Status
Not open for further replies.
The detail is great it really is, but might I request something?

Elves don't use dark arts, they are connected to nature, and their magic resembles such. So, could you maybe elaborate on how he learned it, why did he learn it, what forced him to such an extreme to use it.

Elves don't use dark arts, they are connected to nature, and their magic resembles such. So, could you maybe elaborate on how he learned it, why did he learn it, what forced him to such an extreme to use it.
Sure, I can do that.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Runic "Rune"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Race: Human [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: Appears 28[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Role: NA[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Years: 15 [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Don't judge a book by it's cover. Well I cannot judge a book by it's cover, but I digress. I may appear weak. You don't want to be on my poor side. I don't have the time to deal with you"[/BCOLOR]​

Skyedit_zps9wxzluzh.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Haunting. He stared at you hauntingly. His skin was a snowy white complexion. And his eyes were as dead as frost. He was thin, with narrowed facial features. He had no musculature that you could determine. His features narrow, thin, and bone like fingers reached out from the ground. He emerged from the underneath the coffee table like liquid. As if he had no bones. Twisting. Bending. Contorting. Till he was sitting across from you staring at you. But past you. With a clever and malicious smile in the glint of his frosty eyes. While his face remained still and ghost like. He was deadpan with no expression. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I was told you have been here the longest"[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You were told correctly"[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]"How old are you?"[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]"15 years"[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]"What?"[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That's how long I been here?"[/BCOLOR]​

Skyedit4_zps4n5pttay.jpg
[BCOLOR=transparent]His voice like winter. Like snow had gripped you. His tone was like grasping at the strands of death. It was hoarse, and kind of rasp. He spoke in a ghost like phantom whispering. That felt shadows extending on walls. It surrounded you. Captivated and held you in its vocal cadence. [/BCOLOR]

Skyedit2_zpsodq6x1ir.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Most did not see him go without his red, and black striped hoodie. Choosing to wear it over his shirts. He's never seen without his hoodie. Though he doesn't wear his hood. His hair is a ball of raven, jet black hair tangled in a knotted mess that takes ages to comb through. Most don't bother to do so after a while. The last helper told him he could keep his birds nest. Often in cargo pants. Tends to wear flat shoes like converse to crawl in.He didn't seem to care much. At full height, but let's face it who sees him at full height most days he's 5'5". [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Comfortably neutral, Rune is not necessarily the type of person to willfully throw his views into someone's face. Honestly he could care less whether or not someone believes this or that. A natural ambivert, he can be sociably social one day and the next day he may be retreating into some kind of personal reclusive bubble. He flows between the states of neutrality in his life and often sort of appears to be the type of person to let live and let go.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Everything naturally flows off of Rune, with a naturally long fuse. It takes a long time to make Rune blow up. Though while he is not temperamental and is not a turbulent individual filled with worries and anxieties. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what sets Rune off because he doesn't come off as someone who lets his emotions get the best of him or his worries or his fears. And since most things slide ride off of him, like he's a cool, cunning, fox, it's hard to determine Rune's states.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The best way to describe this nature seems to be fickle. Since he ebs and flows, lives life in a comfortably gray zone of morality. He comes off as a sociopath. With a complex moral, and ethical code that he only understands and few can enter his point of view. Rune lacks the remorse or regret or even guilt that some people would have. Because he makes decisions on a skewed judging compass. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He's not entirely a psychopath because he does have morality. You just have to hope the morality he has and the code of ethics, determines you something worth him caring about. Otherwise you may be on the receiving end of his displeasure rather than his careful consideration. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It's best put in the phrase; Rune is not a pet you so can easily tame. Nor is he a person so easily obtained by one individual. He isn't insane. He isn't sane. He lives somewhere between the two. He is the unknowable void.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Aloof. Fickle. With a lack of empathy that at times impairs his relationships with others. It's hard to know whether or not to trust him. Even when he makes it so damn easy to like him. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weapons: NA[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Powers:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]High Level Psychic [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It's not necessarily surprising that Rune has an unnatural gift. Exceptionally powerful and exceptionally exceptional. It's hard to pinpoint at times whether or not Rune is a human with a gift. Or if he is something else entirely. For the most part Rune's natural gifts come in the form of being a highly gifted and powerful Telepath.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Except that Rune is not entirely the type of Telepath to read minds. Well not necessarily in the way they show you in the movies or the books. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Rune doesn't read your mind. Instead he is what the industry calls a Hijacker. Rune is highly perceptive of Sensory information of another person's brains. Not their thoughts. But he can perceive as a Highly Powerful Clairvoyant, what parts of a person's brain are activated. Then Hijack that sensory information for himself.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This means that Rune can detect what parts of your brain are activating and be able to link up his brain waves through an empathic telepathic bond known as Sensory Scrying to view what you view. He can "sense" or "see" the parts of your brain that light up for memory, or maybe for taste or sight, or your next thought of words, or what you're looking at.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Scrambled [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Rune is also so powerful that his own psychic aura wraps around him like a passive shield or blanket. Which makes it hard for those to detect him or physically see him. While you may see Rune when standing face to face, you may have a hard time recalling what he looks like in your memories. He appears like those blocked out people in those crime shows. With the pixelated faces and modified voices. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Whatever it is something about Rune's own aura scrambles information about him. Whether or not that's details about his thoughts in the brain. Or what he looks like physically in person. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Psychic Flow [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Rune moves with fluidity, speed and grace. He moves like he isn't really moving through this plane and perhaps he isn't. As he walks or crawls through his own psychic aura, like a psychic tunnel. It creates a rather interesting illusionary effect as he comes out of a dress drawer. Almost inking out of the drawer, limb at a time, like some broken limp dog. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Retarded Aging[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Affected by his own psychic plane, Rune ages at a much slower rate. While he appears in his mid to late twenties now. The truth is that he's surprisingly older than he looks at 41, he ages at a slow and ridiculous rate. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Enhanced Biology[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Not only does he age slow. He has an enhanced biology that is unaffected by the cell death we experience. Even if he ages slowly. And his age hasn't caught up to him in the long run it wouldn't matter. Because his physical body will always remain in its prime around 24 to 25. [/BCOLOR]

