, the smell of spruce, coal, dirt and all that nature had to offer her surrounded her. That was her life. But right now, living down underground, none of this was her life (well it was, but it wasnt the life she wanted to be living.)

Kenna wanted to be up above running around, hunting with her mother, baking with her father and handing out food with her brother. Running a hand through her hair with one hand, and her other hand held in Kyler's; the young female led the other teen around a mixture of twists and turns. Occasionally she would make sure to press up against a wall which was easy for her, Kyler... not so much. It seemed that they were finally able to make towards the exit that she usually took when she wanted to escape her duties [something she did quite often.] Stealing one last look, Kenna nodded her head in that direction and made her way upwards, her eyes slowly starting to adjust as the tunnel became lighter and lighter.

The outside world. How she missed this. Kenna hadnt actually been up here since Kyler's last mission (the one that she didnt plan), and it felt good to breath in the fresh air. "We're almost there." She told him, turning around to give him a warm smile, and giving his hand a small squeeze. The crisp leaves crunched under her feet and the smell of the forest hit her senses. It felt so good to be out in the open instead of crowded under ground and feeling useless.

The silence was nice and after awhile they finally reached their destination. There were some ruins nearby, lots of lightly colored rocks and a lake nearby that flowed into river. The sounds of running water reached her ears and Kenna took a deep breath, closing her eyes and tilting her face up towards the sun. "Welcome, to my humble abode." She joked, glancing back at Kyler over her shoulder and then looking back towards the water. Moving to sit down; Kenna drew her legs under her and crossed them, her fingers gliding across the top of the water and creating small ripples that ruined the glass like look to the lake.

"You know..." Kenna began, her vivid blue eyes concentrated on the water before her as she spoke up. "We're really not supposed to come up here without the "bodyguards"..." She put air quotes around bodyguards. "But it's such a peaceful place and I didnt want to be reminded of the war. Heh, Boggs an those guys tend to do that." Her voice was soft; barely above a whisper and if one didnt listen closely, it could easily be carried away by the slight breeze. Sometimes Kenna shared her feelings with Kyler, and other times she kept them hidden away; under lock and key.

Today was one of the days she wanted to talk.

"I started sneaking away probably after your second mission and found this place on your third mission," She gazed across the water, fingers lightly playing on the surface. "I needed to get away, you know? I'd come here and hope that you and Maxon and everyone else would be okay, that you'd be safe." Eventually Kenna drew her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them, resting her chin on her knees. "Dont get me wrong, the people of district 13 are great and everything and sometimes they keep my worries at bay, but at other times they only increase them. And of course I understand that I should be there and watch over the missions, help out, but sometimes you just need a break. This is so stressful, though there are three other people to share the responsibilities with, there's just so much...stress." Kenna finished weakly, clenching her fists tightly and feeling as her finger nails dug into her skin, creating tiny crescent moons.

"I know I shouldnt be thinking this way and I always talk about hope, but sometimes those dark thoughts just creep into my mind. What if they dont make it back? What if we fail? What if, what if, what if?" The young girl let out a bitter laugh and shook her head. "I keep telling myself to shut up but sometimes you cant turn off your mind. However, every time I came up here, all those worries would vanish; I could feel my mind clear, the stress leave my body and all those negative thoughts evaporate." Kenna turned her gaze towards Kyler. "We've probably all been tense and stressed lately, but I thought this place could maybe help you, a little place that we could both share."[/fieldbox]

Brea made him happy and Maxon was only reminded of that even more when she commented that it would be better if they worked together. Sometimes he got so overworked and focused on one task that he forget there were others to help him. Brea knew how to draw him out of that one track mind set and always made him remember that there were others to help. Rubbing the back of his neck, Maxon gave Brea a goofy little smile, shaking his head.

"Cant say that I have. I've never been a very...musical person." He admitted. All Maxon really knew was that the song had to catch on, short simple, but hide a huge meaning.

When they reached his room, Maxon pressed a kiss to her cheek and nodded. "See you in a bit." He told as he headed inside and immediately changed out of the suit that was basically cooking him from the outside in.

He tried to think up a song, or some lyrics that could fit but nothing came to his mind. Stumped, he ran a hand through hsi hair, a small frown on his lips. This was going to be much harder. "Bum....bum bum, whooooo." He shook his head and smacking his hand to his face. That just sucked. All Maxon really knew is that he wanted a song that would unite the other districts. Heaving a big sigh and shaking his head, he eventually left the room, hearing the soft hum and he tilted his head to the side.

"Hey, that was pretty good." Maxon spoke up, turning his gaze towards the young female that had hummed the tune. Giving Brea a warm smile he held out his hand for her. "C'mon, let's go work on that song together." With his hand in hers, Maxon gave a small squeeze, trying to hash out different tunes out loud and inside his head. "I think the song should be kind of catchy, and is going to give other districts hope that this rebellion can succeed." Maxon commented, casting his sea green eyes over towards Brea. "I dont know if it would be better if it was fast paced with with fast and rough lyrics, or fairly slow paced thoughtful and heart striking lyrics." He thought out loud.

Going off of the Hanging Tree, it was slow paced, almost kind of like a chanting song for others to sing and had pauses that gave time to think. "Are you, are you, coming to the tree. Where they strung up a man, they say who murdered three. Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be; if we met, at mid-night in the hanging tree." He sang softly, trying to get a feeling of what the new song should be and should sound like. "Are you, are you coming to the tree, where a dead man called out, for his love to flee. Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be." He frowned slightly, brows furrowing as he thought long and hard.

Heaving a big sigh, he shook his head and Maxon chuckled faintly. "Man this is hard." He commented, tilting his head to the side. "I dont know if this is a bit morbid...probably is but what if it starts out like this." He took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

"If I should die tomorrow; tell the ones I love. I fought for them, I fought for ot-thers. I fought for those that could not fight." He sang the parts low and soft, a small blush stretch across his features. "I dont think that really works but that's all I've got for now." He told Brea. "I was thinking that it could rally more people, cause those that have families, and should they choose to fight can feel what it's like to worry." Maxon shook his head. "That was a terrible explanation." A small chuckle. "Honestly, I dont know what I'm thinking, I just thought it would be kind of good but I'm not really sure." He explained. They had a bit of time to get this song done but at the same time they didn't. Though he believed that if his girlfriend was by his side, helping him come up with a song, then this was going to be fun, despite the challenge.

Squeezing Brea's hand; Maxon gave her a soft smile and gently leaned down, pressing a quick little kiss to her lips. "You know, i was thinking that even though this may be a challenge, it might be fun as well." He told her, eyes crinkling at the corners as he flashed her a warm smile.[/fieldbox]​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Brea

giphy.gif

It seemed as thought Kenna was leading Kyler through a maze, which only furthered his suspicion that they were not allowed to go above ground. The thought made his heart pump a little faster- it had been so long since he had done something he wasn't told to do. Kyler would be lying if he tried to deny that he wasn't itching to break the rules just once, and the fact that Kenna was willing to do it with him only made him happier. Truthfully, he suspected that if he reverted back to his old attitude and started acting like the rules didn't apply to him, she would not encourage his behavior. In fact, he was sure she'd scold him and tell him to stop being an idiot. So, even though they were only breaking the rules a little bit, Kyler felt extremely excited that Kenna was willing to break this rule.

Kenna: "We're almost there."

She seemed to be excited too, which warmed Kyler's heart. It had been a while since he'd seen her act like this, he'd almost forgot how much he loved her adventurous side. Kyler continued to follow Kenna once they had gotten outside, looking around. He took a deep breath, something he hadn't been able to do in a long time. It felt odd being above ground without his battle suit, but Kyler was sure he'd get used to it soon enough. Looking to Kenna he thought, It's almost like we're back int he arena when we first met... minus the twenty other people trying to hunt us down.

Kenna: "Welcome, to my humble abode."

Kyler looked around, taking in the scenery. A wide smile grew across his lips as he looked to the river, watching the sunlight play across the flowing surface. His eyes then wandered back to Kenna, his heart giving a lurch. My humble abode, he repeated in his mind. This was her special place, and she was sharing it with him. Nothing in the world could have made him feel more special in that moment. Kyler stood slightly behind her as Kenna sat and played in the water.

A slight chuckle escaped Kyler as Kenna began to talk, though as she continued his smile faded away. Slowly Kyler sat down, spreading his legs so that they were on either side of her. His knees bent inward as Kenna drew her legs into her body, and Kyler wrapped his big arms around her. Kyler rested his head on her shoulder, his head turned so that he could watch the side of her face as she spoke.

Kenna: "A little place that we can both share."

Again, Kyler's lips turned upwards. "Thank you," he said, his voice a little raspy as he fought the sudden wave of emotions that washed over him. He was angry that Kenna was pushed to think such dark thoughts, sad that he worried her so deeply whenever he went away, and happy that she loved him enough to share how she was feeling. The mixture was tough for him to handle, so Kyler tried to focus on how happy he was to have her in his life.

The blonde male leaned forward and placed a kiss on Kenna's neck, just under her chin. Slowly he drew away, blue eyes studying her as he did. "I love you, Kenna Everdeen," He suddenly whispered. Even though there was no one else around he didn't want to risk anyone overhearing the words that were reserved for only the girl in his arms. "I will always come back to you."

He turned his head towards the river, watching it rush by for a few moments. Truthfully he was working up the courage to tell her how he felt- something the District 2 boy still struggled with. Even though he knew Kenna would never hate him for sharing his feelings he couldn't fight what he had grown up being taught: Feelings are weakness, and you should never allow yourself to be so vulnerable.

"You're the only thing that keeps me going," Kyler finally said, closing his eyes. "I don't even care about the freedom of the districts anymore, or about Snow dying, or even about bringing an end to the games. I wouldn't even agree to go on missions if it weren't for you." Kyler paused, sighing with his mouth closed. He realized that he may be saying this wrong.

"What I mean is... I only go out because I know the end results will make you happy," He said, hoping she understood what he was trying to say. "Right now things may be stressing you out and you may be worried about my well being... but then I imagine that smile you'll have when we finally win the war. I imagine you living out in the woods, caring for children you've been too afraid to have."

Kyler held her just a little bit tighter. "I picture you raising your children, teaching them how to bake and hunt. Every time I'm instructed to go put on my battle suit I just think about the future I want you to have... the future you deserve... and suddenly whatever they're about to have me do doesn't seem so bad. As long as it will eventually lead to your happiness, as long as it will guarantee you won't have to live in fear someday... everything seems worth it."

Kyler's hand twitched to wipe the tear that slipped between his closed eye, but he stopped himself. He just wanted to hold Kenna- maybe she wouldn't even notice it. He had done a fairly good job of keeping his voice steady. As long as she didn't look at him...

He also hoped she wouldn't bring up how he never said 'our children.' Truthfully, he didn't know if he was going to make it out of the war alive, or even if she would still want him around once they had nothing to keep them together like a war. Which was all right with him. All his life he had trained to make it out of the games alive, but that never really meant anything to him. All it meant was more glory for his district. Kenna, on the other hand, now she meant something to him. His life was a price he was more than willing to pay for her happiness, should it ever come down to it.

[/fieldbox]

tumblr_mj6e56d5RV1s0wnsvo2_250.gif

Whether it was because Maxon always walked so quietly or because Breanne was easily scared didn't matter, all that did matter was that the poor brunette jumped upon Maxon exiting his room and complimenting her humming. She rolled her eyes at him, knowing that it was nowhere near good. Her brown eyes then shifted down to his outstretched hand, and with a smile she took it.

Hope, Breanne thought, thinking that should be the main message. She stared at the ground as the two walked, trying to think of something. When Maxon started to sing Breanne stopped, looking up to him. He started off with Hanging Tree, and Brea couldn't help but think his voice sounded almost as haunting as Katniss' was when she sung the lullaby. But, she'd never tell Mrs. Everdeen that, of course.

He then went on to make his own song, and the red of his cheeks did not go unnoticed by Breanne. She always thought it was cute when he blushed- and at the very least she always appreciated it when it was him blushing and not her. It made her feel less small. She giggled slightly as he tried to explain what he wanted his beginning to do, rolling her eyes again as he began to doubt himself.

How does he not realize how brilliant he is? She wondered, staring back at him. Suddenly Maxon pressed his lips to hers, and now it was Breanne who was blushing. She smiled back to him, nodding her head. "I always enjoy myself when you're around," she said, her voice low. Then, her eyes drifted around the hallway, to make sure no one else was around. While she wasn't ashamed of the way she felt about Maxon, public displays of affection still made her feel... uncomfortable.

"And, I kind of liked that beginning," Breanne said. She then attempted t sing it, though her voice was much more raspy than his was, so she sang it quietly. "If I should die tomorrow; tell the ones I love... I fought for them; I fought for oth-ers. I fought for those who could not fight." She paused, thinking for a moment.

