Immortality's End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there goes Bob. Alright. A few things I'll note from this test that was discussed.

• Distances will be modified. From now on, a "Speed versus Speed" roll is solely for disengaging from a battle. You only use this when you want to completely stop battling and run away. The distances you may move through Speed are moot now, to save us from the hell that is infinite kiting.
  • I'll be adding a "Common Natural Debuffs" list to the Rules tab. This will include things like being knocked down, pushed away, blinded, etc... Please give me as many of these natural debuff ideas as you can!
  • I will note now that the dice rolls you do should be in logical order. You shouldn't be rolling Might before you've rolled Finesse to even hit an opponent!
  • When rolling, please add your numbers up so I don't have to. :3

Time for another test with @ERode and Aesil!

TOM THE VICTORIOUS RISES TO AVENGE HIS YOUNGER BROTHER, BOB. Unfortunately Sahms disappeared, leaving his friend Aesil in the dust!

"Tom the Victorious"
Stats:
Might - 8
Finesse - 8
Fortitude - 6
Health - 5
Speed - 5
Perception - 5
Arcane - 4
Spirit - 4
Abilities:
Victory Blade - No Scaling
For every point of damage Tom deals, he gains +1 Arcane for the duration of the battle.
Victory or Death - Scales with Arcane
By sacrificing 1 point of Health, Tom can pour all of his Arcane into his Might for 2 turns. For each point of natural Arcane transferred, Tom gains a point of Fortitude for 2 turns.
Follower of Lord Drakanael - Scales with Fortitude
Whenever Tom successfully blocks damage, Tom may immediately follow up with a Blinding attack scaling with Fortitude against the opponent's Spirit. Blind lasts for 2 turns and lowers opponent's Finesse by 2 and their Perception by 4.

Tom shouts out to Aesil angrily and raises his sword valiantly! "For Rautefracht!" he cries, before charging after Aesil with a fierce series of strikes. Pitifully, Tom realizes all too late that the cow he was swinging at was, indeed, not Aesil.

Aesil was just heading over to meet up with Sahms for a friendly game of 'fuck you stop stealing my niches', when a knight (needs confirmation, can't believe he ambushed her and failed regardless) popped out of the woodwork with a swing that missed.

"Ok desu."

She starts off with one punch.

Dodge
2 + 8 = 10

Accuracy
11 + 7 = 18

Damage
7 + 12 = 19

Not to be disgruntled, Tom turns to face Aesil valiantly as she throws out such a mundane and simple punch! Her punch hits home but stops short, clanging against the armor pitifully before it suddenly emits an intense light! Tom brings his sword over his head and follows up with a downward cleave!

Dodge and Defend:
2 + 5 Speed = 7
16 + 6 Fortitude = 24

Blinding Counter-attack:
11 + 6 Fortitude = 17

Attack:
11 + 8 = 19
8 + 8 = 16

"Oh boy."

Resist Blind Bullshit

4 + 2 = 6

Unexpectedly, it appears that everyone is now jumping on the reaction train as well, and Aesil has found herself blinded by the glory of the Empire! Well, she can still run if she's blind, probably...but where's the FUN IN THAT?!?!?!?!

Speed
8 + 8 = 16
Fort
1 + 2 = Crit Fail

A violent force shuddering through her body as the knight's blade cleaved through her flesh, diagonally cutting into her chest. Not deterred, however, Aesil brings strength into her thunder thighs and dashes inwards. She may be blind, but the knight's own attack told her where he was.

Finesse
14 + 1 = 15
JUSTICE KICKKKK
12 + 3 = 15
SHOCKWAVE CUTTERRRR

HP: 3
Rapture: 0.5

Last edited:
Effective Arcane: 5

Tom steadies himself after the strike, readying for a fllow-up despite the girl's blindness. Her determined charge was far too directed to be simple luck. She disappeared in a flash. Far too fast to even see. Tom is suddenly impacted by a powerful force, pushing him back several feet. The blow impacted hard enough to strike past his armor, bruising his chest. The shockwave that followed merely blew him back several more feet, but left him unharmed. He turned to find Aesil behind him, and took a turning swing for the girl with his sword.

Dodge and Defend:
7 + 5 Speed = 12
2 + 6 Fortitude = 8 (against Might)
8 + 6 Fortitude = 14 (against Speed)

Health: 4/5

Attack:
18 + 8 = 26
15 + 8 = 23

Last edited:
Dodge
3+8 = 11
Fort
9+2 = 11

Not expecting the knight to recover so quickly from her strike, Aesil's reactions lagged behind her body as another slash was landed, the blade cutting into her left arm. Blood flowed, and with it, the hunger. Feeding off pain and rage, she draws out the Tempest, unleashing a flurry of stabs into Tom's victorious face.

