Kyler Jones Hadley

It took several minutes of cold water washing over Kyler's overheated body and him repeating, "It was only a dream," for the young man o finally calm down. Once his body ceased it's trembling and he could breath evenly, Kyler turned off the water and exited. As usual, he reached for a towel and once it was secure around his lower half he returned to his room.

Cathy was still missing, but he wasn't surprised about this. If he knew his mom as well as he did, he was sure she was out talking to the 'locals' trying to learn their 'culture.' The thought almost made him laugh, and he could imagine how many odd glances she had already gotten this morning.

After he dressed himself in a dark grey t-shirt and some pants to match, Kyler laced up his combat boot and then sat back down on his bed. Just as he was growing used to his reoccurring nightmare it went and changed itself into something a thousand times worse. Kenna can never know, he decided, this time with finality. If he had been considering sharing his dream with her before, he definitely wasn't anymore. Never.

Running his thick fingers through his hair, Kyler decided that sitting here moping wasn't going to do him any good. He rose to his feet, exiting his bedroom and heading down the dining hall. At the very least, he should get some water and bread in his system, because God only knows what Coin planned at throwing his way today. Not that he minded, as long as he was doing some good he would do anything she asked of him.

Breanne Grace Herman

Several hours passed before Brea's alarm clock went off at 10. She woke up with a start as she always did, bolting up right and taking in a huge gasp of air. Her tiny fists held her sheets, grasping them so hard that her knuckles were white. In an instant she realized it was only her alarm, and her nerves calmed once more.

That is, until she felt him next to her.

Slowly, Brea turned her head towards Maxon, unsurprised that he was already awake. Her cheeks burned, and she offered him a sheepish smile. "Uh, good morning," she whispered, her voice a little hoarse due to her dry throat. "Sorry... that always happens." But, at least she hadn't reached out and hit him, right?

The alarm became increasingly annoying the longer it went off, so Breanne turned around and pressed the 'off' button gently. She then moved her brown hair out of her eyes, not even wanting to think about the mess it must be. She knew Maxon wouldn't comment on it, because he was too kind to her, but she still hoped it didn't bother him.

"How did you sleep?" She asked, laying back down on her back and gazing over at him. His own hair was matted down for the most part, except for one chunk that stuck straight up in the air. Adorable.

Kenna Everdeen

Humming softly, Kenna sat down on the edge of her brother's bed and gently ran her fingers through her hair, a soft smile on her face. So young and he was facing a world of change, this was the reason that Kenna was fighting. She didnt want her brother to live in a world of fear. Fear that he would be reaped or that one day his children may be reaped. She wanted him to live a life of peace, though she had a feeling this war would change him. The things you saw in a war seemed grave, heart breaking, at least that's what her mother and father told her. Standing up, she smoothed out her cloths and walked over the desk, quickly scribbling a small note before leaving the room.

Kenna shoved her hands into the pockets of her outfit, walking down the halls of thirteen and saying hello to a few people here and there. They were all pretty nice people here, with the exception of sum, but Kenna usually avoided those people. Upon entering the cafeteria, she found it fairly empty, there were a few people here and there. She yawned and grabbed a glass of water, finding a place to sit.

Maxon Atlas Odair

Maxon watched as Brea woke with a start and he frowned slightly, propping himself up on his elbow. "Morning." He said softly, moving to wrap his arms around her and pull her close to him. "It's alright." He muttered softly. He saw no reason why she needed to apologize, and he wanted to know why she woke with a start but if she wanted to tell him then she would. So obviously she didnt want to tell him, therefore Maxon wasnt going to push it.

He chuckled softly at her hair, and kissed the top of her head. It was messy but he liked seeing this side of her, any side of her really. The anti-social side, the caring side, the loving side. He loved all of her and wouldnt want to really be with any other girl in the world. Damn, he was lucky. "My sleep was fine." He stated, his sea green eyes looking her up and down as he moved to run a hand through his hair. "How was yours?" He questioned as he rolled out of bed and onto his feet, stifling a small yawn.

He glanced around the room and let out a small sigh. "I should probably head back to my room and get a change of cloths, not to mention shower." He said, stifling yet another yawn and looking over at Brea, giving her a goofy smile. "Thanks for letting me stay the night." He said, leaning down and giving her a quick kiss on the lips.[/fielset]
Maxon Atlas Odair

Kyler Jones Hadley

Since Kyler's living quarters were nearby, it didn't take him long to reach the cafeteria. He didn't even bother wasting a trey, grabbing one bread roll and a water bottle. Don't they ever run out of these things? Kyler wondered to himself as he tore a piece of his bread off and tossed it into his mouth.

After scanning the tables briefly, looking for Maxon, who he usually sat with, or his mother, Kyler realized that neither was anywhere to be seen. Where oh where could Maxon be? He thought, trying to remember if there was a meeting he was supposed to be at. No... he must just be with Breanne.

It was then that Kyler recognized the back of Kenna's head, and he smiled to himself. Even better than Maxon, he thought as he strode over to her table and took a seat across from her. "Morning, Babe," he greeted her with a grin. When she looked up, despite fighting the urge, Kyler's eyes flickered to her throat briefly.

He really just needed the confirmation that his dream was exactly that: A dream. There wasn't even a scratch on her neck. Her throat was never slit. It was just a dream, nothing more. And once his eyes were able to confirm this for him Kyler instantly felt some weight lift off his shoulders. Just a dream.

Breanne Grace Herman

There he goes, Brea thought as she watched Maxon roll out of bed. Always on the move. Upon being asked how she slept, Brea's eyes waver from his slightly. "Good," she lied, forcing herself to yawn so that she wouldn't be caught. I've really got to get better at fibbing, she thought, if I were captured by the capitol they wouldn't even have to torture me for information. All the answers might as well be written on my face.

Brea smiled into the short kiss Maxon pulled her into, and when they broke apart she met his gaze once again. "Okay," she said, nodding slightly. "I should probably shower too... wouldn't want my hair to get greasy." She laughed as if it were a joke, but she was being very serious. Greasy hair was just the worst. She forced herself out of bed, walking him to the door. "I'll see you later," she said as Maxon left.