"You know, that kind of reminds me of a parent saying that so the message would be delivered to their children, kinda like what you said with the whole family element," She said, using her free hand to brush a brown strand of hair from her eyes. "When I got back from my first games... to find my father dead..." Breanne trailed off, her eyes drifting away from Maxon. She cleared her throat, continuing, "My mom used to sing this song to me when I got... erm, angry. Fights tend to be frowned upon back in District 10."

Taking a deep breath, Breanne started, "Don't you dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire... The war outside our door keeps raging on." Brea paused briefly, to take a deep breath. "Just close your eyes, the sun is going down. You'll be all right, no one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and and I'll be safe... and... soo-uu-nnd."

Breanne shrugged, looking back to Maxon. "I dunno, I just kind of thought of it when you said it should give people hope, because it always made me feel like things were going to get better." Giving Maxon's hand a squeeze, "Maybe we could change the words a little to incorporate both songs? Or... maybe we should just stick to creating a new song?" She felt silly now for even bringing up the lullaby her mom used to sing her.

(OOC: I used lyrics from Safe & Sound, haha)

[/fieldbox]​

• Love
Reactions: Stargazer

Spending time with Kyler like this was nice. Just the two of them out in the open, breathing in fresh air and away from prying eyes, it was simply...wonderful. She felt as the older male moved to sit down, his legs on either side of her and his big arms wrapping around her. Immediately a sense of comfort and safety washed over her as she felt him placed his chin on her shoulder. If they could stay like this forever, she would. Live in a world without war.

How nice would that be, a world without war, without sending your children to the games, a world with all of this. A raspy thank you fell upon her ears, but Kenna made no move to turn her head and gaze at him. One thing that Kenna loved about Kyler was that he was emotional, and maybe that was poorly phrased. But he was in touch with his emotions, emotions he never got to show in District two from what she heard, and she loved that about him. She wanted someone who was in touch with their emotions, not someone who was like a robot...though that would be argued with Kyler sometimes. She felt as the male leaned forward and pressed a gentle kiss to her neck.

Kyler: "I love you, Kenna Everdeen."

His voice was just a whisper, low enough for only her ears to hear. It made her feel special, feel that those words were solely for her and no one else. The words that she spoke, when she constantly told him that she loved him, those were words for Kyler and him alone.

Kyler:"I will always come back to you."

As would she. "As will I Kyler, as will I." She whispered faintly, one of her hands moving to lace her fingers through his, and giving a small squeeze. The sound of rushing water reached her hears, mixed with the soft breathing of the male behind her, and then came his words. To others they could seem rough, uncaring, and rather harsh, but she knew better. To Kenna, Kyler was this big warrior, and that's what others saw him as, someone who could fight, who was trained to kill and show no remorse. That was only the exterior. Deep down, Kyler, in her opinion, was like a big teddy bear, someone she could rely to bring a smile to her face when she needed it. Though she would never admit that she sometimes saw him as a teddy bear, might ruin his reputation.

Kenna listened as he explained himself, talked about how he pictured her raising her children, teaching them everything she learned from her own parents. She had taken note that he didn't use the word our and that slightly concerned her. Maybe he didnt see her in his life, maybe he didnt see himself in her life in the future either...either way she didn't want to push it. I just kind of felt that it was a topic for another day. "I also wish for the same thing for you Kyler." Kenna spoke softly as her blue eyes stared out across the river, gaze following it as it moved down the rocks. "I want to see you happy, see you smile." Her voice was soft and gentle. "I want your children to thrive and flourish, and whether you choose to train them how to use weapons, I want your children to know that they never have to use them against another child.

Turning in his arms a bit, Kenna moved so that she could look into Kyler's eyes, her own gaze flitting to the tear stain that remained before she moved back to staring at him. "All I really want for you...is to be happy and to have a future." She whispered, touching her forehead to his and closing her eyes. If someone had ever told her to describe her feelings for Kyler, she wouldn't be able to do. She had too many feelings, feelings that couldn't even be described. Moving one hand to gently cup his face, her thumb stroking his cheek, she let out a small sigh. "I love you Kyler Hadley and I will always come back to you." Kenna repeated the words that he once told her, words that she wanted to keep true.[/fieldbox]

A small smile stretched across his lips upon hearing Brea comment that she always enjoyed herself when he was around. Which was good, because he worried sometimes...okay he worried a lot about the times that he bored her. He sometimes wondered what she thought about when he was off on missions, did she hate him? Want to dump him?

All these were worries that he never really voiced, too afraid that those worries would come true and Maxon wasn't really sure if he could take the heartbreak. He really and truly loved Brea and he had mulled it over many days and nights, trying to think of different ways that he could share that with her, but he always kept coming up empty. Upon hearing her comment that she liked the beginning he was pulled out of his thoughts, turning his attention back towards the beautiful girl before him.

He listened intently, keeping quiet until she was finished. In his opinion, he found her voice beautiful and almost enchanting, one that captured him completely. Then again he was just entranced by Brea in general. He wasnt sure what it was, but it was her smile, her attitude (even though she was a bit anti-social), but to him; she was perfect. She was his whole world and he would be devastated if something were to happen to her, or if she broke up with him. But of course if she wanted to separate from him, then he'd let her go.

If you truly love someone, let them go. If they comes back to you, their yours, if not, then leave them be. He thought to himself as he listened to Brea explain about the song that her mother used to sing to her.

Another gentle smile stretched against his face and he nodded his head. "That's brilliant!" He said just a bit too loudly, the faintest blush crossing his cheeks when he realized how quickly he had gotten excited. Clearing his throat, he rubbed the back of his neck and gave her a sheepish smile. "I think that would work very well."

He played they lyrics over in his head, feeling as if he had learned it when he was younger, maybe heard his mother sing something like that, but he could be mixing it up with another song.

His mother constantly sang songs when he was younger, it helped keep her nightmares away. At least that's what his father told him when he asked why his mother sang all the time. Giving Brea's hand a small squeeze, he let out a rather content little sigh. Maxon was waiting for this war to come to an end and whether he and Brea actually ended up together, well...he just wanted her to be happy. "To be honest, I think I like that song a bit better, I don't really know why but it just kind of sounds better?" He gave a soft chuckle as he waled hand in hand with Brea down the hall.[/fieldbox]

• Love

tumblr_mmujkptDFJ1snvx4xo2_400.gif

Blue eyes focused on their intertwined hands, a feeling of contempt taking over Kyler. Kenna didn't speak loud, but Kyler clung onto every word that left her mouth. Perhaps it was their closeness, or maybe it was just that she had his undivided attention, but even the rushing water could not rival her melodic voice. His lips pulled upward as she told him that she wanted him to be happy too, she was such a dreamer. But, that's why he loved her, right? He needed a girl who allowed herself to picture a bright future, in order to even out his almost morbid way of thinking.

His gaze shifted to her face as she turned in his arms, pressing her forehead against his. Kyler subconsciously held onto her tighter, so that she would not fall backwards into the river should they be startled by something. He felt her hand on his cheek, instinctively leaning into it. Her embrace was the only one Kyler had ever welcomed so easily, without a thought. Again, she swore to always come back to him.

"I know you will," Was his only response. Though he was sometimes insecure, Kyler knew she was in love with him. He knew that she was willing to sacrifice herself for him- no matter how much he disliked the thought of it- and that she'd choose him over anyone other than her family. Suddenly, Kyler began to chuckle, drawing back from her so he could look at her face. "Do you remember when we first met?" He asked. It seemed so long ago, but it really wasn't. Maybe a year, if that.

"After the chariot rides was the first time I ever saw you in person," He continued, shaking his head. "You were dressed in that cliche flame outfit- which I only say cliche because it was a total knockoff of your mom- and you just kind of looked at me from across the room while Haymitch was talking to you. Our eyes met, and I winked to to you. Winked! All the while thinking that I was going to avenge my brother."

Kyler shook his head, letting out a laugh which echoed off the trees. "And then the next day at training, I told Maxon you were mine. I was going to make a big show about restoring the honor back to my family name." He scrunched his face. "Man, I was an ass." Kyler paused, staring at Kenna for a moment. His smile faded slightly, though it did not disappear. Slowly, he leaned towards her again, only a few centimeters. "I'm so glad I realized I loved you before I got the chance to ruin my life."

For a moment Kyler wondered what life would have been like if he had killed Kenna. Would they still have been rescued from the Arena? Or would it have come down to him and Maxon in the end? Who would have won? I'm glad I will never have to find out, Kyler thought.

Kyler then kissed Kenna's forehead, closing his eyes and breathing her in. Once he was finished, he pulled away from her again. "We should head back," He suggested, "Wouldn't want Coin to realize we're missing."

[/fieldbox]

tumblr_mzvp348ac21snnceco1_250.gif

The way Maxon suddenly shouted caused Brea to jump, and she blinked a few times in surprise. Her brown eyes met his sea green ones, and she smiled faintly at him. I wouldn't say brilliant, She thought, watching as a sheepish smile grazed his lips. He admitted that he liked her song better, though he was unable to explain why. "Thanks," she said, squeezing his hand.

At this time she and Maxon arrived at the end of the hallway, which met up with another hallway. It was swarmed with people, and two children raced by, clearly rushing to get somewhere together. Brea smiled after them. She had always preferred children to older people. They were much less judgmental, and much more free spirited. Especially those in District 13, because they were untouched by the games.

Sure, they were able to watch the games if they felt the need to, and they knew all about what was happening in the Capitol and districts. But, that was very different than actually loosing family and friends to the games. They were mere observers. Breanne experienced it first hand. She leaned forward slightly to watch the running children, until they turned a bend and were out of sight.

Standing upright, Brea's eyes swept over the hallway. "Any preference on where you want to go?" She questioned, turning her head towards Maxon. They had already had so much progress with the song that Breanne almost wished they didn't have the next day off. They could share the song with the council and move forward, instead of postponing things for another twenty four hours. It was wasteful in her mind.

clarke-griffin-the-100-tv-show-37100390-245-260.gif

"Hey Brea," A familiar voice suddenly sounded off, causing Brea to turn away from Maxon again. Coming in her direction was a blonde female, wearing a green tank top and brown cargo pants. Her hair was a wavy mess, and she had grease smudged on her cheek.

"Oh, hey Terra," Brea said, nodding to the only friend she had made in District 13. It became obvious that Terra was on her way somewhere as soon as the words left Brea's mouth, but seemingly last minute Terra changed her mind and approached them instead of continuing past. Brea noticed Terra's blue eyes shift behind her, and she remembered Maxon. "Oh!" Turning slightly, Breanne moved backwards so that she was now beside Maxon. "This is Terra," She told him, smiling widely. "And this is Maxon."

"Nice to finally meet you," Terra replied, pulling the dirty glove off her hand before reaching it out towards Maxon. "I've heard a lot of things about you. Mainly from Brea, of course."

[/fieldbox]​

tumblr_nyp4julHxI1v0rf59o1_500.gif
The silence was peaceful, it wasn't awkward silence that loomed over them and threatened to suffocate them. But it was peaceful, lovely even. Kenna closed her eyes and listened to the streaming of the water, then Kyler's voice cut through and she opened her eyes, gazing at him. "How could I forget? Worst first impression ever." She muttered softly, the faintest of smiles on her features. She listened silently as he recalled their first meeting, her fingers carefully drawing patterns on his arm. She was content and Kenna wished that they could stay like this forever. It was so peaceful, the exact opposite of what was going on currently and she knew it was selfish, extremely selfish, but Kenna didn't want to be leading this anymore. Of course she understood that she wasn't alone, she had Kyler, Brea, and Maxon by her side, but it was still a lot. She shouldered so much, the mission to retrieve her boyfriends mother, now she has to deal with his mother hating her and on top of that, she has to try and live up to everything that her mother was. How could she do that? It seemed as if her mother was absolutely perfect.

Kyler let out a laugh that echoed off the trees and she turned her gaze to look up at him. Oh how she loved his laugh, something she hadn't heard in so long, something she rarely ever heard to begin with. If she could record that sound she would in a heart beat and she would play it if she needed something to lift her spirits. The thought of having to go back to President Coin made her upset, the fact that they would soon have to suit up and march back to war in order to defeat President snow, and she wanted to stay. She wanted to stay here with him. She listened as he talked about the past and watched as his smile faded ever so slightly, but it was still resting on his lips. Kenna was silent for a bit and she bit her lower lip, letting silence settle in once more...and Kenna realized; she would have died for him. "I would have let you win, you know." She spoke up in a faint whisper, her eyes gazing up into his. She was glad that they never had to find out what their lives would have been like without each other, but she still would have let him won.

