Imperial Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The odd ball Richie sneaked at the back of Lucifer's to fish out his phone from his bag unlocking the device with ease clicking the text message from the King about the game "will you join the game?" he asked sweetly lips crept to a mischievous grin "eye for an eye, 30,000 credits is the prize" he mused playing with the transition of Lucifer's home screen.

"Nah... It's not worth it and from the rumors about the new king that one sounds shady as 'girls' are now involved" he grunted smashing the buttons on his gaming device too engrossed in his game to ever bother take a peek his companion. "Don't you dare reply a yes like last time" he warned "I almost lost half my credits back then not to mention my arm!" he growled, frustrations evident in the clicking sounds of the buttons. It was too forceful the controller might break.

"It was an accident and you got out alive both arms attached" Richie did an odd action when he tilt his head to the left having a forced smile. He was guilty of the act but he never taught that it would go that far. Typing away to reply a 'no' for Lucifer he replied a 'yes' from his phone receiving the message of the conditions of the game "whoah this is intense the new King really must hate the new students"

"You just replied YES..." Lucifer growled pausing his game which was abrupt for a game addict like Lucifer especially in the middle of a versus mode game.

"It's mine not yours just chill" Richie waved his phone handing in front of Lucifer while he gives the angry Leprechaun his phone back (Lucifer is Irish and since he has been studying abroad and since he was always with the Strauss brothers he learned to blend his accent to a less posh sounding accent but when he is angry he just sounds like an angry Leprechaun)

Lucifer snatched Richie's phone to read the conditions "300,000 credits!!!!??" He whispered in a hushed growling tone "you out of yer bloody mind!!!!" Lucifer is just inches away from strangling Richie only the phone in his hands was stopping him from doing so.

"It will be fun... And let's just view this as charity... My little token for the new beauties" Richie smirked "but I'll have my fun first" he took the phone and opened his social site scrolling on the latest trends and news.

Noticing Andrew come in Richie waved at him as a greeting "Hey Andy! Did you got a glimpse of the new students?" He asked smiling as his seat mate went back to playing his game grumbling cursive words under his breath.

"Tekken and stop calling me Lucy it's Lucifer!" he replied eyes flaring as his fingers smashed the buttons of his controller beating his opponent instantly, hands laid down a heavy sigh came out of his lips as a heavy load was lifted from him. The adrenaline of fighting games always help to cool his temper, he will just have to deal with Richie later. He noticed Andrew's feet on the table he just squinted his eyes and not even bothered to say a word about it, he had enough of getting angry with Richie and he didn't want to get a next round on his temper with Andrew. He noticed a female coming in their way he glanced at his companions Richie started taking out his headphones looking uninterested as the new student 'Elizabeth' was it came on flirty, obvious that she wanted something from them. Lucifer just sent daggers to fend her off with his glare until he felt an arm coil unto his and a head rest on his shoulders fingertips interlacing with his in an odd sensation of the odd ball Richie.

"Lucy..." Richie coo in a sweet pleading tone "the canteen will have a special today... I wanna eat there together with you" he pleaded an odd sight for two boys getting all chummy with each other but knowing Richie the youngest of the three brothers master of getting his older brothers to do as he please, get what he please and have anything that he wishes he was a master of persuading, it was an odd plan to fend the girl off or disgust her of some sort. Lucifer's eyes slightly twitched from the act but let it slide rolling his eyes to the side replying with a forced "'kay".

"Andrew you're coming with us too right!" more like a command than a offer Richie grinned not even glancing at Elizabeth totally casting her out.

"Sure." Andrew replied, swinging his legs down from the table and getting up and also completely ignoring the existence of any of the females now in the classroom. He had a earbud in one ear, running down into his phone resting in one pocket. He put his hands in the pockets of his black uniform, heading out of the class with the other two to go wherever.

"Hey! It's rude to ignore people!" She said to the three of them before they left, returning the glare given to her by Lucifer. She stood back up from leaning on the desk, turning to look at the three as they got up. She'd be damned if she didn't get one of them to speak with her soon, adamant to win the game.

Richie sling his bag on his shoulder getting up fingers still interlaced with Lucifer's, his free hand holding his phone "come on Lucy!! I wanna eat them now before people start crowding over that place!!" He whined tugging the game addict who was shoving his belongings in his bag picking it up hastily "yeah yeah no need to hurry" he huffed glancing at the angry ebony haired girl before following suit Richie.

As they were out of the classroom he walked the between the two lads Richie scrolling on his phone Richie didn't even glance at the new students and Lucifer saw that there was a cute girl in front he feels sorry for that kid she looked really sweet and innocent too bad the Kings game will make her life in AI a living hell. "Are you sure it's ok that 'we' are skipping class" he warned Richie tightening the grip on the other as to wake him up.

"Yeah all is fine and dandy! I texted the teach' and he said it will all be just introductions, classroom policies and those basic things... He's all fine that we're skipping" Richie replied leading the way to the said canteen.

