IN HER DYING EYES-the black embrace

He sat down on the bed beside her. "relax then." he said, tilting his head back and forth once. He put his hand up, made a little gesture and slowly moved it towards her stomach. he lifter her shirt so his abare hand touched her round skin and an instant bolt of soothing energy shot from his hand, flooding over the flesh and permeating into the tissue. the electric feelgin spread all over her body, like a hot bath on a winters day. He pulled his hand away and stood up, puttign his hand out to help her stand. She'd probably need it for balance.

As soon as his hand made contact with her stomach

she blushed fiercely, though the feeling subsided

when a wave of security and tranquility rushed through her

He really wasnt human..

This wasnt a dream because if it was, the feeling he gave her would have certainly woken her up.

"Okay.." She said taking his hand and getting up slowly...

"I hope these are just side effects..that..that go away..."

She thought to herself outloud

"I dont want to spend my life as a pumpkin"

"Its more complicated than that, but yes, i can make most fo them go away." he reassured her, taking her in his arms again and speeding off.

she felt heavier again. her cheeks flushed. "You sure you're alright?" he asked. she would see the world flash by and before she coudl answer, they were at a dinky little motel on the outskirts of town with a hispanic feel and a littel fountain in teh middle.

" Wait here, I'll get the keys." he said, setting her on her feet directly by the fountain.

She was once again astounded by the way he could

move threw time the way he did

it must be amazing to be.. a vampire..

She thought

but how can you enjoy life that way? speeding threw it?

She shook the feeling looking around at the hotel

The fountain despite the dinkiness of the hotel was quite beautiful

She turned towards it and smiled, running her fingers through the water

"I hope its a 2 bedroom" She muttered under her breath

armand was talking with the attendant for quiet some time. During this time, he forgot somehthing.. nature was everywhere. the water on the fountain ehind her started to slowly purify. and in takign away the impurities, the virus began to multiply again, stressing the material of her shirt. Armand came back just after the effects would becoem apparent to poor anastasia. he had two keys and a large beachtowel with a pricetag on it.

Anastasia looked at the beach towel and then up at Armand

"So did we get the room?"

She was in pain but she didnt want to show it, she just wanted to get to

the bed and rest

because it felt like everything

she made contact with made her feel worst

sure enough she gained another pint of liquid there. armand helped her to room 145 on the far corner of the hacianda-like square adn sat her on the bed gently, giving her the towel

"I rented out the lovers suite for the night. just you and me here at teh motel. nobody wants to stay here because of how it looks, butthey have a 4 star ratign online." he laughed. : Figures, heh?" He yawned and sat on the edge of the king sized bed next to her. "Oh, And I figured you might like the pool out back, she said it has a waterfall built in." he yawned. the room had alot of cool fixings and a hot tub built INto the bathroom. " Man i coudl use a nap." he said,

Anastasia looked over the room before slowly making her way to the bathroom

"I'm just going to shower kay?" She confirmined with him

She had to admit it was a nice hotel on the inside..

Guess you shouldn't judge a book by its cover..

She thought to herself as she slowly began to strip

Armand popped up and went to his case, taking out a few things, several strange clockwork devices that made next to NO sound whatsoever were set next to the bed on the table, and he started to play solitair with himself.

"Good looking girl armand. better make sure this experiment of yours don't go bad." he sighed, already loosing the game of solitair.

There was a full length mirror opposite anaastasia in the sizeable bathroom. The tattoo mark woudl ahve faded into non-existance, but that didn;t mean seeing herself for the first time in her expanded girth wouldn't be rather offputting. she would be the very picturesque vision of Fertile beauty. the price of that beauty was the discomfort that came with it.

Armadn thought again to the words of gaia. No comfort was found there. He was even rather sure the shower woudl have some strange effects on her body, what witht eh hormonal changes the virus had in store in later stages.

"God i'm a ravign lunatic aren't I." he said, resignign his game of solitair and instead, takign off his shirt and shoes and plopping on the bed, his muscular body the model example of thin muscle structure on big bones.

Anastasia came out of the shower 20 minutes later

She felt a little better than she did

She rubbed her stomach gently as she nestled down into bed

She didn't want to seem awkward so she made sure she gave him respectable

Space "sweet..dreams" she said softly as she ran her fingers

Up and down her bare belly because she slept in a sportsbra

<o:p> </o:p>
Armand smiled a little bit, rolling over to face her. he observed her beautiful curves for a moment as she lay down. even the difficulty by which she did so was cute.

“Careful.” He said glancing at how she rubbed her stomach. “You just might smile.” He said, his expression soft as he rolled over again. His hair was a deep tone of brown with lovely highlights. For a man who had been through so much, his perfect form was unscathed.

“Besides, my dreams have been troubled lately, I might just stand guard all night.” He added, thoughtlessly. He Could really use some sleep after allt he damage he had taken and powers he had used. Afterall… he WAS only half vampire.

Anastasia couldn't help but return his smile

Something abiut armand made her happy

Even in these darkest of times

"I think we both need sleep..." she concluded glancing towards him

In the dakr.. everything seemed to peaceful to be angry

"Only because you said it so nicely." he said after a small pause. he lifted his hand from her stomach, which responded with a small, strangely pleasant lurch. armand rolled onto his stomach and held his pillow, facing her slightly as he began to slumber.

Hundreds of miles away, A Large Limo met on the road with a man on horseback. the man on horseback was accompanied by several large hounds. the driver stepped out.

"Good evening to you, Earl King." he said, bowing, in a language oonly the trees now understood. The response was a slight bow of the earl kings thorn crowned head.

"Do you hunt already? or is this a pleasure outing?" THE man asked, not yet raising from his bow.