Once Brea was alone, she took a deep breath. That was... nice, she decided. She liked waking up to Maxon a lot more than she thought she would. She walked over to her closet, grabbed a change of clothes, and then headed straight for the showers. Brea only liked warm showers, but district 13 didn't really have any hot water. Or, if they did, it was always gone by the time she got to the showers.

Still, she waited until the water was as hot as she thought it could get before climbing in.

Kenna Everdeen

Kenna was once again staring off into space as she took small sips of her water, listening to the activity around her as she gazed at a wall before her. So much stuff to do with such little time. So much violence and so many deaths in the world. She though to herself as she took another sip of her water like a robot. A familiar body shape came into view though which pulled her out of her thoughts and she glanced over at Kyler, smiling faintly. "Hey Ky." She said, stifling a small little yawn and running a hand through her hair. She wanted those nights back where she could actually sleep.

I'm already half dead anyway.

Those words ran through her mind and Kenna tensed up a bit, her gaze shooting around the cafeteria, wondering of somehow Cato was magically alive, repeating those words to her, right in her ear. When she saw nothing, she relaxed and let out a long sigh, resting her chin in the palm of her hand and glancing at Kyler. "I heard that Coin wants us to shoot yet another propaganda video." She said, closing her eyes briefly and shaking her head. "How many will this be? ten? twenty?" She muttered softly, thinking about the fact that they would all have to get back into their suits. "I think we have tomorrow off though." Kenna hummed, the words flowing out of her mouth. "That would nice I guess. I could really use some sleep." She said.

Honestly, if anything, Kenna felt even more tired than she did yesterday, and it was easy to tell. She had bags under her eyes that were slightly blue, plus she looked a bit pale, probably from lack of sleep, or the lighting. Either way, Kenna just wanted to sleep. "How was your sleep?" She questioned, glancing at Kyler.

Maxon Atlas Odair

She was lying to him.

It was so easy to tell land not just because Brea was bad at fibbing, but because Maxon knew her. He probably knew her better than she even realized. He didnt call her out on it though, after all there was probably a reason why she didnt want to tell him the truth and he had to respect that. Besides, it's not like he's told her everything either, so he really couldnt call her out on that. Anyway, she would tell him if she wanted to and since she didnt want to, he wasnt going to get into it with. The time would come when she would let him know, then again, maybe not, but either way, he would still support her.

Saying his goodbye, he left her room and headed towards his room where it was already empty. His parents would be away for another day or two, at least he was pretty sure. Besides he was planning on getting a place for himself anyway, for whenever he picked the different missions back up and ended up staying up late, looking over the different plans that he had going on.

He headed to the shower and let the cold water wash over his body. When he was done, he quickly got changed and heard a knock on his door, causing him to frown a bit. Maxon opened up the door, revealing on of the people that he worked with. "President Coin is requesting your presence." They told him and he nodded, running a hand through his wet hair. "Uhm, alright, I'll be right there. I just gotta finished getting ready." He said, watching as the person nodded and left. Heaving a big sigh, he shut the door and continued to get ready, leaving his room and heading towards the office to see Coin, wondering what it could be this time.

Kyler Jones Hadley

"I heard that Coin wants us to shoot yet another propaganda video. How many will this be? ten? twenty?"

Kyler smiled sympathetically towards Kenna, though she wasn't even looking at him. He knew that she hated going out just to shoot some stupid video, but he also knew that propaganda played a huge part in every revolution. If you don't get the people riled up there will never be any change.

"Fine," Kyler lied smoothly, as he had always been able to do. Just a perk of growing up in District 2. "But, I can tell your sleep was anything but." He was glad they had the day off tomorrow. Kenna could finally get some real sleep. He wasn't sure what he wanted to do on his 'day off' yet, but somewhere in his subconscious he knew that he'd find himself in the training room.

"When does Coin want us to be suited up by?" He asked, placing another tear of bread in his mouth. It was bland, as usual, but he was hungry enough that he hardly either noticed. That, and by now he's grown used to it.

Breanne Grace Herman

"Fire away, Fire away," Brea sang to herself in the shower, massaging her scalp. "You shoot me down, but I won't fall. I am Titaniummm." Singing in the shower had always been a habit of Brea's, even when she lived in her home district. She couldn't remember where she had heard all these song before, but she did know they were very old. Perhaps her mother had sang them to her when she was a child? She didn't know.

Once all the warm-ish water was gone, Brea got out of the shower, drying herself and quickly got dressed. She knew it was ridiculous, but she always felt like she was being watched. Maybe it was because the Capitol undoubtedly watched her every move for the past few years, or maybe it was because she didn't truly trust everyone in District 13.

Brea took the time to dry her hair as much as she could with her towel, sighing as it already took on it's naturally curly/wavy state. If there was anything she missed from the capitol it was all of those nifty tools they stylists had that made your hair look amazing. She threw her towel over the toilet, and then went back to her room. A white piece of paper on the floor caught her eye, that she had assumed was slid under her door while she showered. She lifted it up, reading the words that were neatly printed on it:

Propaganda shooting today. You'll need to suit up.
-Coin.

"Great," she said to herself, crumping up the paper and tossing it into her wastebasket.

Kenna Everdeen

Kenna smiled faintly when he mentioned that her sleep was anything but fine and she let a small yawn slip past her lips. "I'm not sure, I think sometime soon." She said, glancing over and noticing someone walking towards them. "Or now." She muttered under her breath as the person stopped by their table and greeted them.

"President Coin would like to see you once you're suited up."

And with that they left. Kenna watched as they left, her eyes lingering on the exit before she turned to look back at Kyler and stood up, holding out her hand. "Well? Ready to go get this over with?" She questioned, giving him a small smile.

Maxon Atlas Odair

Maxon was suited up and ready to go, now he was just waiting in the office, rubbing his hands together. He sighed as he glanced at President coin and then looked back down at the table, looking around the area once more. This lady put him on edge. He wasnt really sure why, but she just did. Whenever she was around, Maxon could seriously feel himself straighten his back and all expressions that were previously on his face were gone. That was the kind of effect that she had on him.