"What did you tell him?" Lucifer growled. Richie just grinned and continued to walk the halls and came to a stop looking at the selection of dishes and drinks pointing at the chalkboard stand "That! They have a new apricot and passion fruit bubbly!! Well order what you guys want it's my treat since I drag you both here" (guess when Richie means he wants to eat something it is actually a drink) he beamed. "You and your fascination to oddly tasting drinks..." Lucifer face palmed rubbing his temples "I want a death by chocolate cake" he mumbled eyeing the cake display.

Andrew looked around, eyeing the displays of foods around. He wasn't actually particularly hungry, and he only came along because Richie had basically forced him to, and also because it would be easier to ignore the new female students that way. The way Richie had managed to so blatantly ignore that black haired girl trying to flirt with him was slightly beyond him. He had only not been bothered by it as she was obviously directing it at Richie, the one who would have enough credits to survive losing. He wondered if Richie would let one of the girls win so he could get on their good side, honestly he knew he probably would if he had Richie's amount of credits. Eventually Andy decided to get a simple chicked salad, because why not. he then found seats with Richie and Lucy.

Richie payed with his credits getting some deducted but from the amount of credits he had such things did not even made a dent to his credit. He sat with the two smiling as a waiter(or bus boy) handed them the food "let's eat!!" Richie beamed and took a sip of his drink. "Mmmm!! Mmhhhnn!! It taste great!" he sigh happy and content he looked at the two trying to offer the oddly gradient colored red to yellow piss colored drink "you guys want to try?" He asked offering the said beverage.

"No thanks... Last time you made me drink something 'great' it was not as great as you say it is" Lucifer hissed bluntly taking a bit of his cake. "So... how did your Christmas vacations go?" he asked staring blankly at Andrew and Richie savoring the taste of the cake fork still on his mouth as he speaks.

"Same old thing!! My mom keeps pestering on how she misses me, my brothers would constantly ask on what I want to pursue in the future Henritz (eldest Victoriano Henritz) is now managing the telecommunications and technologies with dad and wants me to also help out when I graduate... Niko (2nd son Victor Nicolai) is managing the cafe with mom as a barista he also wants me to work there bake and stuff" Richie pouted slumping a bit on his seat "Other than that we just had a normal family gathering... Had a holiday feast, laughed at the christmas sweaters mom made for us! it was hilarious! Even dad had one!" Richie wipe the tear off the corner of his eye from laughing at the memory he looked at Andrew smiling at him "how did yours go?" he asked.

@DoomyCakez @Lackadaisical

Maybe he should have sat elsewhere.

Phineas really noticed the girls’ eyes on him once he was finally settled down. He imagined that he was being scanned, taken in, and analyzed. This wasn’t an altogether comfortable feeling which left him to wonder, as she was, why had he decided to sit there?

It was just that he had a system! He always sat in the same place! This seat allowed him a clear view of the board and there was less noise pollution from the boys in the back. But this was a stupid, stupid mistake.

She must have realized this because soon the girl was smiling and leaning close and good god he was so, so stupid. Surely the other boys would have teased him for sticking his neck out and actually accepting the game this time. He never did that. But he needed the credits and this girl was his opposition and it was going to be easy but who was he kidding? How the hell was he supposed to ignore this poor girl? She looked so nice, but –

Oh wait, she was speaking. Phin, take a deep breath, stop the panic thoughts – alright so she was from Korea? That’s pretty cool. It was such a fluid, familiar movement when he half turned towards her to introduce himself – he’d done it a million times before but his memory caught up to him through his swirling thoughts and he locked up before he even made eye contact.

Well at least his abrupt realization quelled the previous tornado of thoughts. There was just the slow swirl of fear and panic from the dawning reminder of just what was at stake. He’d worked too hard to lose his black uniform.

Phineas took another deep breath and turned back to face the front of the class, persistently ignoring the girl’s nice greeting. He subtly passed an arm over his notes to cover up his name that was scrawled at the corner of the paper, nervously tapped his fingers on his desk.
At this point Richie, Lucifer and Andrew had shuffled past and out the door. Phineas looked after them almost desperately before coming to a decision and used his free hand to pull out his phone. Quickly he sent off a text to the first name that came to mind:

Magnus,
I am NOT cut out for this ignoring business!
Please, help me?!

- Phineas
Maybe using Magnus as a life line was too much. But Phineas was desperate at the moment and really needed any excuse to abscond as soon as he could.

Honestly, he could probably just get up and move but… that’d be really too rude.

UaMsAuZ.png

divider.gif

@UnsafeSpaces @BanaNashi

So this kids was going to play hardball, was he, Lili's eyes unintentionally narrowing after being so close to catching him, but to have him quickly retreat back. She pouted at his silence, eyes falling as she watched his arm move up to cover his notes, his entire form looking as if someone has stuck a stick up his butt...like a puppet. Her eyebrow raised, blinking owlishly at him as she thought of another strategy. Clearly, he sucked at this ignoring game; however, that did little to deter his persistent determination to make it through the game...so what was his punishment if he lost? That could be the only reasoning for the look of horror in his eyes as he tried to avoid the tempting pull to be polite and speak...it was human nature to branch out...it did little to help that Lili was laying the cuteness on thick.

