Eddie shook her head, she'd been in a dazed half sleep. She had tried to stay awake but hadn't been successful and had ended up drifting off. She opened her eyes and glanced over at the man. She gave a slight nod when asked if her name was Teodora, she preferred Eddie, but wans't going to say that to him. Eddie listened to his question and paused licking her dry lips and thinking before answering,
"I'm a medic. It's my job to be concerned about the injured." she answered quietly. She kept her answer short and sweet without revealing anything personal about herself. Eddie still didn't trust that this guy was going to spill anything she said to some superior...or that that there weren't cameras or something in the room. After all the stranger had look like he knew something was in that corner. Telling him that she was a medic wasn't anything special. Anyone could figure that out she was a Sailor in a Marines uniform, plus she'd been captured with her medic equipment which had been confiscated.
She needed a name for him since he obvious wasn't going to tell her his. Eddie thought for a few moments staring at him for a bit. What should she call him?
Eddie's thought were interrupted whens he heard boots again outside the cell. She didn't know how long it had been since she'd been dumped in here. Minutes, hours, even days didn't matter. She felt more thirsty than she had before though, in fact she was extremely thirsty.
The cell door swung open and Eddie blinked rapidly in the bright light that shone in. It was Alkaev and what looked like a couple other goons.

The fact that she took her job that seriously was something else. When she became a medic surely 'come to the aid of the enemy' was not in the job description. But what did he know. They were from different countries so he knew nothing of what went on with their medic training. Hell. He knew nothing about Russian medics. Instead of questioning her answer he shrugged his shoulders. "Fair enough." He wanted to know how she could handle herself in a combat situation but she seemed reluctant to talk about herself. What could he do to show that he was not her enemy? He may have been not long ago but now they were in the same situation. He may not get his the questions he would like answered but she was thinking something. If he gave her enough time it was possible she would speak what was on her mind.

The chance never came as the cell door opened and fear crossed his face. He cursed himself for not having heard whoever was there approaching. Ignoring the pain the he stood up and placed himself between Teodora, Alkaev, and the two other soldiers. Damn. If it had been only Alkaev maybe he could have done..something. Swallowing the fear was replaced with a cold look.

"Chivalry should have stayed dead, Pyrel. It gets you no where." Alkaev turned his attention to Teodora. "You have done a great job of proving that actions speak louder than words, Myshka. Thank you for giving us alternative methods." He kept his eyes on the two prisoners but spoke to the two men around him. "Time to kill two birds with one stone. Restrain them."

Seth tensed as one of the men came at him from the side, moving fast. Stepping back with one foot he braced himself as the man knocked into him. It had been hopeless to try to stop such a man since the two of them tumbled to the ground. His back hit the ground hard. Looked like more than just a hit to the kidneys would be the cause of back pain. Before he had a chance to regain himself he was lifted off the ground and cuffed. The man held him tight and all he could was watch while the second man restrained Teodora.

Alkaev gave a nod of satisfaction one the two were cuffed. Taking out a knife he walked over and stood in front of Seth. Smiling he looked at Teodora. "You can either answer my question, or we can have a little fun. I am sure a medic like you would love to be responsible for the spilling of blood. I am a fair man though and to prove it I will give you a simple question. Tell me what you know about the USMC."

Eddie gritted her teeth when she was hoisted up and restrained with her arms behind her back. She had to practically rest all her weight on her arms because of her leg and that hurt her shoulders due to the position she was in.
She listened to the Russian. What was a Myshka? It sounded like it could be a term of endearment but she didn't like the way Alkaev said it. It sounded leering and cruel though he seemed to always sound like that and act like that from her bread experience with him.
Eddie listened to what the Russian said and pressed her like in a resigned yet determined fashion. What lay ahead wouldn't be pretty for either restrained party, but if this Russian thought Eddie's compassion ran so deep she would betray her country than he had another thing coming for him.
Eddie had lost family members and good friends because they served their country. She wasn't about to disrespect everything they fought for because she'd shown compassion to a failed Russian interrogator. Did she want to see him get hurt? No, of course not. But her comfort and his comfort weren't more valuable than what she fought for and protected at home.
Eddie watched Alkaev to see what he'd do. Why did they have the stranger in here anyway? Did they think he was a dessertor? Did they think Eddie and him had planned something? Or did they think she'd break and talk of they out someone in here to get friendly with her?
If that was the case this seemed like a really extreme way of getting info from her.