Blinking Movement <---click me I am a link

[BCOLOR=transparent]It's not that he teleports or moves with any speed. He just sort of moves within a matter of seconds as you blink. One minute he's there. Next minute he's sitting on a desk "staring" at you with those creepy blind eyes.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Emotional outburst, more so when he was a kid. Make his psychic powers fluctuate depending on the situation. Distress shatter things. Fear may make lights blink. But it has to be significant high emotions.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]While his abilities do not have certain drawbacks to them. It should be noted if another powerful enough psychic or mental based creature can sense his scrying abilities, even if Rune does it naturally without focus required, they can boot Rune out. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He also cannot get past powerful enough mental screening. The ability of sensing someone's brain activation and the reading are separate. So while he could still effectively understand what part of the brain is activated. He could not read their brain if someone has a screen. He can still know which part of the brain is activated. He couldn't hijack it though.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And while his abilities in use do not have drawbacks, most of them are passive and more like instinctual to him. His brain can be overloaded like a computer. Smart mental based creatures or other psychics may try to overload his brain with too much information at once. Which can lead to a splitting headache and going unconscious at worse.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Skills:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Contortionist [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]All though it's not something he necessarily taught himself. As it's something that comes naturally to him. Since he was very young, he has found himself able to squeeze through some pretty small things and also being able to pop his joints in different ways. Only thing he has to worry about is probably dislocating something. The smallest object he has stopped himself is a medium size suitcase, because suitcases aren't meant for people and they have that uncomfortable bar in their spine and he doesn't like the way it necessarily feels.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Navigator[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Though not in your typical sense of navigation. He's not pulling out a map and reading you the directions. And he isn't going to be able to tell you which street is which by name. But being blind his whole life, he's had to learn to navigate the world in his own special way. It seems the skill has worked out for him, as he is able to adjust to new environments a bit better. Especially if he's allowed to crawl through the environment. While he doesn't have exceptional other senses, he navigates by the way the world feels and correlates to his psychic sense. He still can't see see though.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Intimidation [Horror Effect][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]How does a blind man intimidate the seeing man? Clearly you crawl out of the kitchen knife drawer, with a knife in your hands, and crawl onto the counter in a matter of seconds. Moving like a fluid like jellyfish. Your water like movements surely have them running or soiling their pants. Or one time they pissed their pants and began to cry in fetal position. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Special Traits:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Poltergeist - While it's known that Rune moves with fluidity and speed. There's something unusual about his movements, it almost seems like he glides through his environment than just crawls around like an animal. His movements are animated by a blur effect [< click for blur] when he is moving with speed. Like he is not entirely made solid. Though that may just be an effect of the use of his power and way his psychic aura influences his presence.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Negative Traits:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weakened Immune System[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]If you ever get this far in your relationship with Rune. Take it to heart. It means he's respects you enough to tell you something about himself. The few marks on Rune's skins are scars from a past that cannot quite likely be corrected. It involved a lot of experimental drugs to enhance his already enhanced state. The side effects clearly were no interest of those who harmfully misused him and his gifts. And his mother's gifts as well. While Rune may have an enhanced biology and retarded aging it doesn't mean he isn't entirely immune to diseases. Instead Rune catches them more quickly and it wrecks his system every time it does. While he doesn't have to live in a bubble, he has to be careful around those who are ill. Even the most common cold could send him a trip into the hospital instead depending on the strain. If it's something he has past before, it just weakens him significantly. If it's a strain he isn't impaired immune to, it can ravage him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Blind[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And there's no way of getting around this. There is no Daredevil echolocation. There is no stealing the sights of others all the time to see around the world. There is just blind. A void. Not white. Not black. Just looking into the abyss.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]*Cheshire Cunning [Fancy way of saying troll or griefer][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Let's face it, Rune doesn't like to have a conversation he doesn't want to have. So you better have a conversation he wants to have. Or else he feels the need to grief and troll you instead. To steer the question in what he considers a more acceptable matter. He often likes to pick on the gullible, the naive, and the idiotic. Through bizarre statements, witty comebacks, and sheer talkative annoyance. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]History and Lore: [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]My name is Amber Sutton [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I am [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]22 years old[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]23 years old [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]26 years old [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]My name is Amber Sutton [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]My name is Amber Sutton[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]I am 24 years ol[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]I am 25 years old[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]There's a baby inside of me[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]He's not my baby[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I want him out of me[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]My name is Amber Sutton[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]My name is Amber[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]My name is Amber[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Don't let me forget [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Don't let me forget[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]I want My name is[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I am Amber[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]There's a Baby Inside[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He's not my baby[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]His hands are Inside of me[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]My name Is Su[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]My name is [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Words scratched into the walls like memories that flash as life passes through a tunnel. Bright lights. Memories and drugs. As you convulse on the medical table. Staring into sterile white lights. These are not the lights of heaven. These are not the faces of angels. These are not the faces of your loved ones. These were chances and opportunities missed and passed. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A baby born on December 19th, 1975. It was cold. It was wet. It was painful. It was rot. It was soil. It was a product of rape. He was inside of her. She didn't want him to be. His lips so hot. He died. There was so much blood. Like there was so much blood on the floor. Crimson. She raised her hands.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"My baby" she called out through cracked lips.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Intoxicated. Induced. Delerium. She raises her hand again. Tears mixed cocktail of blurry states. Drugs. And tears. As the lights of the medical table blinded her. Teary eyes. Blinded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"My baby," [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Give me my baby,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]There is wailing. Horrible moaning. Banshee crying. A baby's breaths echo in the room. A mother's cries lament with the sounds of her baby. She never wanted him. Not until now. Now he was a part of her.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"WHY WON'T YOU LET ME SEE HIM!" she screams.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Get her under control,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No, no, no, don't put me to sleep,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She wrestles. Side to side. Trying push them off of her. Too weak to fight back. She merely echoes. Repeats. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Let me see him. Let me see him. Let me see him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]**[/BCOLOR]​
[BCOLOR=transparent]December 29th, 1975[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Journal Entry [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]23, 29, 50,[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] 62[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I was able to see him today. He can't see me though. I heard the doctors whispering, they wanted to get rid of him. But they think he'll die like the others. That's what I hear. These walls. They speak. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ammmmmmmmma……….[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A woman is sitting on a single metal bed. In a small corner room, with no windows. She looks around nervously as she sits with a journal in her lap. Her hair is long, and black. Mostly dead ends though. But she cries and bites and digs her nails into them every time they try to cut her hair. Her skin is pale. She looks like the ghost of a woman at this point and no longer the bright intelligent girl who wanted to go to college and had built a future for herself. All those dreams about weddings and getting married to a cute guy. With cute kids and a good degree. Stolen from her. She was whispering under her breath. And the nurse, Magda wondered if this was even a good idea. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]What if she bit the baby. Swaddled in a blue blanket. There were 255 of these freaks. Some no longer evening running around in this facility. Before 255, there were 54 others. Only 11, including him, had even survive the first stages of life. And she wasn't sure how they would fair in other experiments. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Amanda Sutton was a latecomer in the game. There were the first hundred applicants, who were then chosen and selected to breed. To create the second one hundred. Nearly 80 made it and they needed 20 new faces off the streets. So, that's where they went. People were gullible and desperate for money. Clinical trials here meant a lifetime of imprisonment until you want completely nuts. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]When you were too old for usefulness. They were admitted upstairs to Meadview Asylum. Truth be told Magda thought them gambling on a man's license was the most unethical thing about this whole situation. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Amanda," she called out sweetly. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Amanda looked at her, but scribbled something out of her journal. Of course she did. Magda walked over to her.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Would you like to hold your baby?" Magda asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"My baby, my baby," Amanda repeated, already stretching out her hands like some delerious toddler. They did have her doped on a lot of drugs after her last outburst though. Magda handed her 255.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Be gentle, he's very fragile," Magda told her.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Amanda held the baby close to her breast. Magda wanted to smile, though she was still on edge. There were security guards at Amanda's door if she needed to be sedated in some way. Instead Magda flinched when she heard Amanda began to wail and sob at the same time.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"MY BABY!" Amanda began to cry.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yes, he's here in your arms,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"MY BABY!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yes, he's right there,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Magda meant to help Amanda hold the newborn properly but the woman pulled back desperately.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You can't take him!" Amanda shouted.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This was what was she was afraid of. The subjects could never properly behave in these circumstances.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I need you to calm down, or else you hurt him,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Magda was already snapping her fingers for the guards to come in. They weren't necessarily guards. They just often had well built staff members, meant to handle the patients more physical if needed be. They were already getting the needle ready.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"NO! [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]No! I'll behave! [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]I'll be quiet. Let me keep him![/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Amanda was sobbing fat. Wet tears. Rolling on the baby's face. Who seemed to be sleeping through this. She was afraid with all of Amanda's rocking, shifting in the sheets. Fabric moving from one side to the next. Babe close to her breast. Tears soaking into his blanket. Squeezing so tight. Not letting go.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"We will come back when you seem more at rest," Magda told her. Needle through the vein. Liquid going in. Running into the bloodstream. It take a moment for it to hit. Trying hard not to wrestle the baby out of her arms. Else they'd hurt the child.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]My baby is so warm[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]My baby is so soft[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]My baby is so quiet[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]My baby is like a doll[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]I want to dress my baby up[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I want to hold him so tight in my arms[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]I love my baby [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]My baby so tender[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]My baby so sweet[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I want to hold my baby so tightly to my breast[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]My baby doesn't cry[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]My baby doesn't wail[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Goes right to sleep when I sing[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]"And the dolls works?" asked one of the doctors.