She lightly pursed her lips, brow furrowing as she was determined not to lose....
"If you won't tell me...I'll just find out myself." She glanced up, watching the line of boys leave, the blue uniforms holding hands as if they were some sort of couple. She felt her inner fangirl claw at her heart, but it was quickly overshadowed when she noticed something. The darker one made eye contact with her, causing a small hue of scarlet to break onto her cheeks. That look had been one of pity, something you gave to a kicked puppy or a homeless man. She did not like that look. She was going to make it through this game even if she had to bulldog her way through it.

It was then that she looked back at her classmate, eyes narrowing with new found determination as she reached across and grabbed his arm, lifting it so she could see his name. Her expression quickly turned innocent once more, her sweet smile and small voice singing out as she cooed his name in repeat.
"Phineas? I like that name. I will call you Finny Oppa." That was it, let Aegyo Lili shine through. She was going to win this game. "I am happy to meet you, Finny." Her grip moved down to his hand, taking it as she shook it, noting the softness of his skin. It made her smile a little brighter, genuine care working its way into her expression, shadowing the mild hint of mischief. She did not release his hand, instead giving it a small squeeze as she watched his reaction....This was more fun than she had expected.

Last edited:
As the day continue to move further into the afternoon, it appears as though all the men took this ignoring women very lightly. Since most of them forgot one condition that is vital in the first game never talk about women. Apparently none of them got the message. And to others surprise they were slowly losing credits one by one. And for some reason they weren't losing 300,000c some were losing more than that. That was when the male population had a realization: if you keep continuing to acknowledge women--even if you lost the first time, you will still continue to lose credit whenever women pledge your thoughts.

But it was still the first day after all.

The King's Game is just getting started.

wH4ayHz.png

BranchDividerLeft.png
@Cwolf0615 @Lackadaisical
"Ohhh!~ Killimg me softly...and I'm still falling~ Still the one I need, I will always be with you-u-uuu♪♬"

It seemed the atmosphere of IA had changed drastically with the implementation of the newest addition to the King's Games, causing many of the boys to nearly shit themselves out of fear of losing their comfy bed of creds that had taken them months or years to build up on...except for those who were carefree, heart cushioned by a surplus amount of these imfamous creds...nothing more than tokens of pride, meaning little to nothing in the real world; however, for the boys...and now girls...here, the thought of having no creds was basically a death sentence.

"Ohhhh!~ you got me alllll gone. Don't eva' let me goooo! Say it real loud if you fly, if you leave me you out of your mind!~ ♪♬"

The song was a little dated, but that did not stop the person walking down the hall, his boisterous voice vibrating off the walls and nearly shaking the ceiling, from singing it. Beyonce was a personal favorite, with her overbearing sass and unfathomable self worth...why couldn't every girl be like this...sassy and fierce.

The singer moved down the mostly empty halls, noting the few sparse uniforms of blue, black, and brown, huddled together in their own personal clusters as they discussed the terms to the King's newest mission.

"I'm not lying! 300,000 creds taken away if we so much as even look at one of those girls!"

"I thought it was if you talk to them..."

"I heard it was if you even smelt them..."

"You are an idiot, Miles."

All their voices fell upon death ears, the walker's large red headphones drowning out the multitude of whispers. The walker was quite tall, standing at about 6'2" with a muscular present comparable to an Adonis...that was his nickname, of course: Sebastion Faust, The IA Adonis.

His eyes slid open as he dance walked down the hall, lightly swaying his hips to the Queen B's undeniable jams. His hair, which was clean cut on the sides, the wavy chestnut locks on the top of his head falling perfectly into place, blew lightly from the breeze he created with his brisk walk. He had strong features, his Finnish blood showing through with his slightly paler skin and turquoise eyes. He had a smile upon his face, thick lips parting to emit those poetry like lyrics to anyone in the hall. Few ever questioned it...this was a rather common thing for Sebastion to do.

He was dressed in a white uniform, signaling his place as one of the Academy's elite...untouchable... wealthy...but not necessarily horrible. His song ended, his steps visibly slowly and he pulled his headphones down and around his neck, pausing his playlist as he glanced around. The game so far had done it's damage, a random black uniform balling in a nearby corner to one of his friends.

"IT TOOK ME ALL LAST YEAR TO EARN THOSE CREDS...only to have them taken away because of a pretty pair of blue eyes....I can't even afford-"

"Blue eyes, mate?" Sebastion interrupted, the carefree smile on his face switching to something rather apologetic. "Tough break, kid...but that's what happens when you play these games...She's a cruel beast, eh?" He chuckled as he stepped forward, resting a strong hand upon the other's shoulders. "I'll lend you some creds, Borris, but make sure you keep your eyes off of the girls until the week is over. Stick to the back ways to class...I'm pretty sure they don't know the routes yet." He gave that shoulder a light squeeze, his smile widening before he nodded to the others, watching the tears fade from the younger's face.

"T-thanks Sebastion..."

"Think nothing of it!" He laughed, straightening as he pulled out his handkerchief and offered it to the other. "You just owe me a favor later on, Kay?" He had a slight smirk on his face, but this was a common thing in the school. The wealthy help the poor in exchange for some random deed. Sebastion's were never awful; however,it was a strike to any man's pride.