The feeling of Kyler pressing his lips to her forehead sent a wave of comfort through her body and she closed her eyes, letting out a long sigh when he commented that they should head back. "I know...but, let's just stay for five minutes more." She muttered. Slowly she shifted her gaze from the male before her back towards the water, watching as it ran over the rocks. She had a huge urge to tell him what she was feeling, her fear of not living up to her legendary parents, failing everyone around her and just flat out failing. It was slowly eating away at Kenna, and there were days when she just wanted to break down and cry, she was going to break. Kenna chewed on her lower lip, feeling the uneasiness of everything that was at stake pressing down on her, and she felt as if she was being crushed. Slowly but surely. Kyler had his own problems to deal with and she didn't want to burden him with her issues, same as Brea and Maxon. "I don't think I can do this." Her voice was low, and the words flew out of her mouth before she even realized it, and Kenna was hoping that Kyler hadn't heard.

"Remember when we had that movie night?" Kenna quickly changed the subject, thinking back to the night when she started to fall for the boy from District two. "You came up to my floor and there I was hanging out without a shirt on..." She trailed off. "I mean they should really put doors in, or something of that sort. It's really bad to walk in on people, or you should have knocked on the elevator door or..." Kenna paused when she realized that she was rambling and she offered him a sheepish smile. "Anyway, that's not the point." Kenna laughed faintly and ran a hand through her hair. "I was playing with whatever it was I was playing with and then you had cleared your throat. I was so embarrassed." The smile had found its way back to her face at the memory. "Remember when I then went to go put a shirt on and I ran into a wall." She could remember that day as if it was yesterday. "And then I remember I fell asleep and after that we asked each other questions, got to know each other better."

Time was ticking away and Kenna knew that they had to head back soon, but it was so peaceful here that she couldn't bring herself to go back. "I think that's when I started to fall in love with you." Her voice had moved from a regular tone to a soft and gentle, turning to look at him and give his hand a quick squeeze. Heaving a big sigh, she ran a hand through her hair and pressed a kiss to Kyler's cheek before she stood up and held out her hand for him. "C'mon, now we should head back."[/fieldbox]

tumblr_nvlropJHAx1ub3cv8o1_250.gif
[fieldbox=Maxon Atlas Odair, #150567, solid]Oh how Maxon wished how Brea knew that she was extremely smart, beautiful and just wonderful. He smiled back and nodded his head when she thanked him. As they continued walking, the two eventually came upon the end of one hallway that was connected to another and it was swarming with a bunch of people, more than the previous hall that they were in. He watched as children raced down the halls, chasing after one another and letting out tiny laughs, shouting childish things. He would have to admit, Maxon sometimes thought about getting married and having children, maybe with Brea, and watching them grow up. He would teach them how to swim maybe, play with them, and maybe even teach them how to hold a sword just to protect themselves, but never to raise it unless they absolutely have to. He wouldn't want them to worry about going into the games, and Maxon wouldn't want them to wake up screaming from nightmares, crying that they were going to get reaped or crying about mutts that are trying to kill them. Silly as it sounded, he wanted them to cry from the monster under the bed, he wanted them to wake up crying cause they were afraid that a monster came out from under that bed and just scared them, kind of like that weird Monster's Inc movie.

Maxon wanted to be the one to hold them when they were upset, calm them down and promise them that everything was going to be okay. "What?" He questioned when he was pulled out of his own thoughts. "Oh uhm..." Maxon was cut off when someone, a voice he had never heard, spoke up. Apparently this person knew Brea and he turned to look at them, being greeted by a female that had wavy blonde hair and blue eyes. He had to admit, she was pretty but in his eyes Brea was prettier. He watched as the two girls exchanged a conversation and he learned that her name was Terra and he wondered if she was born in District 13 or if she had run away from her previous district and fled here. He watched as the two interacted standing patiently by his girlfriend and blinking a bit when he heard her say oh. The faintest of smiles cross his feature and he reached out to shake the hand that Terra held out for him. "Nice to meet you as well Terra."

Upon hearing that Terra had heard a lot about him from Brea a sly smirk crossed his features as he shifted his gaze down to the small female. "You have, have you?" He questioned, chuckling a bit. Usually Maxon rarely teased Brea about most things, but for this one, well he could make an exception. Honestly, the thought that she talked about him to someone else made his heart soar and he could feel as it picked up pace, beating faster than he thought possible and so hard that he thought it would leap up out of his chest.

"Well then, I'm honored that she talks to me about her friends." There was a warm smile on his face, a smile that he wasn't sure he could wipe off. Maxon gave Brea's hand a small squeeze, his thumb rubbing the back of her hand. There were still times when Maxon feared that his dark side would still take control, that Brea wouldn't be able to pull back and he would take out everyone that he cared deeply about. Monster Maxon... He thought to himself, a look of bitterness quickly flitting across his features. Those were the words he head some of the people of District 13 whisper about him as he walked through the halls. He tried not to, but Maxon noticed the way that people shied away from him, moved a couple feet apart when he was near, or the way they went quiet. The room could be as lively and rowdy as it could be and once he stepped a foot into the threshold, it went dead silent. He would hear those two words whispered through the halls, within the rooms and sometimes on the hovercraft.

Taking a deep breath, he shook himself out of his mind and turned back to look at Brea and Terra. He didn't want to worry Brea about what was going on in his mind, each one of his friends were dealing with their own things, despite the fact that they were all helping lead this rebellion. Despite his dark mind, the thought that his girlfriend talked about him with others made his day a bit brighter, though he would be mortified if she ever found out that he did the exact same thing. He talked about her, praised her and just well...he couldn't help it.
[/fieldbox]

• Love

tumblr_o0uoyaxxu21sje9e7o1_250.gif

"I would have let you win, you know."

The words made Kyler's heart hurt, though they also brought a smile to his lips. He took a moment, staring at Kenna's features. Of course he knew she would have. She loved him just as much as he loved her, and he was planning to sacrifice himself for her that last day. His mind wandered back to their final day in the arena.

He remembered the gnarly gash on her leg. How the water turned crimson with her blood. He could still hear her cry of pain, and feel the painful lurch his stomach had given when he thought he had lost her. The guilt he felt from allowing the games to take yet another person from him. And then he remembered the relief he felt when she came into his room afterwards, she had just woken up.

"You would have tried," Kyler said, smiling at her. Sure, she had almost died in the arena, but even then Kyler would have pulled himself together. Killed Brea and Maxon and the last two tributes in an instant, said goodbye to her, and then killing himself. Then, she would have been rescued from the arena, and healed by the capitol.

What wouldn't we do for each other?

Kenna mumbled something, and Kyler didn't quite catch what it was. Before he could ask, though, she asked him about the night he came to her room with Capital movies. In his mind he visualized the night- how he walked in on a shirtless Kenna. He suddenly realized that was the most exposed he had ever seen her. Was it odd that it didn't bother him? Should he want to see her naked? For some reason, it didn't really matter to him. Thought, it did make him wonder, Are we even moving forward? Or are we stuck?

"I think that's when I started to fall in love with you."

If Kyler could smile any wider, her would have. Kenna made him so incredibly happy- happier than he could remember ever being. Even when his brother was alive. Or when he was with Lily. Or when he was a little boy and his mother cheered the loudest at his combat matches and his father brought back souvineers from his travels throughout the districts.

"Me too," Kyler said, leaning into the kiss she placed on his cheek. Kenna stood, stating that she was ready to go back. He nodded, though he did not take her hand to get up. As much as he tried not to, the boy had grown up in District 2 and some habits would never disappear. Back home, he would never accept someone's help up from the ground. That's just a sign of weakness.

If you can't get back up yourself, you don't deserve to get back up at all.

That's what his instructor told him when he was six, anyways. Such lovely people were appointed to train the young men of District 2, eh? Then again, tough love was just the norm there.

Kyler tread silently as they made their way back to District 13. He followed behind Kenna, because no matter how much he trained when he was little she would always know her way through a forest better than he ever would. Just like he suspected he would always strategize better than her. They each had their own unique strengths- which is what made them unstoppable when together.

Kyler reached for Kenna's hand at some point, holding it until they got back to the place they had exited District 13 from. Carefully and quietly, Kyler slipped back underground, turning to take one last look of the outside. "I wonder how long until our actual battle," Kyler thought out loud, his blue eyes still on the trees. "It's going to be soon, I think. Almost everyone has picked a side."

Truthfully, Kyler thought the song was going to be their last attempt to call Districts to their side. He could see that Coin was getting anxious, he was trained to pick up on antsy behavior. She was becoming restless, and when someone became restless they also became reckless. He was sure Coin would move them forward very soon, whether they were ready or not.
[/fieldbox]

tumblr_nsbuiavys51thy9zpo1_500.gif

Guest Staring Terra Elizabeth Salvatore

"Wow, he really is warm!" Terra said as she shook Maxon's hand, looking over to Brea. The brunette felt her cheeks heat up, mentally cursing her friend for having informed Maxon of how often she spoke about him. Terra's blue eyes met Breanne's brown ones, and she seemed to receive the telepathic message Brea was sending her:

"Shut up!"

A nervous laugh escaped Terra as she pulled her hand back, nodding as if to tell Brea she understood. Everyone knew Brea was easy to embarrass, but Terra was often forgetting that little fact about her. Truthfully, she thought it was unfitting for a Hunger Games Victor to be so timid, especially one who won at the age of fourteen. But, it was also possible that Terra did not know as much about the games than she thought she did. She hadn't ever watched more than ten consecutive minutes.

Still, Terra felt it would be rude not to reply to Maxon's comment. "Oh, yeah, you're Brea's favorite topic," Terra said, winking as if to pass it off as a joke. Even though both females knew it was the truth. To add effect, she squeezed Maxon's bicep as said, "And I can't blame her at all, you're a freaking hunk!"

tumblr_o0w6id9Lyr1s3llnuo1_500.gif
"Okay!" Brea said, to cut Terra off before she said anything more. Trying to change the topic as quickly as possible, Brea used her free hand to point to Terra's cheek. "What's with the oil?"

Terra let out a huff. "One of the mechanics is sick, so they have me assisting with fixing up the aircraft's again," She said, rolling her eyes and using the back of her hand to wipe her forehead. "It's that one they used to rescue the District Two mom, it's malfunctioning a lot." She looked between Maxon and Brea briefly, before adding, "Actually, I'm just on a run to get a new motor from our storage unit, they're gonna take out the other one and see if they can fix it up. Would you two mind helping me carry it? I think it's going to be heavy."

"Umm," Brea said, looking up Maxon to allow him to answer. She remembered asking him if he wanted to do something, but Terra came up to them before he could answer. If he had something in mind, she wouldn't want Terra to get in the way of it.

[/fieldbox]​

• Love
((Bump so it doesn't go to the graveyard, I know you said you'd reply sometime within the next few days))

tumblr_n26zt0ldhC1rv69nuo5_r4_250.gif
[fieldbox=Kenna Gray Everdeen, #43B7BA, solid]There were numerous times that Kenna had to remind herself that Kyler grew up in District two; a place that lacked warmth and compassion. Now was one of those moments that she needed a reminder. And she would be lying if she said that it didn't sting cause it did from time to time and this was also one of the times. Even when she reminded herself that it was just the way he was raised and that he couldn't help it; it still hurt. It sometimes felt as if he didn't trust her but of course she never wanted to voice this either for fear that he would get upset and tell her that she was just being too sensitive. Letting her hand fall to her side she silently made her way back with the boy she called hers and tried to keep the demons at bay. Since the start of this whole thing (though there were others to shoulder the weight) Kenna had become insecure, she just didn't voice it out loud. But she worried each and every single day. Was she making the right move? Was she good enough? Could she live up to her mother? What if this failed? The questions kept coming at her in a never ending speed. She was sometimes worried those thoughts would even drown her. Weird as it sounded there were numerous nights she had a nightmare where she was drowning and people just watched with cold and lifeless eyes. Maybe that's how she was actually going to die. After all Kenna had heard stories about people who could see the future through dreams but that was just crazy, right?

The feeling of warmth was enough to pull Kenna out of her thoughts and she glanced down at their hands before looking back up at Kyler.

"I wonder how long until our actual battle," The words rang in her ears. "It's going to be soon, I think. Almost everyone has picked a side." She muttered as her gray eyes moved to gaze down at her feed, her stomach suddenly in knots. She wanted to puke.

Immediately Kenna felt as if the world was spinning and it was suddenly hard to breath. He was right, this was going to be coming to an end soon and the video would probably be the second to last stop before they actually took action. She suddenly felt very sick. "Right..." Kenna took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "Probably soon." She muttered and glanced back out towards the trees and the faint trace of sky that peeked through. Kenna suddenly wanted to run back outside, run until she could no longer see the entrance to district 13, till she no longer felt the pressure of leading this thing, or felt the pressure of being responsible for so many deaths. The realization that she couldn't do this was slamming into her over and over again until she truly came to believe that this job was not made for her. It was getting so bad to the point that she wanted to kick and scream, punch something or throw a fit to let out everything that was troubling her. She was sure that if she did that then the demons that were trying to drown her would finally disappear. But she couldn't do that. Kenna couldn't break down because just like the other three, all eyes were on her, watching her every move and ready to judge if just one thing was out of place. It was nerve wrecking.