The young male didn't say a word, instead he waited for the other three to come, breathing a sigh of relief when they finally arrived. "I wanted to talk to you about pressing matters." Coin began and Maxon immediately looked back at her, hoping that everything was alright with his parents.

"We are starting to gain numbers, but with gaining numbers grows more risk. But we cannot let that stop us. We will be filming another video to rally the other districts and help keep the spirits of the ones that already in alliance with us, strong. " Coin said and Maxon breathed a sigh of relief, knowing that his parents were fine.

Kyler Jones Hadley

It was no surprise that Preisdent Coin sent somebody to fetch him and Kenna, he was almost surprised there wasn't a note in his room when he woke up. While the messenger left Kyler shoved the rest of his bread into his mouth, and downed his water bottle. Only when Kenna offered out her hand di he look up to her, a smile forming on his lips. "As ready as I'll ever be."

He took her hand and followed her out, placing his trey on the dirty stack as they went. Kyler was always sure to clean up after himself, because he didn't want the District 13 residents to think he thought of himself as 'high and mighty' because he was a face of the rebellion. The last thing they needed was conflict within their side of the rebellion.

When the time came, Kyler parted with Kenna, giving her a kiss on the cheek. He then went into the room where his battle suit was stored, almost sighing as he remembered he had the stupid thing on just yesterday. If it wasn't so heavy, Kyler thought grumpily as he laced up his boots, I might even like it.

He then went to the meeting room, surprised that both Maxon and Breanne beat him there. Sometimes Maxon beat him, but this was the first time Brea hadn't been the last to arrive. He went to sit down at the table, leaving a chair between himself and Brea, so that Kenna could take that seat. Kenna joined them shortly, and, as usual, Coin wasted no time to get started:

"We are starting to gain numbers, but with gaining numbers grows more risk. But we cannot let that stop us. We will be filming another video to rally the other districts and help keep the spirits of the ones that already in alliance with us, strong."

"Which Districts do we already have?" Kyler asked curiously. It felt like they'd made a thousand propaganda videos with little effect caused by them.

Breanne Grace Herman

Instead of dilly-dallying, as she usually would have done, Brea decided to go get ready right away. Maybe if she didn't waste anyone's time they'd get done earlier today. She seriously doubted it, but a girl could dream, couldn't she?

Breanne's suit greatly resembled Katniss's war-suit during her own revolution, with a few minor alterations. It had dark purple highlights throughout the stitching, which Brea believed was to help people tell the difference between her and Kenna from the back, should something happen. It was also much more armored and had more secret compartments for small weapons. Personally, she liked it much more than the one you could see Katniss wearing in her propaganda videos.

Getting dressed hadn't taken Brea nearly as long as she hoped it would, and before she knew it she was entering the meeting room. Her surprise at its emptiness was apparent in the way her steps faltered upon entrance, but she quickly recollected herself. As usual, Brea took her seat beside Maxon at the table. Smoothly, she reached for his hand under the table, a sly smile forming on her lips.

It wasn't long before Kyler joined them, and then Kenna. Once everyone was seated Coin began, and when Kyler asked who was on their side Brea replied, "As expected, one through four has sided with the Capitol. We have seven, eight, nine and eleven, leaving five, six and ten neutral." It had become a sort of hobby for Brea to memorize the position of all the districts, since she had nothing better to to while the others were away.

Kenna Everdeen

When they reached the intersection, Kenna didnt even want to let go of Kyler's hand. She smiled faintly when he kissed her on the cheek and she watched him go, his figure disappearing before she herself turned to go get ready in her own room. Honestly, she was so tired of this and wanted a little break, which hopefully she'd receive tomorrow, but all of this was starting to take a toll on her. And for a second, she wondered how her mother coped with all of this. She walked into her room and walked over to her closet, putting on her battle suit. This was such a hassle, it was heavy and not to mention got way too hot, but whatever. When she was done, she headed to the meeting room and sat down, resting her chin in the palm of her hand and listening as President Coin talked.

"That's exactly right Brea. And we want to sway those neutral districts before we move on to try and gain those that want to side with the capital. We have to show them that siding with us will bring a brighter and much greater future, one where people don't have to live in fear." Coin spoke.

Kenna pursed her lips and leaned back in her chair. "So what is this video about? Cause I'm pretty sure that the other Districts are tired of seeing the same rubble and burnt down districts that have fallen due to rebelling against the Capital." She spoke up, considering the fact that they've aired about three of those already. "You're right, which is why I was thinking we'd maybe used loved ones in this. It'll show the parents of those districts that by siding with us, there will be new light. They will not have to fear for their children's lives."

"Will that really work?" Kenna asked, frowning slightly, and glancing around the room, wondering if her younger brother was somewhere in the room. Besides, using loved ones, how would this go? Would they make a propaganda of what the future could be? That seemed ridiculous and too hopeful.

Maxon Atlas Odair

It was easy enough to say that this whole using loved ones idea was lost on Maxon. How were they going to do that. "I will admit, using loved ones may hit home, but that's still risky. But Kenna's also right. We've aired about three videos of the same videos that show the rubble of those districts that were bombed and destroyed, how long can that really work? I'm sure the other districts are getting tired of that, the effect of it is slowly wearing off." He said, running a hand through his hair and frowning slightly. Why did this seem so tough.

"You just simply have to show those neutral districts that joining us is better for them and will bring them more of a peace of mind." Coin said, glancing at the four of them and Maxon let out a long sigh, running a hand over his tired eyes as he thought about it. "Alright, but how do we do that? Katniss obviously got through to them once when she sung that Hanging Tree song. But that's not at all original and I doubt that it would have as big of an impact a second time around." Maxon said, his sea green eyes glancing around the table and his friends, wanting to get this done and over with so he could probably spend more time with Brea.

geez I thought I replied to this. I'm so sorry.

OOC: No worries man ♥

[fieldbox=Kyler Jones Hadley, #cc0014, solid]

Kyler bit his lower lip, already knowing that this meant Coin was gong to ask his mother to participate in the video. So that's why she agreed into getting her out so quickly... He shook his head. His mother wouldn't agree to that. Not with how greatly all of District 2 would be punished because of her escape. There was just no way.