He waved to the group and continued down the hall, reflecting on his choice of joining the games. It was not a big deal for him to lose 300,000 creds, but it did not mean he wanted to lose one of the King's Games. His eyes narrowed slightly, brow furrowing as his steps slowed even more. It was about time to head to class; however, he was not exactly in the mood. Seeing his lesser classmates suffer left a sour taste in his mouth...and despite eating a mint or two, he could not dispell it.

He had yet to see any girls since the game's start, figuring himself lucky for having avoided the beast by taking the alternative routes to class, but he could not shake the feeling.

~ Eva Rivers ~

((@DoomyCakez ))

The last message received had changed the atmosphere of the academy tremendously. The unwanted attention Eva had previously been receiving was entirely gone, and instead of catcalls and whispered rumors, the boys gave her only silence. It was obvious that whatever the boy's challenge had been, it entailed ignoring the new female students. Not that anything otherwise could be expected. After all, the girl's challenge couldn't even exist if the boys were free to interact with them. It would be much too easy.

Not that Eva thought the challenge would be anything but. No, she was still convinced she had this first task in the bag, but first, she needed a target. She reached up, and tightened her ponytail, before hooking her thumbs in her pockets. Walking forward at a leisurely pace, she allowed her eyes to scan the halls for an appropriate victim. Class could wait, for now, she needed to ensure that she'd actually be allowed to stay at the school.

And that was when she noticed it. Loud, obnoxious singing. Reaching into her backpack, she pulled out her class schedule, and stared at it - as she attempted to catch sight of the singer out of her peripheral vision. He was tall, athletic, and wearing a white uniform. Perfect. Rich, and outgoing, as no shy person would be caught dead singing in the hallways.

She glanced around for a few moments, as if she was lost - giving the boy time to separate from the others - and then shoved her schedule back into her backpack.

"Crap, crap, gonna be late." She mumbled, keeping her eyes on the ground, as she broke into a full speed run down the hall.

She allowed herself to veer dangerously to the left and right as she ran, feigning clumsiness she did not, and never had, possessed; And then, just as she neared Sebastion, she let the tip of her sneaker catch and drag against the ground, causing her to trip. With arms flailing, she fell forward, bumping into the boy before she landed flat on her face in front of him. She even allowed her knee to bang and scrape against the floor as she landed, in hopes that the newly forming bruise would make the stunt more believable. After all, a dramatic entrance was much more difficult to ignore - and what was it everyone always said? No pain, no gain. Words of wisdom.

Clutching at her leg, she propped herself up to a sitting position, and frowned, glancing up at Sebastion. "Didn't see you there, buddy."

Last edited by a moderator:
Liz slipped out of the classroom, heading out of the classroom to look around the school more. It would probably be better to wear down the same guys from earlier rather than trying a completely different person each time. To her luck, she managed to find them sitting in the canteen talking. At first she ignored them, using some of her already limited credits to buy a small lunch of a sandwich and a glass of water. When walking next she walked dangerously close to the table of Andy and Richie, carrying her tray. Upon passing them she pretended to be tripped, sliding slightly. She caught her sandwich, but her glass of water splashed all over her chest and top, making it a bit more... Revealing. "What the actual fuck was that for?!" She said angrily to Richie, the one who was sitting closest to the area where she feigned a trip.
@BanaNashi

"Mine was incredibly boring." Andrew said, taking a mouthful of his salad. "Both parents still had work to do, mother with out of hours lectures and assistance for dim witted students, and father with whatever he does now. Basically I spent it out with people, meeting new people and doing stuff." He explained, returning to his salad just before Liz came over and did her act, getting her top all wet. Not once did he look up from his salad after that.

@UnsafeSpaces

Magnus

The hallways were quieter than usual, a sort of throbbing silence having settled over them at the onset of the King's game. By the muffled grumbling and shifting eyes of his fellow students (male of course, he was careful not to even look at the passing females) Magnus could tell he wasn't the only one put off by the kings antics. They were nervous. On edge. The air felt tense and Magnus couldn't help but feel a sense of deja vu. It was eerily similar to the end of the year last year. Then too many had felt the king had gone too far.

Magus's phone chimed but he ignored it. For now at least, He decided to skip his first class. With most students heading to their first days activities the grounds were empty and Magnus was able to breathe. Think. Exist without the threat of accidental making eye contact with a girl. Several minutes later he remembered his phone.

Magnus,

I am NOT cut out for this ignoring business!
Please, help me?!

- Phineas

Magnus's lips twitched upward into a wry smile at the thought of Phineas. To Magnus, friendships were like political alliances, strategic, and in a way his relationship with Phin was somewhat out of character. The older boy had taken a liking to Magnus soon after he arrived. Something about Phineas's earnestness attracted Magnus to him. They were made of very different things, he and Phineas. Magnus stopped for a moment, glancing around before leaning against a tall Oak tree. He checked his watch. If he went to class now he would be late, but not more than a few minutes. This particular professor, he knew, would not take kindly to his tardiness but it was the first day after all. He turned towards the building.

Give me two minutes.

- M

--- A few minutes later ---

"Just find a seat Steele." The balding man grumbled, in response to Magnus's excuse. "And do try to remember where your classes are."

Magnus nodded absently, using the conversation to instead survey the room. "Of course sir. Thank you sir."

