Immortality's End

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have self heals though. At least, Zombs and I do.

Ahem, hi there~
Sorry for not being on, in my defense I was/am working on a chara! (off and on all day but nonetheless working!)
I was planning on my chara being a tank anyhow, so please don't worry!
@ERode @SirStabby

• Love
Reactions: SirStabby
I can heal... sorta
Reminds me of the rilfe healers in The Secret World.... It was hilarious.

Anyhow, looking back at my sheet, I'm still kinda hesitate about the stats. I dunno, should an assassin have more might?

Eh? I was answering Erode's question regarding the ability. I think you misread the post.
Ah! *raises hand wildly! Oh, I can be a healer! or a tank!
MEMEMEMEMEME!!!!

Assassins are to fuck up squishies. Squishies don't have high Fort. Might be a good idea not to focus too much on Might, really.

Currently playing Hotline Miami in order to prepare for this RP. Mhmm.... How much blood and gore are we allowed?

Aesil carves hearts out and eats them. You can probably go pretty hardcore.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
[fieldbox=Haruka Manami, #660033, solid]
(Color Code: #660033)
Name: Haruka Manami

Appearance: With a height of 5'0 and pale complexion, Haruka has a fragile-looking build (even if it's a misconception, it still looks that way). Her long, straight fuchsia-colored hair is usually kept down, with the exception of going to sleep or whilst doing an activity that requires it to be out of her face. If somebody were to look close enough during one of these moments, they could see burn scars that cover the back of her neck and traverse the entire length of her back.
Unlike the picture , you can usually find Haruka in a oversized, long-sleeved black top with some dark shorts underneath, along with some white over-the-knee socks and tall black combat boots.

Personality: Despite her appearance, Haruka has zero common sense. A bit of a socially awkward person, she gets super freaked out by weather, whether it be rain, snow, wind, ice, sleet, hail, rain, anything other than sunshine, really. She is usually always curious, sometimes a little bit too curious, but curious nonetheless. It's usually this naïve attitude that tends to get people annoyed, even if she tries not to pry into people's lives, and instead more material things like politics and whatnot.
Though some good points about her would be the fact that although she is curious, she isn't talkative, as she was raised by the ideal 'children should be seen, not heard' motto of her father's. Along with this, she can be very loyal (though this loyalty is very easily given, therefore making it easy to manipulate her to a certain extent if you already have her trust).
Sometimes a bit clueless, she has a somewhat tainted sense of right and wrong, where instead of thinking about what she would do, she focuses instead on what would make the people she is loyal to happy. Basically, if you have her trust and loyalty, you can definitely rely on her most of the time.

Biography:
Haruka was born in winter, as the single child of the lord of a small village not too far away from the capital. For her entire life, her parents have planned it all, not wanting to risk the bloodline of their 'noble' family after figuring out that they can't have any more children. It was really a simple goal, really, all that Haruka needed to do was become the precious heiress and attract the best male that would aid the bloodlines. First, they needed her to learn the basics of being a good housewife. Gathering the best tutors that they could both find and afford, they proceeded to mold their daughter.

Sewing was a minor skill that, while it was necessary for her to be decent at, wasn't strictly enforced after she sewed her own hand to the cloth. Cooking was a success, (of course the kitchen needed to be repaired a few times, but successful nonetheless) as was basic mathematics and literature.

Then, of course, there was an issue that the parents had to address when Haruka was 7. Their daughter was bored of house confinement, and wanted to do something fun, which meant she wanted to go outside their home to play with the other kids her age. "This wouldn't do," her parents would say, after all adding unknown variables like children could possibly lead to her falling in love with the wrong person, and therefore ruining all of the work they put in. So instead of letting their daughter go out and socialize like a normal child, they tried to bribe her by showing her many different forms of 'fun', otherwise known as art.

Painting, music, poetry, all of these things, while interesting to the young girl, didn't quite interest her so much as the idea as playing with a bunch of other kids. Then her parents brought over a dance instructor, and instantly Haruka was enraptured. While her parents only allowed her to learn the more traditional dances (dances using either ribbons or fans were her favorite), it was enough to satisfy the young girl, and soon enough she was competing in competitions and whatnot. Actually, it was at one of these said tournaments, when she was 12, where she met him.

He was great. He didn't dance, but was always at the same tournaments as Haruka. He didn't harass or make fun of her, instead providing support and a good laugh whenever the two were together. He was her first friend, the first person to make a stand in her life apart from her own family.

For three years Haruka managed to keep their secret relationship, well, a secret.

