Immortality's End

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will, and no worries I welcome criticism it helps in the long run. I just got home, so I will be adding tweaks to the abilities to balance them out as well finishing the bio.

If you see anything else you are unsure about just me know. I wouldn't want Connor to be over powered, or under powered.

Reactions: SirStabby
Ok. Well as it is, this is taking long enough, and I'd like to get started sooner than later. I had originally set the limit to 8 players, but (perhaps foolishly, we'll see) raised it to 10. Right now we have 9 and are technically waiting on a potential 2 to finish/correct their submissions. Normally I don't insert a "PC" under my control to fill a spot, but I've been itching to get in on the action my own players experience for awhile now. Given teams will likely be in 2's, I can't leave it at 9, and I can't make a PC at 11.

tl;dr Submissions are closed, spots are filled. Nothing against either @Sanctus or @IceChateau777, but I would like to get this started quickly. IC will likely be put up in 2 or so days, after abilities are compiled and converted to proper rulesets. Fortunately it seems only 2 of you (@Fæ and @SirStabby) really need this (it's not an issue), so things will come quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm finalizing my profile right now, should I stop then?

Alright. Though I did take sometime to get my profile done, due to work and school, I suggest setting up a time frame for profiles to be done. Granted I took about two days to get everything done, it is a shame for me to think up a character just for him to be written off..

The concept was interesting, shame I can't join in.

For science!

Edit: Oh nice so you can throw multiple "different dice" in one post :3

So, I'd like to take my time to say this: You did an excellent job with this game. It's truly wonderful how you come up with intuitive, amazing ideas. I understand that the show must go on. I really, really see great things to come from this. I'll be happy to subscribe! Thank you!

I look forward to a wonderful future!
Have a great time!

@RJS You have one stat point extra.
@Fæ We get 50 stat points instead of 40 now. Might want to add some more in.

Seeing as we are going to start soon, I have a couple of questions.

During combat, are we allowed other actions aside attack, defend, dodge and abilities? For example, say, I'm fighting some dude. He attacked, but I rolled dodge and succeeded, then I wish to disarm him. So I will just roll Finesse vs his speed, and skip the Might vs Fort, as I do not wish to do damage? (if I succeed, he will just suffer some stat penalty or whatever). Same question goes for other actions.... Like tossing handful of sand around or whatever. How will we handle those actions in the RP?

I'm assuming that's what the (currently empty) Common Debuffs section of the Rules is for.

That being said, I'm fairly certain that disarming someone will function like a grapple, which is Finesse vs Speed and then Might vs Might.

• Useful
Reactions: SirStabby
Yo, that's a shortass 45-day housing timer.

Not only will I answer your roll call, I will also be the player that consistently posts first.

Might as well hand me that achievement right now, so I can start working on getting 20 Perception. :3

Noooooo!!

y u do dis???

Ahem, jokes aside, I think I will stick with this RP. It has been a while since my last dice RP, and I have to admit, I like the random factor in combat, or in RP in general. Stakes are fun. And delicious. I have even prepared a bunch of one-liners badass quotes for my character in case he dies. Mhmm...

And then he doesn't get to say a witty one-liner because beheaded.

Because Asuras loves the taste of your salty tears

xnDrhr9.png

Glinda von Hearte

"Thousands of souls cry out, burning within my soul. Their pleas are uniform, and my duty singular."

[fieldbox="Personality, #CF1020, solid"]Where it counts, Glinda maintains a determined, zero-bullshit air about her, highly contrasting to her normally cavalier and lazy attitude. Thanks to her lineage, she's been dealt a haughty attitude card that little can stifle; save for the understanding she has of what is necessary to exact revenge. When the time is now, Glinda picks herself up does what needs to be done before retreating to a devil-may-care personality that rarely results in others getting what they need out of her. Still, she's easily bored, and falls back on others to try and resolve such issues. To this end, she seems to keep up a false sense of apathy, but in truth truly wishes to be around company. None can ever really tell if she's just being arrogant or trying to be tough.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Background, #CF1020, solid"]Glinda discloses very little about her history, save for the vitriolic hatred she has for the Empire. Others know her to be a witch of the late Coldwood Coven, which itself answers a number of questions about her history, namely why she hates the Empire so.

Born to Mana von Hearte twenty-four years ago, Glinda found herself a part of the expansive Coldwood Coven, named for the monstrous forest they wholly controlled. Surrounded by the same magical beings, Glinda was never without an example to follow, both in life and study. As was the case for the witches of the coven, Glinda grew to be a phenomenal mage, in particular adopting the arcane forms of a certain Bloodwitch who lived nearby her own cottage. There she learned much of her abilities she currently retains as an adult, though her expertise was broad in scope due to the dense presence of other forms of witchcraft within arm's reach.