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Henrik looked over to the younger doctor. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"She doesn't seem to notice the difference anyway," Henrik responded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Aren't you worried that will harm the baby, these are crucial times, being paired with his mother is what's important,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Doctor Wight, she is clearly unstable mentally, the baby would be harmed either way. This way she can keep her baby and this way we can pair with a more suitable surrogate,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"She's only unstable because of the amount of drugs she's on. When's the last time any of them have seen sunlight? Fresh air?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Doctor Wight, it's best you do not question the practices of this facility. It is also best you do not go to the police. I know the chief of medicine knows some very powerful people and it be sad if we had to pull out the contacts for a doctor such as yourself to lose everything. Your license, after they discovered your unethical experiments under Meadview Asylum. Your family, as they drift away from their criminal son. So on and so forth,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"So you knows these methods are unethical. And yet?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"And yet, we perform them for the adequate development of psychic humans. We're here to create super soldiers."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yeah super soldiers so far removed from their humanity they won't do much for the way of human enrichment,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Henrik, for being in his late fifties, moved swiftly. With a blade up to Wight's neck. There was a whiff of tobacco on Henrik's breath from chew, and a hint of whiskey. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You question what we do here one more time, and I fucking cut open your neck then blame it on one of the patients. You do what we say here or else you die here. Buried here. Do you understand me Dr. Wight?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Was there cabin fever in Henrik's eyes? All this paranoia and suspicion. Distrust. Dr. Wight swallowed his saliva hard and slowly nodded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yes," Dr. Wight responded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Since you're concerned for 255, go find a suitable surrogate out of the group,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This was not the advancement of science and understanding human evolution as he knew it. Wight was staring with pale blue eyes at a child with frosted over eyes. He had seen blind children before in the labor wards back at Saint Mercy's Hospital. But not like 255. Felt strange to call a barely born child by a number. 255's eyes were like jewels. They were perfectly frosted over like made from some kind of gem of ice. He could already tell the child shared common features with his mother Amanda. He heard Amanda had killed the father after the whole deal. And he hadn't exactly blame her for doing so. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This place was hell. He had never been a man of religion, but if he had to name one place hell. It would be here. People were locked up and caged like zoo animals. They were called by numbers and there was a cold, distant connection. He understood the purpose now, psychic super soldiers. But they'd have the same problem their soldiers already did. This far removal from empathy. From being human.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The baby was unusual quiet. It was disturbing. It was looking through him. He had never been a man of spiritual religion either, but it felt like the child was looking through some kind of soul. He decided the most suitable surrogate was 218. A woman he started to call Loralee. For the sake of not calling people numbers on a piece of paper.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Loralee was selectively mute. He was sure it was more because of the trauma of this place. She too had black hair, though there were differences between Amanda and Loralee. Loralee was haunting in a whole different way. Her gaze felt like she was determining the different ways she could kill him. Though Wight chose to show kindness to them. Rather than ruthlessness and detachment.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Loralee," he called out to her. She turned to him. Her eyes already fixated on the baby. He could see she was excited. He knew she had been traumatized before. During a miscarriage. And the unwanting implantation of her first child. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He smiled at her.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Child," Loralee whispered.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yes," Wight smiled, "He needs a mother. I know this can be very hard for you. Considering you lost yours. But would you like to hold him? You don't need to make a decision now. But you can hold him."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She placed out her hands. Her skin was also very snow white. Wight may have mistaken her albino like skin to have been the skin of some corpse. The reality was no one here was getting enough sunlight. They were malnourished. He noticed the needle marks. The bruising on her arms from being tied down. But he walked to her putting the child into her hands.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"There you go see," Wight told her, "He doesn't have a name. Perhaps you'd like to call him something." Loralee looked at him. She seemed rather excited to be holding the child. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I don't know any," Loralee whispered to him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That's okay," Wight told her.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You give him. Like you gave me," Loralee responded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"A name, for him, huh. You'll let me think on it?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Okay," Loralee nodded her head, "He's mine?"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well only if you want him," Wight told her, "Don't feel like you're force into it."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Watching from a double sided mirror, Loralee was dressing 255. She had really adjusted to motherhood well. The only complaints was she was territorial. Only let a few doctors near her and the baby. They were afraid she would harm them in some way. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As she had done so before in the past with her abilities. He took note of the faces of the doctors watching her. Some look miserable, melancholy and paranoia. Others look impressed like they were watching some kind of animal adjust to a new living condition. While others didn't seem to moved by it. Henrik had put in some chew in his mouth and glowered at him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"218 looks positively happy," one of the Doctors Lizbeth told him. Patting him on the shoulder. She nodded proudly, "She really adjusted to motherhood very quickly."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I don't know, doesn't it show favoritism," Henrik barked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Excuse me?" Lizbeth asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Another Doctor Eric, who looked more like a bodybuilder, cool hip dude than a doctor began to nod.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yeah didn't you start calling her by a name, Coral," [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Loralee," Wight responded unapologetically.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Out of all the woman you chose, you chose Loralee," Henrik barked, "Why? I demand an answer."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Behavior. She has the least write ups and more doctors have in the past been able to work with her. I call her by a name because she's a person. It helps to treat them like a person," [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Henrik slammed his hand onto the wall.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I've fucking told you! These are not people! You were not suppose to get close to them. Now she has a baby and it makes the others jealous that you're giving special treatment,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"There is no special treatment!" Wight finally lost his temper, "I have given everyone in my ward the same god damn treatment. The baby has black hair. She has black hair. The few differences that there are all facial, but can be chalked up to taking on the father's appearance. Now let me do my job Henrik the way I do my job."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You little brat, you're the newest doctor here, we took you when the first fifty were being born and you keep going against protocol," Henrik sneered.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Because your protocol doesn't work!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Maybe we should calm down," Lizbeth responded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That's it," Henrik turned on his heels and stormed out of the viewing room. Wight pushed pass Lizbeth and started to follow Henrik as he began to open the security passage into the room with Loralee.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Don't you take her baby from her," Wight told Henrik. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Watch me correct your failure,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It's going to work this time Henrik, it's going to work. Because I didn't follow protocol. She loves that child. They'll bond well. At least for the few years you need her. But don't take him away right now,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Henrik opened the door. Before Wight could grab the door handle. It was slammed shut. He heard the sound of the security pad. He had locked it with the failsafe lock from the inside. Wight ran back into the viewing room. While other Doctors were murmuring. They were looking at him, but Henrik as well.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Wight turned on the speaker so they could listen in the room. He also turned on the intercom.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Henrik I am begging you, this will be the last mistake of your career," Wight spoke through the intercom, "Loralee. He'll take him away from you. You understand this."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She had slowly fastened the button without a panic or a hurry. She simply looked up at Henrik.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I love this baby," she pleaded quietly.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well it's not about love in this facility," Henrik told her. Though Wight was surprised it was the first time she had spoken to Henrik.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Wight looked at the other Doctors, he understood what this meant. Even if they didn't. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"If you don't want to watch this close your eyes," Wight told them. Yet, he continued to view into the room. Oh Loralee. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yes, I see. You have no love," Loralee responded. Henrik moved to shove her out of the way and take 255. Except that didn't exactly happen. As Wight and the few others fixated on the scene, watched as Henrik began to unravel at fleshy seems. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sinewy bits of ligament and muscle beginning to tear away from skin and flesh. Bone began to be exposed at the joint. Until all the tearing pressure, came into one final explosion of vermillion, bits of bone, brain matter, sinewy muscle, a part of the jaw, splattered across the room. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Some Doctors gasped. Wight knew it was coming.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Mister Wight, I protected my baby," Loralee spoke to the sky.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I saw that," Wight responded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Am I good?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yes, you won't get in trouble," Wight told her, "You did good."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]He turned around to the other doctors. Who all seemed frightened, some seem fascinated, others puking in trash bins.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"See that!" Wight pointed to the bloody covered window and pieces of Henrik scattered across the room, "Anyone tries to take 255 from Loralee will end up like that. She has my permission. No one takes 255 from her. No one. Do I make myself clear?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]No one said anything. Silence was the answer he needed.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Years passed from that incident. Time to move ever so slow here. Like this place was devoid of reality. Like reality and this world were of two different dimensions. There were the hallucinations. The shadows. The lament of woman. The hard labor of children who didn't make it much stillbirths or miscarriages. The bloody sheets. The bright lights. The bright halls. The chilly AC. The looking over your back. The demons in the minds of the others. The drugs. The suspicion. The paranoia. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Had to protect you work.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Had to protect your mind.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Had to protect your patients.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Had to protect your integrity.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Henrik Roderick Smith, August 8th, 1975[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]June 12th, 1980 - 5 Years Later[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was hard to admit the child sitting across from her was actually a five year old child. Considering the boy only looked about three. He was small, with raven black hair. It even had the sheen a bird's feathers might have. With almost blueish, charcoal gray highlights, reflected off the medical lights. Beaming directly down onto the metal table. It was his eyes that terrified her. His eyes were frosted. They weren't eyes you'd see a blind person to have.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]No his eyes seemed more like pieces of iced jewels that were jammed into the sockets. He lacked pupils. They shined and sheened in the lights. Dazzling and hypnotically charming. It felt like his eyes drew you in with a haunting, ghost like stare. His eyes didn't blink. And because he wasn't use to look his eyes never moved.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Holding a card up to her eyes, it was a picture of a clover. They had gone over ten pictures, only five more. He had gotten everyone of them right. Which terrified her. It felt like he was probing her. Or like he was already inside her mind. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That's a clover," he responded stiffly.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"You are once again correct!" she cheered with a smile. If Caroline pretended to be happy. Would the child not harm her or kill her? She was worried about these things.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She grabbed another card, it was a picture of a house.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Mommy hurt you before I did," he told her, "That's a house."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]How did? Could he read her mind? Was she dealing with a telepath? Why hadn't anyone told her? She wanted out of this room. But Wight told her, that 255 did better with women in the room, then men. The only man she had ever seen 255 interact with was Wight. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Picking up another card it was a star.