I'm pretty stoked about this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Celest

Original poster
Kate McKinnon is ready to get messy as the voice of Ms. Frizzle in Netflix's upcoming revival of "The Magic School Bus."

The "Saturday Night Live" standout's casting was announced Wednesday by the company.
McKinnon takes over the role for Lily Tomlin, who voiced the character in the original animated series, which aired from 1994-97.

The first season of "The Magic School Bus: Rides Again" will debut this year.

The small article

Whhaaaaaatttttt. Magic School Bus reboot? This is nearly a dream come true. I loved this show as a child. I pretty much thought that it was long gone.

What are your feelz about this?

• Love
Reactions: Kagayours and Ethys
I saw that article pop up and squealed a bit. I'm thrilled. The original show was one of my favorites, and I always wanted to be Ms. Frizzle. I even dressed as her for Halloween twice in a row - my mother was not nearly as pleased as I was. I'll definitely be tuning in!

Reactions: Celest
I saw that article pop up and squealed a bit. I'm thrilled. The original show was one of my favorites, and I always wanted to be Ms. Frizzle. I even dressed as her for Halloween twice in a row - my mother was not nearly as pleased as I was. I'll definitely be tuning in!
This show is what got me into health sciences. It was just the greatest thing. I always wished I could be one of the students in the show to experience all that. But nnooo life doesn't work like that.

• Love
Reactions: Ethys
I'm ready for Ms. Frizzle to get on her magic bus and enter my orifices.

I'm ready for Ms. Frizzle to get on her magic bus and enter my orifices.
I adored the original series, as well as the books, but I'm highly concerned about a reboot considering how poorly they usually turn out.

Reactions: Celest
OOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAH

tumblr_inline_obm7urc90m1rdxxvw_500.png

Dude.

I adored the original series, as well as the books, but I'm highly concerned about a reboot considering how poorly they usually turn out.
I admit I haven't watched very many Netflix-produced TV shows, but, from what I've heard, they certainly seem to have a pretty good track record in terms of making decent shows and respecting adapted material instead of shitting all over it. I've heard very good things about their version of Series of Unfortunate Events, for example.

Like, if this were a major TV network? Yeah, I'd be kind of concerned, too. But I have a little bit more faith in Netflix.

THOSE SHOES beating Jeremy Scott by 20 years

OOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAH

tumblr_inline_obm7urc90m1rdxxvw_500.png

Dude.

I admit I haven't watched very many Netflix-produced TV shows, but, from what I've heard, they certainly seem to have a pretty good track record in terms of making decent shows and respecting adapted material instead of shitting all over it. I've heard very good things about their version of Series of Unfortunate Events, for example.

Like, if this were a major TV network? Yeah, I'd be kind of concerned, too. But I have a little bit more faith in Netflix.
I've liked some of the Netflix original shows. So, I have some faith too! -flails-

My body is ready.

You see what I... there was that episode where they...

You know what I mean.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
That's actually pretty sweet. My kiddo just got into the show, and more episodes are certainly welcome. Anything that isn't Pororo or UmiZoomi at this point, please... *cry*

RIGHT?! I'M SO EXCITED!!!

SO.

EXCITED.

I'm not fond of Kate McKinnon (or anybody from current SNL, for that matter), but I'll give it a shot for nostalgia's sake.

[Edit] Lilly Tomlin was perfect as Ms. Frizzle and I'm mostly just bummed she's not back.

However, BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

Status
Not open for further replies.