The incredible number of witches within the Coldwood was no coincidence; the air around the place was thick with the sense of magic. With time, it was understood to be the result of a unique specie of tree that was native to the area. Though just as inanimate as other trees, the arcane vegetation kept up a cycle of magic cycling that maintained the atmosphere of the Coldwood, never allowing the magic within to seep off into another region. This unique presence afforded the Coldwood Coven endless reservoirs to test their abilities, and to break their own boundaries.

Outside their foothold, however, the Empire trudged about, encircling their lands until the forest itself was looked upon with greedy eyes. The Empire soon began attempts at invasion. With their great numbers and even greater skill, there was little the coven could do to truly drive them back. They could only maintain their survival.

Their way of life, however, faded. Reduced to migratory bands of witches within their own immense forest, the Coldwood Coven turned to using illusory magic to hide themselves and to misdirect the Empire knights that lurked within. Years went by as the split coven was whittled down in numbers. The grand mages of the Empire gained greater ground in circumventing the wards and tricks of the witches.

Glinda's mother knew the end was near, but did not falter. If they could not defeat them, they could at least make their lives hell. The remaining Coldwood witches gathered in the center of the forest and prepared their worst. A debilitating magic disease that brought incredible suffering upon its victims. Their final act of defiance was to cast this magic virus to the wood's itself, circulating it in the very same currents that had supplied them with so much magic before.

Though the knights would not die, they were ultimately plagued by the illness. Ground continued to be gained, but not without suffering and despair. The witches remained immune thanks to their pre-conceived antidote, but continued to dwindle in numbers. Glinda was sent away by her mother at the final hour. Deemed cursed by the Empire and unfit for colonization, the Angel was set upon the Coldwood forest, triggering an unforseen level of destruction even the Empire itself could not have imagined.

As the Angel dealt a divine blow to the woods, the great cycle of magic that it had maintained was set free in an instant, wiping the forest from the surface of the world. Glinda could see the flash of the apocalyptic moment from countless miles away. From that day, she vowed, someway... somehow... to return the favor to the Empire.
[/fieldbox]

Stats and Abilities

Might - [10] ϰϰϰϰϰϰϰϰϰϰ
Finesse - [7] ϰϰϰϰϰϰϰ
Fortitude - [2] ϰϰ
Health - [8] ϰϰϰϰϰϰϰϰ
Speed - [6] ϰϰϰϰϰϰ
Perception - [3] ϰϰϰ
Arcane - [8] ϰϰϰϰϰϰϰϰ
Spirit - [6] ϰϰϰϰϰϰ

Sanguine Strikes - Scales with Health, Arcane
Glinda can utilize her own blood to empower her physical attacks, increasing in potency the more she takes from her bloodstream.
Free action to activate.

Upon activation, subsequent turns cause Glinda to lose 1 point of Health, continuing until she has 1 Health left, or until the bonuses gained reach their maximum limit. Each turn after activation turn, Glinda gains a stacking bonus to her Might rolls, increasing two-fold each turn (+1, +2, +4, +8). She can only gain a maximum bonus to her might equal to her Arcane stat. Whenever Glinda takes damage from an outside source, her next bonus Might value gained from Sanguine Strikes is increased by +1.

Whenever Glinda deals damage with a blood empowered attack, she gains a stack of Bloodwell equal to 0.5 x [Bonus Might] (rounded down). Bloodwell stacks empower her other abilities.

Bloodforte - No Scaling
Using both her own blood and others, Glinda can create a fluid barrier that can take hits for her.
For every stack of Bloodwell Glinda possesses, she gains a bonus +1 to her Fortitude. Each time Glinda takes damage from an outside source, her Bloodwell stacks are reduced by 3.

Scourge - Scales with Arcane
Glinda delivers a penetrating strike to a target, injecting them with manipulated blood masses. Inside, the mass continues to ravage the victim, piercing their insides with spikes of solidified blood over time.
Glinda can deliver a melee attack using Arcane instead of Might.

If Glinda manages to damage an opponent with Scourge, she may expend a number of her Bloodwell stacks to inflict the target with a DoT debuff. The potency of the Scourge DoT is equal to the number of Bloodwell stacks used as an Arcane damage value, rolled against Fortitude instead of Spirit. The DoT lasts a number of turns equal to 0.5 x [Arcane].

• Love
Reactions: IceChateau777
Status
Not open for further replies.