Status
Not open for further replies.
Was anything else in your cs on a 'just for the heck of it whim'? You need to think your character through, plan ahead, make an actual character you'll be dedicated to, not 'just a whim'.
Be completely honest with me, did you join on one of these 'whims', or are you actually interested?
Actually interested in this roleplay. I actually retooled a lot of this character's personality, powers and history for this roleplay.

Name: Buras Garethsson

Race: Technically, werewolf.

Role: High security "patient" with a Striker assigned to him for everyone's safety.

Years: 5

Appearance:
61cd6885fbc37d770e4d9091717bcc8e.jpg

Personality: Buras sees himself as the apex predator, and the whole world is his hunting grounds. Everyone he meets is either his next victim or, if they are as strong or heaven forbid stronger then him, his equal. And even then he'll be waiting for a time to strike, rip your throat out, and assert his dominance over you by out right killing you. The pain of experimentation has driven him mad, which is the biggest reason for why he's out hunting everyone

Weapons: He's not allowed weapons. But it's pretty hard to remove his metal claws that have replaced almost the entirety of his fingers without causing some sort of damage.

Powers: Not only is Buras constantly in his animal form, but bio-mechanical and alchemical augmentations increase his strength and senses to make him the perfect predator, or so the one who "blessed" him with these augmentations thought anyways. Bat like ears makes even the softest sound crystal clear to him. A nose that would make any dog jealous able to sniff out even the faintest scent. And the eye sight of a hawk with the ability to see in almost perfect darkness.

Skills:

Buras has become practically numb to all pain. Oh he still feels it, but losing a limb is just a minor annoyance compared to what he suffers through on a daily occurrence. Having tubes connected to your veins and major arteries as well as drilled into his spinal column that constantly feed him a nasty mix of chemicals often leads to large amounts of pain. But because he's lived with this pain for a while now he has grown used to it.

Sometimes the silent hunter is preferred over the strong hunter. Buras is both. If it wasn't for a tracker firmly planted in his spine and at least a Silver ranked Striker watching his every move, he would have disappeared after only a month in the asylum, leaving only a bloody mess as any sign of his visit.

Believe it or not, what with having claws and all, Buras is capable of performing alchemy. More out of necessity then an actual want of knowing. His body has been infused with an alchemical solution that he cannot survive long without if it were to leave his body. The natural process of the body, however, wants it gone. So in order to survive, he figured out how the solution is made so he wasn't chained to his maker like an obedient lap dog.

Special Traits: Buras cannot transform back into his human form, his human half has shriveled up and is only really there for it's intelligence. Even if he wanted to transform back, the machinery on his arms and back wouldn't exactly fit a human.

Negative Traits: Buras is constantly mad to some degree or another, ranging from mildly annoyed to howling at the ceiling and tearing at the walls. The latter of which only really happens for very special occasions and towards very special people.

History and Lore: Buras was once a "regular" man, aside from being a werewolf that is. He was happy with his life, yeah when he got mad he got really mad, but that didn't happen to often. However, a certain alchemist saw one of his outbursts and saw results. At the time all Buras knew was that the man was an alchemist, but he never expected to find out first hand what the alchemists experiments were.

One night he fell asleep in his bed, and the next morning he was bound in the air with chains. That was when his nightmare began. See, the alchemist was trying to create the apex predator. It was a sick and twisted goal, one that was meant to kill as many people as possible. Buras was planned to be a weapon. But Buras' current state was flawed, it certainly had a helping hand thanks to his lycanthropy, but it could still be so much better.

His body was pumped full of chemicals down to his bone marrow, a painful process to undergo let alone prepare for. These chemicals had a good effect, but wasn't enough. The solution was refined, concentrated, and pumped into the subject at longer intervals and in a higher volume. The results were optimal, but could only be sustained for as long as the solution was actively being pumped into the subjects system. If the solution were to leave the subject, the results would be lost, and the subject would have to undergo the process once more. The alchemist then devised a system to store the and administer the solution even once the subject was no longer confined to the lab. Thus the subjects arms was all but replaced with what they are now, and even improved upon slightly. And the finishing piece would be the large pump that sits on his back.

The testing was done, and it was everything the alchemist was hoping for. Buras was no longer a simple lycan, he was now the apex predator. Truth be told some of his lycan features were lost, such as the elongated ears and the development of almost tusks. But the base material had been lycan, and the majority of that base still shown through. The subject should be glad that he is now this improved being. Buras, on the other hand, wasn't glad. He was very, very angry. And as soon as the alchemist removed the restraints of his pride and joy, his face was peeled off his skull, his limbs ripped off, and disemboweled. Once the alchemist was killed, his lab was destroyed in the carnage, only one thing being spared. A piece of paper with ingredients and numbers written on it.

