Important Iwaku News! Retirements, Staff Hirings, and our next update day January 26th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Without making a big production about it, Astaroth is retiring as admin! He's wanted to step down for awhile now but he's been holding on to help me through the chaos that was 2021. Now that I'm through the worst of it and in a better place, he's ready to peace out and return to regular membership. He didn't want to post a sappy goodbye, though, so if you wanna show him some love, you know where to find him! <3

On a similar note, Kitti is retired from active admin duty so she can focus on her health and not have to worry about Iwaku responsibilities. If she's able to return and accepts, she will be back with us! Please send all your love to Kitti and let her know how much we miss her.

I am now sole admin on Iwaku once again - but we've been here before on multiple occasions, so there's nothing to be worried about! For as long as I can pay the bills, Iwaku will be here! Currently I'm not planning on instating anyone else as a co-admin right now (that takes a lot of thought and factors), but I am working with staff on creating some lead positions incase anything chaotic happens.

HELLO, ARE YOU THE STAFFER I AM LOOKING FOR?

With our 2022 goal of Iwaku Kicking Ass, as the community grows again we will need more staff to help manage things. There are MANY open positions on all of our departments! Each of these departments are vital to Iwaku's foundation! It's important for staff members to be active and visible members of the community who enjoy stepping out and interacting with other members. But we also have a few positions open for Lurkers who love Organizing as well.

COMMUNITY DEPARTMENT
Community is all about helping Iwaku socialize and make friends! Community Staffers make topics, moderate our social areas, do events, contests, newsletters, and generally keep us connected and bouncy even when we're not roleplaying.

ROLEPLAY DEPARTMENT
Our Roleplay team keeps an eye on all of our roleplay sections, making sure people are posting content where it should be so you can get the players you need, helping with guides and questions, reporting dangerous content, and even hosting roleplays to give you places to play!

SITE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT
The Site Support crew are out here making sure all of Iwaku stays tidy and that everyone can find what they need to find! Thread moderation, fixing prefixes, handling move requests in and out of the archives, answering questions in the help desk, and handling maintenance reports.

SECURITY DEPARTMENT
Finally, the security team handles reports. Everything from minor issues like squabbles between members, to reports on plagiarism, pedophilic content, age circumvention, bans, and whatever insane thing could happen next.

If you are interested in being staff click here to apply and view a more complete listing of our Department expectations!

If you've submitted an application that is older than 2 weeks -- resubmit! That way I know you are still interested in staffing and I have an updated app on file!

UPDATE DAY IS JANUARY 26TH.

Software wise this will be a minor update - forum organizing wise this will be a MAJOR update. I'd like our forum structure to reflect our 2022 goals and (hopefully) helps members flow to the content they're looking for easily. It's 100% going to be to my own personal tastes, and I apologize the slight inconvenience and confusion. I like to try new things to help keep us always evolving!

AND THAT IS ALL

WE'RE COMING FOR YOU 2022. IT'S GONNA BE FUN OR WE'RE GONNA FIGHT.

As always if you have any questions, comments, or concerns you can always ask! Here in the thread, in the Help Desk, or if it's a private/personal question you can ask in Private Convo or via Discord.

It comes full cycle again. Three to one Diana, to three and now it is Diana again, but hopefully not alone. Good luck to Diana and staff and much strength to Astaroth and Kitti!

• Love
Reactions: Diana
Hi Iwaku! Come join Security! We have banhammers cookies.

In all seriousness, hello! I'm Peregrine, one of Iwaku's security leads. Security can be one of the more background staff roles, as you are only required to interact with members in official communication about rules, but (in my not so humble opinion) it's one of the most important. We're responsible for making sure that everyone on Iwaku finds it to be a safe and welcoming place. Most of the time that just means making sure people are sticking to our standard requirements, but sometimes it involves full on investigation of members to see if they are intentionally breaking some of our most important rules, or stepping into the middle of an argument to calm people down and redirect them to appropriate channels.

Security requires a cool head, a strong sense of fairness, tolerance for dealing with strange situations, and a firm control of a writing voice that varies from just stating the facts, to mild disappointment, to letting people know when they're in serious trouble. If you want to join the Security Department but don't have pre-existing experience, you'll likely need to do a stint in Site Support first, where you'll learn the basics of drafting messages and develop your 'moderator voice'.

