Immortality's End: Return of Gods - IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even as her vision was fading, what transpired before Vaneil's eyes warmed her soul. Her valiant captain, deflecting the gargantuan blows of the shadow sword even when her own sword looked like a stick in comparison. The arcane might of that child-witch, calling forth a runic spell that ensnared and destroyed the darkness. The bright mist that followed, bathing them all in light.

The sight of the knights of Verdigris victorious, helping each other up, mourning the dead, and, ultimately, preparing themselves for the next battle.

Vaneil managed a crooked, bloodied smile at the few that helped her up. Simply staying on the defensive wouldn't be enough after all this. A counterattack was needed, one to destroy the causer of havoc, the summoner of this tree. But for now? She needed to recover, to heal up, and to make sure that next time, she fixed her mistakes and didn't forget her sword just because she was on her break.

The Black Wolf managed to pull herself up just high enough on willpower alone, before she toppled into the arms of her comrades, finally falling into a sleep caused by blood loss and exhaustion.

It was only then, on the borderline between consciousness and unconsciousness, that she realized something.

The werefolks' scent that disturbed her before the massacre began was gone.

Nyxia looked back at the sight of the massacre. She was strong this time. She survived on her own strength, not like back then. She turned back to the Officer who stood beside her. It was best to tell of her encounter, though maybe leave out the part about being a Highwayman. Perhaps she would finally find information on these beasts.

"Indeed. I was hired to guard a caravan a few years after leaving Alkrisia. That was how I made my living outside of the arena. However, this job was different than most. It wasn't the first time that the I was not told what was being transported, so I didn't ask questions. That can loose you a job. There were no problems until, 'they' appeared. It was just like today. They arrived out of nowhere, creating the same mist from today. They slew my comrades, and the caravan. They should have killed me as well. But call it fate, luck, whatever you like. I survived. And I found a very interesting treasure likely from the caravan."

She raised her ringed hand. This item was her reward for survival. Or perhaps her compensation for suffering that experience. But she did not care Here she was now, alive and victorious. She had won her rematch.

Status
Not open for further replies.