Shifting from foot to foot Kenna pressed her lips together and turned away from the beautiful blue sky and the smell of pine. "We should probably get away from the entrance so we don't get in trouble. We don't need coin to freak out or anything." She said softly as she dropped his hand and started to walk deeper underground. Back to the suffocating life of leading a battle. Maybe she could get back to her room and no one would be there, that way she could have a small break down or panic attack (whatever anyone would call it) by herself. Yeah, that sounded good. "Hey Kyler, I'm uh..I'm actually just gonna go back to my place." She rubbed her temples. Kenna could feel a headache coming on now. "I'm really not feeling that well." Before the male could say anything Kenna quickly turned on her heel and started to head back. She needed to get to her room and fast, she could already feel the tears and everything else started to build. She needed to be alone when it hit. She didn't want anyone to see her in this state because Kenna knew that rumors would start if people found out that one of the "Mockingjays" was having a breakdown. [/fieldbox]

tumblr_nvlropJHAx1ub3cv8o1_250.gif
[fieldbox=Maxon Atlas Odair, #150567, solid]This was seriously pure gold and Maxon only wished that Terra would continue but something told him that she was getting death glares from a certain someone that stood next to him. "Oh? I didn't think I was her favorite topic." He gave Brea a teasing smile and chuckled when Terra mentioned that he was a freaking hunk. What a hypocrite. Though he wanted to listen to the female talk about how his girlfriend constantly talked about him; he himself would be absolutely mortified if one of the guys he talked to told Brea everything that he himself gushed about. Brea was basically his favorite topic too and any one who was paired up with Maxon or managed to strike up a conversation had to practically sit and listen to him talk about either battle strategies or of course his girlfriend.

Upon hearing the question Maxon scratched the back of his head. It wasn't that he didn't want to help but he wasn't sure if Brea wanted to go do something with just the two of them. Then again he was guessing that she was leaving the decision up to him since she had muttered ummm. What's a little help? After all they could figure out what they wanted to do after helping Terra. "Sure, the more help the faster things will go, right?" He gave her a warm smile and then looked at Brea with eyes that read:

"You just have to tell me what you tell Terra about."

He was pretty sure she'd be able to understand. That was the thing about their relationship, they usually understood each other with on look or one squeeze of a hand. Very few people, as he had learned from his father, actually had that connection. Suddenly a thought had floated to his mind. "Someday, someone will walk into your life and you'll realize why it never worked out with anyone else. He remembered those words that his father had told him. He couldn't really remember why his father told him that or really what age but it was those words that stuck. And looking at Brea he realized that she was the one for him, the one he needed in his life and the one he needed and wanted by his side. She understood him, reigned him in when he got over worked, and she wasn't afraid of him. Maxon had never really been with a lot of girls, maybe one of two before he had gotten reaped for the games and even then it was never a serious thing. Not like the thing he had with the small petite girl by his side.

Even if she didn't understand him that was fine because he knew that she would never really tell him to begin with. Probably too much teasing for one day...nah. "Well lead the way and we'll follow." Maxon gave a mock salute with his free hand. There were days that he was carefree and relaxed and then days where he was tense, ready for war and extremely tired. This was one of the days where he actually felt relaxed and he was kind of in a joking mood. Glancing at Brea he gave her another look that said, "We can go do something after."[/fieldbox]

Introducing Annabeth Eadlyn Yamamoto!

tumblr_inline_mnhf6fPvRH1qz4rgp.gif
[fieldbox=Annabeth Eadlyn Yamamoto, #cc99ff, solid]Annabeth couldn't even remember what had happened after the screen went black. She was pretty sure that Kyler was about to kill himself but all of a sudden he went down and the screen went black. Next thing she knew her mother was pulling her off the couch and leading her towards some place. The rest was a blur, that was all she really knew.

So here Annabeth found herself wandering around the woods with her brother who was in the lead and trying to find District 13 which was stupid because it had burned down years ago. Of course she didn't dare voice her opinion for fear that he would snap. Her mind filled with yelling and frantic whispers. Her mother had promised her that they would meet up soon and hopefully they had managed to reach this place before they did. She wanted so badly to see them. Annabeth didn't even know what day it was or how many days they had been wandering from District 2 to 13, and she couldn't help a small groan leaving her lips. She was also pretty sure that they were lost. "We should just give up, we're lost and we're going to die out here." She muttered. Of course she was trained not to give up and fight but there was nothing to fight, nothing to live off of and this was all stupid. Why would their parents tell them to come here and what was the point. Wandering was getting them no where.

Heaving a big sigh Annabeth took a few more steps forward and noticed a small yet awkward entrance, two figures appearing side by side before the small one left. She was about to call out but that would be stupid, what if these two were enemies or something? Glancing behind at her brother she nodded towards the entrance and slowly crept closer, hiding behind whatever it was that gave them coverage. The closer she got the more she was able to see and she realized that the lone figure was none other than Kyler Hadley. Her eyes went wide and a small gasp slipped from her lips. She thought he was dead. Well she didn't know what to think because the games were suddenly cut off but she didn't think she would see him alive and...well? He looked well for possibly dead. Annabeth never really knew Kyler on a personal level, he was a year older than she was so they were never in the same classes. Her brother on the other hand was closer to Cato than he was Kyler but none the less they could still be considered friends. But what was he doing here?[/fieldbox]​

tumblr_o6eoubmkKM1uyd6mao2_400.gif

A frown formed on Kyler's face as Kenna dropped his hand and began to walk further underground. Was it something I said? He wondered, glancing down at his now empty hand. Instantly he began relaying their walk back to District 13. Something I did? Kenna was very clearly upset, and since she had been happy back by the river something must have gotten to her while they made their way back. But, what could it have been? Kyler couldn't think of anything he had done wrong.

"Hey Kyler, I'm uh..I'm actually just gonna go back to my place. I'm really not feeling that well."

Now he knew he had done something to make her angry. Or maybe sad? He couldn't quite tell, sometimes his girlfriend was so difficult to read. His lips parted, but before a single word could escape them the brunette turned and started to rush away. The sight of it made his heart hurt, she was running away from him. Before Kenna got too far he called out, "Feel better!" And then, slightly quieter, "I love you."

For a moment Kyler stood there in the darkness, just watching as the figure grew smaller in the distance. Minutes passed, and the boy from District 2 realized he couldn't stand there forever, he was in no place to wait for her to come back. Besides, he would only drive himself crazy worrying about her. With the final battle drawing near, he couldn't allow himself to fall into an abyss of self pity.

When Kenna saw fit, she would tell him what was wrong. And until then, he would do what was expected of him.

Turning, Kyler reached for the handle on the door, to close it. It would be careless of him to leave an entrance into the district open, and he'd likely be responsible for several deaths later on. One last time, he took a breath of fresh air. He began to pull the door closed, and it creaked rather loudly. It was almost completely closed before he stopped, staring off to the treeline.

Something had moved. His trained eyes detected it, and though he knew it was wiser to seal whatever it was outside Kyler's curiosity told him to hold off. Squinting, he leaned out of the door. For a moment he thought he had imagined it, he almost closed the door and continued underground. But then the wind blew, and brown hair swayed with it from behind a bush.

The decision was easy to make. Kyler could either close the door and lock the stranger outside, or he could take them hostage. Closing them outside was just foolish. They now knew of an entrance to District 13, and if that information got to the Capitol the rebellion could be doomed. Gritting his teeth, Kyler grabbed the first thing he could get his hands on, which just so happened to be a two foot long pipe. Nothing compared to a sword, but a sufficient weapon regardless if he knew how to use it. And, if his opponent wasn't better at combat than he was.

He also put a rock in the way to keep the door from closing. Gripping the pipe tightly, Kyler climbed out of the hole and crept towards the bush. Once he was halfway between District 13 and the bush, he came to a stop and called out, "You have exactly three seconds to come out and surrender." Swallowing hard, Kyler prayed that he wasn't greatly outnumbered.

"One... Two..."
[/fieldbox]

tumblr_n7gpoc8sxq1rpowevo1_500.gif

Blue eyes shifted from Brea to Maxon, waiting for a response. Truth be told, Terra was probably capable of getting the motor from spot A to spot B by herself, but it would be much faster with some extra hands. And, much easier on her back. Terra's smile grew wider as Maxon agreed to help, and then immediately started to lead the duo toward the room where they kept their spare parts.

Breanne caught the look Maxon gave her, and she gave him a look that told him that wasn't happening. Terra was Brea's girlfriend, when Kenna wasn't around. There were just some things she felt more comfortable telling Terra about than she did Maxon... and maybe that was the wrong way to word it. There were things Brea said that she felt Terra would understand better than Maxon, mainly because she was also female.

Growing up in District 13 meant that Terra knew exactly how to navigate the crowded walls, something that Brea couldn't seem to master. Terra knew how to anticipate which way a group was going, and could alter her path at a moments notice to avoid getting stuck behind something. Brea was far too much in her head to be able to do such things, she spent most of her time apologizing to people for bumping into them when she wasn't with Terra.

As Terra guided them through the hallways, she found herself thinking of many questions to ask Maxon. However, she held her tongue on them, because she knew Brea wouldn't like it if her boyfriend was interrogated. They get enough of that from the higher ups, and she was merely a soldier. "So, where are you guys coming from?" Terra asked, striking up a conversation.

"A meeting," Brea replied, shrugging her shoulders. "Same old, same old."

Terra scrunched up her nose, knowing how boring those things usually were. "Lame," she said, turning abruptly. Brea stumbled over herself as she tried to follow, instinctively reaching out for Maxon's shoulder until she was steady. Terra continued, pretending she hadn't noticed her clumsy friend nearly falling over, "Any idea of when we invade the Capitol yet?"

Brea shook her head with a sigh. "No, but I'm hoping soon. If we don't act soon, we might loose some of the fire. Ya know?"
tumblr_o3zxnxJaZi1r5ett3o1_250.gif

Terra turned to look at Brea over her shoulder. "I think I know what you're saying," Terra said, taking on a tone that hinted she was about to tease her friend. "But, seriously Ten, we've been over this. Metaphors aren't my thing."

At that time they arrived to the closet. Terra keyed in the code, and then held the door open for Brea and Maxon to walk in ahead of her. She flipped on the lights, and started to lead the couple through the maze of metal shelves. Finally, they found the motor they came for, and Terra slid the heavy box out of it's space. "Alright, this is it. Ready?"

Brea glanced at Maxon with a slightly amused expression, before standing beside the motor. She put her hands underneath the center of it, Terra grabbing the back end. Which left the front for Maxon. "Ready."
[/fieldbox]​

tumblr_inline_ny8ulr3lBv1scq4k2_500.gif

It took everything for Kenna not to just suddenly stop and break down on the spot. With each step she anticipated getting to her room and ripping off this starchy clothing. She couldn't breath with it on, it made it hard and it felt as if someone was pushing down on her chest making it harder to breath. The room had even started to spin a bit and she had to take a quick break to try and calm herself down. She took a small moment to remind herself that the war was not upon them yet and made sure to leave out the part that it was quickly coming soon. That's what was causing all of this...yeah she was sure of it. As she took another step Kenna heard a voice call out to her. "Feel better!" A quick little pause and then three quieter words that always made her heart flutter in ways she never thought possible. "I love you." The faintest of smiles tugged at the corner of her lips and Kenna let out a soft sigh. The weight that was on her chest and quickly disappeared and she felt as if she could breath again and the world was no longer trying to crush her.

"I love you too." She whispered into the nearly empty hall, wondering if he could hear her. "More than you could ever know. I love you Kyler Hadley." She had added on her tone a bit quieter for sure that even if it was dead silent it would be hard to hear those words. Words you would have to strain to listen to and even if Kyler couldn't hear them, she had a feeling that he felt them. This is why she never told him how she really felt, the weight that bore down on her shoulders and threatened to crush her at any moment. The warrior from district two...he didn't need a weak district twelve girl bringing him down with all her problems. Unlike him Kenna wasn't a natural born leader, she wasn't like her mother who had managed to take this on. Kenna was no natural born leader and she certainly couldn't take all this pressure, she didn't want this role. It was thrust upon her just like everyone else but if she dared voiced her opinion well she had a feeling it wasn't going to end well.

When she finally reached her room Kenna slid down the door and let a small sob slip past her lips. That weight that had dissipated moments ago was back and stronger than ever. This was too much and after months of preparation and the end coming closer, the black void was starting to consume her. Another choked sob left her lips and she wrapped her arms around her knees, burying her face in them. Out of the three other leaders Kenna was absolutely useless and she was pretty sure she wasn't doing anything right. Those that would look at her and smile, tell her that she was doing a good job; she was willing to bet it was just because her mother was the previous Mockingjay and not only that, but her boyfriend was a boy from District two. Of course they wouldn't want to get beaten up by him, not that he would do that but it wasn't like they knew any of that...it wasn't like they took time to get to know Kyler they just judged him...but still they trusted him and followed his orders.

