1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Romance, Action, Urban Fantasy
Here is a collection of photos found across the internet that I randomly put together. You can interpret them as whatever you want, whether it be literally or metaphorically. What you do as a writer is one of these three things:

1. Create a character, taking inspiration from these photos.

2. Come up with a setting, plot, or just a detailed post with references to these photos.

3. Write a poem with these pictures in mind.

Remember you don't have to use all of the photos in your final creation, but props to you if you manage to do so.

Click on the spoiler tags to stir up your muse.

[SPOILI]
grey-wolf_565_600x450.jpg
[/SPOILI]

[SPOILI]
220px-Medved_mzoo.jpg
[/SPOILI]

[SPOILI]
16_08_25-Snow-Scene_web.jpg
[/SPOILI]

[SPOILI]
hunting.jpg
[/SPOILI]

[SPOILI]
300px-Oeschinen.jpg
[/SPOILI]

I actually managed to use all of the images in writing this, though the dog I took metaphorically as friendship.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Untitled-

Dwelled in the Icelands,
Of snow pale and restrained air,
Wishing for spring Flowers,
Too open for Frost.

They can't warm me,
Those icy, lupine eyes a memory,
Of those who lured me

I found friends to hunt for Spring,
Taking a Spark where we go,
The seeds for Blooms to be.

A tepid breeze teases,
Then departs, Ice renewed.
To freeze from such occurrences,
That I cannot allow.​

The smoke filled the air and blanketed the early morning sky not a single ray of sun could break through as the fire trucks raced down Ellen St. towards the blaze. What had started it no one could say for sure all anyone knew was that there was a huge blast and then a ball of fire. Windows up and down the street were blow out. Even some on the cars were shattered. Glass littered the street. Men and women alike were crying as everyone was trying to figure out was going on.

Rumors were flying that is was a boom while others were saying it was the military testing something and it had gone wrong. No one knew anything at all. All anyone knew for sure was that there was a massive fire. I was stuck in Sitka on a layover since my connecting flight was canceled from the night before. Something about bad weather and no one was getting in or out of the area. It was common for Alaska and something I was use too. What I wasn't use to was this sort of thing. Leaving my hotel room and wondering the streets I too had too know what was going on.

Making my way towards the massive center I could see panic and debris all over. From bits of metal and ash to shaken locals and personal items littering the street. I happen to look down and saw a journal. It was burn on the edges but seemed to be rather new. Taking a moment I opened it. It wasn't something I'd normally do but I felt like it.

After turning the blank page my eyes came upon the blank ink and simple print letters written by a young man. I should have stopped there but in the madness of the streets I felt a pull to the quite of the book. The written word that drew me in. I wanted to know more. Who was this person and what did they have to say?

September 21, 2012

Name: Zackary Bloom
Location: Sitka Alaska and I've been here for nineteen months. I love it. The weather is a lot like back home since I grew up in Montana. Lots of cold winters with white out conditions and being cut off from supplies for long periods of time. Out here a man can feel like they are cut off from the world yet in touch with something much greater. You see I love nature. It might sound lame I know but it's so true. There is just something about seeing wild bears and wolves. They hunt for their meals daily and bears are great fishermen. They can catch fish with their mouths. In the spring when the fish spawn and jump out of the water the bears just stand on the rocks and snap the fish right out of the air. It's an impressive sight. Of course I was stupid to be so close to the bear but I got away in time.

Life here in Sitka is very different and I love. I wouldn't have it any other way. I get to go out and hunt when I'm not working in the fishery with my dog Molly. She is a great duck hunting dog. Even if she is getting up there in age I let her run out near the lake and splash around in the water. Sometimes we get to rustle the birds and other times not. It's always nice just to be out you know. That's all that matters to me. Well I guess this is all I'll write for now. Strange that I've started this journal. Look mom I'm writing. She'd be proud of me if she was alive. That's my alarm. Pray for me my first day on watch alone, I hope I don't screw up.

Status
Not open for further replies.