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That's a star," he replied.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That's also correct, we only have three more do you want to stop for today?" Caroline asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You're not very honest," 255 told her, "But that's fine. I don't want to do this anyway. It's boring."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Caroline tried to smile knowing the boy couldn't see it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I can feel your lips moving," 255 continued, "Cause I am still inside your mind a little. You can't lie to me with a smile. I can't see it." The boy smiled and laughed at his own joke. "You're not very honest about how you feel. I know you're scared of me."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She got up from the chair quickly. It toppled over onto the floor. Making a loud noise that made the boy flinch. He turned his head towards the direction of the sound, but she ran to the door. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Let me out of here!" Caroline began to whimper at the door. She was sobbing. Caroline had pride herself on being a clever and intelligent woman all her life. But all she felt right now was like she was trapped. Trapped and enclosed she needed out. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She couldn't breathe. She began to panic. Her heart racing, she was pounding on the door. Practically screaming and sobbing. And the boy didn't move. Just watched her with a look like she was the one who was crazy. When the door did open by the security. She pushed past them and ran out down the hall. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Running into the bathroom. She leaned over the sink. Beginning to splash water on her face and trying to come herself down.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You're okay Caroline, you're okay," she kept trying to calm herself down.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Later that day, Caroline was walking down a hallway to the head's office. The name tag use to read Henrik Roderick Smith. But now a piece of printer paper had been taped over it to read Stephen Christopher Wight. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She knocked on the door and walked into the room. She got the feeling none of the things were Wight's they all seemed like they belonged to the previous owner. Stephen was different. Platinum blond hair, pale blue eyes and skin that hadn't touched sunlight. Yet, still had hints of its peachy, rosy complexion like in his cheeks. Or his lips. Wight smiled at her. He seemed too easy going for what has already happened here. Yet, the patients liked him. He seemed to be changing things for the better. Even if it wore him down. He looked tired. Thin like he had lost weight. His eyes hinted at sadness. He had been torn down. Yet, he had always remained calm. Even kind and soothing.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Heard about your little panic today," Wight laughed, he smiled. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I am sorry it won't happen again," Caroline told him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No it's fine," Wight told her genuinely, "I'll get someone else."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I should have been more professional,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]" 'fraid that doesn't work with him," Wight told her, "You either are honest or not. He can sense when you're not."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I caught that already,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Wight laughed.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Again, I'll get Lizbeth to do it. She and him seem to get along well, I'll have you start working with 252 instead," Wight said, "A much more straightforward case and cute kid too."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]255 wasn't who or what she described as a cute kid. He was a terrifying kid. His stare still in the back of her mind. He felt like he was a part of her now. Crawling inside her mind like some kind of clairvoyant parasite. Wight frowned staring at her face.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"If we treat them like people they won't harm you," Wight told her.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"They aren't people Wight," Caroline spoke up, "The way that boy stared into me today."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I know it's hard to adjust at first. But he's no trouble,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"He laughed at me. He lacked anything to make him human,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Caroline, I am not blackmailing you like some doctors who have in the past. You can leave, whenever you like, but know I can't let you also say anything about this facility. This puts everyone in danger and they need a home to stay too,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"So, 252," Caroline began, "May I have his case."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You may," Wight responded. Handing her a folder. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Five years here seemed to be a long time. He was surprised he hadn't' lost his sanity in this place. It seemed strange to be in a relic of someone else's past. Henrik seemed troubled. Like he had lost his mind at some point along the way. Wight kept Henrik's things as a reminder to himself. A reminder of who he could become if he let this work consume him. Walking into the room. Loralee was reading one of the books he had given her to 255. She looked at him with a smile. While 255 looked at Loralee trying to assess what had gotten her excited. He never did come up with a name for the child. Though the child didn't seem to care much.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Mister Wight," Loralee called out.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hello Loralee," Wight smiled, he laughed a little, "Heard you gave Caroline quite the scare today."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]255 cocked his head to the side.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Dunno why. She didn't do anything. Her cards were boring though," 255 responded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Wight laughed.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You want some new cards then?" Wight asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Something interesting," 255 called out.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You mean something you can touch," Wight asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The boy had become a textile learner over the years. He enjoyed feeling things with his hands. Wight could understand the need though.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yes!" 255 sounded excited.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Wight smiled.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"All right," Wight told him, "I'll talk to Lizbeth. But could you do me a favor. Stop scaring the new doctors."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I can't help it. Don't know how to stop that,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Strange child," Wight told him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I dedicated my life work to making their lives suitable.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I tried so desperately to change the world I saw.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]This hell should have never existed. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I should have never signed up for this place.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]They'll tell you later in my life, that I could not deal with the unethical choices I made.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]That wasn't the case. [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Anyone will tell you I loved them like my children.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]All I want for them was a better life.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]All I wanted for them was a better world.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I couldn't give them the sun.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]I couldn't give them love.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]All I could do was give empty promises. [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Empty words. I tried.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]So hard.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Stephen Christopher Wight June 18th, 1980[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Everyone knew the dedication Wight had done to change this facility for the better. Everyone knew better. Yet, there he was hanging from the beams of his own office. Well it Henrik's office first. No one believed that he would have done such a thing. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]But five years, there had always been a plot from Eric and Tanner and the few followers of Henrik to overthrow Wight. When he had lowered his guard. It took considerable strength to get up to the beams of the office.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]They all knew and couldn't say anything about it. His name crossed out and replaced with Eric Gregory Thompson instead. A new era was beginning. This place was slowly becoming its own world. Everyone under here began to forget about the surface world.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]They didn't consider calling the police. They'd lose their livelihoods. They were being watched. Blackmailed. They were trapped here. Like the patients had been trapped her. Slowly losing their minds. Wight had been the only light that kept them from going off on the deep end and there was a new era about to occur. A new era. They knew it the moment they saw Eric's smug grinning face.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]February 26, 1989[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He saw the world by feeling it. Grasping it. Holding onto metal walls and reading the etchings in the wall. The walls were cold. There was the sound of buzzing medical lights. There was a single bed. With springs that hurt his back. There was not another person to hold onto. The word comfort. Warm. Conjured up images of long flowing hair. Her voice. Echoing. Musical. Cadence that flowed like water out of a facet. Didn't sound elegant. But her voice was elegant. Elegant with the things he knew. Touched. Heard. And tasted. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]She wasn't here any more. The fourteen year old boy alone. Embracing the cold. Embracing metal walls. He had only felt the word Warm twice in his life. For the longest time it meant her arms. Now it meant something else too. Wet. And Warm. Like hot water. Soaked into the sheets. But tasted of iron on his lips. He had the feeling for the word. Blood.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The drugs made him fuzzy. He felt sick to his stomach. His head throbbing. No one seemed to help him when he asked. He had to read the cards. They made him. He had words for other things. That touched his skin. Bites. Wounds on his arm. The sensation known to him as Needles.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The door opened. He stared into the abyss. He didn't see minds. He sensed them. He could hear heavy footsteps. He had another word. Fear. He was afraid. As his heart raced. And he felt anxiety. He could hear the drums of his own heart beat. Murmuring in the echo chamber of his ears. Eardrums vibrating with fear.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Please, I don't want," they seized him within the dark, he cried. Tried to escape a large grip. "I don't want. I don't want to."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]They were stronger than him. Bigger than him. But he fought still. His arm bent in unusual ways, ever since he was small. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Quit squirming," booming voices. Commanding voices. Big men. In big shadows. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I don't want!" he screamed.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Needles bite. Liquid coursing through one's veins. You fought. Fought. Screamed till your lungs burned. More men. More arms. Kicking. Screaming. Twisting. Bending. In the arms of two people bigger than you. Then you had the sensation of falling. The world went darker than the abyss that it was. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]When he woke. Different words for the different things he felt. Leather straps. Metal clip. Biting into the skin. It hurt his bones. His skin. Cutting of circulation to his hands. Paralyzed. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Your awake good, we gave you a lower dosage of sedatives," a doctor's voice. They no longer gave you their names. No longer pretended to smile. They spoke mechanically. Like he couldn't feel.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Please, I don't want any more drugs," he whimpered.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"The drugs will help you,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"They hurt,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"They often do, but you'll see the benefits of them later on. Now then, shall we begin, please describe how you feel after each dosage,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The first injection. In the needle marks. In an arm so sore. Because they took the armband that took your blood pressure on that arm too. Sore from all the needles. They cleaned it with soft clothes though. That stung on your wounds.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Then they waited. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Vomit covered his shirt.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Spinning. The sensation of spinning. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]All they did was give him water to clean out his mouth. And continued. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It always ended in more vomit. Convulsing. Body seizing and twisting. It hurt. Every synapse. Every nerve in the neural network. Snapping. Electricity. Buzzing in his ear. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And every time he came around. The buzzing was the sound of medical lights. The smell of soap. Hair wet. A new gown. And the lonely metal walls.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It hurts.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I don't want to die here.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]I feel like I am dying.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Where is Mister Wight?[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Where did Mother go?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I can't breathe.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]His nails were practically coming off. He had used them to etch letters in the wall. The doctor was putting bandaids on the fingers he had nearly tore off. The messages etched completely ignored. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Did you read what I wrote?" he asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No, don't care to know about insane ramblings," the doctor told him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Not insane, I hurt. I hurt, it hurts so much," he told the doctor, trying to reach for their coat. They pulled back.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Something wrong," one of the load voices asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"He tried to grab for me, it's time for him to go back into the room. Probably need a stronger dose too,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No please. No. Listen to me!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Large hands wrapping around him again. He tried to fight again.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No! No! No! LISTEN TO ME!" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]More hands as he struggled. Needles bite. Cold halls. He managed to squeeze out this time. Someone grabbed his ankle. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"LISTEN TO ME!" he shouted one more time.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]There was a gasp.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Code Three Code Three!" one of the loud voices screamed through an intercom. Speakers wailing. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"NOOOOOOOAAAAA!" he was screaming at this point. Just a high pitched scream. There was Wet. There was Warm. There was pieces. An arm. But no weight to it. He scrambled from the floor. He felt the metal with his hands.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He felt the metal. He felt air. From somewhere. He began to scramble desperately for the air. There was commotion all around him. Holes. Long. Vertical holes. What was this? He had no word for it. But he pulled it off. Scurrying away into the air.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Eric was staring at the pools of blood. Someone had torn off his guards arm with sheer psychic force. This is what happened when their emotions were not controlled. There was a bloodbath on his hands and a specimen had managed to get away from them.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Find him," Eric said.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yes sir," one of the guards said.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"And don't ever let this happen with 255 again. I don't care how much drugs you have to pump him with to keep him from moving. But I want him subdued. How could you let him kill six of our guards," Eric shouted.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sorry, he was out of control,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well get him in control and contact that stupid doctor upstairs, tell him to be on the lookout. Tell him the patient is deadly and out of control. To keep up his guard,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Meadview Asylum had been a family affair. Like many Asylums before it, it too had a shaky history. A terrifying one at that. But Alexander Rosewood had a different view of Asylums. Changing Rosewood Medical Asylum into Meadview Asylum. He tried to make the asylum a comfortable place. The in patient lobby looked more like the lobby to a hotel. Well the asylum looked more like a hotel. With grand spiraling designed carpets. Twin size beds in each room. With fine, comforting sheets. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He had the money to afford it. It could have been the state of the art Asylum. The future of Asylums. If Rosewood hadn't been pushed around by those government types. From the dark oak railing, he stared at the menacing elevator. It looked like the eyes and the jaw of the devil to him. He had seen the patients that had come out of that place. They weren't right any more. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Meadview had become a front. Instead of a dream he could have successfully completed. And the reason why they were allowed to push him around. Was because he was old. A grandfather in his late fifties, early sixties. He had no fight. Had no scream or bite. To curtail the advancement of the government. The phone in his office began to ring.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He moved back from viewing the inpatient lobby from the second floor railing and into his office. All the things he had accomplished in his life, no longer displayed here. Whenever the government came into his office, it felt like it gave away the things he cherished and gave them more things to try and take away from him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Alexander Rosewood," he answered the phone.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Eric Thompson," grumbled a voice on the other line. Downstairs. Alex cleared his throat.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Am I expecting another patient? Upstairs on the third floor is still mostly empty," Alex responded, "I have um. Eighty rooms to fill."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As the Asylum was more like a comforting mansion than it was a typical Asylum. There were goals about this place. Dreams about this place. Tore down by the hell that had been woven downstairs. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Patient escaped. He slipped through the vents. If you find him, contact us, he's dangerous. Killed six of our guards,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"How old? Description," Alex said grabbing a pen.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Fourteen, looks about eleven, raven black hair, he's blind," Eric responded as Alex wrote down the descriptors.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Blind you say,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That is all Alex, we'll have our guards coming up soon. Just mark his location. And contact us as soon as you find him,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I, yes," Alex said somberly.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A fourteen year old. Just the age alone broke this old man's heart. Alex wondered sometimes if they were dangerous. Or they made them dangerous. Poor methodology and poor protocol could harm the state and mind of humans. He seen it with the patients brought to him. Broken. No longer people. Alex could not help them. Else he did. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]They'd kill his son, his children. His daughter, her children. His wife. They demonstrated already with William, his oldest. He didn't need another demonstration of what they'd do. His hands were tied. And whenever he looked behind him. In front of him. It was the same story. A dream he never succeeded in building or completing. Guess he had to go look for that boy.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]These things he felt. Not everything had a word. Slipping out from another hole where he had taken the vertical strips. The air here was warmer. His hands was on something smooth.There was a leg with a shape above it. The shape gave off heat. With a long wire. For something. The smooth thing had several things sticking out. Three on each side. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He used them to grasp his hands on to crawl down from the smooth thing. His nails painfully dug into something warm. The texture was not like metal. It was. Soft. The air was warm. Noise played. But it was nice to the ears. Soothing. When he crawled from the floor. He felt something he knew the word too. Sheets. A bed. He was in a room. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He took one leg to the corner of the bed. Using most of his strength crawled up. No springs. It didn't hurt his back. It smelled nice. Invited. He snuggled on top of the sheets. Comforting. Inviting. Comforting. He closed his eyes briefly. Exhausted. So tired. Lungs burned from the screaming. Breathing labored from the climbing. And the medicine made him so dizzy. So sick.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He startled awake because he heard quiet footsteps. The warm. Soft floor. Muffled the steps. But whoever was there. Smelled nice. Like something that tingled the nose.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Don't hurt me," he called out.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I wasn't going to, they'll be up soon looking for you," a voice spoke. It sounded. Different. Older. Wiser. Like Wight it was genuine.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Please, listen,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I will listen if that's what you want,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You will,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I will, do you have a name?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He shook his head.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I see, well they call me Alexander Rosewood,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"May I feel what an Alexander Rosewood feels like?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The boy giggled when he put his hands on the boys hands. The boy at first flinched, but he tried to make sure the boy understood he wasn't here to hurt him. He put the boy's hands on his face, which made the boy giggle. His eyes were captivating. Hypnotic and captivating. They weren't eyes of a normal blind person. It was like you could see what the image of a soul might look like in those eyes. Reflecting a mirror image of a soul.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"What's the weird stuff on your face? It tickles. Your skin is so wrinkly," the boy giggled calmly. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"This is my beard," Alex told the boy, "And yes my skin is wrinkly. I am old." Alex laughed. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"What's the smooth thing I landed on," the boy pointed behind him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That's a dresser," Alex told him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"And the soft floor," the boy asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That's carpet," Alex told him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I like you Alexander Rosewood,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You can just call me Alex," he kind of laughed at the boys enthusiasm. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The boy seemed excited. Curious about what he had discovered. Alex felt a tug at his heart. This boy was not dangerous. Or it didn't seem to be. Did this boy not understand the consequences of killing those people? Did he do it without warning? Could he snap at any chance?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The boy frowned.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"They won't listen. Please Mr. Alex it hurts, you have to help me it hurts," the boy told him desperately. It's then he noticed the boys bleeding nails under the bandages.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"How did this happen?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I etched a message in the metal walls. They still didn't listen,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You did that with your nails. Does it hurt that bad you had to do that?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yes! Mr. Alex please!" the boy seemed extremely desperate.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"How can I help you?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Tell them the medicine hurts. Tell them I don't like the needles. They scare me. They never listen. They never see me. And always grab me out of nowhere. They'll listen to you. Will they listen to you. Because they have one of these," he was now holding onto Alex' stethoscope.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"A stethoscope," Alex said, "I'll see what I can do for you. What do I call you?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Nothing. They always call me 255," he replied.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well that's a number," Alex told him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]There was a knock on the door. One of the guards from upstairs had already found them. The boy was too tired to have gotten any further. The boy had labored breaths. Asthma or bronchitis perhaps.Made lethargy from the drugs. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Thank you for keeping him busy, we're taking him back," the guard told him. Alex felt the boy cling onto him tightly.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Alex nodded his head, picking up the boy gently off the bed. He could feel his hands trembling. Alex whispered[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent], "You can visit me anytime you want. Don't be afraid."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]So that's what the boy did. Finding a way to slip through the vents and finding ways out of the underground facility. He visited Alex often. Something about the man was a grave comfort to the boy. But Eric grew tired of him scampering here and there. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]At twenty they were giving him higher dosages. Alex tried oh he tried to help him. Tried to stop Eric. Eric didn't listen and barked at Alex. Alex gave up. Because there was nothing neither of them could do. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]November 18th, 1996[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The twenty-one year old barely actually stood. His head hurt too much for that. He was surprised he had even managed to come through the vents today. He just held onto the sheets. He felt like throwing up. Everything was swaying in the void. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He heard Alex's footsteps. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I figured it out," he murmured face buried into a pillow.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Figured what out?" Alex asked. He could sense the man was frowning. He was concerned. He felt so sick. Didn't want to move.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"My name," he told Alex with a smile.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Let's hear this," Alex responded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Runic," he responded, "So people have to call me Rune."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Why?" Alex asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He shrugged.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sounds mysterious," he giggled.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Alex laughed.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Why don't you just call yourself Rune, instead of Runic,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Because that's lame," he responded, "I want my name to be written. Like Runic. Quotation marks Rune. Because I bet it looks cool."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Alex walked over to him placing a hand on his back.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Are you okay Runic?" Alex asked, "I am going to have to get use that."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It's the drugs, I can't focus straight,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No you look pale,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I don't know what that looks like, but people say I am normally pale," he giggled into the pillow. Alex laughed.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Let me check you out at least,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]November 10th, 2001[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was sad watching his dreams and goals be raided by the police. There was a long legal suit coming his way and he was afraid of what to do with Rune in the back of his car. Sleeping. High off of a mixture of drugs he didn't even know or could name. The poor thing had been growing through some health complications for a while. He was surprised he wasn't dead. At twenty-six he looked about sixteen. But he knew this was not necessarily the case. Alex wanted him to stay asleep till they left the Meadview behind. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]When Rune did shift awake, Meadview was long away.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"The floor moves," Rune mumbled.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It's a car," Alex told him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oooh, I don't like this sensation," Rune told him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Don't tell me you get motion sickness," Alex told him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I don't know what that is, but it is sickening,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Alex sighed and turned the car over on the shoulder.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Just take it easy," Alex told him, "There are things you need to know. The people experimenting on you were bad people. They are going to jail and know that's not something you can touch to know what it is." Alex laughed, "It also means I am going to go to court. I worked out the plans to take you somewhere else. A woman named Sarah will protect you."