But when Maxon suggested any ideas, he did speak up. "Maybe we video tape the families around here, show that they're happier because they are free of the capitols ruling, ya know?" As soon as he said it he realized that may not be something Coin liked, flashing around innocent families like that.

But, in times of war, sacrifices had to be made.

Kyler leaned back in his seat, getting comfy. He hated it, but these meetings usually lasted a while, especially when it was open like this. He was sure that they would be sitting here at least until lunch time, and then after a quick meal they'd all be ushered off to work. He tapped his foot a little, already getting restless.

[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox=Breanne Grace Herman, #8100d1, solid]

She knew that it was probably all in her head, but Brea hated the way President Coin spoke to her. It made her feel small. 'That's exactly right Brea', she repeated in her own mind, resisting the urge to roll her eyes. She acts like I don't know a damn thing. Her attention was caught when Coin mentioned loved ones...the only 'loved one' she still had was Maxon, and there was no way she was about to allow someone film her with him for war propaganda. They were crazier than she thought if they really believed she'd allow them to turn her love for him into something like that.

One glance at Maxon told Brea that he was not fond of the idea either. But, she knew he was probably thinking about his parents, not her. She averted her eyes when he asked about any ideas, because she didn't have any. Apparently, Kyler did... but Brea didn't like that one either. She doubted she'd like any of the idea's that were spewed out.

Honestly, she was tired, she wanted the war to be over. Win or loose, she just wanted to stop fighting. Since she had nothing to contribute to the conversation, Brea folded her arms on the table in front of her, and rested her head on them. Doesn't even matter if I'm here, Brea thought, I'll do whatever they tell me to do anyways. Like a good little soldier.

[/fieldbox]​

Kenna Gray Everdeen

"And risk the lives of the innocents? By showing the families faces, we're putting them at risk Mr. Hadley." President Coin spoke sharply. "We cant risk that. President Snow would go to any lengths to shut this rebellion down, even bombing us over and over again." Kenna wasnt sure what it was, but President Coin was really on her nerves today.

"So what?!" Kenna spoke up. "Are you saying that you want us to risk our families lives instead of the innocent civilians?" She questioned, and ran a hand through her hair. "Look, dont get me wrong, the lives of the people that live here are important. But so are the lives of the ones that we love! Dont you think about the consequences that they can face if we show their faces?"

"You four are the faces of the rebellion, your family is already in danger." Coin responded coldly, shooting Kenna a glare and she slammed her hands down on the cold table.

"Dont you think I dont know that?!" She questioned, trying to keep her voice level and under control. "Sacrifices must be made." Coin stated indifferently. "Bull crap! If sacrifices must be made then use those innocent civilians! They know just as well as anyone else does the risks of the rebellion and they are prepared to die!" Kenna argued, though she knew that it wasnt an option. Kenna wasnt even sure if she wanted them to show the faces of the innocent. It just made her angry that Coin was more willing to use their family members and put them at risk then the others. "Either way, I can tell you dont want to use the civilians down here and I'm pretty sure none of us want our families to be used, so find another way." She gritted out as she sat back down and crossed her arms, clearly pissed off.

Now she had headache and was ready to just go home and give up. "I think...I may have an idea actually." Maxon spoke up and Kenna glanced up at the male with the sea green eyes, before she diverted her gaze back to the metal table.

Maxon Atlas Odair

Maxon watched with wide eyes as Kenna actually dared go up against President Coin and she was certainly pissed. She was clearly more than just ticked off, probably tired and a few other things. He wondered how much she actually slept, then again he really had no room to talk since he rarely slept as well. Except for the fact that Maxon had grown used to it, way back to his first games. He was kept awake by nightmares and his other half getting out at the time. He bit his lower lip and leaned back in his chair, realizing that his friend did have a point. He also came to realize that Kenna had a strong moral sense of value and for a second he wondered if that's one of the few things that Kyler had fallen in love with. Even though his family knew what they were up against and that they were the faces of the rebellion, putting their family even more at risk, Coin seemed to have no care. He knew that there had to be sacrifices and yeay it was kind of bad to use the innocent workers down here, but she didnt have a single care whether or not their families were going to be okay.

After awhile, silence began to settle in, thick and heavy, almost as if it could be sliced by a knife. Maxon cleared his throat and raised his hand. "I think I may have an idea that's kind of different..." He said as he shifted a bit in his seat.

"So we know that District 12 and 11 have both been blown up, right?" He questioned, luckily more people had gotten out this time, which added more to the cause. "Why dont we ask for volunteers from the people down here, and half of us go to District 11 and half of us go to 12. I mean we wont take that many people, probably the film crew and then at least three or four people from here. They could be soldiers dressed as regular district members and stuff like that." He explained. "And I was thinking that this would be drawn out a bit, but we both go to the different districts, film what had happened, sing that song...uhm..Hanging Tree? You know, bring that back to life, bring it back into focus and the camera could pan around the rubble and everything." Maxon said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"And then uhm...well we'd be singing it and as the camera moves around the rubble, follows us, sees our reactions, we could join hands and find a way to connect the two films so it looks like we're united even though we're in different districts. And uhm...yeay." Maxon finished, biting his lower lip and taking a deep breath.

When Kenna began to get upset, Kyler's whole demeanor changed. He leaned forward again, ready to get up at a moments notice if he needed to. If things got too heated he would take her from the room to cool off. Luckily, Maxon choose to speak up. Slowly, Kyler reached out to grab Kenna's hand, looking up into her eyes. He hated to see her so heated, so angry. It made him angry.

He didn't really listen to Maxon's idea, because he was paying too much attention to Kenna, but he was sure that it was a good one. Maxon always had great ideas, he was very good at that. It was actually one of the only things he envied about Maxon. And, it took a lot for Kyler Hadley to envy you.

When Brea began to speak he decided it would probably be a good idea to at least pretend like he was listening. Kyler turned his head away from Kenna, but still held her soft hand in his rough one. Volunteers? He wondered, almost laughing out loud. Yeah, right, like we'll get any of those. Most of the people in this district are damn cowards.