It was during a performance, sadly the one performance that he managed to convince Haruka to use a gift he made for her, as both a 'self-defense' and a 'precious instrument'.

While she did win, the minute she was out of most of the public's eye was when her parents struck. Storming up, they grabbed Haruka, giving her no time to say goodbye before whisking her off back to the place they called 'home'.

The lecture was decent, though she didn't really listen. What came next, however, surprised and shocked the poor girl into submission. Her father, in a fit of rage and disappointment by the fact that she had befriended "a lowlife peasant who couldn't do anything", grabbed her by the hair, and taking her to one of the many empty rooms, tied her to the wall face first. While all her father was planning on doing was letting Haruka stay there for a few days, it was her mother who ordered the servants to have a fire made, baring Haruka's back and taking pleasure in leaving the girl's back being licked by red-hot flames.

Of course, by leaving a fire in an enclosed, wooden room without proper supervision is just asking for a fire to happen, and it did. It was late at night, and all Haruka could really remember was his voice, filled with worry, relief, or disgust, she did not know.

The screams of her parents, the cracking of the roof above them, the sudden feeling of being thrown out, her head hitting the cold stone outside whilst her 'home' collapsed, trapping both her family and her first and last friend.
She doesn't remember what happened for the next week, she doesn't remember running away, nor the group of bandits, red covering the ground like frosting on a cake, the metallic stain on her fan, while she stole a surgical mask from one of the dead bodies.

She doesn't remember breaking down, the self-blame she put on herself, for not just killing her family and friend, but for even taking the chance of befriending somebody. If she had just remained content, instead of indulging in her own selfish need of a friend, then everybody would still be alive. If she had never met him, or had never gone to the tournament, none of this would've happened.

What she does remember, however, was the explosion of the Angel, the news of the Priestess death and the state of chaos surrounding the capital. Then a weird bird came, offering some guidance on Haruka's predicament.

Stats:
Might - 3
Finesse - 6
Fortitude - 10
Health - 7
Speed - 2
Perception - 7
Arcane - 1
Spirit - 5

Abilities:
Hell's Distribution -> Using the whole length of her fan, Haruka distributes physical attacks evenly, making what could've been a fatal attack turn into nothing more than a small push. During Critical Success she has a chance of deflecting the attack back at the opponent, dealing lessened damage depending on the roll of the enemy's Might.
~If the roll is above 15 then no damage is dealt.
~If the roll's a 10-15, 25% of the opponents Might is dealt.
~If it is a 5-10, 50%.
~If it's a 2-5, 75%
~100% is dealt if the opponent manages to get a Critical Failure.

Purge -> Folding her fan in half, Haruka creates a strong gust of wind that travels in a single direction towards the opponent, nullifying most magical attacks (fire gets blown out, water cooled/warmed to room temperature, air blown a different direction) with the exception of earth/rock/metal based attacks. During Critical Success the gust has a chance of knocking the opponent off their feet if their roll is less then 10.
She can also shoot herself up in the air by directing the gust directly beneath her, making this into both an evasive and defensive ability.

Lucky Move -> Rolling a finesse die, Haruka folds her fan completely and rushes at the opponent, using it like a pole and vaulting herself over the enemy.
~If her roll is 11 or above, this vault is a success, landing her behind the enemy and giving her the chance to either run or attack.
~If her roll is a 9 or below, the vault was a fail, face-planting her in front or on the enemy. If this happens then her next roll (which should be fortitude) has a penalty of -3.
~If it is a 10, nothing happens, her fan slips and she lands on her feet.

Equipment:
Limbo Fan -> This oversized folding fan is made from a lightweight, yet sturdy metal, and acts as both sword and shield for Haruka.
[spoili]
16153465-Japanese-folding-fan-isolated-on-white-background-Stock-Photo-fan.jpg
[/spoili]
(For size reference)
[spoili]
0cbd4f3bdec0e3e03ed401d6bc54e854.jpg
[/spoili]

Sheath-> Of course, there's no way a girl could just carry around a giant battle fan without a sheath to hold it in, otherwise it would just be ridiculous! Made from leather, this simple black sheath looks more like a bag than anything else, apart from the fact that it doesn't close. You can usually find it slung across Haruka's back.
[spoili]
b-32_1.jpg
[/spoili]

Black Surgical Mask -> While Haruka may lack common sense, she's not stupid (or at least not stupid enough to know not to show the Empire her face) and besides, it comes in handy for both the cold and first aid.
[spoili][/spoili]

Theme Song(s):
[/fieldbox]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Might settle for a gender fluid.
Thoughts?

