In the Stone

She arches a brow at him and smiles, " no. We would have to do more than share a bed quarters for you to have a different title" she would finish eating and then show him to her room, the bed was large, there was an open tub/pool and plenty of space for the naga boy

His upper body pointed forwards towards the tub/pool like an arrow. Other than where he'd been cleaned with antiseptic the dust kicked up by cleaning was even more clinging than the grit of travel. He gestured to the princess that she could take a turn first however. "I could wait outside or wash your back, whatever is normal," he demurred. Her no-nonsense answer moments ago had cut through a lot of his embarrassed view.

She chuckles and looks at him, " it is big enough for the both of us " she smiles and takes his hand " you don't need to be so polite"

"Aha, maybe I can afford to be less polite if my combat skills ever do catch up with yours." The ghost of a grin passed his lips. First joke ever with his kind!
He removed his few garments and looped his midsection into the tub, tail end and torso sinking in last, and fairly melted to jelly as the heat saturated through his muscles.

She grin her adult fangs flashing and she strips her bandeau and sash and then sinks in a crossed from him. " If you are ever as skilled a warrior as I..... I will kill a boar for the honor feast..... but we are friends. Please talk to me as such"

"Absolutely." He smiles in a daydream that if Stheno is this impressive in sparring, he'd dearly love to be on the sidelines during an actual hunt, especially as she brings down a beast that could charge and tear her to pieces if she couldn't handle it with ease. The preteen rubs hot water over his face and hair then gets the soap and sponge ready, moving up beside the princess. "Time for your back then. Partly as thank you for the supreme welcome where others could have driven me off or worse," he admitted. "But mostly as your friend."

She looks at him and smiles. She sets her hand on his and taps his nose, " not everyone in this life is cruel Evra" she would let him wash her bath and she would dry off and lay in bed naked, she clarly expected him to join her in the bed

Stheno going to bed nude makes the adolescent dwell on that more than undressing to bathe - as this was a custom by choice, not necessity. After his own bath the boy climbed to bed and almost lied the opposite direction to give her space and keep things less intimate but suspected that would raise more attention of standing out from her customs. He simply lied down the same way with a comfortable area between. Not that the well-mannered adolescent could help cheeks the neon pink of a tropical sunset though.

She looks over and smiles at him, she could admit she had a crush on him and sharing a bedchamber is a sign of favor. She is clearly courting him and she leans over and smiles " you are very cute" her voice is soft and she kisses his cheek and yawns sleepily settling in

Good thing the training exercises have worn Evra out, otherwise the newbie's mind might whirl for hours with Stheno's affection and all the humongous changes of this day. Fortunately he drops into the most rejuvenating sleep of his life beside her, picking up on her warmth and ending up nestled against the fighting princess's toned figure.

She wraps her arms and tail around him sleeping soundly besides him. She had claimed the boy and shed take care of him and she had to admit.... She wasn't upset by this. She felt drawn to him

He wakes first, happy and spirit renewed by the surroundings and Stheno's fond care. Another day of naga recipes to fuel him up, combat training as a naga citizen-soldier, company of other nagas - life had changed literally overnight! - not to mention looking forward to spending more time with Stheno herself. Erza slips out of bed and glides to the other side of the room for some early drill practicing, doing everything he can to emulate yesterday's moves without landing on the floor too hard for noise.

She smiles watching him, in the first two weeks of living with her he had become quite skilled. She had him practice drills and help the kits. She would eat with him and lay by him each night. She wonders if he will ever notice that she is courting him

In fact it took a conversation with a youth his own age to fill Evra in - one young and meek enough not to contend for the princess like the older, stronger teens and young men were. Evra was amazed to learn Stheno had more than a warm friendship with him, as she was his only guide to normal naga customs. Courting him, as if the youngster deserved to be on some kind of pedestal.

Evra brought it up as they were preparing for bed that same day. "I'd do anything for you." Even though he knew the princess believed in proud nagas and he didn't mean it like a slave-like worshiper, that part was true. "Why me?" he asked softly. "The other males are all..." Stronger, more savvy, but treated her as a prize or conquest as far as the newcomer could tell.

She glances at him when he spoke and she smiles... he had finally noticed. She looks at him and tips his face up softly, " the other males are close minded, egotistical, arrogant assholes. You are soft and quiet and determined. Good qualities in a mate." She smiles and strokes his cheek softly

"Ahhhh... Thank you so much." He's told Stheno her good qualities every time they're together, every time her scales gleam as her tail flashes in combat like a scimitar, every time she emerges from the bath or dresses for the day how beautiful she is, how wise her pronouncements as he learns naga customs. So he doesn't echo her now. But Stheno's high opinion and cheek petting make him feel like he's in a wonderful dream. "But you're blind to one thing though. I'm a kid- ah, kit."

She laughs and looks at him, " you are only a year younger than I. You will not be a kit much longer. I can wait. I am in no rush tobe mated" she smiles at hm softly and stretches out in the bed

"By that time, I hope to prove to myself, everyone, and you that I'd deserve you," Evra smiles back, hoping for the right potent combo of sincere flattery and confidence. "And in the meantime..." He lays down beside her, letting their lengths synch up and arms drape loosely around. He ends the night with a kiss to her hand and a kiss to her lips.

He lets his crush on the princess flourish and engages in courting of his own now that he doesn't feel in over his head with an official mating. Evra especially pays attention to combat against other nagas, certain that when those aggressive males realize they don't stand a chance with the princess they'd try anything from intimidation to trying to taking his life. That very real possibility gives Evra an edge in one-on-one and skirmish strategy that an abstract tribe war couldn't sink in.

She was attached to him it's true and through the years she smiles as he grows to be formidable and she grows into a beautiful woman who is just waiting for her love to catch up to her

Evra broaches the subject to Stheno one day, that in her honor he is ready to go out and perform the most powerful, honorable, gracious act of courtship seen in over a generation to prove the strength of his feelings for her.