Deep down, Kyler knew he was being tough on the families of District 13. He was raised to be a soldier, they were raised to hide underground. Still, he could seem to think of any of them as brave, except for the select few who always volunteered to go on missions. But those were individuals, not whole families.

[/fieldbox]

"And uhm...yeay."

A smile spread across Breanne's lips. Always so awkward, she thought fondly, Even when you're spewing out brilliant ideas. She took a deep breath and raised her head slightly, so that her chin rested on her forearms. "I like that idea," she said to Maxon. It seemed like she always spoke directly to Maxon, Kenna, or Kyler when she was at these meetings, because no one else really cared about what she had to say.

"But, Hanging tree has already been done," she added hesitantly. She hoped she wasn't hurting Maxon's feeling. "Maybe we should find a different song for everyone to sing. If we keep throwing the same things over and over at the Capitol, we'll damn ourselves to failing like we did before."

She bit her lip, eyes flickering to Coin briefly. She wasn't supposed to swear at these meetings, and Coin had talked to her about it several times before. It was jut how she talked, really, and Brea didn't know how to turn it off. She wished she did though.

"But, other than that, I really like your idea, Max..on. All we really need now is to get people to sign up for the cause." She was talking like that was the plan they'd go with because she really didn't think they could come up with something better. Not even if they spent all day sitting at this table and sharing ideas.

[/fieldbox]​

Kenna Gray Everdeen

Kenna wasnt even sure why she was so upset, but there was just something about President Coin that rubbed her the wrong way. She glared at the metallic table, gritting her teeth together, listening as Maxon spoke up, but to he honest, she was a little too upset to even be listening at the moment. She glanced over at Kyler when he reached out to grab her hand, her blue eyes looking into his own and immediately every tense muscle in Kenna's body relaxed and she squeezed his hand gently, thankful to have someone as loving as him by her side. She had no idea what she would do or where she would be with out him. 'I love you.' She mouthed.

She glanced over at Maxon, feeling his rough and calloused hands on hers and the comfort and security washed over her like a tidal wave. Volunteers, huh? She knew Trey, would volunteer that was for sure, once there was news, he'd run up to either one of them and beg and plead. Then she was sure that the majority of those that offered up their lives would be soldiers, the people who were trained to protect others, but who knew, maybe there would be some regular people that wanted to join, show the neutral districts the hope that they had.

"Brea's right." Kenna spoke up when she mentioned the Hanging Tree song and she pursed her lips. "We'll either have to find a new song or create one." She commented, maybe she could ask her mother about other songs, and if not they could create one, but coming up with songs isnt that easy.

"Alright then, you'll have tomorrow off. And the day after tomorrow we'll start recruitment and then we will start filming." President Coin said, her voice cold and stoic as usual. Kenna had to resist shooting the President and ugly glare.

Maxon Atlas Odair

Maxon blushed faintly when Brea mentioned that he liked the idea and he felt butterflies start to swarm inside his stomach, glad that she approved. Though he did feel kind of stupid for bringing up a past song, but she was right. "Yeay, I see your point." He said, leaning back in his chair and pursing his lips. They would have to come up with a completely new song that could unite so many people. "Coming up with a different song is going to be no easy feat though, to be honest." He said, rubbing the back of his neck, glancing over at Coin who said that the idea was a go.

The young male, for once felt thankful, that this didnt take all day. But her voice was ice cold and the look on her face was not pleasant. He chuckled faintly when Brea called him Max and quickly added an on at the end of his name, nodding his head. "I'm sure they'll be people that want to volunteer. If they're soldiers, we'll want them to dress up as regular district people, I think that would appeal more to the neutral Districts." He said, letting out a long sigh.

"We can plan preparations. Since we are not starting filming right away, you are free to go, but I must attend to other things." Coin said before she left and Maxon let out a long sigh of relief once she was out the door. To be honest, this was probably one of the easiest but at the same time, frustrating meetings of all time.

• Love
Reactions: Brea

tumblr_inline_mkn29g6lXk1qz4rgp.gif

Relieved that the meeting was already over, Kyler was to his feet before Coin had even left the room. His hands still held Kenna's and he looked around at the other people in the room. District 13 residents. How could people follow Coin so blindly? He wondered, squinting at each of them in turn. Can't they see she's up to more that she let's off. Or, are they in on it too?

Kyler was only being suspicious, he knew that. But he had to be suspicious of everyone who intended to be in charge of Panem, or any kind of District for that matter. Perhaps if people had been more suspicious of Snow he wouldn't have been put in charge. Kyler's gaze was pulled away from them when Brea decided to speak up:

"I think that was the shortest meeting we've ever had."

A chuckle escaped Kyler, his eyes rolling. "Thanks Captain-Obvious." He only laughed once more as the shorter girl stuck her tongue out at him, shaking his head as he looked back down at Kenna. "Come on," he said, tugging on her hand gently. "I don't want to stay in this room longer than I need to. Especially with," he nodded his head over to the other people at the table, "them."
tumblr_inline_mkn4ydBOXS1qz4rgp.gif

Despite how stupid it was, or how much Kyler could regret it later, he never made any effort to hide his dislike towards the people of District 13. The way he saw things was, they've been hiding in the ground like Meerkats while the rest of their country had been sacrificing 24 children a year. They had the man power to do something so much sooner, they could have saved so many people.

His brother included.

Himself included.

It almost made Kyler laugh the way the District 13 soldiers began to file out of the room, muttering about his rudeness. It wasn't like he hadn't heard all of their insults by now. There were only so many 'District 2' jokes they could make. 'Capitol's lap dog,' and 'Ignorant blonde' were his personal favorites.

[/fieldbox]

tumblr_inline_ni0napK8en1szaa83.gif

It always made Breanne feel good about herself when her friends agreed with her. Especially when it was Kenna, whom Brea believed to be the smartest of all her friends. Wonder what song they'll come up with, Brea thought, realizing that the four of them probably wouldn't have a say in it. Figures. They need us to do all the dangerous shit and put our faces all over TV screens, but we don't get to decide the messages we're delivering. We're just props.