Though he had killed the one that had made him and escaped, Buras was not entirely free. He had been conditioned to hunt and kill, and he couldn't help but do just that. And his anger, once thought to be quenched in the blood of that alchemist, blazed brighter with each being he killed. It was a self enforcing loop, you see. He was mad, so he killed things. And once he killed things, he got angrier because that alchemist had, in the end, won. He became a true terror, one that had to be contained. That was when the Asylum stepped in.

Now he is a "patient". If conditioning could make him the monster that he is now, then perhaps it would be conditioning that'd cure him as well. But it seems the process of turning him back is a long one, and met with only partial success. They could do nothing about his dependency on the solution, or the fact that he cannot return to his human form because of that dependency. A partial success at rehabilitation will be the best thing they can do, and Buras is fighting them tooth and nail with everything he has left. He will not remain a prisoner again, even if they want to help him this time.

Theme Song:

Race: Werewolves, or Lycanthropes, are a type of were-species that strongly resemble a canine in both their human and beast form. Normally hunting in packs of two or three, some packs have numbered in the tens. The myth of only silver bullets working on them is a myth, being shot works on just about anyone. As well as the myth about wolfsbane, which is poisonous. Werewolves, like other were-creatures, can control their transformation and beast selves to some extent. The exceptions being a full moon, where they are forced to change, and the blood moon, where they both transform and lose their humanity for the night.

Misc: Yes, I did base him off of Warwick from League of Legends. What? I like the idea. And someone has to be an outright "bad" guy.​

Last edited:
Then might I ask you to prove it to me?
Look at Salty's and Mundane's character sheets, specifically the skills section. The skills aren't random, nor are they just saying what the skills are, they give reasons for the skills, tell you what the skills are exactly.

Could you possibly do something similar? I'm not expecting anything like Salty's or Mundy's forms, but I would really appreciate it if you actually had reasons for the skills, so they don't seem like random whims.

Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
Then might I ask you to prove it to me?
Look at Salty's and Mundane's character sheets, specifically the skills section. The skills aren't random, nor are they just saying what the skills are, they give reasons for the skills, tell you what the skills are exactly.

Could you possibly do something similar? I'm not expecting anything like Salty's or Mundy's forms, but I would really appreciate it if you actually had reasons for the skills, so they don't seem like random whims.
Done for each of the skills. Explained why crawling is on there, added drawing.

Thank you. =^.^=

Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Beowulf @Hemofnoize @YuriLucien @daird @T _ T Salty @Mundane Monster @Daz

I have a couple things to say

First off, this is a warning, as this is an Asylum rp, regardless of the nature of the Asylum, not everyone's backstory will be 'light hearted', in fact, Salty's is terrifyingly dark, mine will be darker as well. If you do not like to read dark stuff, I advise you back out, as the rp is not meant to be light hearted. It's not a redstar roleplay, because there isn't going to be sex themes, but it isn't a childs roleplay either, there WILL be dark themes in the rp as well. Just a warning, so nobody can say they didn't know when such themes pop up.

Secondly, this is another warning, I'm bound to offend some of you with my words. I say things, and I don't much care if they hurt somebodies feelings. I apologize now for any offending I may do in the future, but do know I mean everything I say, regardless of how you feel about it, and I refuse to apologize for speaking my mind. I'm truly sorry if it offends you, but deal with it =^.^=

Next, Beo, Salty, and Mundy are excluded from this one, as is Daz seeings as they just popped in, but a few of you have yet to join the discord server, if there is a specific reason as to this, please PM me so I know why, there are important things in the server, and it would be beneficial for you all to join.

And finally, this is only to Dai, I don't know if you've checked in here yet, but I do know you were online, I'm only going to give you till the end of tomorrow to fix your character. Why such a small time-frame? Because I'm not sure you'll be suited to the rp in the first place. I'm not just going to reject you because of my opinion though, so if you fix your form by tomorrow, then I shall allow you to join, if not then I'm afraid you'll be rejected. Also, a major issue I forgot to alert you to on my review of your cs is the age. This roleplay's setting is an asylum, it's no place for a child. I don't give a shit if they 'look like an adult', if they act like a kid, if are not above the legal age. I'm sorry, but try using the thing in your head called a brain, an asylum is no place for a fucking child.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Beowulf @Hemofnoize @YuriLucien @daird @T _ T Salty @Mundane Monster @Daz

I have a couple things to say

First off, this is a warning, as this is an Asylum rp, regardless of the nature of the Asylum, not everyone's backstory will be 'light hearted', in fact, Salty's is terrifyingly dark, mine will be darker as well. If you do not like to read dark stuff, I advise you back out, as the rp is not meant to be light hearted. It's not a redstar roleplay, because there isn't going to be sex themes, but it isn't a childs roleplay either, there WILL be dark themes in the rp as well. Just a warning, so nobody can say they didn't know when such themes pop up.