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He paused.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"And it's going to hurt you," Alex paused, "But there will be no more drugs on you. You will go through withdrawal. As your body cleans it out of your system. And it will hurt."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I mean I am not really broken up by any of this," Rune told him pausing, "I'll miss you though. If you don't go away for a long time, will you visit me."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I promise to visit you as often as I can," Alex told him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Paragon Valley Asylum, huh. He thought about it as he began to drive up the driveway. Runic had went back to sleep. It felt odd to introduce him on his tongue as Runic who prefers to go by Rune, but insist there be the quotation marks on his paperwork.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Rune, wake up time," Alex told him softly pushing him awake.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Mmmmokay, has the floor stopped moving?" he asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yes it has, and will you use your cane for me?" Alex asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I hate that thing," Rune grumbled.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I know you do, but I don't want the first impression of you to be intense,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"For you," Rune told him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Alex was staring at the asylum. The gothic architecture made it look old. But the reason he chose this place was for two reasons. It was meant to keep the supernatural safe. And it seemed like an ideal place for Rune. Hopefully. He hoped there would be no harm done to him, than what was already done. He grabbed Rune's hands and handed him a white cane. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Rune frowned, but took it. Using him to guide him. He could tell Rune wanted to touch the stones. Wanted to touch the things for their words and their texture. Right now though he was trapped with standing on two legs like a person.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Alex knocked on the door. It was like a moment in a Disney movie as the door opened by itself. The receptionist area was a large. It certainly had a magical feel to it. As it was large, with lights coming through stained glass windows. A spiraling center and marbling floor.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He saw a child waiting for him. With purple hair and unusual eyes.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I contacted Sarah," Alex told her. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Of course, follow me." The voice did not exactly fit the body it came from, it sounded silky, and almost sensual. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She moved closer to the doctor and Runic, taking their hands in each of hers, and pulling them along behind her. Her grip was soft, sensitive, yet at the same time it was firm, and it was clear she wouldn't release them until they reached their destination.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She dragged them to a large archway with wooden double doors. The doors were already opened, and on the other side, a long hall. It seemed to be longer than the mansion itself looked on the outside.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A few doors down the hall, the child released her grip, and opened a door on the left side. She stepped in first, so as to announce them before they entered.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You have guests." She then vanished in a puff of purple smoke, or rather, changed into an owl, and flew over to a perch by the desk, on the farthest side of the room, by a large window. The window was odd, in that it seemed to have a clear view of the front of the manor, despite the location of the room being somewhere in the middle.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Please excuse Jynny's rude behavior, she's not used to other people. Please, come take a seat." The voice belonged to the one known as Sarah.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"We spoke on the phone," Alex responded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ah, you must be Alex then. And you must be Runic, or do you prefer Rune, or maybe something else?" Her voice was kind, and didn't show any signs of inflection when asking such a thing, she genuinely cared how he prefered to be addressed.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Runic, Rune, I chose it myself," he responded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yes, I am Alexander Rosewood. I was the head of Meadview Asylum. As you heard about the experiments," there was a frown, maybe even guilt and shame on his face.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It is a very lovely name, Rune." she responded with a kind smile, before turning her attention back towards the doctor.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Honestly I am somewhat ashamed I had not heard of these events sooner, I would have done something about them myself if I had, but I suppose if I had you wouldn't be standing here today. You humans really are horrible creatures, but some of you do have a few redeeming qualities."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Alex frowned.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"My son William, was murdered," Alex told her, "I was afraid of losing my other children and my grandchild. I didn't know what to do. I didn't even know you existed until now. Looking for a place for Rune. He's...well...unique. But I do need to speak to you when he's not around about somethings."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Rune frowned now.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I want to be there when you say it,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Alex nodded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well there you have it, he'll be here."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well, as I'm sure you know, this isn't like your human asylums. This is a safe place for those who need one. We don't have doctors, we don't have guards. Everyone here is unique, as you humans would say." She seemed to ignore the first part of what Alex said, though she made no effort to hide it, she ignored it for a reason.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Alex felt a pang in his heart to admit what he was going to admit, especially with Rune standing next to him. It felt like he was betraying his trust.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Our goal here is not to tame. Our goal here is to protect. He will be watched as closely as any of our other guests, but he will not be hounded. He will have free roam of our facilities, so long as he does not harm our other guests, there will be no actions against him."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Real vote of confidence there," Rune whispered.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Let's face it you have done some questionable things," Alex responded with a smile, "You'll do good though." Alex paused, "I also told you there may be further health complications along the way. As his body cleanses out the drugs. They may have impacted earlier growth."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He felt like a father right now. Worrying about every little detail.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"He will have appropriate care, I assure you. You really needn't worry about such things."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I have been with him the longest I think and I want to make sure he has a good life for the rest of it," Alex nodded, "Oh the white cane. Is really optional. He really doesn't like doing it. He has a habit of walking quadrupedal," Alex told her. He was just trying to make sure she understood his needs.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Can I show her?" Rune asked. Alex sighed, "Go ahead."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It wasn't necessarily the typical quadrupedal that you might see some humans try to imitate either. No Rune moved as fluid and as solid as any animal would. Some humans would have their rump in the air or something. But Rune was hankered to the ground. His joints popping, clicking, disjointing. Like some kind of arachnid, corpse, zombie, spider. It was really hard to describe.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He moved in this fluidity motion, but every click and sound of his hips and joints could be heard within the seconds he actually walked. Now standing in front of Sarah. His hands were out stretched though. He wanted to touch her. But wasn't sure if she was giving permission or not.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Uh, yeah he understands the world mostly through touch too," Alex said nervously.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I understand, of course you would want the best life for him, but you can rest assured that he will have that here." She stated.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"What an interesting way of moving." She said, with genuine interest, though the owl that had been resting quietly on a pedestal fell off of it, obviously startled by the movements.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You are free to touch if you feel the need, I don't mind." Sarah responded with a smile.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]He put his hands on her face. Her face felt smooth, but old. Like Alex, but not Alex. This is what a Sarah felt. Lots of fabric. And hair. That he strung his fingers through. Through her hair. She didn't feel warm. But not cold either.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You're really old," Rune told her.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Rune," Alex snipped.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hundreds of years," Rune said excitedly spinning with the fabric of her cloak. He laughed a bit like a dry, croaking child. But he danced with the fabric, "Like a lot of hundred years."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That is pretty accurate." she said with a laugh[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Do you like how my cloak feels? It's a fabric called velvet, it is wonderfully soft."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Can I have one?" Rune asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Alex smiled.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Looks like you'll two get along," Alex paused, "Rune, its been a pleasure. You've brought hope to my life."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Rune paused.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Goodbye, see you soon," Rune could sense Alex hesitation. And perhaps Sara saw some heartbreak, Rune paused, "You said you'd visit. Don't make it seem like forever. Like we'll never see each other again."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I spent sixty-two years in the medical industry.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]I spent my life trying to better mental medicine.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I never got anywhere.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]When I lost my son my heart broke. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]With that child that came into Meadview that day.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]I felt my heart had come back.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Something inside of me mended.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I admit I never was able to accomplish any of my goals.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Or better anyone's life.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]I admit my life seems like a man who failed to complete anything.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]But I was glad on meeting that boy.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]He brought something in my life I had thought I lost.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I hope he has a better life now.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]I regret nothing despite it all.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Alexander Jones Rosewood, December 9th, 2011 - 76[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Theme Song:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Race: Human - Probably the most versatile of the species. As they can be near powerful as an angel or as weak as a piece of sand. But they fail to be near as invincible as some species. With their strength. Tough skin. And longevity. Though few are the exceptions. Those who are have to share a space with species that are significantly more powerful than them. And take them out of the picture if they so desire to do so. And those who are exceptions also have to live with becoming another sick human's experiment. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Misc Information:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]While not added to his personality. Rune does rely a lot on his imagination and creativity. He considers himself a dreamer. He considers himself an artist. If he could he'd probably exploit some way of selling art. Like "art blind a painter". But all he'd produce he was afraid would be nothingness. Since he cannot perceive color. Though he is musically versatile. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Thus spends some time humming tunes. Or when given the chance to play them. Under watch. Because out of jealousy it seems sometimes he'll take the instruments away so no one can have them.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]In the same vein he steals the paints and paint brushes as well. Not necessarily to be vindictive. Or angsty. Or brooding. But for a good joke.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]His sense of humor can. And is not the typical sense of humor. When he finds crawling out of a small space to terrify you amusing, that defines the raw sensibility of his humor.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Rune likes coffee and hot chocolate as well. He actually will not be snubbed the good hot chocolate as well. With peppermint in it. He likes peppermint in his hot chocolate all year round and will make a fuss about it otherwise.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Since he is the veteran resident he has given much more independence than some of the newcomers. And Rune likes to play a few practical jokes on them when they come to him for advice or help. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Example "put this barbie doll bra on Maple"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]*Cheshire Cunning Notes; While if you're on the receiving end of this annoying habit you may hate it. But from an outside perspective, it can be hilarious to watch as Rune steers the conversation into absurdity.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Have to define something here. When Runic "crawls" through his environment. It's done in a very contorting, popping, joint bending way. More like how the Grudge or Samara gets around then say a baby crawling. With this he feels his environment with his hands. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He does have a white cane, but he doesn't like using it. He likes digging his nails into materials. Instead of teaching himself echolocation, which is kind of damn hard to teach yourself. He's hand on. He likes to feel the things around him. And freely touch the environment. Seeking textures. And knowing what textures are based on their touch.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A video of how he moves, I had to painstakingly get[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Teiso
@Ruby. Edited to include it. I hope you are okay with his naïve nature playing a part in how this all happened and why he used it.