Her brown eyes flickered up to Maxon as he leaned back, lips pursing. Hope I didn't hurt his feelings... That was another reason Breanne usually kept her mouth shut during these meetings. She never wanted to shoot down anyone's idea, because she knew how that felt. She hated to make people feel bad. She nodded in agreement when Maxon brought up that the volunteers should be dressed as civilians. That sends a better message than soldiers. It shows normal people can be brave too.

A smile crossed Brea's features when Maxon groaned out, obviously relieved to be away from Coin. She couldn't blame him, but as her gaze shifted to the other important people at the table, people who grew up under Coin's rule, Brea couldn't help but wonder if he couldn't have waited. She thought it unwise to express disgust of someone in the presence of people who adore the same person.

She stood then, shaking her brown hair from her face. Her arms stretched out before her briefly, before falling lazily to her sides. "I think that was the shortest meeting we've ever had," Brea commented.

"Thanks Captain-Obvious."

Brea looked over to Kyler, sticking her tongue out at him. It was rather comical how the barbaric male believed himself to be witty. Brea suspected it was just a side-effect of being born in District 2, which is why she had never informed him that he was, in fact, not witty. She turned to Maxon once more, smiling. "Wanna go hang out?"
[/fieldbox]​

• Love
Reactions: Stargazer
Kenna Gray Everdeen

The tension in Kenna's body flooded out of her the minute that Coin had left and she glanced at the other District 13 members that still lingered. She could hear them whisper about the new idea, chat about their plans, stuff that she truly didnt care about. Sure, Kenna took a bit more of a liking to the people of 13 than her boyfriend did, but at the same time she was still on her guard. Though she felt like it was easier for her to connect to them because she knew the hardships, 12 and 13 were both the poorest districts. However, at the same time, she hated how they bad mouthed Kyler. What did they know about him? Nothing. All they knew was that he came from District two, was born and raised to enter into the games and win, show no emotion and make weapons for the capital. The people of 13 didnt see his soft side, it's not like they even gave him a chance to prove himself, or show that he truly was a good person and that pissed her off.
Kenna Gray Everdeen
"Yeay, I'd like to change out of these cloths." Kenna said, glancing down at the battle suit that she had put on, thinking that they would originally be going out in the field but instead they sat in a room and argued with President Coin. That's exactly how Kenna likes to send her time. Sometimes none of this even seemed real, the fact that they were rebelling once more and hopefully this one could be a success. But it still scared her, knowing that it could fail and they once again could lose everything. A small shiver raced down her spine at the thought, the thought of losing everything she loved, knew, cared about, it was all so scary and hard to admit.

"Do you think there is a chance of succeeding?" The young female spoke up softly, speaking those words only so that Kyler could hear. "Do you think we have a chance?"

Snow had everything on his side, weapons, armory, soldiers to fight and die for him. Looking at it on a more pessimistic side, losing seemed inevitable. Looking at it from a less pessimistic side, winning seemed so slim that it was kind of hard to believe that they were even risking it.

Maxon Atlas Odair

Standing up, Maxon ran a hand through his hair and chuckled when Brea stuck out his tongue after Kyler had thanked her for pointing out the obvious. In dark times like these Maxon was thankful that he had friends that could lighten the mood ever so slightly and make him feel better, even if it was just for a short amount of time.

"Sure, hanging out sounds good." He said as he took her hand and gave a gentle squeeze, walking out of the room. "First we should probably change out of battle gear." Maxon glanced down at his uniform and chuckled faintly, shaking his head. As they walked back to their rooms, Maxon couldn't help but let his mind wander towards ideas for songs. He frowned slightly as he thought about it. It had to be hard hitting, something that was also easy to catch on and spread like wildfire, but what would be good enough?

"Do you have any ideas for the song?" He questioned, his sea green eyes moving to look at Brea and the taller male ran a hand through his hand, letting out a long sigh. So much for taking a break from work. "It has to be like The Hanging Tree song, inspiring, powerful, strong yet simple." The young male listed off different things he thought about the song and he let out a small groan, shaking his head. It was so hard to come up with something. Then again he wasnt really a song writer so of course it was hard. "There has to be some type of song that can work, right?" He questioned to himself getting lost in his own thoughts.

Last edited:

tumblr_mms0abPk3k1ro8niuo1_250.gif

With Kenna's armored hand in his own, Kyler exited the meeting room. What a waste of putting this damn thing on, he thought bitterly, They really should tell us when we will and won't need them. It's such a hassle to get this off. His attention was drawn to Kenna as she asked him a question. He hadn't been listening to her, so he was grateful that she repeated her question.

He contemplated his answer for a few beats before saying anything. On the one hand, President Snow had everything he needed to beat them three times over at his fingertips. But, on the other hand, he was completely unaware of what District Thirteen had prepared for the final battle, and some of his own peacekeepers could turn on him at any second. Inhaling deeply, Kyler looked down to Kenna and smiled.

"Some really adorable chick once told me that the most important thing in this world," Kyler began, stopping outside the room of which he'd change out of his war suit, "is hope. As long as we have that, I don't see how we could possibly loose."

With a wink and a kiss on Kenna's forehead, Kyler turned and went into his changing room. Several minutes of grunting, cursing and tugging later, Kyler emerged from the room dressed in the plain grey clothing that was provided to him by District 13. As usual, he had beaten Kenna in changing, so he patiently leaned against the wall to wait for her to meet him in the hallway once again. He whistled a random tune, closing his eyes and tilting his head back.
[/fieldbox]

large.gif
Breanne's brown eyes briefly flickered down to her war suit, a playful smile forming on her lips. "What's the matter?" She questioned, looking back to Maxon and placing her hands on her hips. "You don't think I look good in this thing? Can't wait for me to get out of it?" She stared at him for a long moment before giggling, indicating that she was only teasing him. She left the meeting room with him, the two finding the same pace easily.

It was the little things like walking at the same pace that assured Brea they were truly meant to be together. So easily they fell into each other's rhythm. Their thoughts were almost always in sync, sometimes one of them knew what the other was thinking before the other had even thought it. For instance, Brea knew long before Maxon brought it up that he was going to ask her for suggestions on their new song.