Maybe a general opinion isn't a good one.

Genderfluid? That's like changing your gender over time or something?
Drat; non-binary. But I guess it could go on that route. Don't wanna cause some stares into this. Perhaps I'm overthinking about my character. Better get started.
Since it's an anime adventure, how wacky can you get?

Drat; non-binary. But I guess it could go on that route. Don't wanna cause some stares into this. Perhaps I'm overthinking about my character. Better get started.
Since it's an anime adventure, how wacky can you get?
Just wanna clarify some stuffs. I came across the terms a few times before, never fully understood it though. But go with whatever you want, I don't really judge. It's an anime, you can have rocket launchers strap to your bras for all I care.

Just wanna clarify some stuffs. I came across the terms a few times before, never fully understood it though. But go with whatever you want, I don't really judge. It's an anime, you can have rocket launchers strap to your bras for all I care.
Dude, I'm drunk as Hell (New Years!), so I'm probably not thinking straight.
I'll talk with Asuras about my other character ideas if you saw them... the other six.
Besides, since I'd rather send my sheet via PMs, I wanted to show everyone that I'm working on something. I showed some character ideas for that very reason.
Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

• Thank You
Reactions: Jakers
Raven Haruka, just so you know...your Divine Punishment literally is useless. If you got a Crit Success on a hit, you'd get an auto-hit regardless. And using your fan as a weapon isn't exactly something that's strange at all...might be better to make an ability that centers around her dancing or whatnot.

Also, I'm 100% sure that Asuras will make your Purge ability scale off Spirit. Might be a good idea to put points into that, instead of Speed.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Happy new year!

@ERode Thank you for the input, I'll fix it all up tomorrow~
Until then, good night!

Reactions: NaYe

Fayy_zpsexfzsocw.jpg~original

Name:
Faylaen

"As far as I am able to recall...2 thousand perhaps. I apologies my kind has never had the need to measure their own immortality"

Appearance:
[spoili]
thranduil_zpsh0eyg7kf.jpg~original
[/spoili]
From the moment Faylaen had come of age he had essentially ceased to mature, forever maintaining the physical age of a young adult. Characteristically similar to his race he retained a very slim physique but would still be considered 'short' to his brethren standing at 6'1" feet. He kept his silvery blonde hair long, way past his waist [spoili]
elf4_zpsqgh9y5sa.jpg~original
[/spoili] as was of the old tradition. In the past he would have indulged in the occasional braid but during these troubled times he prefers keeping his ears hidden from view. Apart from his pointed appendages, his pupiless blue eyes are also of a significant trait. In the dark they appear to glow as the light reflects from the underlying tissue to provide better, less limited eyesight. In the light only flecks are reflected here and there appearing like mini constellations.

Personality:
Fatherly (+)
[spoili]
Elf_zpspip7ispb.jpg~original
[/spoili]
It is hard to imagine in this day and age but a time long ago Faylaen had a family of his own. One that he cared for greatly. When his wife had passed during the great massacre it was his son that kept him from withering. His paternal instincts can lead him to be slightly over bearing in his protectiveness but the kind intentions behind it would be of equal if not higher value.

Patience (+)
For years he has done nothing but wait for an opportunity to strike against the Empire. Never once succumbing to join the early revolts, not because of cowardice but the determination to succeed. And as heartless as it seems he would not join a cause that was in all reasoning a failure from the moment it began.

Wisdom (+)
There are a significant amount of lessons one can learn in several lifetimes. There was once a time where his curiosity of the world was as unquenchable as the parched earth of the Eastern Dunes. Faylaen craved the unknown and with that sowed the fruits of knowledge. However his time in hiding has rendered him a hundred years ignorant of the current technology and the world's ever changing customs.

Practical (+)
Faylaen did not survive all these decades by being indulgent and ignorant. The Fae were a lavish but unwasteful race and he's taken these principles to heart.

Intimidating (+,-)
Those usually cool or pleasant eyes can be as distant and as cold as the stars that shine in them. Rarely does he have to follow with a threat nor will he make an effort to. If his silence doesn't reach the others ears than as far as he's concerned they themselves are prepared to die.

Merciless (-)
As kind as Faylaen is he's adapted to what he deems is necessary for survival. There may have been a time where he could forgive petty lies but any signs of betrayal now will be handled with a swift death.

Difficult (-)
If there was ever a trace left of Faylaen's past childishness it would have to be his stubborn streaks. When he's set his mind to something, especially concerning safety it will most likely not be altered unless mountains were to be moved. That being said his weakness is affection. If you coddle him enough and you are one of the few people he deems trustworthy than he'll bend to at least compromise with you. If you're a child or small animal use it to your advantage.

