I'm only here for the food. [action+adventure+romance]

E

Edelweiss

Original poster
Hi! I got swallowed by the pit of Life recently and have neglected my role playing. It be like that sometimes.
I'm back and on the hunt for some fresh inspiration!
Feel free to skip down to the genre to see if this even remotely interests you. However, if you're thinking about contacting me, PLEASE read everything I've posted here! It would save us a lot of time and headaches, and I will be less tempted to ignore you if I feel that you've read everything. :D

ABOUT ME~
  • As far as our primary pairing (and any romantic pairing) is concerned, I only do male x female.
  • I love playing males and females equally! I will occasionally have a preference depending on the specific plot or pairing (or my mood at that time), but in most cases, I am just as happy to play either as my main character. I also love to add in side characters of varying age and gender. In fact, I'm more picky about choosing my partners than about choosing what gender I play. If you and I are a good fit, there's a good chance I'll be perfectly pleased to take on any role!
  • My responses are generally 2-5 meaty paragraphs in length, and that's generally the sort of response I like to receive.
  • This is important: I LOVE ROMANCE. If there's no possibility of romance in a role play, it doesn't interest me. Slow burn is my favorite variety, but I'm also open to things moving more quickly and/or beginning with our characters already having a history between them. The main thing for me is that it doesn't feel cheap or forced. Even if we make it happen relatively quickly, I want there to be an authenticity to it, and I don't want to forsake the subtleties of falling in love in the name of laziness. It's all about the little moments: a glance, a touch of hands, suspended silence. Mm.
  • I tend to have more of an aggressive style when it comes to plotting. I'm happy to take the lead in most things, but I definitely don't want to step on toes, so I may ask for your input from time to time. On the other hand, if you come to me with a plot and ideas of your own, I'd be more than willing to follow your lead if you know what direction you want to take it in!
  • I enjoy making character sheets/bios for my main characters. They include pictures (I use real face claims and would prefer than you did, too) and anything from the most basic information to full history and personality profiles. If that's not your cup of tea, though, it's not a requirement! We can go with or without.
  • I prefer to role play over email, but I'm also happy to do this over PM here.

REQUIREMENTS~
  • Grammar and spelling are pretty important to me, as is reading responses that actually flow and make sense. I am often plagued with typos and will not hold occasional tired fingers against you. Just put some thought and care into your response. Describe what your character is feeling, their surroundings, what they're doing. I want to understand what's going on in their head, and I want to receive something I can respond to.
  • Please don't control my characters. Don't make assumptions or presumptions about them. Don't make up something that they've said or done in the past or something about their family that you and I didn't talk about. If our characters have a history, we can work out the details of it; don't make it up on the fly.
  • Give your characters a healthy mix of strengths and flaws. Make them believable.
  • Communicate! We don't have to talk about every single thing in detail before we do it, but it's super helpful to discuss things in advance so that neither of us is wondering what to do next or making moves the other doesn't like. That being said, I'm open to being surprised by plot twists and such as long as it doesn't completely derail what we've got going.
  • I would greatly prefer if our main characters were in their twenties. I don't like playing mains younger than 18.
  • A word on doubling: First of all, I am not opposed to it! Doubling can be great fun, especially if we intertwine their storylines and have a variety of relationships happening! But if you only want to double so that I'll play the male for you without being cranky, I'd rather not go that route. I'm happy to play the male, like, 99% of the time, so no sweat! This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't like to use doubling as a means of compromise. Mostly because I don't want people pouring their heart and soul into one character and then having their second character as an afterthought. So, to recap... I'm okay with doubling, but I will be GREATLY DISPLEASED if I see an uneven amount of effort being put into your characters.
  • For the love of all things good, PLEASE give me some information when you contact me. Tell me which idea you're interested in, whether you like character sheets or not, what role(s) you want to play, and whatever ideas you might have. There is really nothing I hate more than having to draw every minute sliver of information out of someone. Please, help me out.
LIMITS~
  • Language: I don't really care. My characters will probably only use light language. I don't love reading long strings of vulgarities, but I've never had an issue with that before.
  • Violence: A lot of my role plays include violence. I don't mind my characters getting hurt, but please just follow the basic rules of role play and don't powerplay/godmode/whatever the current terminology is.
  • Sex: I don't do smut. If our characters go there, we're going to fade to black before the clothes start coming off. No exceptions.
  • Other no-nos: Master/slave dynamics (or slavery at all), rape, huge age gaps, incest, adultery (that is, a MARRIED person cheating on their spouse), abuse, bestiality.
  • My content isn't usually very "triggering," but if there's anything specific you want to avoid, please let me know! I will gladly comply.

THIS IS WHAT YOU CAME FOR~

Let me just be real with you. I'm looking for something in a MEDIEVAL AU setting. This means that we're pretty much going to do this in medieval times but without fussing over history and the plague and whatnot. I like doing a bit of world-building with this, but I don't want to get too bogged down with lore. You feel?

I have a few plot ideas rolling around and would also be chill with sort of making something up as we go. Also, something I've never done before and would LOVE to try: playing out a relationship from its beginning through marriage. Usually it seems like role plays fizzle before they lovebirds actually get married, but I'd like to make that a goal without rushing it too much. Of course, there will be a plot going on too, but in addition to meeting plot points we could also focus on relationship points and phases. Yeah?

Anyway, here are a few things of interest:

Pairings:
  • Knight/Guard x Princess
  • Knight/Guard/Soldier x Noblewoman
  • Knight x Commoner
  • Knight/Guard/Soldier x Healer
  • Knight x Gypsy
  • Ranger x Princess
  • Ranger x Noblewoman
  • Ranger x Gypsy
  • Ranger x Healer
  • Prince x Commoner
  • Prince x Gypsy
Themes:
  • Exes reuniting
  • Forbidden love
  • Hidden identities
  • Journeys gone awry
  • Masquerades and other fancy occasions

PM me if you're interested! I have a website that includes more info, including mood boards and a few ideas for characters I like to play. If you want to know more about me and the way to my little heart, check it out here!

Reactions: Levy
sent you a pm! :)

Reactions: Edelweiss
Bump! Tbh I'm feeling a more character-driven plot rather than a plot-heavy one at the moment.