In the hot zone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kamakazi.kal

Original poster
Chaos was running through the medical tent. People were running every which way, the floor painted with the blood of the fallen. Monitors were shouting, people were cussing, and others just sat in a corner, bothered that they couldn't save the life.

"Call it.." A smooth and oddly sultry voice said through the mask. "But doctor we ca-."

"I said call it!" Sayomi ripped off the mask, throwing it across the tent. It seemed that the past few days those had been the words most spoken in the tent, by every doctor there. She had picked out of the civilian system for her skills, but she wasn't seeming to be able to help any more than the doctors that were already there. She pulled her cap off, long black hair cascaded down her back and shoulders. Her piercing greens eyes locked onto her assistant, then she threw the cap at him. "I said call it! We can't spend forever trying to revive him. He needs blood, and we don't have any, and none of us are fit to give anymore. His artery was ruptured. So even with arterioplasty, he wouldn't make it. Get it together, take his body out and bring in the next one!"

The women was not a daunting person, but she was starting to find the inner anger here. Between the death, and nearly no one listening to what she had to say because of her being a civilian surgeon, she was running out of patience. Not just with everyone around her, but herself. She was tired of the death. She mentally put herself together, hearing the sirens of an incoming shipment of injured. She quickly went over, and took off the bloody scrubs, replacing them with fresh ones. Just as she was getting on the new cap and mask, they wheeled people in, quickly.

"Dr. Chi, this is the worst of them!" the young women looked the man over, under the mask that she wore, she bit her rosey lip. She started patting his face, trying to see how alert he was. There was no response, and barely a pulse as she checked. "Get me a bag of Lactated Ringers and start an IV. He needs to have this arm amputated! Where is he osteologist? Get him in here now. If we get this arm off as quick as possible, then we can save him." She started to cut the circulation to his arm off. They didn't have the time or resources to save the arm. If they tried, then he would surely die.

Before long, she could feel the world starting to turn white, and she collapsed. She had been running on the clock for over 36 hours, the only doctor that hadn't stopped at some point since one of the largest fights had started. "Williams is over in a corner last time I saw him, sir. Chi has bee here since she was first awoken yesterday and has taken on any patients that has been needed. Sir, our men can't keep this up. There is not enough staff. She is the second today.." She started to come back, as sugar water was poured down her throat.

"I-I'm fine. Just give me a few minutes. I'll keep working. I just need a few minutes."

Status
Not open for further replies.