Secondly, this is another warning, I'm bound to offend some of you with my words. I say things, and I don't much care if they hurt somebodies feelings. I apologize now for any offending I may do in the future, but do know I mean everything I say, regardless of how you feel about it, and I refuse to apologize for speaking my mind. I'm truly sorry if it offends you, but deal with it =^.^=

Next, Beo, Salty, and Mundy are excluded from this one, as is Daz seeings as they just popped in, but a few of you have yet to join the discord server, if there is a specific reason as to this, please PM me so I know why, there are important things in the server, and it would be beneficial for you all to join.

And finally, this is only to Dai, I don't know if you've checked in here yet, but I do know you were online, I'm only going to give you till the end of tomorrow to fix your character. Why such a small time-frame? Because I'm not sure you'll be suited to the rp in the first place. I'm not just going to reject you because of my opinion though, so if you fix your form by tomorrow, then I shall allow you to join, if not then I'm afraid you'll be rejected. Also, a major issue I forgot to alert you to on my review of your cs is the age. This roleplay's setting is an asylum, it's no place for a child. I don't give a shit if they 'look like an adult', if they act like a kid, if are not above the legal age. I'm sorry, but try using the thing in your head called a brain, an asylum is no place for a fucking child.
Ooo, the darker the better. <3 I shall embellish on Kahina's abusive history as a slave in both Africa and America, and all the disgusting things she's done. I love being mean. And I'll check out Discord. :3

I've decided not to submit a CD or join this roleplay. While it looks interesting and I'd like to pour time into it, I can only join so many RPs, and I'd prefer to to join a lighter RP (one with less heavy themes and requiring less time) right now. It's a shame because I rarely see RPs which seriously deal with dark themes like this one, but I don't think it's best for me right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has this begun yet? I love the idea and would like to join if possible!

Kahina's fleshed out history is in the making. :3 Also, how "to the book" are we going with the monsters? A werewolf cannot be killed by being stabbed by the heart, and neither a Vodun. I don't care about immortality. But to flesh her out, I have to know how strict we are to the lore. <3 Are we ignoring certain traits so the battles go smoother?

And I love that Salty used Bad Apple! Such a brilliant song! <3

Kahina's fleshed out history is in the making. :3 Also, how "to the book" are we going with the monsters? A werewolf cannot be killed by being stabbed by the heart, and neither a Vodun. I don't care about immortality. But to flesh her out, I have to know how strict we are to the lore. <3 Are we ignoring certain traits so the battles look smoother? I hope a werewolf cannot be killed so easily. :/

Rune is blind

-Rune can be shot

-He can be run over

-He can be ripped in half

-He can be pummeled to death

Point being Rune is an all powerful, near demonic to angel power level psychic. Yet, he could die quickly.

Rune is blind

-Rune can be shot

-He can be run over

-He can be ripped in half

-He can be pummeled to death

Point being Rune is an all powerful, near demonic to angel power level psychic. Yet, he could die quickly.
Oh, no, that's not my question. I just have to know how precise I need to keep the lore. :3 Like I said, I don't care about immortality or all that fun stuff. I just need to know to flesh out my monster.

Also, glad you apped another male. I was planning on doing so myself. XD Just have to decide on the creature...

Lore is different in this world than the real world.

Where in the real world a werewolf can only be harmed by silver, they can be killed just as easily as anything else, being stabbed through the heart, shot in a vital spot.

Essentially, any lore that makes a creature have any aspect of immortality in any way other than age is to be changed or ignored completely. I don't care much if a creature has more armored skin and is harder to pierce, but essentially everything can be killed the same ways, it may be harder to apply those methods to certain creatures, but it can be applied to any creature in one way or another.

Lore is different in this world than the real world.

Where in the real world a werewolf can only be harmed by silver, they can be killed just as easily as anything else, being stabbed through the heart, shot in a vital spot.

Essentially, any lore that makes a creature have any aspect of immortality in any way other than age is to be changed or ignored completely. I don't care much if a creature has more armored skin and is harder to pierce, but essentially everything can be killed the same ways, it may be harder to apply those methods to certain creatures, but it can be applied to any creature in one way or another.
Thanks! Just needed to know! <3 I can flesh my monster out much better now.

Also, glad you apped another male. I was planning on doing so myself. XD Just have to decide on the creature...

My modern druid alchemist Jekyll and Hyde. Heheehe. Yeah.

My modern druid alchemist Jekyll and Hyde. Heheehe. Yeah.
Sooo awesome! <3 I love him. I am thinking of apping a male. Just not sure what particular monster. Too many great choices. I'm thinking an Onboozu. XD Uggh, it's an anti-god... I'll keep plotting.

Sooo awesome! <3 I love him. I am thinking of apping a male. Just not sure what particular monster. Too many great choices. I'm thinking an Onboozu. XD Uggh, it's an anti-god... I'll keep plotting.

I'm loving him too.

I discovered he's sort of a hippie and doesn't like when people throw out his bottles because he recycles and uses them for potions

Status
Not open for further replies.