Phineas was seated at his usual seat and although Magnus didn't look close enough to actually see the girl, he could hear her whispers attempting to get his attention. Magnus settled into the seat in front of Phineas and without looking at the blonde haired boy began removing assorted items from his bag. A pencil. A notebook. A glass bottle of mineral water. He scribbled in the margins for a moment and thought. He couldn't talk to Phineas about the girl and really he didn't want to even acknowledge Phineas's text message. Too risky. Instead, after checking to see that the teacher was turned towards the blackboard, he returned to a familiar subject.

"I do believe I should have skipped." He said quietly, turning slightly in his seat to speak to Phineas without directly looking at him or, for that matter, the girl beside him. "It is entirely too nice a day to be stuck listening to Barnes. His voice is so..... grating." He glanced forward, both to check that the teacher had not heard him and for the break in conversation. When he was sure he wouldn't be heard, Magnus turned towards Phineas again. He realized now that the girl had her hand on Phineas's arm. "So tell me about your holiday." Magnus said, leaning in his seat. He set an elbow upon Phineas's desk, feigned a yawn and then let eyelids drop as he stared at the shining leather shoes of the boy across the aisle. After a moment he also grabbed his water bottle, unscrewed the cap and took a sip. "I swear if I have to listen to Barnes for another second I'm going to fall asleep."

Magnus liked Phineas, but this was getting a little close for comfort. Hopefully the girl would take her sights off Phineas, but if not Magnus had other plans.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
~Phineas Crawford~

The chances of Phineas winning this game were slipping away with each passing second.

Hadn’t the teacher showed up? Surely she’d at least get the hint and instead turn her attention towards her learning. But no, she was apparently pledging to finding out his name on her own. The boy struggled where he sat, casting hurried and anxious glances towards his phone. He really didn’t expect Magnus to respond but he desperately wished that he would.

Magnus was known for skipping classes. Phineas knew it was unlikely for the older boy to even acknowledge his message but the two had developed something. He liked to think that it was mutual respect but it probably had something to do with his willingness to provide sincerity to his younger classmates. What he lacked in credits, he made up for in honestly and cold, hard, solutions to twists in the Kings Game. Turned out that his words actually accounted for something when it mattered most.

But in this situation, he couldn't do anything. He'd normally be so open to conversation with the girl but now he could tell she was just going to cause him problems. His phone chimed the same moment Lili decided to force his arm off his paper.

The boy practically yanked his arm away out of reflex. This wasn't what he expected or wanted! He had to bite his lip to stop himself from reprimanding the chick for being so forceful before he remembered that she probably had very little choice. The girls were a part of this game too. Still, she didn't need to go this far, did she?

Damn, the girl was giving him a nickname now to top it all off. He just wanted to sink deep in his seat and pretend he was one of the tiles beneath his feet. But instead he was suppressing the uncomfortable shudder he got when she shook his hand and lingered there. His fingers twitched in reflex but his cheeks quickly gained some heat when she squeezed his hand again. What was she doing?! This was u-uncalled for and definitely hard for him to ignore. Thankfully, he was saved by Mr. Barns' grumble;

"Just find a seat Steele."

The familiar exasperation made the boy perk up just as Magnus sat down in front of him. Oh thank God, he actually showed up.

Magnus was a sickly looking kid. It took Phineas a while to realize that that was his normal complexion and not a sign of an ailment. The first few times they were starting to get chummy, Phinny had persisted to give Magnus parts of his lunch until it was clear that his classmate was generally fine. Persistant paleness was just a thing they sort of shared in common though it - simply Magnus to a harsher degree.

When his classmate mentioned the preference to be outside the class, Phineas couldn't help but duck his head a little and offer him a sheepish smile.

"I wasn't sure if today was going to be important since we just got back from break," he whispered back. "Trust me, I'd rather be out in the sun too."

It wasn't altogether a lie. While he really did prefer to stay in class, at the moment he'd rather get away from the stubborn girl at his side.

"Break? It was alright, just a lot of tourists around Bristol this time of year, you know?" As he spoke he had to ignore the fact that Lili had not released his hand yet. Magnus was turned partway, leaned on his desk, now and this was getting embarrassing. He couldn't even wriggle his way out of her grip without acknowledging that she was there to begin with.

Feeling his face heating up, he ignored the way his voice wavered as he nodded at his classmate; "tell me how your break went before you fall asleep, then. Surely your family must have gone on some sort of excursion this year." The chuckle that came out of him was practically strangled in his throat. Boy, was he not handling this very well. If he got out of this situation, he'd make sure to avoid any more girls at all costs.

@Lackadaisical @DoomyCakez

• Love
mishy.png

The halls were crowded with people, and the chaos was so perfect, like a movie. There were the spoiled brats on the left side of the hall, and about ten feet further down, the cliquey geeks. Opposite them, the cliquey jocks, and between them, the parade of bullies and party guys just doing whatever they want. There were the popular boys who never did anything but look at their reflections and the loners that hold pens and paper, writing their depression and misery through poems. And then there was Michelle, walking down in the middle of the chaos and just making her way towards her class.

She didn't find it weird that no boy is looking at her, nor acknowledging her presence. Besides, she received the text message from earlier and knew that the boys received a message too that would greatly hinder the girls' success on earning those huge amount of credits.