Finesse
5 + 7 +3 = 15
Might
10 + 12 = 22

HP: 2
Rapture: 1

Last edited:
Keeping a level head, Tom maintains his senses and summarily blocks each of Aesil's stabs. With a final push of his sword forward, he makes room to attack himself, and swings horizontally again at Aesil's stomach.

Effective Arcane: 6

Dodge and Defend:
12 + 5 = 17
12 + 6 = 18

Attack:
17 + 8 = 25
11 + 8 = 19

Dodge
14 + 8 = 22
Fort
18 + 2 = 20

Unnerved by the knight's uncanny skills, Aesil barely managed to parry the horizontal swing, sliding it up her blade and opening up his chest for a split second. Diving in, she lashes out towards a dent in his armor, the same place she had smashed into before.

Attack
3 + 7 = 10
Damage
1 + 12 = 13

HP: 2

Taking note of her gaze at his wounded armor, Tom anticipates Aesil's next striking point and dodges the strike, positioning himself just beside her before she can even finish her attack. Tom leans in for an elbow strike to her head.

Dodge and Defend:
20 + 5 = 25 (Crit, +10 Finesse)
7 + 6 = 13

Effective Arcane: 6

Attack:
6 + 8 + 10 = 24
5 + 8 = 13

Dodge
11+8 = 19

Fort
4+2 = 6

Reeling forwards from the heavy blow to her head, Aesil could feel blood ooze from a cut opened in her scalp, dying her white hair red. If it was any other day, she would have taken all these injuries as a sign to cut losses and retreat, but for this particular instance...

The huntress bit her tongue, soaking her mouth with the taste of iron as a berserk strength flowed into her body. As she pitched forwards, she flip kicked, hoping to slam the edge of her heel into Tom's chin.

Accuracy
7 + 8 + 6 = 21
Damage
5 + 12 =17

HP: 1
Debuffs:
-1 Fort

Last edited:
Alright. Going to call off the tests for now. Need to sleep. Before I go though I'll bring some updates to the table:

• From now on, you can only get 1 Critical Fail per battle. This means that after your first roll of a 1 with the d20, you will no longer get Critical Fails by rolling 1.
  • Everyone gets 10 extra stat points! Hooray!

Alright. Going to call off the tests for now. Need to sleep. Before I go though I'll bring some updates to the table:

• From now on, you can only get 1 Critical Fail per battle. This means that after your first roll of a 1 with the d20, you will no longer get Critical Fails by rolling 1.
  • Everyone gets 10 extra stat points! Hooray!
Hooray!! I adjusted the stats and switched Decimate Defense for Back Stab. Please tell me if you think it needs buff or debuff or anything. Also, I would suggest Fear as a natural debuff. Maybe Confuse too, but eh too final fantasyish...

All this testing makes me want to try my luck e_e

Edit: oh lol

Stat points assigned~.

Rest in peace Bob. Gone, but not forgotten.

Never mind. I'm able to do so consistently.
Thank you.

Rest in peace, Bob.

@Asuras Did some major tweaking. Take a look, please. Trying to give Aesil a more hunter-y feel, with tons of Perception. Also added more tiered effects. Might be too much though.
Might - 12
Finesse - 8
Fort - 1
Health - 5
Speed - 4
Arcane - 0
Perception - 16
Spirit – 4

One Eye that Sees All
Roll Perception vs 1/2 Speed + 1/2 Finesse when attacked by an enemy action or reaction. If successful, able to read the mind and physical tells of the enemy, making a Perception roll vs whatever roll they use to hit instead. Basically, acts as precognitive dodge of sorts. If an undodgeable attack is used, half Perception is rolled instead of a Fort roll.

Can roll Perception vs Spirit as an action, in order to use Perception in lieu of Finesse on the next turn.
If Critical Success is made on Perception vs Spirit, +10 is added to the defensive Perception roll.

Savage Fury

Aesil takes 1 turn to mark a target. This mark can not be removed unless the fight ends. The marked target's strongest defensive stat (including ones associated to defensive abilities that allow for the substitution of Fort or Speed) is reduced to 2/3s of the original value whenever Aesil makes an attack roll against them.

Can permanently consume a stat point for an Extreme Extra Effort boost for a single roll.

Tempestuous Dance
Effects occur depending on how much Aesil’s Might roll exceeds the target’s Fort roll.

+4 = knocked back, reduces attack roll against Aesil by 2 for one turn.
+6 = broken, reduces Speed or Fort by 2 for a number of turns equal to Aesil’s Might divided by 3. Stackable. If stacked, duration does not decrease or increase for that turn.
+8 = bloodied, Aesil drinks their blood and draws strength from it, healing 1 HP.
+10 = stunned, makes a d20 roll against enemy's d20 roll. If succeeds, enemy cannot use an action for one turn.
+12 = dazed, Aesil can attack again.
+14 = crippled, Aesil can attack again without rolling Finesse vs Speed.

