Immortality's End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being two thousand years old is probably too much. Asuras probably won't allow for immortal shenanigans the first place. And geez, what ever happened to 20 AC clerics? XD

We're getting a lot of people!

Reactions: NaYe
Being two thousand years old is probably too much. Asuras probably won't allow for immortal shenanigans the first place. And geez, what ever happened to 20 AC clerics? XD
I worried about the generic "I'm old so I'm cool" character but I took the leap *regrets*

The use of the word 'immortal' was kind of incorrect on my part since pointy ears is very much as mortal as the next dead guy. If he gets maimed and loses enough blood then he'll drop faster than an aeroplane with a shit pilot. Point is he can die through combat (or some sort of fatal disease), literally wither away because of depression, but isn't really affected through aging? Might be too OP (I like how I'm questioning my screw up now).

I wasn't really sure what the cap was on the age area but I'll drop it as low as is permitted.

Reactions: Raven Haruka
Honestly, my main problem with ancient people is that, even after 2000 years of living and nursing a revenge complex for the Empire...he's only the same level as a 17 year old human girl?

I mean, what has he been doing most of his life? XD

Also, Zombs, you can get flat AC via heavy armour, can't you?

Also, Zombs, you can get flat AC via heavy armour, can't you?
Yeah, the whole equipment thing is the chunk that's non-existent.

Honestly, my main problem with ancient people is that, even after 2000 years of living and nursing a revenge complex for the Empire...he's only the same level as a 17 year old human girl?

I mean, what has he been doing most of his life? XD
And that part I really can't explain other than "he has been in hiding and other than hunting prey, has not been engaging in combat"

Really shit excuse I know and doesn't explain at all why he couldn't have been stronger before essentially dropping out of existence.

Another explanation could be that he's been significantly weakened due to withering? Either one that clears it up better.

Last edited by a moderator:
But why would he be in hiding? Only reason he'll be hunted by the Empire is if he was part of a rebellion...but it doesn't seem like he was. They're not going to kill someone just because that 'someone' trains extensively in the martial arts. XD

Even if he was a fugitive, after one hundred years, no one is going to remember him.

But why would he be in hiding? Only reason he'll be hunted by the Empire is if he was part of a rebellion...but it doesn't seem like he was. They're not going to kill someone just because that 'someone' trains extensively in the martial arts. XD

Even if he was a fugitive, after one hundred years, no one is going to remember him.

Point set. It's not neccesarily that he believes the empire is still out and about trying to eradicate what few of his race is left but the fact that he's in all honesty tired of the Empire's bullshit.

That's just a crude of saying he'd rather be a hermit than partake in a world run by something he despises. Melodromatic.

At the same time he's not going to go vigilante Robin Hood and commit petty crimes that's about the equivalent of an annoying poke to the Empire's backside. So if he had to patiently wait for their downfall then so be it. He's got the time. Extra satisfaction points if he can help in the process.

There's also another driving motivation but I dont think it needs to be explained right now.

Well that was quite the surge in interest. I'll get to looking over everyone's submissions.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Well that was quite the surge in interest. I'll get to looking over everyone's submissions.
)Oh, mine will come on Tuesday.
School's starting, so I'll be busy with my family and stuff. I'm working on it though (did I say that before?)

@Jakers
Blood PEACE, not Blood PIECE. xD
Look very good. I'll note now that the healing potency of her Invigoration Shot will be a lot less than you're used to from previous roleplays. The damage system is built such that battles will (hopefully) be longer, and so healing should be less prevalent. At most it'll be something like healing 1 point of health over 2 or 3 turns, and non-stackable.
Accepted!

@The Mernsicle
Dimitri's image is unavailable! D:
Unfortunately your grammar and spelling expertise is a bit lacking for what I expect in my roleplays.

@ERode
+1 points for the image.
BLOODPEEEAAAACEEE. Also the Empire is called the Rautefracht Empire (should have said that earlier). Bloodpeace is the assassins guild.
The Critical Succes bonus of One Eye is a bit much. Lower it to 6.
Looks good! Accepted.

@SirStabby
Looks great! For Parry, you can have it either that he parries using Might OR Finesse (to simulate either using strength or finesse to redirect an attack).
Accepted.

@Zombehs
I've already talked to you on Skype.
Accepted!

@RJS
Since Sepulchral Mist is a passive effect in the area, it will have reduced Arcane when rolling against an opponent's Might. Otherwise it would be like getting free Arcane attacks every turn, whilst still being able to take normal action.
Otherwise looks good. Accepted!

@Raven Haruka
I'm not sure how her Hell's Distribution stats work. 10-15 of what? If she gets 10-15 on her Fortitude roll? If her roll is 10-15 higher than the opponent's? Going to have to clarify this one a bit more.

@Fæ
If you want to at least give me a tl;dr through PM of his backstory, I'd appreciate it!

@The Mernsicle
Dimitri's image is unavailable! D:
Unfortunately your grammar and spelling expertise is a bit lacking for what I expect in my roleplays.
That's a bit disappointing, but I respect it, if you have a roleplay like this I could join, Please inform me. This type of RP was what I was looking for since October.