You had Maxon and just like Kyler there were some that were afraid he was going to snap and kill them all. But still they followed him, listened to his orders and of course when they got to know him realized he wasn't a bad guy. He could win anyone over with his charm and charisma, not to mention that his awkwardness somehow made some people feel comfortable since it showed them he was human just like them.

Then you had Brea she was a bit anti-social but when she opened up she loved. Oh how she loved. She may have felt that she didn't play an important part but Kenna knew that she was important and not just because she won over her District but she knew that if Brea put more faith in herself, she could easily move a whole nation. Her friend may not realize but she did; Brea was a lot more powerful than she knew and once she realized that, that girl could work wonders.

Lastly you had Kyler the natural born leader (or ruthless killer, whichever way you wanted to look at it). There were a few people here that didn't whisper behind his back, they blindly followed him and had realized he's not that bad of a guy. He was a bright star that felt so far out of reach Kenna wasn't sure how to try and attain him. In fact he was brighter than the stars and much, much sweeter than the sun. There was no way Kenna could ever stand on the same stage of him. She was pathetic.

Slamming her hand on the ground Kenna let the rest of her body sink to the ground and she cried her heart out. Her heart ached to the point she wanted someone to rip it out of her chest just to relieve the pain and her head started to ache from the crying. She began to cry so hard that her breaths came out in short gasps and it was becoming hard to breath. Immediately she ripped off her shirt and threw it across the room. Kenna raked her hands through her hair and tightened her grip feeling the pressure as she herself threatened to rip her own hair out. She. Couldn't. Do. This.[/fieldbox]

tumblr_n8x263SgoT1qgcqi4o2_250.gif

Lips turning down into a small pout Maxon gave a small puppy look to Brea but of course he knew she wasn't going to give in. Just like her he would be absolutely mortified if someone had told her everything he said about her. He would probably even hide under the covers for years upon years. He would even miss the war if Brea found out how much he talked about her and everything he said. There were even many that had told him he was whipped to which they quickly took it back afraid he was going to hurt them but they were right. His girlfriend never really asked him to do much but he believed he was pretty whip and in all honesty Maxon didn't even mind. He would do anything to make and see Brea happy. That was basically his new secret mission; making her happy.

Making his way through the halls Maxon stayed silent even when Terra had started up a conversation. He could put on a show if he wanted but Maxon never really knew how to deal with girls. His father had taught him the basics when he was younger but whenever Finnick tried to go further in depth on how to woe a lady Maxon always tuned him out. It just never interested him to pay attention. That would explain why he was so awkward with Brea, not that she seemed to really mind. She tended to be just as awkward. Besides sometimes listening was better than engaging in conversation, that's how Maxon learned a lot of the information he had; he listened.

Feeling a weight on his shoulder Maxon was drawn out of his thoughts and he glanced over at Brea, carefully moving to place his hand on hers and making sure she regained her balance. Wouldn't want his precious to fall and slam her face into the ground. "They're having a hard time finding a good entrance point." Maxon piped up. "Inside help has been a bit...complicated. The male gave a shrug of his shoulders and then faded back into the background once more.

When they came upon the closet Maxon waited patiently and quirked an eyebrow when the girls left the front for him. Giving a shake of his head and letting out a tsking noise he feigned mock hurt. "I'm hurt. Leaving me with the front. How terrible of you two." He gave another sad shake of his head and grabbed the front anyway. Drama King. "Ready." He had confirmed and with that they started to take the motor to where Terra needed it. As they walked Maxon had hummed part of the lullaby that Brea had sung to him previously, lost in his own little world.

When they finally dropped the motor off the male flashed Terra a smile and brushed his hands off. "Well then, that was a nice little workout." He mused. "Need help with anything else feel free to ask. I could always do some more lifting." Leave it to Maxon Odair to turn one little task into a way to workout. Weirdo. "Well it was truly a pleasure to meet you Terra. He told her and glanced at his lovely girlfriend before he steppe closer to the blonde haired female. "We should get together soon, and you should tell me everything that Brea says about me." He whispered making sure that only Terra could hear him. When he pulled back he flashed the brunette next to him an innocent smile as if he didn't just request the other female to reveal to him what his girlfriend gushed about. "Well unless you need anything else Brea and I will be off on our way." As he said that Maxon had slipped his hand into Brea's and intertwined their fingers together, giving a small squeeze. Giving Terra one last wave he headed off with the other female and then turned towards her. "So what would you like to do with the time we have left? He questioned with a faint smile.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Guest Stars; Annabeth and Callaway Yamamoto, purple, solid]

tumblr_ma5azph5aH1rbqm81o4_250.gif

tumblr_mvxewxH9Ku1sbqm84o3_r1_250.gif

Annabeth could practically hear her brother cursing at her to lie low. Blending in and keeping silent was still a task she had yet to learn to master at the academy, and it was one of the few things she always managed to fail. Unlike her brother who was mister perfect at every single little thing he did. "You are going to get us killed!" He whispered at her with a deadly look crossing her features. He never used to be like this, he used to be sweeter, let her know if she was doing something wrong without snapping. But ever since he came back from the games he had been on edge about every little thing, snapping at her for the smallest of things and avoiding her ever since that one night. "Sorry." She whispered as she shrunk back and tried to avoid getting caught. Sadly luck wasn't on their side.

"You have exactly three seconds to come out and surrender." Kyler's voice cut through the silence.

When he began to count Annabeth shot her brother a wide eyed look and watched as he simply held his finger up to his lips and then moved to stand up. "Careful with that pipe Hadley, someone could get injured." Callaway spoke up as he brushed himself off and held up in his hands in a surrender like pose. "C'mon, how long you gonna make me stand like this? You know I hate this pose." He said with an annoyed sigh, the smallest of smirks playing on his mouth. Kyler and him had been through training together and of course they were both victors so they spent time together every once and awhile. Not really enough to be called buddies but semi-friends was good enough. Glancing behind him he nodded his head and watched as Annabeth carefully stood up with her hands held up as well. Turning his gaze back towards the other male Callaway took a deep breath.

"Before you go all hero, we were sent here by out parents. Been looking for his damn place for days. Callaway had grumbled as he took another careful and cautious step towards the blonde. "You were about to kill yourself...and then the screen went black." His eyes hardened. "What the hell did you do Hadley? There was a threatening growl in his voice as Callaway suddenly lunged at Kyler, knocking the other male off his feet and onto the ground. There was a buzzing in his ear and Callaway could hear a faint voice yelling at him to stop but he couldn't. Kyler was probably the reason his parents were now probably in trouble, all because he had to fall in love with someone else.

Annabeth stared in horror as her brother lunged at Kyler and there was a flurry of punches and just...jeez she had to stop this. "Stop!" She shouted with all her might but her brother wouldn't listen. "Stop it!" She screamed once more as she raced forward and tried to wrench Callaway off of Kyler.
[/fieldbox]

• Love

tumblr_n2anwznk3a1sqbphco2_2501.gif

"Careful with that pipe Hadley, someone could get injured."

The voice was easily recognizable, and it made Kyler's blue eyes go wide. Suddenly, Callaway stood up from behind the bush, assuming the universal position for surrender. Hands high up in the air, slow precise movements. For a moment Kyler only focused on his old training partner, until he remembered that it had been brown hair blowing in the wind that gave them away. Which could only mean his sister was with him.

As if on cue Annabeth emerged from the bush, hands up in the air just like her brother. Kyler squinted at Callaway as he droned on, trying to figure out why the two were even here. Maybe the Capitol sent them, he thought suddenly, his face hardening. To try and lure me out. He averted his gaze for only a moment to check for anyone else, and that was when Callaway struck.

Kyler was suddenly on his back with the pipe knocked out of his hand, Callaway on top of him. As Kyler's brain tried to catch up with the reality of what was happening Callaway got in a few punches. Screaming could be heard, likely from Annabeth. Gritting his teeth, Kyler was finally able to asses his situation and respond the way he was trained.

He allowed Callaway to punch him twice more, so that he could get a feel of his timing. Then, before he was able to land the third punch, Kyler reached up with both hands and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. Harshly, Kyler pulled the other man down, simultaneously leaning up, smashing his scull against Callaway's nose. He repeated this action once more, before throwing his slightly dazed opponent to the side.

Breathing heavily, Kyler grabbed the pipe, this time gripping it very firmly. He looked to Callaway, who had landed on his stomach, and quickly pinned him down by putting his knee on Callaway's back, between his shoulders. Pointing the pipe at Annabeth, he instructed her, "Don't come any closer." Moving the pipe in a position that would allow him to easily allow him to bang it against Callaway's head if she didn't listen. "Unless you want me to finish him."

Now addressing the male beneath him, Kyler said, "Come on Calley, I've survived two Hunger Games now. What made you think you could take me on?" He applied more pressure onto Callaway, to keep him down.

With his eyes still on Callaway, though Annabeth was in his peripheral vision, Kyler added, "I'm only going to ask nicely once: Why are you two here?" His voice was rough, his breathing ragged.

[/fieldbox]

large.gif
Eliza-Taylor-the-100-tv-show-39220021-239-312.gif

Both Brea and Terra rolled their eyes as Maxon complained about having to take the front. With a grunt from Brea, all three worked together to lift the motor. As they carried it through the halls, Brea asked, "You don't have a cart or something to carry this in?"

"Look around Bee," Terra replied through gritted teeth. "We don't have such luxuries here."

The two girls quickly noticed that Maxon had checked out, or at least wasn't planning on conversing with either of them. Which was fine with both of them, it allowed them to make idle chit-chat as they made their way through the halls. Thankfully, people moved out of their way when they saw the group of three coming. Brea didn't know what she would do if she bumped into someone and accidentally dropped the motor.

When they finally dropped the motor off Terra began to massage her sore hands, and Brea took to catching her breath. It was clear she didn't work out very often, sometimes even climbing all the stairs of District 13 put a strain on her. To be fair, though, District 13 had a lot of stairs.

Terra smiled to Maxon when he said it was nice to meet her, eyebrow raising as he stepped closer to whisper to her. She met Brea's confused gaze as Maxon suggested they get together, an amused smile forming on her thin lips. Slyly, Terra winked to Maxon as he pulled away, thinking that may be fun. If she would really do it though was another thing entirely.

"Thanks you two," Terra said as Brea and Maxon began to head off, hand in hand. "I'll see you both around!"

Brea turned to Maxon as he asked her what she wanted to do. "I don't know, I kinda feel like I need a nap after that so called 'workout' we just did," Brea replied, smiling up at Maxon. She was clearly joking... though she was feeling a little bit tired. She wondered what time it was anyways, today felt longer than usual. "I could at least go for a water bottle... do you think they'll let us grab one from the cafeteria?"

[/fieldbox]

@Stargazer - Tagging you just in case it doesn't for me (since it went to the graveyard IDK if you're still watching it or not)​

With the help the walk wasn't that hard and soon they were dropping the motor off. Maxon rubbed his hands together and then shoved them in the pockets of his uniform, nodding his head towards Terra whens he thanked them. Geez he really wanted to know whatever it was that Brea said about him but then again he wouldn't want her to know that he gushed about her just as much. Oh many he would be so embarrassed that he would probably crawl under a rock and never come back out.

Glancing towards Brea a small chuckle slipped past his lips and he ran a hand through his hair. "A nap does sound nice right about know." Since he had taken a bit of a break from all the missions Maxon had found himself randomly falling asleep and the times when he didn't have nightmares he welcomed it. In fact he hadn't had nightmares in a while and so he wanted to sleep as much as he good. At least...he thinks. Sometimes if he doesn't sleep right away he has a hard time remembering whether or not he slept at all. It was strange but true, it was a tired brain.

"I don't see why not." He gave a shrug of his shoulders but a small frown crossed his features. "Then again it's like what Terra said, they may not have such luxuries of having bottled water, but we can go check." He offered as his hand reached out for hers and he laced his fingers through hers. It seemed as if the day was dragging on but right now Maxon couldn't complain. He didn't have to worry about filming tomorrow or the upcoming war. He could just spend time in the presence of the beautiful girl by his side. When he thought about it as well, there was a 75% chance that dark Maxon was going to reveal himself...if not a high percentage and that alone scared him. What if this time if his dark side did appear he couldn't reel it back in. How would that even play out? Would he kill the enemy? Would he kill his friends, family...Brea? That thought made him shudder.

