In The Shadows

K

Kamakazi.kal

Original poster
Pushing through the crowded street, Natalie pulled the hood more over her head. Her electric blue hair always stood out, especially when it was darker. It always seemed to have a glow to it, and others found it unsettling as it was something different. The wind and rain threatened to take the hood off as she fought to reach her platform on time, and she couldn't seem to move quickly though the walls of people that seemed to be in her way.

After fighting for longer than she wanted, she walked down the stairs to the subway. Her milky blue eyes looked around, looking for police and any other potential threat that came with going down into the tunnels. She hated going down alone, with the added crime of the big city it meant more danger for a smaller girl like herself, so Natalie was always on edge. It wasn't until she noticed that the platform looked empty.

After Scanning around once more, she jumped down onto the tracks and started to walk to the east, just following them. Electricity sparked off the metal every time she took a step, making it look like there was a slow strobe light going off. She just kept walking, trying to reach the connection point to get into an old abandoned section that the friends had broken through the city didn't care about enough to fix.

Reactions: daniel reaver
( Just a forewarning i love playing multiple characters on different sides. Just let me know if it gets confusing so i can clear it up)

original.jpg
(Zaria)

Zaria sat at the entrance to the Abandoned areas now called home to many of the people she and Natalie knew. Sighing softly as she tossed away a cigarette as she gently blew out the smoke from her lungs, she then laid the gun she had in her hands and on her lap.
1431380698879.jpg
seeing the sparks down the rail way she smirked quietly and called out. "I was wondering when you were gonna show up sexy!!" She yelled down the rail way with a smirk as Natalie came into veiw. It had always been prevalent that Zaria had a thing for Natalie but she'd never told Natalie that besides it being blatantly obvious fact that Zaria wanted to get into bed with her. "Long time no see huh?" She called to Natalie

Last edited:
As soon as Natalie heard the familiar voice of Zaria she chuckled softly "You know I would never stand you up, love." she said as she got closer. She removed her hood allowing the soft glow of her hair to show in the dark.

"I hate going up there, so so much. It's just getting worse. Soon I can only go up during the day." She sighed as she walked to her friend. Natalie had always been a distant person, but something about Zaria grounded her a little more, she was easy for Natalie to be around without getting frustrated or anxious. She wasn't always the most stable minded person, which she just always figured it was something to do with her magic. Even though she was working to control and master her powers better it wasn't always the case, and her emotions would play a role in how they acted. Meaning she could get angry in a flip of a switch.

"Please tell me you have something good to tell me?" She said with a laugh and a sigh, running her hand across Zaria's shoulder to beckon her into the tunnel with Natalie.

Zaria smirked softly when Natalie called back to her. Hopping off the crate she was on she went up to meet Natalie hugging her gently as she spoke of how bad it was up there. "Damn that sucks." She said quietly before hearing Natalie ask for some good news that made her smirk a little and follow Natalie inside. "I got some news that will cheer you up." Zaria said softly as she moved ahead of Natalie and grabbed her hand. Pulling Natalie close as they approached a door she pushed it open to reveal the giant underground club that lie on the other side
the_underworld_by_joshhutchinson-d96le3n.jpg
The place wasn't nice by any means compared to the clubs higher up in the city but it was rather nice despite it being in the slums. Music blared in the background as people enjoyed there time there.

Zaria immediately sighed a little. "Its busy tonight." She mumbled to herself before pulling Natalie close and slipping her metal arm around Natalie's waist. "Come on the good news is upstairs!" She told Natalie over the music as she walked with her threw the crowds of people. Crossing the dance floor they approached a lit up spiral staircase that led to another level. Quickly going up to find the Vip rooms Zaria continued to hold onto Natalie as they approached the nicest Vip suite they had. "We got a special little visitor that might be able to help us get a small hold in the upper buildings. "Hes a crime lord and one of the baddest but at the same time has a soft spot for those of us with powers. Natalie meet draug." Zaria said as she opened the door to a big room overlooking the club
dx_hr_screenshot_adam_apartment.jpg
A man sat on the couch a cigar in his hand and a girl at his side as he watched the new him having waited for Natalie
fbce5a2596bb66b9983fb2c910311253.jpg

Natalie couldn't help but smile as Zaria led her through the crowd, the way her cold metal arm felt around Natalie's waist was comforting in a way. It definitely made her not feel so alone. As the two walked through the crowd she was surprised. It always seemed more crowded here, which wasn't an advertly bad thing. Natalie worried though about the larger numbers. The more people the more likely word would get out.

She listened as Zaria described the meeting. Natalie understood the importance of the meeting and needed it to be good, but it made her a little nervous nonetheless. She hid how scared she was and kept on her tough face. As they entered the room, Natalie looked at the man as she entered and was introduced.