However, despite knowing that the question was coming, she hadn't prepared an answer for it. Instead, she shrugged her shoulders and said, "I dunno, I don't think a song of inspiration is something that can be forced." She tilted her head upward to look at her taller boyfriend's face. "I think we'll need to do our research, especially if we're going to write the song. If we're going to do this, it has to be true, ya know? We can't just half ass it or else no one is gonna want to answer the call for action."

By then they had reached Brea's living quarters, where she had decided she was going to start keeping her war suit. She opened the door for them, immediately disappearing into her small closet. It was an even tighter fit for her with the suit on, but she eventually managed to get it off. Once she changed into normal clothing she exited the closet, turning around to hang the suit up. Once she was finally finished, she turned back to Maxon with a smile, using both of her hands to pull her long hair out from under her grey t-shirt.
[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: Stargazer

[fieldbox=Kenna Gray Everdeen, #43B7BA, solid]

tumblr_np42icMfMM1rzc0hlo2_250.gif
Silence took over the two, not that Kenna was honestly that worried. Their relationship consisted of reassurance, hand holding, silent I love yous and of course perfect silence. She never once felt awkward around him and found comfort and solace in holding his hand. She glanced over at the male, watching as he seemed to contemplate his answer, which in turn made her nervous but she was sure he was going to have a good answer, whether it was good or bad. He always found a way to give her the bad news in a delicate way, if he ever needed, and the good news, well of course that always made her happy to hear.

His words made a small blush appear on her cheeks, he always did have a way with words, and reassurance immediately took over the worry that Kenna harbored. "Right, hope." She muttered softly, gazing up at Kyler when they stopped outside his room.

tumblr_nphud9G4DW1rsh4mao5_250.gif

With a wink and a kiss on her forehead, Kyler headed into his room and she watched him, a goofy little smile on her face. Kenna let out a content sigh and headed towards her room, skipping a few steps like a happy little school girl who just found out that her crushed like her back. To be honest, despite the circumstances, Kyler still made Kenna's heart skip a beat, made her feel butterflies in her stomach and she felt bad to have such feelings, but it was the one highlight in her life right now. it gave her something to look forward to.

Running a hand through her hair, Kenna headed towards her room, getting changed into the regular cloths of District 13. Running a quick come through her hair, she left the room, seeing a familiar figure in the distance. Suppressing the smile, Kenna calmed her beating heart, and headed towards the male, wondering if his ever got racing when she was around him. Probably not, since he's a very good looking guy and probably had a bunch of girls that fawned over him back at District two. At the thoughts, Kenna felt a twinge of jealousy and she shook her head, trying to clear her mind before she met up with Kyler. "You comfortable Mr. Hadley?"Kenna asked jokingly in the most serious voice she could muster.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Maxon Atlas Odair, #150567, solid]

tumblr_inline_n8dtslIbqN1s1lrn6.gif
Maxon's eyes widened and he began to shake his head, worried that he had offended Brea, knowing that, that was the last thing he ever wanted to do. Though when she started to giggle, he let out a relieved sigh and ran a hand through his hair, chuckling faintly. Awkward laughter, nervous smiles and sweaty palms, that is what mostly reminded Maxon that their relationship was real, cute in an interesting way and something that he treasured with his heart. They just seemed to click an understanding was formed the minute they met, at least that's the way that Maxon felt, but at the time he was so worried about snapping and taking it out on the one who meant the most to him that he pushed her away.

He ignored his feelings for Brea, afraid that she wouldn't accept him or his dark side, or that she would and he would just end up hurting her. But he found that he was wrong, he needed her in his life to help anchor him to the world, help control his darker urges. Worry ate away at Maxon as he tried to figure out the song, hoping that Brea would know what to say and though it sounded cheesy, she always did. She managed to calm him down, get the tension in his body to release and at the end of the day, just relax.

Without her, Maxon probably would have gone on more and more dangerous missions, or who knows, he would have died back in the games, not making it to see this day. "Yeay...yeay, you're right." He agreed, smiling ever so faintly as he leaned down and gave her a small kiss on her forehead, letting out a content sigh.

Once they reached Brea's living quarters, he followed her inside, watching as she disappeared into her small closet. He tilted his head to the side, wondering how she managed to change in such a tiny little space, while Maxon couldn't even fit into it, he'd probably break it. The male waited patiently, glancing around the room, stifling a small yawn and looking over at Brea as she came back out, a natural smile gracing his features. She was beautiful and she was his for the time being, and damn Maxon was a lucky guy to have such a wonderful human being to call his. "My beautiful girl." He whispered softly as he moved closer towards her and bent down, giving her a quick peck on the lips.
[/fieldbox]​

Last edited:

tumblr_inline_mkn4yx3HQl1qz4rgp.gif

As soon as Kenna emerged from her changing room Kyler saw her, a smile growing on his lips. He saw her almost every day, but somehow she still managed to brighten his mood whenever she came around. That's how he knew he'd always love her, because she was always his light at the end of the tunnel.

Kyler pushed himself off the wall, allowing his arms to fall to his side. He chuckled briefly at her question, before assuming an equally serious face and replying, "Actually, Ms. Everdeen, I do have a complaint about these clothes. They make my butt look huge, wouldn't you agree?" He turned around so his back was faced to her, but twisted so he could still see her face.

While he waited for Kenna to react, Kyler studied her features. She was beautiful, of course. She'd always be beautiful to him. But Kyler could see the toll the war was taking on her. She was exhausted and stressed. That's why he tried to make her laugh as often as possible, she needed some happiness in her life. Otherwise she would change, and then she wouldn't be the person he loved anymore.

And Kyler never wanted Kenna to change. To him, she was as close to perfect as it got.

[/fieldbox]

Somehow, Maxon still managed to sent Breanne's heart racing. He still caused her breath to hitch, her heart to skip beats. Her face turned bright red, but because they were alone and because she was so comfortable around him she hardly noticed. After he pecked her lips she stared up at the taller male for a few seconds before wrapping her arms around his body, her head resting against his armored chest.

"I love you," she whispered to him, hugging him as tight as she could, though she knew he wouldn't be able to feel it through his suit. She wished she had the courage to tell him how important he was to her, how happy just his smile made her. She wished he understood how safe she felt when he was near her, and how lost she'd be without him.