There were so many scary possibilities that Maxon didn't dare voice. He kept them to himself and he wondered if any of his other friends did and if they did...maybe that was the downfall of all of them. Maybe the secrets that they didnt' want to share for fear of being a burden was what was keeping from truly forming an unbreakable bond. Then again Maxon could just be thinking too much...he usually did that a lot. Now that he thought about it once more, his mind drifted back to when he told Kyler that he should tell Kenna about his nightmares. But of course here he was being a hypocrite, not telling Brea about his worries and his own fears. What hypocrites humans were. "You know I was thinking." He began as he let out a long sigh and glanced towards the ceiling.

Maxon weighed his options of whether or not he wanted to voice his fears, if he really wanted to burden Brea with all this. She had enough of her own problems...they all did, after all they were in the games twice and the second was probably just as bad as the first...if not worse. "I'm actually pretty frightened about this rebellion." He decided to just tell her. "I mean what if...what if... Maxon swallowed hard and took a deep breath. "What if I lose it Brea?" For once his voice had lost the confidence it once held. It sounded a bit broken and vulnerable. "What if I turn again our allies? Against everyone...against you?"
[/fieldbox]

It was Callaway's mistake. He was so pissed that he let his emotions get the best of him.

Rule 3: Don't ever let your emotions get a hold of you.

How could he be so stupid as to forget about the third most important rule? Because of that he now had a broken nose and he was being pinned down by one of the people he...probably hated the most right now. A low growl left his lips as he tried to move but that only brought more pain. "You know I hate that name." He shouted as anger coursed through his veins. Usually Callaway never let his emotions show but he had been out in the woods looking for this dumb place for who knows how long and he has no idea if his parents are dead. "You forget that we were evenly matched before you left." He sneered. Emphasis on evenly but he wasn't going to point that out. Cal's blue eyed gaze shifted towards his sister who stood frightened, her arms still raised. "I swear...if you hurt her..." He couldn't even finish the threat for Callaway knew he had the disadvantage.

Annabeth had watched in horror as Kyler broke her brother's nose and then pinned him to the ground. "Please stop!" She screamed as she felt wet tears trickle down her cheek. Out of many people in District two, Annabeth was always considered the black sheep considering the fact she showed a lot more emotion than others. In fact she had a lot of whipping scars on her back from sometimes bursting out when it was deemed inappropriate.

When her brother was pinned Annabeth moved to race towards his side till the blonde haired male told her not to come any closer. Immediately her hands shot up in the surrender pose and she sniffled. "Please." she begged. "Don't hurt him." To many that didn't know Annabeth most would think she was just trying to use the poor innocent crying girl trick but she was truly upset and she just wanted her brother to live. Callaway was possibly her only living blood relative and without him she wasn't sure what she would do. Moving to wipe away her tears she looked at Kyler and shook her head.

"We don't know." She told him through sobs and hiccups. She could already hear her brother's voice. You're an embarrassment to this family. Grow up and learn to hide your emotions. He had said that to her after he got back from the games. Her family didn't care that she showed her emotions, they just made sure she didn't show them in public but when Callaway got back he turned cold and constantly told her that she was an embarrassment and a failure. "O-Our parents to-told us to c-come her. T-to find this place." She stuttered as her gaze flitted to Callaway. She wanted to beg Kyler to let her brother go and that he meant no harm but then again he wouldn't have lunged at the other male if he meant no harm. "I swear...we have no intention of destroying you." She sobbed just wanting to figure out what was going on. Yeah...she was an emotional wreck right now.

"You won't believe us, I know you won't, but she's telling the truth." Callaway spoke up with a loud sigh, the pain in his nose finally registering, but he refused to acknowledge it. "The screen went black when the hover craft came to collect you, Maxon, Brea and your brother's murderer." He explained, the anger slowly subsiding. Though he did bite back a terrible comment about Kyler's girlfriend knowing that he probably would die for saying such a thing. He'd save it for later. "Our parents told us to run, told us to come find this place."
[/fieldbox]

tumblr_mpqdi72yaa1rswnafo1_250.gif

Still breathing heavily, Kyler listened to Annabeth sob. She was an emotional girl, a true rarity where they came from. True, Kyler had emotions too. But he hid them, he knew how to keep up appearances. Her? Well... she was just a wreck. She stood out in their district. He doubted she would survive in the Hunger Games, and that wasn't just because she was a sensitive girl. It was also because, if he was remembering right, she didn't do so well in the training for being a Career. To him, she wasn't much of a threat.

The young male scoffed as she claimed that she didn't know why they had come to District 13. What a load of crap, he thought, rolling his eyes and tightening his grip on the pipe. No one knew of District 13 before the rebellion, there was no way their parents would send them here on a whim. Kyler's blue eyes scanned the treeline again, looking for anyone else. He was more sure now that the Capitol must have sent them, but he didn't see anyone else. Why would they only send these two? What was the gain?

Of course, Callaway had to chime in too. He claimed they were telling the truth, but that didn't mean much coming from someone who just tried to beat him into a bloody pulp. The words 'brother's murderer' came pouring out of Callaway's mouth, and Kyler felt his teeth grit. He applied more pressure onto the man beneath him out of spite, Kenna was so much more than that to him now. It disgusted him to hear her referred to in such a way.

For a long moment Kyler simply weighed his options. Sadly, there weren't many, and none of them were particularly good. The best option he could think of was to bring them inside and contain them. And alert Coin right away. But then she'll know I was outside, He realized, causing him to pause for a moment. Shaking his head, Kyler reminded himself he shouldn't think so selfishly when he was at war. So what if he got in trouble? There wasn't much Coin could do to him anyways. He was far too important to the rebellion at this point.

"Liars," Kyler said, spitting on the ground directly in front of Callaway's face. As soon as he did it Kyler wanted to take it back, he hadn't even thought about doing such a disgusting thing. Back in District 2 they weren't just taught how to kill, they were also taught how to put on a show. That was all part of what he learned, it was instinct for him.

Shifting off of Callaway, Kyler quickly stood and got a safe distance away from him. "Here's the deal," Kyler said, his voice rough and stern. He pointed to Callaway with his pipe. "You cooperate. You do everything I say, and nothing else. One step out of line, and I swear to God," he moved the pipe to point it at Annabeth. "She will die. If you think you can kill me I welcome the challenge, but if I were you that's not a gamble I'd make. Think about it."

He moved to the side again, nodding his head towards the doorway of District 13. "Now, march. You first, Annabeth you get directly behind him. Let's move." He could feel his forehead sweating, it had been a long time since he treated people like this. For once, he was thankful he had been trained so well back home. It made him well prepared for situations like this.

[/fieldbox]

With-Ur-Love-cher-lloyd-31273185-245-198.gif

Warmth raced through Brea's body as Maxon laced his fingers with her, a smile growing on her lips. They walked through the hallway silently, just holding each other's hands. When they reached a more crowded hallway she almost pulled her hand away, because it was nearly too much PDA for her own liking. But she didn't pull away, only because she liked the feeling of his body heat radiating off of him.

As they walked, Breanne allowed her mind to wander. She thought of something she hadn't thought of in a while: Her family. Brea's mother never watched a minute of the first games she competed in, and she was sure her mother didn't want any of the second either. More than likely, Breanne's mother and sister learned of what happened from other people. They probably think I'm dead, she suddenly realized, feeling oddly calm about the whole thing.

Maybe it was better for them to think she was dead, instead of worrying about where she was and what was happening to her. I wonder if I'll ever see them again, she thought. Again, she was calm. Which, was very troubling. Why didn't she care if she ever saw her family ever again? Was it because she had been away from so long that they were no longer important to her? Or was it because she was subconsciously suppressing her emotions to protect herself? She wish she knew.

"You know I was thinking."

Brea tilted her head up towards Maxon's face as he pulled her away from her thoughts. Her eyebrows furrowed as he let out a long sigh, looking up to the ceiling. She could tell he was having trouble saying what he wanted to say. She felt a pit in her stomach, fearing the worst. She was already trying to accept the 'break' he was probably about to suggest for them... even though she thought it was so out of place. They had been getting along so well just a few minutes ago. They were even holding hands! Why would he choose this moment to decide he wanted to try and date some other girl that caught his attention?

"I'm actually pretty frightened about this rebellion."

As bad as it probably looked to Maxon, Brea let out a breath of relief. A small smile tugged at the corners of her mouth as she squeezed his hand. She stopped walking, pulling them over to the side of the hallway. Brea turned to stand in from of him, and took his face between her two hands. "Hey, look at me," She said softly, gazing up at his eyes.

"That's not going to happen," She continued, rubbing her left thumb against his cheek. "You're so much stronger than you think you are. I... I know you don't see it. But..." Brea trailed off for a moment, her eyes wandering down to his chest. She didn't normally just outwardly state things like this, it made her nervous. But she knew Maxon needed to hear it, or else he may never stop doubting himself. She looked back up at his blue eyes. "But I see it. I see it every day, in everything you do."

Smiling at him, Brea went up on her tippy-toes to get closer to his face. She looked him dead in the eyes, to make sure he was paying attention to what she was saying. "I'm not scared of you, Maxon," she said. "I've never been scared of you... You won't hurt me. I know you won't."

[/fieldbox]​

There was something about Brea that always put Maxon at ease. He couldn't pin point it but then again he wasn't really sure if he wanted to sit down and figure out. Sometimes the best part of the mystery was just that; it was a mystery. When she suddenly stopped though the tall male almost ran into her before she quickly pulled him over to the side of the hallway. Her small hands moved to frame his face and Maxon's eyes met Brea's. Those beautiful eyes that he could easily get lost in, no matter what. They had a way of pulling him in and keeping him there. He was a captive and he didn't mind one bit.

The way her thumb rubbed against his cheek helped calm him down and her words were beyond anything he could have comprehended. What did he do to deserve such a wonderful and a beautiful girl like Brea? He wasn't too sure. He killed people (then again so did she) but he also lost himself and for awhile he struggled to find himself once again. After the appearance of "Monster Maxon" he walked around in a daydream, well more like a nightmare, but he couldn't figure his life out. He felt that after the games all he ever did was put on a smile, force everything he did just to please those around him. Honestly if you asked him to recount what his life was before his second games he wouldn't be able to tell you a damn thing.

Her words rang out through his mind and a tiny smile crossed his lips. She wasn't scared of him...that in itself made all the tension in his body melt away. Of course his mind was going to haunt him once more that maybe Brea was afraid of him but this moment right now...he was going to lock away in a box and keep it forever. That's something he always wanted to hear. Sometimes he felt that his parents were afraid of him, afraid of who their son had become. Hell he knew everyone else was already afraid of him and so to have someone look him dead in the eyes and claim that they were not afraid of him, that they were never afraid of them...it was more than he could ever hear.

Maxon wanted to tell her that she put too much faith in him, you could never predict what happens in life. However those words never came out and Maxon wanted to think that it was because he knew his girlfriend was telling the truth, and that there was something about her that even "Monster Maxon" couldn't touch. She was his beacon of light.

Taking a deep breath Maxon's hand moved up to gently grasp Brea's and he gave her a warm smile. "I love you." He whispered softly. The world was a confusing and scary place, even more so now that there was a war going on but Brea was Maxon's calm before the storm. When he was little he read a book about hurricanes, not that he had ever seen one, but he read that the eye of the hurricane was the most calmest part. For awhile he felt as if his whole life had been this massive hurricane that everyone ran away from but not Brea. She walked straight into the eye of the hurricane, into his hurricane and now here he is standing in the calmest part of the storm. "I don't deserve you, I really don't. He muttered softly, as he let his eyes close and he took in this moment.

Leaning down just a bit, Maxon felt his lips connect with the girl that he loved and his free hand moved to the small of her back. Gods he was so lucky to have her in his life.

[/fieldbox]

This was not turning out the way that Annabeth was hoping, then again that was her naive side speaking in her own mind. She coiled back when Kyler called them liars, almost as if he had slapped her hard across the face. She watched him spit in front of her brother's face and she flinched just a bit. She was never a fighter, and sometimes she thinks she was adopted somehow, that she was born into a different District. What was wrong with her.

Watching as the other male shifted off of Callaway she wanted to run towards him to make sure that he was okay but the look on Kyler's face and the pipe in his hand, something told her not to.

Callaway had to work hard to keep the sneer off his face when the blonde told him to cooperate. He had to bite back a pretty nasty comment as well or else this would end badly. "That's low Hadley even for you." He spat as his gaze shifted towards his sister and back to the male. "Going after someone who can't even defend themselves." He spat. He had a strained relationship with his sister, mostly cause he pushed his way, but Callaway was still going to do everything in his power to keep her safe. He'd be damned if he didn't.

Sniffling a bit Annabeth wiped at her eyes and fell in line behind her brother. She could see the tense muscles in his back and a tiny muscle straining in his neck as he moved towards the entrance. There was so much she wanted to say, but she was afraid to speak. " I-I know..." She dared to speak up, sniffling as she walked. This was the part of District Two in her, fighting for what she believed in and wanting her voice to be heard. She felt that this was the only part of District two that was in her, other than that she was completely and utterly useless. "B-but our parents r-really did send us." She stuttered as she glanced back at Kyler very briefly.

