In The City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Callum stood up, and dumped his cup. "Kay. See you around." He grinned, and then left, feeling better than he had in years.

Callum returned home, and rested in his bed - yes, even though he was a vampire, he still slept in a bed, - thinking of Kieara. She was the most gorgeous girl he had ever seen, and her personality was amazing to match. He was looking forward to the next day.

Kieara thought of her new friend. She returned home and sighed as she felt the immenent change come on. It was near that time again. She would have to change soon or suffer being sick.

Kieara's mum glanced out of the kitchen as her daughter returned, and she sighed. "Kieara......it isn't that bad." She knew about her daughter's resistance to the change, but she knew it had to happen.

"I don't want to though mom...'' She said softly frowning. Her voice was weaker than usual though, but she sighed and gave in shifting into a tiny red fox.

Her mum wiped her hands on her apron, and shifted herself into a larger grey fox with a streak of silver on its muzzle. She usually did this to keep her daughter company during the the change. She nudged the younger fox with her nose, and growled reassuringly.

Kieara looked up and nuzzled her mom. She enjoyed her mom's reassurance. It made her feel not so alone.

That night, Kieara's mum curled up next to her, the grey next to the red, and they fell asleep, not knowing that something was afoot. Nearby, Callum was hunting, his keen nose sniffing out prospective prey.

He came to a house, and paused outside for a moment, as a familiar scent caught his nose - Kieara? Curious, he peered into the window, and was surprised when all he saw were two foxes. He was bewildered - his nose told him that Kieara was there, but all he could see was the two sleeping foxes.

Suddenly he remembered a story his grandmother had told him as a child -a legend of a group of beautiful women who transformed into foxes at night. Could Kieara be one? He turned and darted away, using his vampire speed for once.

Kieara had awoke hearing something. She sniffed the air smelling the familiar scent. She thought maybe Callum was near. she followed his scent to his home, but she forgot to shift back.

(will reply later - have to go now)

Callum woke up in his bed when he heard a scratching on the door. He opened the door, expecting to see a cat or something, but instead saw a small red fox. "Oh, hi." He knelt down and stared into the eyes of the fox, recognising the eyes. "Hi Kieara." He had been pondering it all night, and had come to the conclusion that his new friend was a fox maiden.

Kieara's tail drooped as she backed up. People tended to get violent on her species. She was afraid that he knew wht she was.

He softly said, "It's ok - I'm not going to hurt you." He stepped back, and held his hands up. "I just..... I know who you are."

She saw that he was genuine and slowly came closer. She sat down on his welcome mat lightly.

He smiled, and crossed his legs, sitting on the floor just a few metres away from her. "My nan used to tell me stories about this group of beautiful women who transformed into foxes every night. I used to think that was just a story, but last night I was out hunting, and I came across your house. I saw you, and another fox curled up and asleep. Then just there now when you came to the door, I recognised your eyes. Big and beautiful." He blushed - he had said too much.

Kieara's tail wagged happily at his compliment. She moved in the house and sat closer to him listening. She couldn't shift back just yet.

Callum watched her curiously. "How does it work? What times do you transform?" He knew he should probably tell her his secret, but not yet.

She looked up at the moon and stars. She growled softly trying to tell him at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.