Thank you for complying, your character is good now =^.^=

Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
I just need to fix my history and the info about my race now

WIP
a4d66d07f0a019f9fd17f980c4646a9a.jpg

Name: Maple Wildberry

Race: Fairy (of the nature variety)

Role: Average Tenant

Years: 12

Appearance: Small, 5 inches to be exact. Her figure is petite, and hourglass-like, and she is light enough to sit on a flower without making the stem bend. Her hair is a shade of light brown, and flows down past her waist. Her wings aren't your typical 'oo, pretty butterfly' wings, but rather they seem more practical, given how fast the wings flap. Her wings are varied shades of pink and red, but depending on the light, look clear. Her eyes are the same color as her hair, a shade of light brown. Her skin has a seemingly natural tan, not too dark, but she's certainly not pale.

Personality:
Maple isn't the most social of fairies, not that she'd shy away from conversations or people, she just doesn't much care for them. She would rather spend time alone with her plant's than around people or animals, and she often gets lost in her thoughts when caring for plants. Some might feel her to be great to talk to when they need advice, because she is as much a logical thinker as she emotional, so her advice tends to be somewhat rational(most of the time). It is to be noted that she is sensitive about her appearance, specifically her breasts, she's not vain, no far from it, she's simply sensitive about how people view her.
Mind - Maple is more of an introvert than an extrovert by a large margin, if given the choice between going to a social event, or sitting in a dark room by herself, she would choose the latter. However, she isn't so much of an introvert as to avoid people altogether, in fact, she doesn't mind company as long as it doesn't take the form of large groups.
Energy - Maple isn't entirely energetic, she plans ahead, and focuses on the task at hand. You aren't going to see her jumping from task to task unfinished very often. That isn't to say she is always focused, in fact distracting her is simple, if you're a plant. Maple often loses herself in thought when surrounded by nature.
Nature - Maple doesn't deal with emotions like most people do, they are usually more logical, or more emotional. Maple on the other hand, is neither, and both. There are times when she is in control of her emotions, and deals with them logically, and times when her emotions just run wild. On a usual day she will keep her emotions in check, however if she's been drinking, or is just having a bad day, her emotions are set loose upon those around her.
Tactics - Maple's work method is extremely methodical, she has a plan for everything she does and follows it to a tee. In her mind there is little room for improvisation, if something in the plan goes off course, then there needs to be a backup plan to compensate, if some part of the backup plan goes wrong, then there needs to be a backup plan for the backup plan. There is never a time Maple is without a plan, and she doesn't work well with people who are the polar opposite.
Identity - This is complicated, because much like with her nature, she is smack dab in the middle of both extremes. She isn't one to just let everything slide and go with the flow of things, but she also isn't the type to worry about things that have happened. If she feels like it would be more logical to go with the flow of things, she will, but if she feels it would be illogical to do so, she will fight it.

Weapons: N/A

Powers:
Flight - What? Did you honestly think her wings were for show? Sure, she can only fly about as fast as a human can run, but it's her main method of travel, as walking would take her ages to get anywhere.

Natures Grace - Simply put, she grows plant's. They are your average everyday plants. Except they aren't, her Venus Flytraps specifically can eat entire mice, and if she is by one, and something or someone tries to harm her, it will try to eat them. These plants can grow to sizes big enough to eat a person, and her room in the Mansion is more accurately described as a 'man-eating' greenhouse.

Nature's Voice - Maple can talk to animals, well, it's more or less she can feel what the animals are feeling, and communicate to them in that way, she can't literally talk to them, and her translations are rough at best. Put simply, she is an animal empath, though, technically humans are also animals, the ability doesn't work on them or other creatures, just wild animals.

Skills:
Gardening - As noted, her room is more like a greenhouse, and she doesn't need her fairy magic to make it so, as she has plenty of plants in her room that she grew without use of her magic. On top of that, she can identify most flowers, and tell you if they are poisonous or not.

Alchemy 101 - She's not a witch, nor does she use magic in the task, but Maple can craft many a different potion using the plant's she grown. She mostly uses this skill to create her own special scented baths, so she might smell like cotton candy one day, or lavender the next.

Brewery - Potions aren't the only thing this fairy knows how to cook up, as she is also quite the expert when it comes to making alcohol. The alcohol she brews tends to be rather odd, in that it can knock most sailors flat on their asses, but tastes like a fruity drink said sailors would make fun of.

Special Traits:
Nature's Boon - Maple is one of the shortest nature fairies, as they are usually around 7-9 inches. Though, this isn't without it's benefits, as her wings aren't the typical wings you would see on a nature fairy, her's are built for speed and maneuverability, versus that of the average 'butterfly style' fairy, and if she were bigger, her wings wouldn't work as good.