Of course she knew that her tears and stuttering wouldn't sway him, but she wanted him to understand that they weren't lying. Kyler Hadley was one of the top students at their school, he and his brother were praised highly and her brother always fell just short of them.

The light soon became dim and it took awhile for their eyes to adjust to the lighting. There were many twists and turns before they were finally lead to a sleek room for being underground and a women with pepper gray hair walked in. Her mouth was taught and it was easy to see that she held some high authority here. "Thank you Mr. Hadley. You can leave now and I will deal with you later. She said her voice cutting through like a knife and causing Annabeth to flinch. Well this was it, they were probably going to die.
[/fieldbox]

• Love

tumblr_mld3ze39ks1qcyz4wo1_500.gif

It was true, Annabeth's crying was getting to Kyler's sensitive and compassionate side. He truly wanted to tell her it was going to be okay, calm her from her nervous state. But, he couldn't. It was obvious why Callaway was sent by the Capitol- he was the closet match Kyler had back home. Many knew them as rivals, he was here to rile Kyler up and remind him of how he was raised.

But, Annabeth? Kyler was just beginning to realize why the Capitol had bothered to send her. She's here to appeal to my weaker side, He thought angrily, staring at the back of her head. She suddenly spoke softly, sobbing slightly. His blue eyes met her brown ones, and for a moment he felt slightly guilty. The feeling quickly left, however, as he shook his head and gritted his teeth. It won't work.

Kyler purposely led them through hallways that were commonly deserted, or otherwise occupied by military personnel. He didn't want to risk giving Callaway the opportunity to use an innocent civilian to his advantage. Honestly, Kyler wasn't sure if he would try to protect a District 13 resident if Callaway grabbed them. Still, the situation wouldn't work out in his favor no matter what he decided to do. If he didn't protect the innocent he'd confirm District 13's assumptions that he was still dangerous to them, and if he did Callaway would have the upper hand.

Better to just avoid the situation altogether.

Before long Kyler was explaining the situation to one of the guards positioned outside their meeting room. During this time another guard handcuffed first Callaway, and then Annabeth. The handcuffs were then attached to the back of their pants- an over the top (but, with Callaway, probably necessary), precautionary measure. Kyler and the two guards then escorted their new prisoners into the room and sat them down.

While waiting for President Coin to join them Kyler eyed the room, making sure there was nothing around that could be useful for the Capitol. The Capitol had great technology, there was no knowing what kind of bugs they could have planted on Callaway and Annabeth. For all Kyler knew, the Capitol could be watching them right now. Should have put bags over their heads, Kyler realized suddenly, kicking himself. Luckily, everything seemed to be stored away.

Finally, Coin entered the room, cold as ever. She instructed him to leave, promising that his being outside was not going to be overlooked. With once last glance in Callaway's direction- he was sure to avoid Annabeth's gaze- Kyler began to leave the room. On his way out he stopped right beside Coin, wanting to warn her of who she was dealing with. "Don't trust a word they say," Kyler advised in a low voice, looking straight to the door. "Especially the male."

With that, Kyler left the room. He started towards his bedroom. Today's events had thoroughly exhausted him.

[/fieldbox]

1343367960238628_animate.gif

"I love you."

Those words. They were her favorite. They brightened Brea's day faster than anything else possibly could, they gave her the confidence to conquer the world- or, at least, to talk to a stranger. But, that was a major feat for Brea. A smile stretched across her face, accompanied by a warm feeling flowing through her body. What did I do to deserve you? She wondered happily.

As if he could read her mind, Maxon stated that he didn't deserve her. A soft laugh escaped the brunette and she whispered, "I was just thinking the same thing." A moment later Maxon pressed his lips to her, and she felt his hand move along her back. She smiled into the kiss, instinctively pressing her body against his.

Everything around them melted away. They weren't in a crowded hallway a hundred feet underground. They were alone, where nothing but themselves existed. It was a blissful feeling that Brea indulged in, loving every moment of it. She got the urge to climb up on him, straddle him and run her fingers through his hair. Sadly, she never got the chance, because someone bumped into her and broke their kiss.

As the stranger continued on their way Brea swore she heard them say, "There are our glorious heroes, shamelessly making out in the hallway."

Face suddenly turning beat red, Brea smiled up at her boyfriend sheepishly. She lowered herself off of her tiptoes, slowly pulling her hands away from his face. "It's uh, getting late," Brea said, eyes darting around. She realized how many people were around, and how inappropriate their actions must have seemed.

She caught sight of the clock, noticing that dinner had been served about twelve minutes prior. "Wanna go eat?" She asked, trying to push past how embarrassed she felt. "I'm starving."
[/fieldbox]​

• Love

tumblr_of5lom1AUn1r3ssslo2_540.gif

She had locked herself in her room for who knows how long. She prayed to calm herself down, maybe fall asleep and wake up feeling better but that never happened. Her eyes were currently red and puffy and not to mention she had a splitting headache. She wasn't sure if it was still midnight or day or whatever, maybe it was the next day.

If it was the next day then her little brother didn't come home, must have spent the night with her parents. Kenna let her head fall back against the door and her blue optics drifted towards the dull ceiling. She didn't want to leave the comfort of her own room.

Letting a long and heavy sigh slip from her lips she eventually got up. Her body jerked back and she squeezed her eyes to prevent herself from wanting to throw up. The headache was just that bad. Maybe she'd have to get medicine. When Kenna was sure that the wave of nausea passed she carefully turned towards the door and opened it up, light flooding and filtering through the dark underground passages. So...it was the next day? Did you hear about the two new people? A conversation floated past her and she carefully watched the strangers move on.

There were whispers all around the place and the further she went the more the whispers seemed to pick up. "I'm sorry what are you talking about?" She questioned. "Oh you didn't hear? Kyler brought in two new people. They're from District two! Can you believe it? Ugh I wish I was there, he's so hot and I just...ugh." She watched her swoon. If there was ever a time Kenna needed information she could easily come to Lacey. She basically lived for gossip and the news that floated around. "Thanks Lacey." She gave her a tight lipped smile, the one where it doesn't reach your eyes. Behind that smile lay pain and stress. "Oh...you wouldn't happen to know where my boyfriend is?" Sometimes Kenna felt that she had to remind multiple girls that Kyler was dating her and that he was off limits.

"Oh...oh I think he's in the training room." Don't get her wrong, Kenna felt kind of bad as she watched the other girl's face falter but hey, sometimes you gotta protect the good things in your life.

Waving goodbye she headed off on her way towards the training room. Of course he was there, that was probably one of the few places that he truly was and she wouldn't even have to ask. Stupid. Heaving a big sigh she gave small waves and tight lipped smiles to the people of District 13. She didn't belong her. She didn't belong in this position. Those negative feelings and thoughts kept rushing back to her, kept coming back and this time refusing to leave. Stay calm...just stay calm. Don't let it get to you. There was so much going on inside, there was a war within her and she wasn't sure if she could reign it in this time.

Reaching the training room she pushed open the door, the sounds of grunts reaching her ears. Carefully making her way towards the sounds her eyes fell upon Kyler and some girl she never recognized. "Wha..." The small word left her lips and she furrowed her brow as she watched. That was what her boyfriend needed, someone to spar with who could easily go up against him.

This was who he needed...not some weak wuss, not someone who breaks down crying. They looked way too close to begin with, he looked way too happy...much happier than when he was with her. "Hey...what's...going on here?" Kenna stepped forward and gave another one of her tight lipped smiles, she seems to be doing that a lot lately. The smile didn't reach her eyes and hidden behind it there was pain and sadness and only those that looked closely would easily be able to see how much emotional pain she was truly in.

They were training. Bullshit. It didn't look like training...they looked way too intimate to be just training. Turning to the female she looked her dead in the eyes,"Can you give us just a moment alone please?" before she turned back towards Kyler. She waited towards she heard the door swing close before she spoke up, her voice breaking as she spoke and tried to keep her gaze leveled."Do you...mind telling me." She had to pause to take a deep breath just so she wouldn't start crying. "I..." Kenna couldn't even finish her sentence before all of the negative feelings came rushing back to her, it crushed her and destroyed her.

She laced her hands in her hair and took a deep breath, her breaths starting to come out in short and uneven breaths. She hated this. She couldn't do this and this was not what Kyler needed.
[/fieldbox]

tumblr_inline_nbfjaaV7Rj1so30uk.gif

He was terrible at sleeping, he always had been and he was probably always going to be terrible at sleeping. That was who Maxon was and that's who he was going to be until the day that he died. This was one of the few times though that he didn't mind staying up late, where he was actually thankful of his terrible sleeping habits. He was going to impress his wonderful and beautiful girlfriend, the one who meant more than anything to him.

Meeting up with Brea made his heart beat fast like it usually always did. When he knocked on her door in that wonderful morning, at least in his eyes, he dragged her down the long corridors of District 13, leading her this way and that way until they finally arrived at a small picnic set up. There lay a bunch of food, well as much food as District 13 at least had to offer, and a guitar leaning up against the way. He turned to look at her with a twinkle in his eye.

He had never felt this alive in his life, this excited and nervous at the same time. And this time they were all positive feelings, they weren't negative at all. He had learned how to play guitar when he was younger, and granted this guitar wasn't the greatest but he would take what he could get. "Before you say anything, I want to do something first." He led her towards the small blanket spread out across the floor and helped her sit before he sat next to her and pulled the guitar into his lap. It was now or never."So before we start, I just want you to know that I..." He took a deep breath and rubbed his sweaty hands together."I wrote this song for you."

Maxon cleared his throat and shook out his body just a bit before he strummed the guitar. Music started to float through the small area and the small strums were soon joined by hums and it soon turned into words.

" You're an angel in disguise, when you color your eyes...But angels don't need covering." A small pause and a look of his lips before he continued. "You're a princess, you're a queen...You don't need finer things, but I'll buy you diamond rings just because. 'Cause you break the rules of beautiful, so stay with me for a minute more. No need to fix what's beautiful, you're beautiful." His voice was low and smooth, but there was almost a rough touch to it. Behind each word there was so much passion, and so much love for the person he wrote the song for and that person sat right by his side. He cast a small glance towards her and a smile graced his features before he started to sing once more.

"Like a flower all alone in a field of weeds, you don't need to change you just need to be. The way you were made is just for me. You're beautiful, 'cause you break the rules of beautiful," Maxon let his eyes flutter close as the words faded and turned into hums. He put his heart and soul into this song, everything he did, it was always for Brea. "The rules, as they are, overlook your heart, but we got history that's deeper than these scars. Oh and I'll take it all, all of your secrets and flaws. You make history by being who you are." When the chorus came back up he opened his eyes once more and looked his beautiful girlfriend in the eyes, wanting to make sure she got each and every single word he wrote for her.

''Cause you break the rules of beautiful, so stay with me for a minute more. No need to fix what's beautiful, you're beautiful. Like a flower all alone in a field of weeds, you don't need to change you just need to be the way you were made is just for me. You're beautiful, you break the rules of beautiful. Oh you're beautiful, oh you're beautiful, oh you're beautiful." With the last strum of his guitar, well the guitar he borrowed, he ended the song and the softest of smiles graced his lips, one that would never leave this time.

Leaning in towards her, Maxon gently pressed his lips to Brea's in a soft and loving kiss, letting his lips linger briefly. This was his girl, his anchor and the one who could bring him back to reality. There was no one else that he wanted by his side and in all honesty if they made it through this war, she was the one he wanted to marry. "I love you." He whispered as he pressed another kiss to her lips. Once, twice, a third time. He couldn't get enough. "One of the few times I was actually glad of my screwed up sleep." He chuckled a bit as he pressed another kiss to her lips, letting his lips linger once more. Brea was his drug, and she was one that he truly didn't mind having in his system.

[/fieldbox]​

• Love

giphy.gif
tumblr_oauh5wmoDN1uqrbamo1_250.gif

Guest Starring: Terra Salvatore

"He sounds like a real douche."

"Trust me, he is."

Laughter filled the room as Kyler and Terra threw their water bottles down on the ground beside the wall. He had been telling her about Callaway and Annabeth as the two made their way to the training room. They hadn't planned to train together today, but Terra bumped into him as he was leaving Coins office that morning. She was already on her way to train, and Kyler wasn't the type to turn down the opportunity to spar with someone.

Along the way Terra had asked what he was doing in Coins office so early. As it turns out, Coin was not going to forget how Kyler had found his old friends, and he woke up that morning to a letter slipped under his door. He was to meet Coin in her office at his earliest convince.

The meeting was mostly Coin speaking to him in a very quiet and strict voice, reminding him of what dangers he put their operation in when he went outside without permission. In the end, he was sent off with a warning, since this was his first offence. He was sure not to mention Kenna's name at all- He didn't see a need to throw her under the bus with him.