Effects can be purchased by the exceeding value. Effects can be purchased multiple times for increased effectiveness.
Upon Critical Success on a damage roll, adds +6 bonus to whatever value it has exceeded by, in exchange for dealing only one damage.

Last edited:
LHC0Rf1.jpg

Name: Amulak al Acterus

Personality: Calm, patient, and ruthless, Amulak is a power-hungry, ambitious individual. While he had once been an upstanding, idealistic man despite being a necromancer, his ascention into lichdom corrupted his mind, leaving the desire to conquer and subjugate where there had once been revolutionary idealism. Undeath has also warped his view of people: he treats them amicably enough, but ultimately views them as disposable resources, as they can always be raised as another undead.

However, the loss of his phylactery has humbled him, fearing death now that he was vulnerable to its grasp. As such, he strives to remain polite and inoffensive, if only to limit his number of potential enemies.

Biography: According to imperial records, the dread lich Amulak al Acterus came to power a century and a half ago in a foolish attempt to rebel against the Empire and claim the throne for himself. In an attempt to circumvent the devastating power of the Angel, the lich bided his time for decades until he felt it was time to strike, raising scores of undead across multiple countries on two continents with the help of multiple apprentice necromancers and ordering them to conceal themselves until he gave the command to strike. However, when his attack finally began, even this was not enough. Even as he and his apprentices hid themselves and continued to raise an army of the dead, they were still not enough to defeat the Imperial Knights. Amulak practically drowned the Knights in a sea of undead, but the Priestess continued to raise them. And even worse, every attempt he made to try to raise a fallen Imperial Knight as an undead failed, as the Priestess was quicker on the draw than he was every single time. Time proved to be his undoing, as Amulak's armies couldn't break past the empowered Imperial Knights, much less the Phalanx, before the Angel destroyed every concentrated force of undead he had raised.

The Knights' hunt for Amulak and his apprentices was relentless, spanning one hundred years and two generations of Knights before Amulak himself was finally cornered, his phylactery discovered and shattered. Refusing to be unceremoniously executed by the Knights, Amulak cast a spell as he was cornered, burying himself within his own lair as he seemingly committed suicide. Or so the Imperial Knights believed. In reality, the lich used a potent magical artifact to escape the collapse of his lair, though not without great loss.

A lich's phylactery was the container for their very soul and the reason they could not be slain by conventional means. No matter how gruesome the death, the lich would always resurrect back into a state of unlife as long as their phylactery was intact. Over the century that the Knights had hunted down Amulak and his coven, Amulak had been slain no less than three dozen times. The only reason that the Knights' hunt for him had lasted as long as it did was because of the difficulty involved in finding and shattering his phylactery.

The loss of his phylactery, and thus, his soul, had greatly weakened Amulak's magical abilities, rendering him no more powerful than a mere mortal spellcaster. He was still undead, so he would not die from natural causes, but his next death would be final. And so he laid low, biding his time over several decades as he tried to find a way to restore his magical power until he was approached to join the Bloodpeace Guild.

Stats:
Might - 1
Finesse - 8
Fortitude - 7
Health - 10
Speed - 1
Perception - 4
Arcane - 12
Spirit - 7

Abilities:
Legion of the Dead - Whether it be mere skeletons, corpses, or horrific abominations of flesh and bone that he has fused together, Amulak can raise and empower the dead through his necromancy to do his bidding and overwhelm his foes.

When cast, roll Arcane to determine the class and strength of the undead servant. Attack with two rolls: one with the minion's Might versus the defender's Fortitude, and one with Amulak's Arcane versus the defender's Spirit.

Leeching Grasp - Spectral hands reach out to grasp the enemy, draining the very life out of them and transfering their energy back to the caster.

Roll Arcane vs Fortitude. If the attacker wins, replenish the amount of health to the attacker that was dealt to the defender. On Critical Success, immobilize the defender for a turn.

Desecration - Defile the very earth in an area, rendering it unable to support life. Those standing on desecrated ground begin to falter and lose their strength. Amulak and his undead are immune to these effects, as they are not alive.

AoE debuff field. If Arcane vs Spirit roll is failed, reduce Might and Speed of affected targets.

Equipment:

Mask - Covers up the fact that he's a lich with a skull for a face.

Staff - Arcane staff for casting spells.

Theme Song(s):

Voice actor: James Horan

Last edited:
I knew there would be a necromancer with minion master build. I just knew it. Props to the undertale music as well.

This looks like a fun, original rp. Count me in, I'll have a character up tonight.

This looks like a fun, original rp. Count me in, I'll have a character up tonight.
Are you sure?
It might be more complicated than you think, especially if you haven't dealt with dice before.
The last person who said that didn't make it alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.