In another life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kitti

If you could choose to experience life another time from the past but could not predict your financial status in that time period, what time period would you most like to experience?​

I'd have to say either the Napoleonic Wars era, Classical Greece, or during the times of Rome. They're all full of strife and conflict, but not dreadfully so, like in the Dark Ages/Middle Ages. I wouldn't want to die immediately from plague and sickness.

Reactions: Dervish
Can I say the 80s/90s? 8) lemme experience that good shit

1920s??? xD

Reactions: Legens Legentis
Ancient Rome would be neat. Preferably after the Post-Marian reforms so I can go soldiering and retire on a nice plot of land I carved out with my sword arm.

I'm enjoying life in the current era too much to be passionate about going to another one, hehehe

But if I had to choose, I wouldn't go too far into the past. I'd say 1950s, just to see how the current world was shaped from that point on.

Ancient Rome would be neat. Preferably after the Post-Marian reforms so I can go soldiering and retire on a nice plot of land I carved out with my sword arm.
This in all the ways!

Though my second pick would likely be Ancient Greece, Athens. Most likely during the time of the Classical Era.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the 1600s-1700s colonial movement to The New World.

I am incredibly curious as to frontier life and what it would have been like traveling to a land that very few people (well, other than natives) know anything about and establishing a colony there.

I'm going to have to agree with this for my first choice. As for a close second, the '60s :]

• Love
Reactions: Brovo
Ancient Egypt, which wasn't as bad as some people might imagine.
Ancient Rome, the 1920's, 1950's, and 1980's are all close contenders.

Middle East, during the earlier days of Islam.

Reactions: Dervish
Probably the 1600s-1700s colonial movement to The New World.

I am incredibly curious as to frontier life and what it would have been like traveling to a land that very few people (well, other than natives) know anything about and establishing a colony there.
Plus, I'm sure the natives were a terrifying thing that was difficult to wrap one's mind around. "Who are these savages that watch us from afar, who know naught of even the light of God; and who chant late into the night?" Every single day, wondering if the Natives would turn on you, attack you or your family, or destroy the life you have been building for the past several months.

... That fear is understandable, when we disregard our modern interpretations.
I'm going to have to agree with this for my first choice. As for a close second, the '60s :]
This in all the ways!

Though my second pick would likely be Ancient Greece, Athens. Most likely during the time of the Classical Era.
ROMA INVICTA! SONS OF MARS! FIGHT FOR THE DREAM THAT IS ROME!

Plus, I'm sure the natives were a terrifying thing that was difficult to wrap one's mind around. "Who are these savages that watch us from afar, who know naught of even the light of God; and who chant late into the night?" Every single day, wondering if the Natives would turn on you, attack you or your family, or destroy the life you have been building for the past several months.

... That fear is understandable, when we disregard our modern interpretations.

ROMA INVICTA! SONS OF MARS! FIGHT FOR THE DREAM THAT IS ROME!

On the plus side, your spooky campfire stories get so much more intense.

This is a really good question. Especially with the knowledge that I could end up poor as dirt in that time period. Also being female tends to shake up things.

Being a Mongolian woman is kind of sweet. You make all your things, you can pack up your house and leave, you get given your own livestock in adulthood, you can divorce, you can fight, you can even be a shaman. The sheep birthing will be...icky an interesting learning experience for me. I watched All Creatures Great and Small that's gotta count for something, right? No? Probably no. xD

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Ancient Egypt where women were treated equal for the most part.

I'm gonna hang with some neanderthals.

Or, uh, Vikings. So 800s-1000s.

Reactions: Greenie
Status
Not open for further replies.