Negative Traits:
Cold Allergy - Maple is like a plant, the cold is bad. And not bad as in it weakens her, but bad as in it can and will kill her, rather quickly. During the winter months she tends to avoid the outdoors, as well as avoiding the freezer.(She almost got trapped in there once because she was drunk and not paying attention to where she was flying)

Feather - Maple is extremely light, and while this makes it easier for her to fly faster and maneuver, it's not as great as it sounds. A simple poke can knock her over, a flick can send her flying, and because of mass related sciency stuff, she's extremely weak.

Fun Sized - She's not just short, she's tiny. She can literally be stuffed into somebody's pocket, or even into a small jar. Oh, and her plant's food, is the same size as her, so, feeding her plants without getting eaten herself is somewhat of a challenge.

History and Lore:
Have you ever wondered why supernatural creatures needed a safe haven? You likely think that since they are superior to humans so they can just defend themselves. This isn't always the case, in fact history has proven this many times. You see, even the stronger of races are subjected to human cruelty. More oft than not the cruelty rests at the hand of scientists, they found out about the supernatural, they want to learn the secrets of the world, they want to make super soldiers.
Maple's story is different. There are plenty of sites on the web, go a bit further and you reach the deep web, there you will find many things, and if you know where to look you can find sites about supernatural things. Ares has one of these sites, an underground supernatural arena. However, fighting isn't all people wish to see when it comes to the supernatural. This is where Maple's story starts, on just such a site.
About nineteen years prior to today, two people started their very own site on the deep web. This site was called Starfall. The purpose of Starfall was similar to that of a 'Red Room', except instead of torturing people to satisfy sick fuck's fetishes, Starfall had supernatural creatures, and did whatever their patrons wanted to them.
The site was a huge success, and the founders of Starfall quickly became millionaires from the site, but they found it to grow tedious, trying to catch and contain werewolves, angels, and the other creatures that had made an appearance on the site. So they decided to look for smaller prey, and Maple just happened to fit the bill.
When Maple was abducted by Starfall, she was nineteen. Unfortunately for Maple they didn't want her to perish like others who had appeared on their site, so they also hired a druid, to keep her in 'good' health. She was put through many 'shows', tortured in various ways, for the amusement of some random person on the internet.
While knowing the specifics of every 'show' she was subjected to is unimportant, allow me to share with you at least one of her experiences. This show was rather cruel, as the druid under Starfall's payroll had told them that nature fairies couldn't stand the cold, so she was trapped underneath a jar and the temperature of the room was dropped enough to have an effect on her, without actually killing her. She was forced to endure the cold for what seemed like hours, before they finally ended the 'show' and allowed her to regain her warmth.
Maple suffered through things like that, sometimes even worse, for five years, and it would have been longer, had Starfall not decided to have a demon segment. The specific demon they had captured and tried to subject to their ways of torture went on a murderous rampage. Word got reached the asylum, and they sent a striker team to subdue it before it could do too much damage. The striker team just so happened to also find Maple, and she was taken to the asylum for recovery, and she decided to stay even after fully recovering.

Theme Song:

Race: TBA

Misc:
- Maple is an alcoholic, she will admit it, but cares not to change it
- Maple's favorite bath scent is cotton candy, and she smells of it more often than any other scent
- Maple is prone to forgetting she has to move her wings when she's been drinking, and often falls out of the air
- Maple hate's clothes, she say's it's a nature fairy thing, but it really isn't​

Last edited:
This is not a satisfactory fix. Unless someone just so happened to accidentally use fire in a fight, she's still immortal, and only fire wielding creatures could kill her. There is NO immortality whatsoever, if she were to be chopped into tiny bits, she wold be dead, the end. If she were stabbed through the heart, she would be dead, the end.

I'll look at it later.
Sorry, I thought I was supposed to create someone/thing more monstrous. XD Does ageless work, though? It's part of Voo Doo lore.

Sorry, I thought I was supposed to create someone/thing more monstrous. XD Does ageless work, though? It's part of Voo Doo lore.
Ageless works, that is the extent of immortality I'm allowing, as the roleplay will have some elements of fighting, and complete immortality would give characters an unfair edge.

Ageless works, that is the extent of immortality I'm allowing, as the roleplay will have some elements of fighting, and complete immortality would give characters an unfair edge.
Ohhh, that makes sense. XD I was thinking of it as more of horror game, sorry. Salty is using photos that are artistic. May I do the same? I am having no luck finding a dark beauty in drawn art. ;_;

You can use whatever image style you feel fits your character, the only images I really don't want are super cartoony(like chibi style) or real peoples.

Also, Everyone, remember to check the second post every once in a while, as I will continue to post important updates throughout the RP. This is especially important at the moment, as I just made an update you all need to see.

Ohhh, that makes sense. XD I was thinking of it as more of horror game, sorry. Salty is using photos that are artistic. May I do the same? I am having no luck finding a dark beauty in drawn art. ;_;

I can get you a photo of drawn dark beauty. I have a few of them actually. Hilariously my art is drawn as well. I actually drew the top photo with an art program on my old CPU years ago. It allowed you to trace an image, then I did so. I drew the lines in. Then went into Photoshop and then fucked with the photo stuff.

@Ruby. Thanks! I do that with RPs too. Otherwise we all lose track. x,x I'll add the image, lemme know if it's too realistic. I'm adding more about Kahina--my prob is Iwaku does not like my tablet, so I have to work carefully or it'll flip. DX

@T _ T Salty

Oh, really? I've struck out a lot. ;_; I'd love to see them! And very cool! I love Soom dolls. They are gorgeous! The pic I was gonna use is arted over as well, but I know the importance of art style for an rp. XD It might be too realistic.

Last edited:
@Ruby. As Kahina is a Vodun, not just a witch doctor but a creature made up of various spirits, would she be considered R or C rank? As Voduns are not weaker than witches. :3 I don't want to OP her but I don't want to down play the lore of a Vodun. Also, I haven't added things because I wasn't sure what was allowed. Such as weapons, of course. <3

Also, if witch is considered a race, I need to change her race to Vodun. x,x Sorry for the confusion!

Okay, I was under the impression she was a witch doctor type of thing, so if she is an actual race, you would need to put her actual race.

And the second Race section is supposed to be facts about said race, like a bestiary page, because there is going to be an actual bestiary, and I don't want to be writing up stuff about the various races you all have created.

And as for witches, they are and aren't their own race. They are still humans, but humans with magic potential, Normal humans are bland, and psychic humans are unrankable, but Witches/Warlocks tend to have a limit, which is why they have a rank even though they're human. Essentially, Witches/Warlocks are normal humans with the ability to produce mana, very few humans can actually do this without both parent's also being able to.

Okay, I was under the impression she was a witch doctor type of thing, so if she is an actual race, you would need to put her actual race.

And the second Race section is supposed to be facts about said race, like a bestiary page, because there is going to be an actual bestiary, and I don't want to be writing up stuff about the various races you all have created.

And as for witches, they are and aren't their own race. They are still humans, but humans with magic potential, Normal humans are bland, and psychic humans are unrankable, but Witches/Warlocks tend to have a limit, which is why they have a rank even though they're human. Essentially, Witches/Warlocks are normal humans with the ability to produce mana, very few humans can actually do this without both parent's also being able to.
Sorry for the confusion. x,x I was hopping between computers, so my first post lacked, sorry.

Oooo, very cool! Okay, I'm starting to see your set-up. I like it! I've written with an abundance of writers and many have their own way of classifying characters, races, etc. :3 Also, Kahina is coming along more and more. Just need to find a pic that works. XD

Lucky, I have to ask, because it's bugging me, but is that a typo? XD
Nope, that was me putting in a stupid skill for the heck of it. He can crawl. :/ Though, it wouldn't be bad to add or replace that with drawing.

Okay, in that case, I'm gonna say something, and it's going to come off rude, I'm not going to apologize for saying it, because I'm simply saying what's on my mind, and apologizing would just seem weird. I apologize if it offends you, but not for saying it.

Are you going to put any actual effort into the roleplay? Because when you say you added a stupid, useless skill to his cs just 'for the heck of it' I have to question your dedication. Was anything else in your cs on a 'just for the heck of it whim'? You need to think your character through, plan ahead, make an actual character you'll be dedicated to, not 'just a whim'.
Be completely honest with me, did you join on one of these 'whims', or are you actually interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.