Arriving at the classroom, her heterochromatic eyes quickly scanned around to see a girl acting all cutesy to a guy and the guy talking to someone else. "Pathetic" Michelle muttered to herself before sitting on an empty chair not far away from the trio and taking out a pair of scissors from her pocket, watching the scene unfold. She didn't really care about the stupid game and she would definitely won't do something so desperate just to gain a mere 30,000 credits.

But why did she said Yes to the text message? Its quite simple really, she wanted to test this school; to test its students and test herself is she can still get what she wants. Of course there's a risk that she'll lose but it doesn't matter. Michelle is someone who wouldn't do thing half-heartedly. Besides, she was raised with a strong winners-mentality.

Smirking, she analyzed each and every boy in the classroom. Hmm.. that blonde guy seems too easy. No fun at all she thought to herself before her gaze shifted to the other one. Brown hair and icy blue eyes holding so much mystery. Now, this one would be a challenge. Michelle also thought that it would be much more ethical to prey with him than the blonde. Besides, there's already someone trying to gain his attention.

Putting the scissor back in her pocket, Michelle just watched her prey, identifying him as Magnus Claudius Steele. Its way too early for me to make a move. There will be a high chance of winning this petty game if I stay low for a while.

• Love
wH4ayHz.png

BranchDividerLeft.png

@Cwolf0615

Sebastion was alone in this part of the school, the hall scattered with large, Victorian windows, a few open to allow the gentle summer breeze to waft through. Barely any sunlight made it through sadly, the grey sky blocking out the yellow rays in earnest to protect all of the pale skin...it was such a common thing here.

Sebastion was lucky. Pale as he was, his complextion was far darker than that of his comrades, making him stand out slightly in the crowd...well maybe that made him unlucky. He thought he had been alone in this hall, being that this part of the school was mainly empty, said for one home ec. teacher, a economy teacher, as well as a quantum theory adaptation teacher. No one ever wanted to be here...so how had this cunnundrum managed to come about?

He had heard her coming, even if she was trying to be sneaky. The squeals of her tennis shoes against the polished floors made sure of that failure. Sebastion was greeted with a voice...something about being late; however, his "Sebby senses" were tingling. Something was up...and sure enough he was met with a harsh bump, the girl's full weight slamming against his back and nearly causing him to topple over. He tensed, catching himself by squaring his weigh as the sound of flying books and limbs echoed in the hall...then...silence.

He was frozen, eyes ahead as he processed what happened. These girls were not playing about this game. He had already heard about the girl that grabbed Phineas Crawford's hand...Sebastion eternally flinched, the girl's voice vibrating off the walls as she spoke. She was on the ground, Sebastion knew that much from the position of her voice, but he did not dare turn to look.

But...why was he fearful of the girls, treatimg them like a leper. In all honesty, if a girl was willing to go all lengths to get his attention, then for the sake of the game,Sebastion would do all in his powers to troll the hell out of her.

He straightened, muscular frame visibly towering over his opponent, and turned his head slightly to stare at the wall. This way he was not making eye contact, but he could see her from his peripheral vision. He could not make out what she looked like, but he could tell where all of her belongings were, especially the few books that had fallen free of her backpack...Sebastion grinned deviously for a moment, the mischief in his stare enough to make any mother caution; however, he remained light hearted before he turned fully, eyeing the books and belongs around the girl; however, not acknowledging her presence.

"Who would be so careless to leave their belongings lying around unattended?" He mused aloud, hand coming up to scratch his smooth chin. For some reason, he had never been able to grow facial hair..a real strike to his manhood, which he believed was flawless. He ignored that for now and leaned down, starting to retrieve the scattered belongs, even going so far as to move close to the girl, within her personal bubble until they were barely inches away. He still refused to acknowledge her, reaching past her to retrieve a scattered paper. His inner Casanova was screaming, a mild twitch coming to his eye as he noted to himself. Her hair smells nice...

He pulled back before she could react, standing with her books in hand as he gazed over them. "I wonder who these belong to...might as well take them to lost and found..." that would be the girl's punishment for trying to fool him out of 300,000 creds so foolishly. A cheeky smirk was on his lips as he stared down the hall, able to see the girl out of his peripheral once more. Once this week was up, he'd give her the attention she deserved as well as check her knee, but for now...they were simple pawns in the King's game, easily expendable... fair game...no matter how cute they were.

Sebastion turned as started down the hallway, the girl's books tucked in his arm tight as he whistled some random tune in his head.

Last edited:
  • Love
UaMsAuZ.png

divider.gif
@UnsafeSpaces @Lackadaisical @DANAsaur

Things were getting much stickier than Lili had wanted. With the entrance of the teacher, she knew she had better pay attention; however, that had done little to divert her dogged stubbornness when if came to her present situation, she was hand in hand with a strange, Western boy all for the sake of credits. She felt eternally stupid, that much could be told from the beet red that had stained her entire face. Her eyes said other wise. There was the hellfire of unrelenting determination there, no matter what was thrown her way.