The words Alkaev spoke to Teodora caused Seth to remove his eyes from the Alkeav and look at the girl. He hoped she would stay silent, or at least not give them any useful information. When he saw the look come over her he felt a wave of satisfaction. It was not that he wanted to go against his country, it was that he had his own look on life and cared not for those who went against his ways. Giving Alkeav a beating is what he wished most for the older interrogator, but seeing him fail would also work. A smile started to form on his face. Before it could be completed a hand connected with his face.

"Kirsa (rat)! Smile again and I will make it permanent." Alkaev signaled to the man holding Teodora. "Bring her here." The smile that had disappeared moments ago was quickly replaced as Teodora was brought to him. "I think you misjudged my previous statement, Myshka." The man restraining her pressed a knife against the back of her neck and wrapped his other arm tightly around her, trapping her left arm. Alkaev gripped her other arm and and forced the knife into her grip, keeping his hands firmly around hers. "YOU will be the one to spill blood." He moved his face close to her ear and spoke quietly. "This man may be defiant now but he still belongs to me, and with time I will turn him into a soldiers that will obey my every wish. You think keeping this information to yourself is protecting your country, but like many great countries before it, it will fall."

Seth watched Alkaev closely. What was he telling her? Threats? That would be the obvious choice, but what was he threatening exactly? Without knowing that information it was hard to know what to do. Aware of the knife that Alkeav held her hand around he fixed Teodora with an unblinking, unreadable stare.

Eddie listened to the Russian's spiel, she fought when he tried to make her grip the knife. She strained against his much larger hand, but only succeed in hurting her hand and eventually gripping the knife. She tightened her jaw and narrowed her eyes glaring straight ahead. She didn't want to do this, she really didn't. Eddie pressed her lips together she wasn't talking though, she guessed she'd already screwed up by saying she was a medic and caring for the stranger. She knew that a group of legal officers(Or someone like that) would review every single thing she did while captured to see if her actions were appropiate for that of a captured US military member. If not she could face court martial or dishonorable discharge and she didn't want that.
Eddie swallowed hard and didn't shift her gaze from the stranger's face, her gaze was determined yet if you looked hard apologetic at the same time. She felt knd of bad for the stranger. If this was an elaborate plot to get her to talk he was going to be in a lot of pain for absolutely nothing.

Seth clenched his trapped fists as Alkaev forced Teadora's hand, and the knife, closer. The movement was agonizingly slow and he wished time could move faster, to be done with this. His eyes closed as the knife slid across one cheek and then the other. Drops of blood dripped down his face but he could tell the wound was not deep. It was like Alkaev was trying to make this act seem gentle, like everything would be alright in the end, but it wouldn't. He could tell himself that he deserved this and anything to come. That much was believable, but what about the girl? No. He could not imagine her doing something to deserve this kind of torture. He steeled himself before opening his eyes. "Alkaev. Pl'uvat' na t'eb'a. Vy gordimsya bol'no devochek ? Eto ne delayet vam nichego, krome nizkoy zhizni podonkov . Kogda ya otsyuda budu razorvat' vashi ruki, nogi , i zemlya budet rabotat' krasnyy s vashey krovi . YA ub'yu tebya. Eede vhad e sgadie kak malinkey suka."

Alkaev's hands gripped tighter around the knife and Teadora's hand. In one quick motion the knife was plunged deep into Seth's shoulder. Releasing his grip on the knife, and making sure the girl's hand came with his, he kicked her away, forcing the other guy to release his grip. "How dare you threaten me!" He motioned for the guy holding Seth to take him out of the room. To the other guy he spoke. "Go with them. Get ice and salt. Carve his face a bit more for good measure. Etot ublyudok budet prosit' o poshchade , prezhde chem den' do kontsa." As they left the room he turned his attention to Teodora. Moving over to her he gripped her shirt and slammed her against the wall. "Tell me what you know!"