"Hello, Draug. I hope you didn't get lost on the way down here." She said with a scoff As she took her jacket off. Once she removed the coat her exposed arms and belly showed a weird pattern displayed across her body, similar to victims of lightening strikes, even though she had never been struck before. Natalie smiled as she looked at the two people that she hardly even knew were coming. She wasn't much for pleasantries ever, and just liked to cut to the point and not waste time. She also didn't have the people skills to just sit and talk normally unless it was someone she knew personally.

"Obviously we need to get above ground. I'm sure if you don't already know why, you have an assumption, And you are probably very right. Zaria tells me you can do just that. So I guess my questions are; How and what are you looking to get in return?"

Zaria silently entered in behind Natalie and headed to the bar towards the back to make a couple drinks. Meanwhile Draug smiled as Natalie entered and spoke asking what he wanted in return. "Simple really miss Natalie. I get you and your people a foot hold in the high levels of the city whee the rich and powerful are a big enough foot hold that you may grow in the upper levels and in return. I simply ask for protection. Many refuse to believe that certain beings like you exist around here but up top Your kind are feared. I simply ask for protection from those of you with powers." The old man said calmly as he smiled up at Natalie. He knew his deal was crucial to them and Natalie would be quite dumb to decline his offer of business. By that time Zaria had come back with two small glasses of dark liquid presumably a whiskey of some sort. She handed one glass to Natalie then took her place right at Natalie's side and took a drink from her own cup

Natalie let her fingers run over Zaria's as she took the glass from her and laughed softly as she looked at the man in front of her. "A simple enough request, my friend." While her eyes were generally cold as they looked at people, Natalie couldn't shake the fact that her smile would always reveal the soft part of her. Her smile always seemed so soft and innocent compared to her eyes and always made her less intimidating than she was. As she started to calm down her hair darkened from the bright electric to an almost black blue.
owl_girl_by_rossdraws-dbr698p.jpg
"My only other major question though, besides about small details, is why do you feel like people of our kind is going to attack you?" She finally sat down across from the man, finishing her drink. "If I am sending my people to you, I need to have least the tip of the iceberg details. Not just for my men, but because I have to know who exactly to send to protect you." There was always an underlying reason for everyone to do what they do, and she wasn't going to go in expecting this as just a cautionary action.

"Ah well that matter is simple. I run the biggest company in the country along with that the manufacturing and distribution of drugs and guns. Some of the other powerful men in this city have marked me a threat. I know they are to stupid to send people like you after me. But they have wanted me dead for some time now. This is just me taking out an Insurance. I know for a fact none of those fools will send guys after me with people of your kind guarding me." The man said with a smile as he lit a cigar and stuck it in his mouth. "If anything all your men will have to deal with is a couple thugs with guns attempting to take my life. As soon as the other crime lords find out what kind of Security I have the wont dare to even think of killing me. After that your men just need to stick around and look pretty, shoving off the casual beggar here and there, Just normal bodyguard duty with some nice perks.... And if your men do well enough I offer you a share of my company to secure your place in the upper levels, Hell maybe even the hole company when I die making you the most powerful person in the country." Draug explained before smirking and holding out a hand. "Do we have a deal my lady?" He asked softly. Meanwhile Zaria sat on the arm rest of the chair Natalie had sat in and watched Draug all the while smoking her cigarette and drinking her drink in peace while sticking close to Natalie

Natalie laughed as she watched the man. Draug was an interesting person, and she had a feeling the two would get a long very well. "I mean I guess I would want to kill you before you killed me." She listened to what he claimed about a share or a spot, but Natalie knew disappointment. While she loved the idea, she wasn't going to let that be a controlling factor and would do what was best for her people. They trusted her and she wouldn't let them down. She took Draug's hand as she looked into the old man's eyes and shook it. "The future is looking bright for the two of us, my friend." she said with a toothy smile.

Natalie set her hand on Zaria's thigh before standing up " My lovely partner and I will discuss who to send, and we can have them by morning if that's fine for you?" she looked at Zaria and couldn't help by stare for a moment. "We have much to plan as we get ready to enter this part of our story. Of course don't hesitate if you need anything. We can help with intimidation or an attack if you need to get the message across of course. Just give us about 12 hours notice and we can get the best team together for what you need." she casually slide her hand down Zaria's leg as she walked towards the door so that the two could start planning for everything that needed to be done.

Shit no im so sorry! i disapeared due to finals i apologize.

"I do request one thing mam. I request that you and your partner join me tomorrow along with your men. So that you can get acquainted with your new turf. And come see the living arrangements i have set up for you and your people." The man said as he took his cane and stood up leaning on it heavily for support. "Good day my lady i do hope to see my new partners tomorrow." He said before he made his way towards a separate door to an elevator that lead to the surface, his beautiful companion following him.