She felt the other halt a flinch, his body tensing as he very much wished to rip away. He was not alone in the feeling. Lili wanted to die, the stares from the other boys, disbelief at her dogged forwardness, nearly causing her to turn purple...what was worse were the whispers.

"Crawford has a new girl friend."
"I didn't know he was into Hentai!"
"Dammmnn kid, you work fast! Go easy on him, short stack."

How she hated to do this, and so early in the game, too. It was unnecessary, but her competitive streak had driven her to stoop slightly. By any means necessary, right? Her eyes narrowed, gaze lifting to watch the new boy enter. Lili was not stupid, she had seen he and Phineas' eyes meet, despite their discretion. She gulped, watching him sit just in front of Phineas and start to speak. She gulped again...this was getting hairy, not to mention the girl that followed soon after, her cold gaze falling on the new boy in a matter of moments...possibly she had found her target. Lili could tell from her body language that she would not act now. It was too soon in the game. Lili had indeed taken the easy route...well at least she thought she had; however, this kid had connections... where as Lili had unrelenting determination.

Her thoughts were interrupted as the teacher suddenly spoke. "Miss Guo, because you are a new student, I will let this slide; however, this is your only warning. NO PDA IN MY CLASS. Now if you would be so kind as to release Mr.Crawford's hand..."

Lili jumped. Her eyes wide as she stared, owlishly at the teacher. Despite her want, she released her death grip on the other's hand, looking to him rather apologetically as the immature "oooooh's" filled her ears. She was not going to give up. Phineas was now her main target, only for her pride and honor. "I'm sorry, Professor." She said quietly, fishing out her pen and notebook as the professor started the lesson. Phineas was not out of the water yet...she'd get him after class. To the other boy, she did not worry about him, for it seemed that the other girl already had him in her sites.

Last edited:
  • Love
- Nicholas "Nicky" Harred -

Nicholas was careful as he made his way to class, sticking to low-traffic hallways, and keeping his head down and his eyes fixed directly on his notebook the entire time. He refused to so much as cast a passing glance around the room, for fear that a girl would be standing there - preferring to accidentally bump into other students several times, instead. He'd joined the game on a whim, without giving it any thought. Now that it was too late to turn back though, the fear and dread had begun to kick in. What was it that Karl Kraus had said? 'A weak man has doubts before a decision; a strong man has them afterwards.'

Nicholas had heard that quote a million times over his lifetime, spewed from his father's mouth every time the boy had been overwhelmed with the doubts that seemed to plague him so often. Personally, he'd always thought that was a load of BS. 'A cautious man has doubts before a decision; a stupid fool who rushes into things too quickly has them afterwards.' had always seemed more appropriate, in his mind. Still though, as he walked towards his class, silently cursing himself for beginning what he was now starting to believe was the game that would ruin his life, he couldn't help but replay that quote over and over again in his mind; A habit he'd never be able to break, thanks to his father.

He couldn't help but feel like he was stuck in some low-budget horror movie, with the sinister spirits that were the girls threatening to jump out at him around any corner. 'Just remember, they can't get you if you don't look at them!' He could practically hear the old inn-keeper cackle, as he walked into class, where some of the ghouls were sure to be hiding.

He was late, but he didn't mind. It was for the best, left not even the slightest possibility of before class interaction. Had he had the nerves for it, he might have skipped class altogether - it certainly would have been safer, that way. With a mumbled out "Sorry, my bad, won't happen again," He quickly pushed past the teacher, and found himself a seat towards the back, near the corner. He set his notebook down, and began to scribble in it with his dominant hand, using his other arm to shield his face the best he could from those around him. He pretended he was paying attention, though he was actually doing anything but, and was in all actuality already in the process of planning his after-class escape plan.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: DoomyCakez
~ Eva Rivers ~
((@DoomyCakez ))

"Well that backfired..."

Eva knew right away that her plan had failed. He waited too long. From her experience, normal human reaction dictated that he should have turned towards her immediately, naturally curious to lay eyes on the source of the disruption. But he didn't. Rather, he stood there in silence for a few moments. She frowned slightly, a bit disappointed her entrance hadn't managed to get his attention. She wasn't discouraged, though. No, he was going to be more of a challenge than she expected, but she was still determined to get this boy's attention, even if she had to follow him around all week to do so.

She wasn't surprised when, upon turning towards her, he directed his gaze to the wall. With his body turned more towards her, she was able to get a better look at him. He was even taller than he had looked from afar, and towered over her. She could tell he definitely worked out, not just from his fit figure, but from that fact that when bumping into him she could tell he had at least a good fifty pounds on her. She would almost describe him as handsome, with his tall stature and chiseled figures. But then again, she had said almost. She never had been a big fan of romance, and certainly didn't let such silly things cloud her head during a competition.

Though not surprised that he never once flickered his gaze towards her, she was surprised when he spoke.
"Who would be so careless to leave their belongings lying around unattended?" He mumbled; And then he was close, uncomfortably close even, as he reached past her to swipe up her things before she had time to react.

"Oh no way, that is not acceptable." She thought with a scowl, as she quickly jumped to her feet. He was already off down the hall, having mumbled something about the lost and found.

