I'm sorry, but things have been tough for me as of late...

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

F0X

It seems like one thing after another with me, and honestly its getting a bit overwhelming. Over the past three months I've had one unfortunate event happen with me or my family, and the stress and heartache is really starting to get to me. Maybe this is why I'm having such a hard time committing to my writings... Just for those who are reading/hearing about me for the first time, let me give you a look into what's been going on...

Disclaimer: I am not writing this for pity or attention, honestly I just need to write my thoughts so that I don't explode with stress...

1. Got into a car accident that totaled my truck.
2. Said accident prompted me to go to the Chiropractor in which I found out that I have Spinal Compression. While most people get this eventually, mine is caused from my right leg being 10mm longer than my left, and for my age, my spine is quite out of alignment because of it. I've lost 15 degrees of curvature in my lower back, and 20 in my neck. Also, my sports of choice all my life has always been running (long distance and hurdles) which has seemed to be a strong negative according to my Dr. However, this with treatment has become much better (no more pain) though my pocket book really isn't liking it much. I have good insurance, but $25 co-pays add up when you're going three times a week for a month, then twice a week, then once every other week...
3. My wife's Rheumatoid Arthritis has continued to worsen, and though she has a medication (an injection she has to take every two weeks) that has started to help with the pain, it gives her a rather large rash for about a week, which is helping one problem by making another...
4. My Black Lab Jazz, who is my training partner and has been for the last 6 years, got bit badly in the ear/upper neck when we were doing a socialization interaction with another dog. We have worked with aggressive dogs many times over the past 5 years of my training carrier, and never once have I met a dog that gives no signals before lashing out. The two of them did normal introductions (nose to tail and face to face) but when the other dog placed his head on mine, a very dominant move, she tried to move away, which made him snap. It caused her to get stitches, which wasn't too bad, but the sad/scary part was her waking up out of the anesthetics and being so scared and crying/whining really badly out of confusion. We had to take her home because we got to my vet so late in the day, they couldn't keep her. She was fine after that, and her wounds healed really nicely. She's going to now enjoy the retired life, but still... Very scary.
5. Car window got broken and my wife's purse was stolen out of the trunk of my car. Only thing we could think of was that the people watched her place her purse in the trunk when we went into the game store to play magic. Honestly, it wasn't in the nicest part of town, but they stole it and her backpack. Our insurance was able to help us out, but we had to do a claim and our insurance has $1000 deductibles for stolen items. So, in the end it was a $1200 hit and the loss of some precious items my wife can never get back.
6. And tonight after game night, my Great Dane Sampson's face (mainly his jowls and eyes) are incredibly swollen. He was completely fine this afternoon, and we noticed it not that long ago.The only thing we can think of after researching it is that he got stung or got into something that gave him an allergic reaction. Its really late, so taking him to the vet is out until tomorrow. From all the researching I've done though, giving him benedril every 8 hours and icing the swelling is all I can really do, and thankfully his breathing isn't hindered at all, and he doesn't have a fever. Just really, really scary, but I think he's going to be okay.

But, the thing is all of this stuff has happened from the end of August til now, and its quite a lot to have happened to me in such a small time frame. I can tell that I'm really stressed, I'm not sleeping as well, I am having a hard time focusing on things, I've been eating irregularly... Its just been hard and even though I know I'm going to get through each thing, its just really staring to weigh on me.

Thanks for all who've read this. You all deserve a hug and some of your favorite things to be presented to you. Thanks again for reading this.

-F0X

As I am thousands of miles away from you, I can only offer a virtual hug... I hope it helps in its small way.

NICPTF6.gif

I hope life gets better for you. No one should have to go through so much adversity

Status
Not open for further replies.