Meanwhile Zaria watched Natalie move before she got up as well. putting out her cigarette in the ashtray before following Natalie to the door as there partner left before she spoke. "Well looks like we've got a lot to do. Who you thinking of sending baby girl?" Zaria asked as she opened the door for Natalie then followed her through it

Natalie walked out and paused for a moment as she reached into her pocket. She pulled out a silver cigarette case and pulled out a joint. She was never one to smoke tobacco but she liked the way that smoking weed made her powers feel like they controlled her less. Natalie had still needed to work greatly on how to control her powers. While she was exceptional at using them, she wasn't the best at controlling emotions and she was triggered pretty easily, especially these days.

She sighed as she lighted her joint and walked down the stairs back towards the music. She was smoked the joint as she looked around trying to decide who and why. "We have to send a few of the most intimidating people that we have. As well as some that aren't much to the eye but that deliver greatly." Every time she took a puff and exhaled she made sure to turn away from Zaria. Natalie didn't like the idea of blowing the smoke into her friends face as she actively made sure to avoid it. "We can have them alternate shifts there, so it also leaves them guessing. We change times every few days. We will get Diedra to map out the schedule for that. Even if right now this is intimidation, eventually word will get around, and people will try to mimic. Other lords are going to start trying to buy powers. So we have to prove from the beginning, once we are outed as more than security that we are not to be messed with."

As she thought about who to send she could feel the hair on her body begin to lay down as static effect that tended to happen wore off. "I think Conner should be the main guy for this." Natalie finally said stopping on the stairs, looking over the crowd where she could actively see Conner in a group of women. "We know he is loyal to this cause and to us. He is intimidating, he is powerful. We can give him a list of a solid four to six people that will be bounced and he can chose the rest. I trust him to handle the day to day effectively and close to how we would want it."death_man_by_zeilyan-d7m3uyz.jpg

Reactions: Danielle reaver
Nodding as Natalie spoke. "I agree Conner will be a good man to put in command when we aren't around." She said as she put an arm around Natalie's waist. Scanning the crowd soon Zaria smiled. "Send fae up as well." She said as she stared down the woman sitting at the bar alone. Sipping on a cup of scotch.
1ddee432ada9064dc093d6db8f58c771.jpg
"the systems up there are far beyond anything down here. Along with working for our partner she can also run some stuff for us in the systems." She said softly before looking to the other side of the club and said again. "Also send up the twins. We can make them his most personal bodyguards. Due to them being 'maids' they can blend in well around him. Lets just hope he doesnt try to get the two to sleep with him cause they will kill him if he tries to do that." Zaria said as she stared down the twins who where currently making out in a both. It was well known that though being sisters the twins were madly in love with one another and refused to let anyone try to get between them.
Re_Zero.Kara.Hajimeru.Isekai.Seikatsu.full.2002377.jpg
Scanning the club some more she then looked back to Natalie. "Think thats a good idea?" She asked her. Although Zaria thought it was in the end it was all up to Natalie

Natalie pressed her lips against Zaria's shoulder listening to her as she spoke. "We need probably just a couple more permanent ones, and then we can cycle some ones in/out as we go to shake it up. But we will need some minor ones to just hang around. They don't have to know much though. Just enough to listen to the orders." Slowly she scanned the crowd, trying to think. Her eyes settled on a table that had a group in it. "Lets get Jinx and Kai"jinx_by_grooooovy-d9le3s6.jpg

"I think that we need her to be his 'secretary' or the likes. Just so that we literally have a constant eye on not just who comes and goes, but his conversations. I do not ever want to be blindsided by him." She laughed as she motioned for one of the servers to come over. She told the server who she needed and pulled out some money to her for her troubles.

spraycan_guy_by_cosmicspectrumm-d5rfd20.jpg

"Kyle we will use as a more discreet runner or just someone to look about." Without Kyle having any actual powers that he has at let on he would be the most over looked person. But he was fast, nothing stood out. He was just a normie to everyone." Natalie finished as she took Zaria's hand as she went up towards a side room. "Lets just make this a semi fast descirption. We don't have a lot on much yet. Just need to let them know when, and why. The rest we will discus tomorrow when we go. I still have to go back up and go and look into something after this."

Looking over all there choices as they were fetched Zaria nodded as she leaned into Natalie a little. "Sounds good. And do you want me to accompany you up after the introduction to this business of yours?" She asked softly as she followed Natalie up the stairs. Opening the door for Natalie as they got to the room she waited for Natalie to go inside before she followed suit. Sticking to Natalie's side as the twins entered first the blue haired one immediately spoke. "Natalie there better be a good reason you interrupted us." She said as her sister clung to her lovingly. Vesper followed soon after. "You called." She said softly