She quickly tucked a few stray strands of hair behind her ear - she couldn't stand things in her face - and smoothed down her now crumpled shirt, all of which had been put into a state of disarray during her 'fall'. As soon as she was finished, she slung her backpack back over her shoulder, and broke into a light jog.

She was fast, with running being towards the top of her list of favorite sports, and it only took her a few short moments to catch up to Sebastian. She quickly stepped in front of him, and then spun around to face him, stretching her arms out to block his path the best she could. She leaned forward, until her chin was nearly touching his chest, and glanced up, in an attempt to force him to look at her. "Excuse me." She said flatly, a look of annoyance visible on her face. "But, as I'm sure you very well know, those books under your arm-" She reached forward to tap her hand against one. "belong to me; And, stupid game or not, this is theft, and I won't hesitate to report it to the proper authorities."

Reactions: Lackadaisical
wH4ayHz.png

BranchDividerLeft.png

@Cwolf0615

This girl was fast...more so, she was persistent, but Sebastion could not blame her, being that she had 30,000 credits on the line; however, Sebastion's price was far heftier.

As he walked away, her heard her footsteps nearly shaking the hallway. She had dinosaur steps, causing the other to frown with mild annoyance as he quickened his steps to try an avoid her. Much to his satisfaction, she was far faster, catching up to him despite his attempt to avoid her.

The moment she stepped in front of him he felt lucky that his gaze was up towards the ceiling, knowing full and well that he could not stop or avoid her being that that would mean that he was acknowledging her. He had to make a quick decision, and unfortunately for her, that decision was to keep forward. She held her arms at her side, speaking nonsense about proper athorities; however, she would only be greeted by his solid trunk of a chest, pushing forward and past her as if she wasn't even there. In truth, Sebastion felt rather slimy for barging into her as he had; however, those were the rules of the game and Sebastion was not in the mood for losing.

He had run into her, yes, but he kept forward, shifting as her hand poked the books to keep them from dropping as he rounded the corner and kept down the hall and singing a tune softly to himself. "Baby love me XO~♪♬。。。"

He had actually thought her attempt was cute, unable to hide the small smirk on his lips as he straightened his tie. He did not dare look back to check on her, but he was internally kicking himself at the thought of hurting her. Maybe he would buy her lunch at the end of the week...

@DoomyCakez @Cwolf0615 @

Magnus

Phineas's voice came out as a sort of squeak, still obviously rattled by the girls touch. Still, she had turned back to her own work after a reprimand by Mr. Barnes, so there was an improvment. "My break was rather dull, actually. I accompanied my mother to visit my sister in Granada, which was pleasant enough, but then my father arrived and well..." Magnus let his voice trail, but not in a way that suggested undue emotion. His relationship with his father was strained at best, but he had distanced himself from the matter. Like so many other things. "... safe to say I was happy to be home again."

The immediate threat of the girls attention, it seemed, had been thwarted and after a sharp glare from the teacher Magus turned to face the front of the class. "I'll talk to you after class though," He said. Then lowering his voice. "Don't want to give old Barnes an aneurysm."

James

James scowled at his phone, more irritated at himself for playing the game at all than he was at the Kings antics. Last year, he had sworn to avoid the game. Calling it petty and childish. Over the break, however, he'd had a change of heart. To understand the King, he reasoned, he had to understand the game. It wouldn't do to not be in the know.... or so he'd thought. Now his choice seemed to put him at a distinct disadvantage, not to mention the fact. In less than a minute the arrival of the girls, which James had been looking forward to, was soured. The King had taken away even the joy of simple conversation or even casual appreciation of the female form.

The dark haired boy did not move with some of the same jerky, eye-contact avoiding movements that seemed common now among the male students, but instead engaged himself in various greetings with other males. When he spotted Sebastion engaged with, thought not acknowledging, a female student James let out a sigh. So neither of them had been able to resist the Kings temptation. Perfect.

Dodging students, both male and female, James made his way towards Sebastion. He fought to suppress a smirk as he listened to their conversation... or lack of conversation. In any other circumstance it would have been immensely entertaining but with the knowledge that Sebastion would have to wait a week to make if up to the poor girl, something the affable blonde was likely to find difficult, it was less so.

Sebastion rounded a corner and James quickened his pace. Soon he was upon them, at which point he veered slightly to the left. Now the three walked almost in a group with James to the left, Sebastion to the right and the dark haired girl.... a fairly cute dark girl in fact... in the center. With the long strides granted to him by nature of being tall and particularly athletic, James kept a quick pace. His aim, of course, being to keep the girl... or lack of a girl he supposed... just a step or two behind. James ignored the girl completely, instead turning to his friend and staring intently at the "Anon: The Silent Influence of Female Authors in Wartime. Margaret Tymes." James said casually, just loud enough to be heard over Sebation's headphones. The title, of course, was a fake. The singing boy held the books too close for James to be able to read them. He spoke confidently, however, trusting in Sebastion to pick up on the game. "Are you taking Women's Lit this quarter, Sebastion?"

It was dangerous, James realized, to be walking so close to the girl. Close enough to smell her perfume, to catch the slight accent in her voice. To be playing games around her. But something about it thrilled James. It simply wasn't in his nature to play it safe, to cower and run away as so many of the other males seemed to be doing. Like the King, James preferred to play with fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.