In Memorize We Trust (A Memory-Based RP.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jihae

carpe noctem
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Online Availability
Saturdays and Sundays.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
Genres
Romance. Modern. Dystopian. Horror.
CLICK FOR OOC.

iGKps.jpg

au6g.png
Rappelez-vous de vivre, en direct à retenir.
au6g.png

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
"Thanks to my Sensen, I choose to remember every defining moment of my life.
The good ones, and the bad. Thanks to my Sensen, my husband lives on. In my
heart, and in my brain."
"I don't know if I'll ever find the courage to give these memories to my son..
But I'm relieved to know that these memories are safe and secure."

"That first night, when he said "Let's share our memories." I remember
I was sort of afraid. And he smiled, and we hit the switch together..
And then, I
FELT everything!"

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
pgF3i.jpg

au6g.png
The Plot.
au6g.png

[BCOLOR=transparent]"The RP is set in the year 2084, in a futuristic version of Paris called Neo-Paris. The Memorize corporation has invented a new brain implant called the Sensation Engine (Sensen), which enables roughly 99% of the population to upload and share their memories on the net, as well as remove unhappy or unpleasant memories. This gives Memorize an immense degree of control over the population and enables them to establish a surveillance state. This, in turn, leads to a small group of rebels, you included, forming under the name "Errorists": their mission is to bring down Memorize once and for all. Your way of removing Memorize from Neo-Paris will be a dangerous and endearing adventure, but with futuristic technology and your ability to remix, or alter, memories. I'm sure you will be just fine."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
tumblr_n9154rhnfv1ro2yn3o2_500.gif
[/BCOLOR]

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
au6g.png
Key Terms.
au6g.png
ERRORISTS:
"[BCOLOR=transparent]Errorists are a radical movement against the use of the Sensen and it's purpose. Errorists campaign against Memorize using social media platforms and attacking targets through their Senwall implants."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]MEMORIZE:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"[BCOLOR=transparent]Memorize is a major French corporation in Neo-Paris. Memorize is responsible for the distribution of the Sensen. It was intended for a more intimate social networking platform but instead, Memorize has created a business on digitizing and trading memories to the point of control."[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]SENSATION ENGINE (SENSEN):[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sensation Engine, AKA Sensen, is a digital device, a neck implant that interfaces primarily with the memory centers of the brain. Invented by Antoine Cartier-Wells, the founder of Memorize.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]The purpose of Sensen was to help retain or delete memories, as well as various other memory-related uses.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Given the right tools, Sensen devices can be accessed by anyone, granting the ability to alter an existing memory, which is commonly referred to as "Remixing." IT IS A VERY RARE TALENT TO OWN.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
QlwW.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

Sensen Tech (Senwall) at its finest. Yes, everyone has a Senwall. Including you. It is impossible to remove it from your body.
MEMORY HUNTERS:
[BCOLOR=transparent]Memory Hunters are a group of individuals who trophy hunt the memories of others. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Memory hunters hack the minds of their targets using the Senwall, the implant on the neck of Sensen users. Depending on the skill or intention or the hunter, the process can go unnoticed or can be extremely painful for the target. The majority of Errorists are very skilled Memory Hunters.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
tumblr_mmemi3OShV1r0shcco1_400.gif
[/BCOLOR]

Memory Hunters are able to overload memories during combat. The opponent has to be at his very weakest for an overload opportunity.

[BCOLOR=transparent]REMIXING:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Remixing is the ability to alter someone's memories and shift events to work in the user's favor. It works by placing your hand to the Senwall. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]There, you will find the person's divine memory, ready to alter with a touch of rewind and your fingertips. During the Remixing, you need to find "Memory Glitches." There are many of them sprawled around the memory. Change them and hit the right combination of glitches, and you will alter the memory completely.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
aMons.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Pretty self-explanatory.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
au6g.png
Remember Me.
au6g.png
[/BCOLOR]

This RP was COMPLETELY inspired by the game, Remember Me. (I seem to have a knack for Video Game RPs I'm so sorry.) The plot came from the game. The whole damn thing came from the game. ^^; If you wish to check out the trailer.

Boop boop.
giphy.gif

ANY SUGGESTIONS, COMMENTS, OR QUESTIONS ARE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
Also Interests. If you're interested in this. Let me know. c:

Last edited:
Reactions: S O N G B I R D
Absolutely badass. I would love to roleplay in something like is ... sadly, I have never played it and all, would this RP be open to those who haven't played it? [Well, I am also watching some walkthroughs, if that helps any.]

Yes! Of course this RP would be opened to those who haven't played the game. c: I tend to make things like this very detailed so people who haven't played the game can actually RP.

Reactions: S O N G B I R D
Definitely interested! But, if you do make it any time soon, I might not be able to join right away due to being on vacation. However, I'll watch the thread for updates C:

Definitely interested! But, if you do make it any time soon, I might not be able to join right away due to being on vacation. However, I'll watch the thread for updates C:
Thank you guys for taking interest!

Reactions: Ellery
Okay so, I just made an OOC just so I can add A LOT more information. :D

CLICK FOR OOC.

Quick question: is this going to be an own character or premade character thing?
You get to create your own character for this RP. c:

REMEMBER ME <3 OMG. I lovedd that game! Loved the story!!
Will put up a character later or tomorrow.

Quick question though, will all the characters us rpers are going to play be able to remix memories?

REMEMBER ME <3 OMG. I lovedd that game! Loved the story!!
Will put up a character later or tomorrow.

Quick question though, will all the characters us rpers are going to play be able to remix memories?
Thank you for taking interest! And yes. Yes you will. All of the characters will be able to remix memories. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.