"I Scout for the coming hunt, Jared of Avalon. inform yorn master i will have words with him in three days time."

The driver bowed agian and took off at full speed.

Anastasia smiled.. his hand had soothed her more than she thought it might

she thought about what could possibly be in her stomach making it grow..

she just hoped that within a couple of days or so.. it would go away..

or a cure might be found

slowly she drifted off... her eyes not leaving Armands handsome face until her eyelids got to heavy

and she slept

well.

Armand awoke first, stretching the cobwebs from his muscles and standing upright. He popped his back harshly and then his hands. He looked to his cell phone. No new messages. He sat in the sofa chair with a glass of ice water. He went over a few things in his head. Geometry, physics… nothing made sense with this new development of his Virus. She grew during the night, her clothes were constrained and like a prison, instantly uncomfortable as she awoke. Armand noticed none of this. By the time she would waken to theses sensations, he would be hard at work writing out equations, notes and formulas he was sure he had set to rest MONTHS ago, as well as a few alchemic symbols and mystical processes scribed on a large writing tablet.

Armand awoke first, stretching the cobwebs from his muscles and standing upright. He popped his back harshly and then his hands. He looked to his cell phone. No new messages. He sat in the sofa chair with a glass of ice water. He went over a few things in his head. Geometry, physics… nothing made sense with this new development of his Virus. She grew during the night, her clothes were constrained and like a prison, instantly uncomfortable as she awoke. Armand noticed none of this. By the time she would waken to theses sensations, he would be hard at work writing out equations, notes and formulas he was sure he had set to rest MONTHS ago, as well as a few alchemic symbols and mystical processes scribed on a large writing tablet.

Horrible

that was the only way to describe the way she felt when Anastasia awoke

she huffed and looked down at her clothes

tears began to stream down her face

besides a photographer she wanted to model as well

and this wouldnt cut it

she instantly felt anger as the tears began to rush and it seemed that

All armand was doing was scribbling about

"Armand!! you better fix this ITS GOING TO RUIN MY LIFE!" she said instantly shooting her anger at him again

"You had NO RIGHT to infect me NEXT TIME YOU SCIENTISTS SHOULD INFECT YOURSELVES!" She scolded rushing towards the bathroom to see how

much bigger she had gotten

this was getting ridiculous

what had she done to deserve this? not a god damned thing.

And thats what made her mad the most

that and the fact that she had never been a morning person, so to wake up to this only made things worst

What she saw was astounding. in the full length mirror, she coudl see every curve in her body had grown. her hips barely fit her tight pants, and her shirt was now hiked up almost to her chest from the massive bulge foormed by her stomach. a small line ran from her belly button down, spliting the pregnant orb ever so gently. it was like having a large furnace embedded in her core.

What the mirror didn't show was were the goo was growing, but even armand did't know the full extent of that yet. Poor ANastasia looked like the octo-mom, and even her chest had begun to grow as well.

Armand sighed and sat down his quillpen. he started to walk towards the bathroom. Anastasia's legs woudl be gettign weak from holdign up all her weight so early after waking up.

"I never thought we'd meet again. I thought i woudl infect the first girl i saw in the park, do a few sudies and... well, observe until i had to interfere. I don't know people anymore anastasia. i certainly don't know women. I've been locked away in a tomb for 200 years for gods sake. it took me a long tiem to figure out why i still woke up everyday. please. relax, It will aggitate the virus. last thing you need is that stuff rumbling around inside you." he sighed. there was genuine concern on his face. he looked at her form and slowly forced the air out of his lungs. "this isnt good. your growing WAY too fast. at this rate you wont be able to walk, let alone fit into those clothes, by the time Jared gets here with the limo..."

Anastasia looked at the boy awkwardly

"This is supposed to be fun?" She said pointing to it.

"I am supposed to relax? then you take it!" She said turning away from him once more

she couldnt help it, she knew he was right...

and maybe the way he took it was the way she shoould

her mother always taught her that if you cant change a situation the best way

is to not get angry it only makes the feelings worst

she sighed and looked at the mirror once more before begining to gather her things

"Okay sorry for yelling at you..but im not sorry for the things I am saying.. all I want to focus on now is getting that cure.."

She mumbled as she checked her phone

19 missed calls from her parents and she ignored each and every voicemail

she didnt want them to see her like this and she could never lie to them

"So... if anyone asks.. your the father of this pretend child" She said with a smirk

any humor right now could make for a substitue of happiness, to keep her own sanity

after all this was crazy, she had met a half vampire, caught a virus, in a hotel with a man she barely knew and was

now looking 6 months pregnant, she had even noticed that eyes were changing colors, colors that couldnt

be conceivable naturally, they were now a tealish violet color..

what was she becomming?

"After this I think you should take me out... I think I deserve a drink"

She considered her humor. In another life she mightve dated this man... he was handsome.

But the fact that he had infected her with a virus.. turned her off.

"You can have one right now if you want/" He chuckled. " I keep a pint of tequila in my suitecase. reposado, the good stuff, smooth and tangy." he smiled

"I'll be the father." he chuckled swiftly, moving out of the way so she could get through. he hadn't noticed her eye color change though.

"My observations over the past couple of hours might astound you." he said, following her into the main room before sitting down with his papers again.

"You've been growing at an excellerated rate since being exposed to the dead grass at the park. now, the rate is SUPPOSED to be an average of one gallon every week. less than quart a day, right?. You're.. ahem. UNIQUE anatomy has seen fit to more than double that to 2 quarts a day." he said matter-of-factly and packed his things aswell. He called the front office to say they were awaiting a limo. he took off his longsleeve shirt and put it on the table, removing a fresh one from his bag. his muscles were toned like a martial arts fighter, but he had broad shoulders and a very strong back.