But, whenever Brea tried to tell him any of those things, her voice caught in her throat. She always hesitated. It was silly, but she was still afraid of coming off too strong and scaring him away. And, if she scared him away she didn't know what she would possibly do with herself. She'd be a damn mess, she knew that.

After nearly a minute, Brea stepped away from him, grinning wide. "Come on," she said, poking his chest plate on his war suit. "Let's you get out of that thing, I imagine it's gotta be a thousand degree's in there."

[/fieldbox]​

Last edited:

[fieldbox=Kenna Gray Everdeen, #43B7BA, solid]

tumblr_np42icMfMM1rzc0hlo2_250.gif

Kyler was a weird guy, but he was her weird guy and she had somehow fallen in love with the male. She laughed faintly when he commented that the cloths he was currently wearing made his butt look big. She shook with laughter, a nice change of pace. It was funny to see Kyler, a boy from district two and took everything seriously, messing around. That's why she loved him, he seemed to understand her better than she understood herself. Kenna moved to give him a light hit on the arm, shaking her head; but none the less she did a once over and nodded her head.

"I don't know what you're talking about Mr. Hadley, but I think it makes your butt look wonderful." She joked, but in actuality he really did look good in it. Kenna was pretty sure that Kyler could wear a trash bag and still make that work; the male was just a good looking guy over all and despite the fact that he was form District two and most people down here gave him dirty looks, she still caught a few girls here and there swooning over him.

tumblr_nphud9G4DW1rsh4mao5_250.gif
However she was the lucky one; she was able to call him hers. Smiling softly, Kenna ran a hand through her hair and glanced around the hall before he blue hues returned to his. "So, we have all this free time, what would you like to do?" She questioned him, the words free time seeming like a foreign word to her since she rarely got to say those two simple words. It was nice though, to finally be able to relax, even if it is only for a day. "Oh but, wait I didnt get to ask you. Mr. Hadley how does this suit make my butt look? If you think that suit makes your butt look big, then it must make mine look huge." She commented, her eyes crinkling just a bit as she smiled, feeling her mood lighten.

Their relationship was a little strange at times, but to Kenna, it was absolutely perfect. And she loved Kyler...and that's all that mattered. [/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Maxon Atlas Odair, #150567, solid]

tumblr_inline_n8dtslIbqN1s1lrn6.gif

"I love you more." Maxon whispered, her voice just loud enough for Brea to hear. And as it should be. Those simple words were only meant for her ears, to fall upon her ears alone. The taller male wrapped his arms around her, hugging her gently and kissing the top of her head. His whole world stood before him, and honestly it was cheesy but Brea gave him something to live for. He loved his parents, he truly did and since he was young, Maxon dreamed of finding the person that he could love one day, lie his parents loved each other. One that he could hold close to his body, wipe away their tears, someone to protect. And he found that person in Brea. He looked at her and he was home, she was his home, he would always return back to her.

"It's only a thousand degrees in this thing cause I'm wearing." He joked, instantly blushing bright red. He was that kind of dork, using goofy pick up lines or saying something stupid only to realize that it was stupid and then blushing bright red. "Uhm, but yeay...it's really hot." He said, chuckling a bit as his hand moved to hold Brea's. "And once I get changed out of this, we can go do something fun maybe, or at least hang out." He said, a light smile on his face.

No more missions, that's what Maxon had secretly promised himself as well as Brea. At least for now. He had made it a duty to take a break, regain some energy and just take it easy. And it was kind of hard, since he was so used to being out in the field, running around, issuing orders, and now to simply be taking it easy; well it was different. Though it wasn't something he hated, he was able to spend more time with Brea, he didnt have to worry about not coming back after a certain mission. Maxon could easily just stay here with her, cuddle, hold hands, do what they wanted for now and he was okay with that.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:

tumblr_inline_mkn4yx3HQl1qz4rgp.gif

A chuckle was the only response Kyler gave when Kenna playfully hit him on the arm. For a moment he wasn't sure she would play along, but then she called his ass wonderful. Which, of course, only made him laugh harder. Still shaking with laughter, Kyler considered what they could do in their 'free time.' While he wouldn't mind some more free time, whenever he ended up having any he always realized the same thing:

There is nothing to do in District 13.

Back at home, in District 2, Kyler always had something to do. He could sharpen his weapons, spar with a peer, lift some weights. He could even go swimming in the lake, or go down to the market and walk around. He could race other Hunger Games trainees, help his mother carry stuff around their town, hit on other girls. When Kyler thought about all the years he spent in District 2 he can't recall a single time he didn't have something to do.

Which only made District 13 that much worse. Sure, he could always go down to the training room, but after training all his life even that got boring. Kyler was temporarily distracted as Kenna twisted to ask him about her own ass, and again he found himself laughing. Playfully, he reached out and gave her butt a light little smack. "Oh, you have nothing to worry about, Ms. Everdeen," Kyler assured her, sending a wink her way. "Your butt looks perfect."

Kyler then reached for Kenna's hand, and began walking down the hallway. He still had no idea what he wanted to do. Maybe Kenna will think of something...
[/fieldbox]

Maxon: "It's only a thousand degrees in this thing cause I'm wearing."

Breanne couldn't disagree. Maxon was one handsome devil, whether he was aware of it or not. She was sure he must be, he was always receiving looks from other girls. Brea told herself that he never paid attention to them, and when he did notice the looks he thought that they were judging him because they knew of his dark side. As awful as it sounded, Brea hoped this is what he thought the looks meant.

Maxons armored hand found Brea's soft, fleshy one. She held his tightly, as tight as she could, again glad he wouldn't be able to feel her death grip through the suit. "I can't think of a better way to spend my day," She replied when Maxon suggested they hang out. She didn't really care what they did, as long as they did it together.

As the two walked Breanne absentmindedly swung their hands. Swinging her hand as she walked had always been a habit of hers, and so when Maxon held her hand she often swung it with hers. Maxon never commented on it, so she didn't think he minded. "I feel like this war is being so dragged out," she said after a while. "I just want us to be done with it, you know?"
[/fieldbox]​