Kyler was surprised to find that most of District 13 already knew of Callaway and Annabeth, and Terra was very interested to hear Kyler's first hand story. Sometime during their conversation she mentioned she was on her way to train and could use a partner... And here they were.

"Well, regardless, you should hear how all the girls are talking about this Callaway dude," Terra said as she pulled her blonde hair into a ponytail. She then clasped her hands together and took on a very high pitched voice to imitate he peers. "I bet he's soooo hot... I hear everyone from Two is!" Kyler busted out laughing as he kicked off his shoes, and Terra rolled her eyes. "Seriously, it's just sad."

"You don't have to act like you haven't said the same stuff," Kyler teased, quickly stretching. "You're probably just as curious as any of them."

Again, Terra rolled her eyes. "You've got every girl in this place thinking District 2 is Home of the Hotties."

"Are you calling me unattractive?" Kyler questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"I mean..." Terra said, stepping onto the sparring mat. "There is room for improvement."

With a chuckle Kyler pointed to her. "You're gonna pay for that."

Approximately forty-five minutes later the two were both sweaty messes, bad mouthing each other as they practiced their hand-to-hand combat. Their breaths were heavy, their shirts were wet, and they both felt great. It was nice having someone like Terra around sometimes, someone who could keep up. In his mind she wasn't even really a girl- or, at the very least, she was a District 2 girl. He could knock her off her feet or swing at her full force without having to worry about her getting mad at him.

She was just one of the guys.

"Wha..."

A familiar voice caught Kyler's attention, and he turned to see that Kenna had come to join them. A smile formed on his lips at the sight of her, and just as he was about to greet his lovely girlfriend his feet were knocked out from under him. Kyler laid on his back looking up at Terra, who had placed her foot on his chest to pin him down. "I win."

"Whatever," Kyler replied with a chuckle. Terra helped pull him up to his feet, and then looked to Kenna. They had never officially met, but between Breanne and Kyler she felt like she knew the District 12 girl.

"Hey, I'm Terra," she said as she and Kyler approached her. "We were just training a little."

"Can you give us just a moment alone please?"

"Oh," Terra said, slightly surprised. She had thought Kenna would be more... friendly. Nodding, Terra said, "Yeah, yeah, of course. Let me just get my stuff." She quickly gathered all her belongings and then left the room, waving goodbye to Kyler as she went.

The whole time Kyler got a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. He felt like he was in trouble, but he hadn't done anything wrong. Or, at least, he couldn't think of anything? Maybe Coin had a talk with Kenna too about going outside? But, he was so careful not to mention she was with him...

By the time Kenna started speaking to him Kyler's smile had vanished. His eyebrows knit together as her hands went up to her head, and he immediately hovered his arms around her shoulders. He bent over slightly, trying to look at her face. "Kenna," He said softly, worry washing over him. Was she in pain? What was happening?

"Kenna, what's wrong?" He questioned, concern clear both in his voice and on his face. He swallowed hard, trying to remain calm. "Do I need to take you to the nurse?"

[/fieldbox]

tumblr_lmtqewhNdS1qjpzdm.gif

Sleep is never easy for a past victor. That wasn't a secret. However, Breanne had only woken up in a cold sweat and a scream caught in her throat once that night. It was rare, and so Brea was getting the best sleep she had gotten in a long while. Due to her alert nature Breanne was a very slight sleeper, so when someone knocked softly on her door she was immediately wide awake.

The brunette carefully crept out of her bed, trying not to make much noise. Her breathing was calm and even as she silently made way to the door. Along the way, she caught sight of her reflection. She hastily raked her fingers through her thick hair and rubbed her eyes vigorously in an attempt to look less tired.

Slowly, she pulled the door open and peeked outside. It took a moment for her eyes to adjust, but when she saw that it was Maxon who woke her she was thankful she had taken the time to fix her hair some. Sure, he knew what she looked like when she first woke up, but she'd still rather look nice for him.

Before she knew it he was dragging her through empty hallways, clearly excited about something. She wished she could share the same level of excitement with him, but she was still half asleep and more curious about where he could possibly be taking her.

Finally, Maxon came to a half. Brea peered past him to see that he had set them up a picnic. Instantly, she felt a smile growing on her face, brown eyes drifting over everything before flickering to Maxon. She opened her mouth to say something, but he stopped her in her tracks as he dragged her to the blanket. She sat down with his help, tying to imagine that they were in an open field and she was wearing a dress instead of pajamas. Oh how she missed dresses...

"I wrote this song for you."

For reasons she didn't understand, Brea suddenly felt like crying. She placed her hand over her mouth, watching as Maxon began his song. His voice was so beautiful to her, and Brea felt herself smiling wide beneath her hand. Her heart hurt in her chest, but she oddly likely the feeling. As strange as it sounded, she liked the lurch it gave, the feeling of butterflies in her stomach.

As his song came to a close Brea felt tears spill over and run down her cheeks. She quickly wiped them away with the sleeve of her grey shirt, and smiled at him. As soon as Max started to lean over the guitar she leaned too, meeting him halfway and kissing him passionately.

No one, in all of Brea's whole life, had ever made Brea cry tears of joy. Not all her friends who complimented her aim. Not the Capitol people who showered her endlessly with compliments. Not even her family when they hugged her tight when she got home from the games. Only Maxon had the power to do such a beautiful, wonderful thing.

She laughed between the kisses at his comment of not being able to sleep, and also because she felt giddy. "I love you," She replied softly, leaning forward so she could wrap her arms around his neck, pulling herself closer to him. She loved him so much, with all of her heart.

Breanne thought about how perfect he was for her, as if they were quite literally made for each other. She didn't believe in soul mates, but she did believe Maxon was the love of her life. He wrote me a song, She thought, smiling as she scooted her body closer to his. Set this up where no one would see us. Brea ran her fingers through the back of his hair, loving the way it felt. He knows me so well...

Gently, Brea pushed him on his back and took away his guitar, moving it to the side. She moved with him, continuing to kiss him as she crawled over him. After a few more she slowly pulled away, her eyes fluttering open and meeting his. "Just yesterday you said you were bad at writing songs," She whispered, her smile still as wide as ever. After a moment she scrunched her nose and said, "Liar."

Her hands cupped his face as she leaned down for another kiss. She wanted to stay here forever, let everyone else deal with the war. She had her whole world right here with her... why should she risk her life trying to save everyone else's?

[/fieldbox]​

• Love

tumblr_of5lom1AUn1r3ssslo3_540.gif

She was hurting and it baffled her how Kyler couldn't seem to see that. Granted she didn't tell him, she kept what she was feeling to herself and buried it deep down within her. Being one of the four to lead the teams, there was no room for failure or weakness...there was no room for her. She felt bad that she had never even met Terra and yet she easily just dismissed her.

Each of the four were known for their own thing, whether they really knew it or not, but right now Kenna was suffering. It felt as if someone was holding her down underneath the water, drowning her and bringing her back up for air just as she was about to black out. The feeling happened over and over again, barely giving her any room to even breath.

How was this her life? When did this become her life?

The concern coming from Kyler's voice gave her some relief but not much. The relief was soon flooded with negative thoughts. She wasn't fit for this...she couldn't handle this. She wasn't even fit to be a leader...maybe a few months ago but not now. Kenna never slept, she rarely ate now and she was always doubting herself. She felt sick, she constantly wanted to throw up, not to mention she didn't feel strong anymore, both physically and emotionally. She could feel his arms hovering over her shoulders and she so badly wanted to lean into him. But...she wasn't what he needed. Kyler needed someone who was strong, someone who could easily fight against him and keep him from worrying. He needed someone like Terra.

Tears sprung to her eyes at the thought of not being enough, of never being enough. Kyler didn't need her, both Brea and Maxon didn't need her, and District 13 didn't need her. She was too weak to do anything, too weak to be here, too weak to be a leader. That was the problem, she was just too damn weak.

"I can't do this." Her voice cracked and her stomach lurched once more. She felt like throwing up again both from admitting what was on her mind and what she was about to do. Turning her watery blue eyes to Kyler her hand hesitantly stretched out and cupped his face. He was her everything, but she felt as if she was just a burden to him. He needed someone stronger. With who he was and how he was raised, he needed someone who lifted him up, not bring him down. Kenna felt that all she ever did was bring him down, she wasn't good enough for him and he deserved so much better than she could actually give.

She loved him, she loved with him with every fiber of her being. Loving Kyler was part of who she was and that was why she felt she had to give him a chance at finding someone so much better than her. "I love you Kyler Hadley. You know that. I will always love you." Her voice broke. There was so much pain that lay deep within, pain and stress that ate away at her everyday till she was just a hollow shell of who she used to be. Is this what life is supposed to be like? No.

The tears raced down her face at a more consistent rate and Kenna had to take a deep breath just to make sure she was in fact still breathing. "But..." Her eyes met his, taking in his face, burning it into the back of her mind. She wanted to remember his face because she was going to do everything in her power to avoid him the best she could leading up to the actual battle. And should she die in the field, she wanted to die knowing his face. Leaning in she carefully pressed her lips to his. She wanted to remember this too.

Kenna wanted to remember the feeling of his lips against hers, the way they moved against hers and felt like they belonged together. Her heart ached and she was starting to think that it would be better to just rip it out. Pulling herself closer she laced her fingers through his hair one last time, took in the sweet sensation, his scent, the feel of him. This was her last moment. The kiss was needy and desperate as if she hadn't kissed him in years, but this was going to be the last kiss she ever received from the boy of District 2.

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry." Her voice was just above a whisper, there was a small whimper. "You need someone stronger." This was what it was like to truly love someone. To love someone so much that you'd be willing to give them up for a better shot at life with someone else. If there was one thing that Kenna could do right before she probably died in War, this was it.
[/fieldbox]

tumblr_inline_nbfi30j9yg1so30uk.gif

This was all that he needed in life, this was all that he wanted in life. Breanne made him so extremely happy. Maxon himself couldn't even remember the last time that he was this happy, the last time he felt this at peace, the last time he felt this loved. He didn't dare voice it out loud for fear of scaring his girlfriend but he would gladly die for her if it meant that she would live. She didn't see it, but there was so much about her that people loved. Despite her social anxiety, she was perfect, beautiful, friendly and kind. She had a heart of gold and a soul so pure he was almost afraid of tainting it.

A chuckle left his lips when she removed the guitar and pushed him down on his back. His hands immediately went to her hips and he held her closer as if she were going to disappear at any minute. "About war my love. I'm bad at writing songs about war." He managed to get in before she pressed another kiss to his lips.

Maxon slid his hands up her back and carefully threaded them in her hair. His whole world was right here. She anchored him, kept him sane and...she made him forget how to hate himself. "You know. He spoke up softly as he moved his hand to twirl a strand of hair around his finger. "I was always told that you can't love someone without loving yourself first." He spoke softly, gently moving a strand behind her ear and pressing a small kiss to her nose.

"I always thought that was complete and utter bullshit because...I had never loved myself, but you? Oh god." He let out a faint laugh and gave a shake of his head. He took a small pause to gather his feelings and he pressed another soft little kiss to her lips. He loved her and that was never going to change. Maxon didn't believe in fate but if there was such thing as fate, he was thankful for the fact that it brought Brea into his life. "Brea. He shifted a bit so that he was propped up on his elbows and looking deep into her eyes.

There was a look of love in his eyes and a gentleness in every single touch. " I look at you and I realize, I love you." He took a deep breath and his gaze shifted towards the ceiling briefly before he looked back at her and gave her one of those smiles. A smile that was reserved solely for her. It could be easily said that, that smile was the smile he gave to the cameras to charm the pants off of other people but there was something behind the smile he reserved for Brea. There was a touch of something else, something that she and only she would ever get to see.

Maxon's voice dropped an octave lower, a little more husky, a touch of seduction and a whole lot of truth. "I love you so much that I forget what hating myself felt like." This was him basically baring his soul, letting her know how he felt, and the fact that sometimes yes, he still hated himself. In another world, in another time or place, Maxon wanted to think and believe that Brea would be picking out a wedding dress about now and if not a wedding dress then a cute outfit to go on a date. He could take her to a beautiful restaurant, one near the water and far away from prying eyes. Well...the best he could at least.

Should they make it out of the war there are so many things that he wants to do with Brea, take her different places, have a nice dinner with her and his family, so many things. "This might sound ridiculous, but the few times that I'm able to get sleep and have dreams... He trailed off and pursed his lips. "I dream of taking you on dates, and just...relaxing with ease. We don't have to worry about a war or sneaking around." There was a dreamy look in his eyes as he thought about it. One day and hopefully soon they would be able to do that. "I love you Brea. I love you so much and I don't think I can ever say that enough." He pressed another kiss to her lips. He also couldn't get enough of kissing her.

[/fieldbox]​

• Love