"Alkaev. Fuck you. Do you take pride in hurting girls? That makes you nothing but a low life scum. When I get out of here I will break your arms, legs, and the ground will run red with your blood. I will kill you. Go to hell and burn like a little bitch."

"That bastard will beg for mercy before the day is through."

Eddie stumbled back and fell as soon as she was released her leg buckling awkwardly underneath her. She watched the stranger get dragged away. Eddie was fluent in Serbian, but could only pick out words here and there and in other Slavic languages, so she didn't really understand what was said.
Eddie winced as she was dragged up again by Alkaev. They may have patched her up, but appearently that was all that they were going to do to 'keep her alive'' because none of their jerking movements were helping it. She let out somewhere between a wheee and gasp when slammed against the wall as the air quickly rushed from her lungs. She took a few deep shaley breaths trying to regain her ability to breath, but didn't say anything. She wasn't going to talk, she felt her hands shaking though she wasn't sure why. She oddly didn't feel afraid anymore, just determined and angry. Angry he'd made her cut the stranger, angry her leg was shot so she couldn't even stand up to fight, angry she hadn't fought harder before she was captured.
Eddie looked Alkaev in the eye and just stared at him. She wanted to spit at him so badly right now, she'd been taught in POW classes to not be confrontational, but that was proving harder than expected for her.

Alkaev struck Teodora across the face. "I will go after your family next. They will suffer far more than you will, that I promise." He made a move to grab his knife, only to realize he had not reclaimed it after his last encounter. Settling for the second thought he laid a hard blow wherever his knee would reach and tossed her aside. He stared down at her as he paced back and forth. He had been given strict orders to not kill her. Eye dark he moved to stand next to her and placed his foot on her knee, pressing down hard. A few seconds was enough to satisfy his blood lust for the time being. A last thought crossed his mind before he left. He would have to have someone come check on her later since her dying on his watch would be considered the same as if he had killer her himself.

A fair amount of time passed before Seth was hauled back to the cell. He hung limply between two soldiers as he fought to keep his eyes open. Small cut marred his face and everything above his mid chest was soaked. The cell was opened and the two soldiers dropped him in the middle of the cell before leaving. He was chilled to the bone, the shivering, exhausted. All he wanted was to sleep and he would do that in a moment. Unable to see where Teodora was he spoke in a raspy voice that he hoped she could hear. "I am sorry."

Teodora felt his nails rake across her face. She paused when he said he'd got after her family. He couldn't do that could he? He couldn't find her family right? He could't even find out who they were...right?" Eddie did her best to protect her head when she was thrown to the ground again but the back of her head struck the ground still.
Eddie watched him pace her anger slowly fading, as she watched him from where she lay. Her eyes widened when he came over and placed his foot on her knee. No, please, no. She gasped and writhed painfully when he pressed down on her already badly injured leg. She couldn't even move her leg without it hurting so she couldn't bring it up to protect it.
She lay still trying to let the pain go down, but it wasn't. She stiffened when the door opened again and the stranger was thrown into the cell. It was odd to her, they were focusing more torture on him then her. It didn't make sense to her, but she honestly wasn't giving too much energy to think about it right now. She heard him apologize,
"I..." she started sucking her breath in, her ribs and head hurt from being thrown around so much. "It's fine..." she breathed. He sounded cold, but there wasn't much they could do about that, there were no blankets or anything in the cell.
"I-I'm sorry.." she muttreed softer unsure if it was the right thing to do, or if she just wasn't thinking straight.

"Don't..feel sorry for..me. I deserved it." It had not been long since the positions had been reversed and he had been to one doing the interrogating. It was fitting to feel what happened to prisoners, though the thought of their methods caused him to close his eyes tight. "No. It's..not fine." It was far from fine. The water, ice cold, was one thing. The salt was another. He had never expected something to hurt so much. The worst..it had only been his face. To imagine more of the body subject to that.. "Y-you are n-next. He told me to..t-tell you that." It was likely they would do to her what had been done to him. He was to show what would happen, to strike fear into her. The main thing he was uncertain of is how far they would go. Would it be only a small portion of her body or worse? Against the pain he curled his body up and prayed. He prayed it would not be too much for her. He prayed for sleep. He prayed for a miracle to break through the walls. He prayed to the ghost of a friend for death.