Melancholy (-)
A sign of a withering Fae is their increasingly withdrawn demeanor. If the symptoms continue it will eventually lead to the endless slumber in which a Fae's soul will join the Forgotten Lands. Usually this is due to the being in question finally ready to join their ancestors in peace. Rarely is it because of loss or the death of a significant other since Fae are unaffected by time. However since the great massacres the latter has become a common recurrence. In Faylaen's case the sense of loss is finally beginning to take affect but his steady resolve has kept the symptoms at bay. For now.

Distrustful (-)
Years of watching his people slain, killed, and wither away has made Faylaen understandably wary of humans and other creatures alike. Especially towards the citizens of the Empire who had all but eradicated and enslaved entire civilizations. His own including. This can usually lead to misunderstandings as he prefers to keep his secrets and is sometimes stubborn to explain certain actions. Although he keeps his skepticism fairly at bay there are moments where it will be nothing less than frustrating to the second party.

Biography:
[spoili]I'll add to this as the story progresses and how much Faylaen reveals of his past. Translation: I'm out of creative juice ^^;[/spoili]

Stats:
Might
Finesse
Fortitude
Health
Speed
Perception
Arcane
Spirit
▋▋▋▋
▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋

▋▋▋▋
▋▋▋▋▋▋▋
▋▋▋▋
▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋

Abilities:

Light of the Ancients - A wide area effect of pure energy that revitalizes all within its light. Depending on the potency of the spell it may also have the potential to remove negative repercussions.
Large area heal with possible nullification of debuffs depending on the roll number.

Wrathful Judgement - Spectral spirits of Fallen men rise from their restless slumber and converge on the directed targets before disappearing after their purpose is fulfilled.
Medium area effect towards the enemy.

Protective sprites - Globes of small, glowing light surround and encircle the target. They shift and expand into shimmering see-through shields to protect the target from on-coming attacks.
All attacks towards the shielded are less effective and depending upon their stats, may be dodged. May last for 3 consecutive turns.

Equipment:
The blood letter - A sword hand made by the Fae and belonged to his father before his withering. The handle is made of superior ebony wood with hand crafted grooves inlaid with sterling silver. The blade itself is purified mineral smelted into stronger, more flexible metal alloy commonly referred to as titanium.
[spoili]
elf6_zpsr1w55ff3.jpg~original
[/spoili]
Tunics - Fine, silken cloth he's knitted into appropriate clothing with tough leather boots and a belt to hold a sword scabbard. (He did not create the cloth out of thin air he traded traveling caravans for them)
[spoili]
elf5_zpsnmvqmpkq.jpg~original
[/spoili]
Circlet - A band of absolutely purified silver. Probably worth several treasure troves in itself but it's worth near nothing compared to the single jewel it holds. It pulses with contained magical energy and feels warm to the touch. Almost as if it's alive.
*This item is closely guarded by Faylaen and is one of his closely kept secrets.
A hunting bow - Compared to the advanced technology this simple wooden weapon may be laughable but out in the wilderness it certainly does the trick.
*Comes with handmade arrows
Small knife - Might be one of the few left from ages past such as the sword Faylaen carries. Except this one is made more for skinning animals than as a weapon of significance.
Herbs & preserved paste - Back to the old fashioned roots of survival with the invaluable healing properties of plants.

Theme Song(subject to change):

And here I am with a character after I may or may not have been stalking this chat. I would like to apologies in advance if I'm 'that guy' who just took somebodies possible healer role.

I've also got a question (that might paint me as an idiot but anyways) throughout the RP do we get a chance to change our stats? I'm thinking of this as a 'leveling up' concept in a video game. An example would either be specific training in one area to raise stat value or maybe depending on the mission the characters who successfully accomplish it are rewarded with lets say +5 stat points?​

I've also got a question (that might paint me as an idiot but anyways) throughout the RP do we get a chance to change our stats? I'm thinking of this as a 'leveling up' concept in a video game. An example would either be specific training in one area to raise stat value or maybe depending on the mission the characters who successfully accomplish it are rewarded with lets say +5 stat points?​
In previous RP's by Asuras, you're usually rewarded with a stat point to spend for defeating an enemy/being part of a key quest, etc. I assume the same sort of system is going to work here, too. Also, if your character survives to the next arc of the RP, they'll get a chance to 'upgrade' one of their abilities.

Though Asuras might've changed that system, I'm assuming he's gonna use the same kind of thing again. (Don't quote me on it, though.)

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.