Impossible Questions

I had the same issue as Viral. I sometimes think about that. Especially when I think about what was before the Big Bang. (And dun say God, because I think scientifically, and everyone says that so, I hit them.)

Well, you don't get something from nothing, so if you go back far enough you must have something that has always been. Is that unscientific?

No, honestly, that's my question, and I'm not being argumentative or...like... contrary. Scientific method is about observation and stuff right? Or is my definition of scientific thinking skewed?

I was debating religion/philosophy/blaaaah with my husband's uncle- it was fun, no one wants to talk about these things any more, and he's fun to debate with cause he's really smart and he doesn't get mad- but for him it turned out it all came down to he didn't to believe in any kind of God entity because it left him accountable for his actions, and he didn't like the thought of that.

Blah, just rambling now.

My question is what exactly is scientific thinking? I like proofs. Is that what it is? Reasoning based on evidence?

AND WHY CAN'T I HAVE MY PUPPY DAMMIT?

No, that's an acceptable answer. And I agree that it is fun to to have religious discussions about stuff like this with people who aren't totally ignorant about the whole thing. Like,
"What came before the big bang?"
"God."
"How?"
"He just did."
"Uh...No..."