Despite its more rigorous requirements, the benefits that come out of working in security are just as numerous. Your work will be key to making sure Iwaku stays a safe and secure site. You'll also get to take a peek into Iwaku's underbelly, as doing our work requires full access to Iwaku's previous member report logs and partial access to the administrator panel. Finally, you'll get to know the ins and outs of Iwaku like no other.

So, what are you waiting for? Apply for staff now at your nearest application form. And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Please do apply for staff! You don't have to be outgoing or extroverted at all—a lot of staff tend to be quiet, and that's alright. <3 We only ask that if you have questions, you ask them!

I'm not a lead, I've just been staff for a while, and I've always found it fun , even just doing organizational stuff.

• Love
Reactions: Diana and XIII
I applied! I check like, 100000x times a day to see if I got it.

Oh gosh, I don't want anyone to suffer thru anxious waiting: I am going to do my first kidnapping after the site update! Hopefully between the 26th & 31st so I can get our new interns situated before next month.

I also want to note that if I don't grab you for staff this time, it is not an indication or bad thing about you and doesn't mean you won't ever be hired one day! Some current and former staffers can tell you that some peeps had sat in the apps for over a year before I snatched them up. 😂 Generally I grab people based on what I hope they'll bring to the table, what Iwaku might need right now, and how I think/hope they'll mesh with the current team. Usually I can only grab a couple peeps at a time cause it's easier training a handful of people vs 20 at once as well.

This is why I always ask people to resubmit their apps regularly so I know you're still here and available. <3

Reactions: XIII
Oh gosh, I don't want anyone to suffer thru anxious waiting: I am going to do my first kidnapping after the site update! Hopefully between the 26th & 31st so I can get our new interns situated before next month.

I also want to note that if I don't grab you for staff this time, it is not an indication or bad thing about you and doesn't mean you won't ever be hired one day! Some current and former staffers can tell you that some peeps had sat in the apps for over a year before I snatched them up. 😂 Generally I grab people based on what I hope they'll bring to the table, what Iwaku might need right now, and how I think/hope they'll mesh with the current team. Usually I can only grab a couple peeps at a time cause it's easier training a handful of people vs 20 at once as well.

This is why I always ask people to resubmit their apps regularly so I know you're still here and available. <3
I remember how it went when I was hired... there were a billion of us!

Pretty sure I was also in that group it was a lot!

• Love
Reactions: Diana and XIII

Pretty sure I was also in that group it was a lot!
Pretty sure you were!

I had nearly forgotten that I applied until I got a PM from the one and only Kittiston. At first I was a little shocked, because, why would a staff member PM me? Until I saw her asking me very sweetly if I was still interested in being staff.

Just as dazed I said 'yes', got swept up in a friendly cradle and then hurled into their hotpot of interns before they boiled me into a nice red colour.

I have cooled down since, as you can see. Lost most of my seasoning as well.

Calling it a kidnapping is quite accurate, in hindsight. They do it when you least expect it, so don't expect it. 😂

I still vividly remember @Diana kidnapping both me and @Peregrine at the same time. No idea why owl mom let me stick around for so long but I think it might've been all the popcorn she kept making me serve to everyone. Still sweeping up the remnants of popcorn dust and kernels to this day.

Jokes aside, though, there's been a lot of great people I met through becoming staff back in the day. 10/10 would recommend again.

I'm super excited. I've always loved this website and I'm having more and more time to be on the computer. Once I close on my house, I can quit my day job and focus solely on my other career, which is all online from home.

• Love
Reactions: Diana and Astaroth
ahshitherewegoagain.jpg

I clearly need to be active again, just to confuse the ever living day lights out of Diana. Of course, that also would mean most people would go who the hell are you? The suffering is real.

I clearly need to be active again, just to confuse the ever living day lights out of Diana. Of course, that also would mean most people would go who the hell are you? The suffering is real.
bring it lol

Reactions: Blind Hemingway
@Asmodeus is my favorite admin from back in the day.

Reactions: XIII
Status
Not open for further replies.