Eddie nodded. She knew there were cameras in here now so she tried not to look afraid. Now that her adrenaline and anger had lowered she felt the fear lurking in the back of her mind. She bit her lip as she slowly shifted her position on the ground. She saw the stranger curled up nearer to the door of the room. She didn't know if he was just cold or trying to sleep and didn't want to wake him,
"What's your name?" she asked softly, curiously, but she talked quiet enough so he hopefully wouldn't wake up if he was sleeping. She wanted to know who he was though. After all it only seemed fair he knew her full name why couldn't she at least know his first name? It did't appear like he was an interrogator anymore so he was in the same boat she was.
May as well get to know each other while they drowned right? Eddie shook those less then positive thoughts off. She had to remain positive or she'd go down a dark road and possibly never return even if she managed to escape which was unilkely.

Seth had not yet fallen asleep. Once he did he would sleep like the dead, but getting to that stage would be difficult. When she asked what his name was he could not help but feel a small spark of..something. It was not happiness but it helped combat the darkness. It was easier to get through hard times when there was another person to share the pain with. In this case literally. "Seth. Not very Russian is it?" It suited him though. The Egyptian god of chaos. Being as rebellious as he was it only made sense for chaos to follow. "I can't say I have heard the name Teodora before."

Deciding it would be best to try to warm up he sat up, wincing at the pain. The hard part was next. With slow, painful movements he removed the wet clothes and set them aside. Back and chest exposed he lay back down facing her, not wanting to examine the bruises that covered his body. It would have been nice to hide it from Teodora but he had no doubts that she looked exactly the same.

Eddie nodded and attempted a smile. Teodora wasn't a common name, it was a Serbian version of Theodora, though it could also be Romanian, Polish, or Bulgarian. She watched him remove his wet clothes, which was probably a good idea since he he looked wet and cold. She was lying on her back not wanting to move to her side because it would hurt her leg more. It felt like Alkaev had shifted her knee cap by putting pressure on it. She knew she probably wouldn't heal fully, she would most likely at least have a limp if infection set in she could lose the leg or part of it.
Eddie looked Seth up and down,
"Nice bruises." she commented, "Save your t-shirt, when you warm up the cold shirt will help with swelling." she advised softly. She looked at the ceiling and closed her eyes, she needed sleep. If Seth was telling the truth she was going to have a rough time whenever Alkaev came back and she needed rest. She tried to ignore her thirst and her pounding headache that was partly from dehydration partly from hitting her head on the floor one too many times.

A smile appeared at her words. "Marks of defiance." Seth listened to her advise, nodding thanks. Due to having his blood on it he did not offer the iced shirt to her, but she would have her own makeshift ice pack soon enough. He watched her eyes close and decided not to say any more. Sleep was needed for both of them. Closing his own eyes he lay still until sleep overtook him. The sleep was dreamless and sometime during this he ended up in his usual sleeping position: sprawled out on his back, one hand over his head while the other rested on his chest. For a short amount of time life was normal.

Seth blinked open his eyes and let out a low groan as he tried to move. His body hurt more after sleeping than before. It was going to be a fun time to move into a new position. The only time he did not feel the pain much is when action overtook thought. Adrenaline was a great short term pain reliever. What a wonderful thing. He turned his head to see if Teodora was still sleeping.

Eddie woke up slowly. She hadn't slept well her throat and mouth felt like she'd eaten sand. Though she'd at least rested a while which was good. She winced, her leg hurt the most not surprisingly. The pain seemed to radiate up into her hip, groin, and stomach area and down into her foot and ankle. She felt nauseous even though she hadn't eaten in forever.
Eddie knew she was getting to the point of being severely dehydrated. She wasn't sure how much time had past, but she guessed it'd been 2 days since she'd had anything to drink. Her headed pounded hard, Eddie moaned half from pain half from just not happy about having to wake up to the world again. She opened her eyes and looked around, giving a slight nod to Seth as a greeting.
"Good morning..I think." she croaked as a greeting. Her voice sounded raspy and gruff, her southern drawl dragged her sentences lazily out. Here in the depths of Russia or Kyrgystan wherever they were Eddie's accent sounded foreign and out of place. She smiled because she knew there was a camera, her smile was tired and a little on the pained side, but it was there. She just wanted them to know she wasn't broken.

