Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michelle the Editor

Original poster
Hi! I'm Michelle, and I would like to start actually using this account and get to know some of the players around this website.
What I'm looking for in a partner:
  • I have no strong preferences about things like writing ability or post length. Whatever you need to get the point across works.
  • Post whenever you can and I'll try to do the same. I generally have a lot of free time, but I'm spotty. I might be here for an hour, posting rapidly, or you might not see me for three days. I'll try to be consistent, just...if you're generally a passive player we might end up stalling for a while.
  • No age preference for my partner, as I don't write smut/lemons/Redstar/Bluestar/whatever the kids are calling it these days.
  • I prefer using public threads over private PM's, just because they're easier to search and read back through.
What I'm looking for in a setting:

• Fantasy, high, low and anything in-between.
  • Supernatural, typically urban fantasy. Vampires are always welcome.
  • Superheroes! I'm a big fan of tokusatsu in particular.
  • I don't enjoy sci-fi as much, but I do like retrofuturism and post-apocalyptic settings.
  • Settings I absolutely do not want to use are fandoms, slice-of-life, yaoi or yuri. Not a big fan of magical schools either.
What I'm looking for in a plot:
  • Romance seems to be a foundational part of 1x1 games, but for me the plot and characters are a higher priority. If our OCs just don't have chemistry I'd prefer to play a platonic, fun story than try to force it.
  • FxM pairings. I can play either gender.
  • I have a melodramatic streak a mile wide, and I like torturing my characters. Feel free to torment them, just don't expect them to fall in love with their abusers or anything like that.
  • Villains turning good and trying to deal with their bosses/heroes who don't trust them are a lot of fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: mango and Dip
Hi, there! I'd love to try out a role-play if you're still looking for partners! Have you had any preferences between high fantasy or urban fantasy? I enjoy both a lot ^^

Toss me a comment or conversation back if you're interested. Thanks for your time! ^^

• Love
Reactions: Michelle the Editor
@FaithLeafCat, yes I am still looking--it has only been a few days since I began looking, after all. Right now I think I'm in the mood for urban fantasy.

@Melancholy , I am always down for vampires. :)

Reactions: mango
Eyyyyyyyy......The whole 'villain turning good' or any other sort of villain-superhero RP with me as the villain would be awesome.

I'm good with romance if you want (or if you don't want it, that'd be fine too XD) but if we could do a FxM with you as the male, that'd be great! :D

Hmm. I don't really do slice of life very often. Not a lot of villains in the genre, after all. Something modern could be cool, though. Maybe it can start out pretty mundane and we gradually up the stakes?

Reactions: noodle
Hmm. I don't really do slice of life very often. Not a lot of villains in the genre, after all. Something modern could be cool, though. Maybe it can start out pretty mundane and we gradually up the stakes?

Okay, modern it is.

I meant 'slice of life' more as a relationship type thing....like, as their relationship progresses, they become more comfortable and almost normal around each other. Sorry, I'm not very good at this whole 'genre' thing XD

I was thinking more of a swoop. Like, start with high drama and then settle them down, then have a climactic end. I'm not sure. This is your RP too, after all, and I'm sure you have some ideas and a setting you'd like to include.

Ah, okay! Generally I think of slice of life as primarily a mundane setting, normal people with normal lives, that kind of thing. Gradually becoming more normal sounds like it would be fun, letting the characters grow. Right now I don't have any really pressing ideas. Maybe some kind of hitman and their target?

Ah, okay! Generally I think of slice of life as primarily a mundane setting, normal people with normal lives, that kind of thing. Gradually becoming more normal sounds like it would be fun, letting the characters grow. Right now I don't have any really pressing ideas. Maybe some kind of hitman and their target?

Okay, cool!

Yeah, something like that could work, if you wanted to.

And if we were including a superhero-villain type relationship, wouldn't they have powers or some other kind of not-quite-human abilities? I was thinking more a 'villian is caught/about to be killed' thing and the hero rescues them/villain begs for a second chance?

Or, I saw an interesting prompt the other day that would be fun too. The villain is defeated and wakes up with complete amnesia, so the hero starts trying to incorporate them into society....the villain regains her memories after a few days but doesn't tell him, because she does want a second chance after all and he's being so nice to her....no one else has ever done that. Then, the hero is being defeated by a new villian and she pulls out her kickass abilities and saves him....they go on to become superhero buddies.

I don't know, maybe I'm just rambling. But there's a few ideas. :P

I like the sound of the second one. Would you want to be the hero or the villain?

Yeah, that sounds good. Do you want to discuss this more in PMs?

I have some medieval fantasy plots open if you'd like to hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.