Excellent suggestion! I will add that to my CS.

images

Name : Rifth Ker
Biography : At a young age Rifth was thought WaPaRan, a martial arts style invented by a gladiator who was drunk more often than not in 73 AD. It is said that this gladiator killed 50 people in the space of 3 hours using nothing but his bare hands. From observations of the drunken gladiator, the fighting style WaPaRan was made. He was thought the fundamentals by his mother and would, after his mother died, be further thought by his father. Time went on, Rifth was too old to be taught and his father was too old to teach, so Rifth decided he would explore ( noob mistake, never go outside xD )

A cold windy day, Rifth was going on about his business ( walking ) when an explosion went off, one that would have otherwise killed him had the seven foot man in a banana costume not been there. Banana-Man he was called. An inspiration, what all men and women alike should aspire to be. A true hero. Unfortunately weeks later Banana-Man was found dead, he had died in the heat of battle like the hero he undoubtedly was. Since then Rifth has opened a shop that sells nothing but bananas in Banana-Man's name, adopted the phrase : "No being that likes bananas can be all bad." And seeked vengeance against the empire, FOR BANANA MAAAN !!! and liberty BUT MAINLY FOR BANANA MAAAN !!!!

Personality : Despite having love for something with immense comedic properties such as the banana he's quite serious and pessimistic. Well you'd think someone with a great deal of pessimism wouldn't try fighting a moving train, or a bear OR A GODAMM MOTHER FUDGING TSUNAMI. The fact of the matter is he's done all these things ( won 1 lost 2 ). Once thrilled with a fight his pessimism and logic get thrown out the window to extent of taking on foes he has next to no chance of defeating, mechanical, alive, or other, this can be seen in his win to loss ratio - 1:35.

Stats
Might - 15
Finesse - 5
Fortitude - 5
Health - 9
Speed - 6
Perception - 0
Arcane - 0
Spirit - 0

Abilities
Strife - This ability allows him to make his attack 1.5 times stronger, but half of damage taken by opponent is dealt to him.
Brag - When this ' ability ' is used he takes 0.5 times more damage from an attack for the whole game. It's purpose ? To rub it in his opponent's face if he wins of course !

Equipment : Just his fists and virginity!!

Theme Song

Last edited by a moderator:
images

Name : Rifth Ker
Biography : At a young age Rifth was thought WaPaRan, a martial arts style invented by a gladiator who was drunk more often than not in 73 AD. It is said that this gladiator killed 50 people in the space of 3 hours using nothing but his bare hands. From observations of the drunken gladiator, the fighting style WaPaRan was made. He was thought the fundamentals by his mother and would, after his mother died, be further thought by his father. Time went on, Rifth was too old to be taught and his father was too old to teach, so Rifth decided he would explore ( noob mistake, never go outside xD )

A cold windy day, Rifth was going on about his business ( walking ) when an explosion went off, one that would have otherwise killed him had the seven foot man in a banana costume not been there. Banana-Man he was called. An inspiration, what all men and women alike should aspire to be. A true hero. Unfortunately weeks later Banana-Man was found dead, he had died in the heat of battle like the hero he undoubtedly was. Since then Rifth has opened a shop that sells nothing but bananas in Banana-Man's name, adopted the phrase : "No being that likes bananas can be all bad." And seeked vengeance against the empire, FOR BANANA MAAAN !!! and liberty BUT MAINLY FOR BANANA MAAAN !!!!

Personality : Despite having love for something with immense comedic properties such as the banana he's quite serious and pessimistic. Well you'd think someone with a great deal of pessimism wouldn't try fighting a moving train, or a bear OR A GODAMM MOTHER FUDGING TSUNAMI. The fact of the matter is he's done all these things ( won 1 lost 2 ). Once thrilled with a fight his pessimism and logic get thrown out the window to extent of taking on foes he has next to no chance of defeating, mechanical, alive, or other, this can be seen in his win to loss ratio - 1:35.

Stats
Might - 18
Finesse - 2
(if you have a high fortitude have pity pls;-;
Fortitude - 5
Health - 9
Speed - 6
Perception - 0
Arcane - 0
Spirit - 0

Abilities
Strife - This ability allows him to make his attack 1.5 times stronger, but half of damage taken by opponent is dealt to him.
Brag - When this ' ability ' is used he takes 0.5 more damage from an attack for the whole game. It's purpose ? To rub it in his opponent's face if he wins of course !

Equipment : Just his fists and virginity!!

Theme Song
I'm all new to this and even I see a lot of inaccuracies as is. Not sure if Asuras would take an 18 on any skill. It's a bit unrealistic. Of course, don't take this the wrong way.

Even if there are three 0's and due to finese there's a good chance he'll miss ? ;-;

Even if there are three 0's and due to finese there's a good chance he'll miss ? ;-;
This is not a game for pity, and death is ALWAYS possible. I can't even guarantee that.

Status
Not open for further replies.