Seth raised an eyebrow at the greeting. "Morning." Whether it was good had yet to be decided, although the smile she gave was a good start. "That facial expression pisses them off. Good." He flashed his own smile and looked at the camera. Was someone even watching at this time? The smile slowly faded as a thought consumed him. They needed out of here. Turning his attention back to Teodora his expression was hopeful and nervous. Knowing he could not allow the conversation to be heard he sat up and scooted closer to Teodora until only she was able to hear his words. His blue eyes locked with hers. "Is there a chance someone might come rescue you?" The pain from moving was nothing compared to his desire to hear this answer. If no, well, he would not just sit here and rot. There would be freedom, one way or another. If yes, if someone did come, there was a big chance he would be left here but that was fine. A distraction like that would be enough.

Eddie shook her head. No one was coming to rescue her that wasn't how it worked anymore. It was her job to get herself out of here, they couldn't risk men and resources to get out every single soldier, sailor, Marine, and airman out.
"That ain't how it works." She responded softly. She trusted Seth now not fully but she trusted him a little. Eddie stayed laying down, but turned her head so Seth was hiding her from the camera.
Eddie used the wall as a support and slowly sat up she looked at her knee, if she wanted out she'd have to figure out how to brace or wrap it enough to walk on.
Eddie how liked around the room better trying to study it and see if here was anything she could use.

Seth shrugged his shoulders and looked away. "It was worth a shot." That meant they needed a plan B, and her leg would be the biggest issue. Would she be able to walk if given the chance of freedom? He could not leave her. That would go against everything he had done. For everything to be for nothing was not an option. He was aware of her sitting up but kept his head turned away. Thoughts were what they needed but actions were what he was good at. Yes, action.. "I can get us out of this room if you can figure out something with your leg. It may not be the best but you can use my shirt. After that though it would all be up in the air. We are not exactly close to an exit." The room would be easy enough to escape from. The facility on the other hand..they would need more than just luck to escape from.

Eddie thought she needed someway to move the kneecap back in place and brace it there so she could maybe hobble on it. She looked at her knee cursing she'd been shot there instead of her arm of something. Since they'd taken her boots she didn't even have those to use the laces.
Eddie was thinking though. She might be able to rig something up with her blouse and Seth's shirt. She checked her waist band, they'd removed her belt too,
"You still got your belt?" She inquired. She didn't know if they stripped him down as thoroughly as they had her. His boot had been taken but she didn't know if his belt had. She didn't even remember if he had a uniform blouse to begin with but there certainly wasn't one in here.
The door swung opened and Eddie's heart seemed to stop. It seemed to be her turn. She pressed her lips together and quickly prayed as she watched to see who was coming in.

His belt? He had forgotten all about it and it would have been useful awhile ago. Checking if it was there his fingers twitched as he touched it. Alkaev would not have forgotten a detail as simple as thought so it had to have been intentional. Had the older interrogator hoped he would use it and give him an excuse to become violent? It seemed the best bet. "Yeah." He quickly removed it and was about to hand it to her when the door opened. Cursing, he hid it under him, keeping one hand around it in case a weapon became needed. His muscles relaxed slightly as a medic walked in. His eyes watched every move the guy made. The medic approached and knelt by Teodora, holding a small paper cup with water out to her.

"Napitok. YA proveryayu nogu."

"He has orders to check your leg." Seth explained. The medic was not a threat but his reason for being there was obvious enough. Not only did he need to check her leg but he also had to make sure that she would survive the planned torture. At least the water would help if she accepted it. If they were quick enough it was possible they could attempt an escape before the torture. For either of them to become any weaker could ruin any chances of gaining freedom.