I'm curious,how many like medieval fantasy RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you fail to account how many of the sexytime stories involve fantasy elements.

Well, on a strict definition, aren't all the Libertine roleplays derived from someone's "fantasy"? (;

Reactions: Crab Claws
I'm loving all this love for my favorite genre and sub. :bananaman: but,their are some things I still have no idea what to call it.Is there such a thing as Free form rp or free style?Because I do things kinda free formed,although I will roll a die (or flip a coin in real life)14 and been a fan for almost year :U

There certainly is. Most forum roleplaying is fairly free form, with no need for fancy numerical systems or dice rolls, so what you seem to be calling free form RP is the standard. The ones that use such things tend to be the less common ones.

Well, if you look at the forums, the fantasy section (which typically covers most medieval roleplays) has the most posts/threads of any section, excluding the Libertine area.

So it's sexytime that people love most, followed by medieval fun times.

Now we just need someone to go investigate how much of that sexytime is actually medieval sexy fun times so we can get a really accurate estimate going.

Reactions: LunaValentine
I play PRINCESSES. 8D That is my main vocation.

I also enjoy playing Bards, Bar Wenches, and Farmers!

Do I count? O_O Everything I do is sexy times.

Do I count? O_O Everything I do is sexy times.

Yeah, you definitely count then. Probably multiple times, you saucy wench.

I play PRINCESSES. 8D That is my main vocation.
I also enjoy playing Bards, Bar Wenches, and Farmers!
Princesses eh'? I have a character who's lived five years IRL who went from princess to queen.

I admit. Princesses are fun to play.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go stab something violently to prove my masculinity.

Reactions: Arnold Solomon
I adore medieval fantasy. It is the focus of my roleplaying and my non-roleplaying writings. Even the worlds I create for other genres I typically add in a medieval vibe, à la Emberverse.

The archetypes I usually go for are roguish characters, focusing on either stealth or speed—often both. Sometimes I also play big macho fighters with sullen attitudes, usually when I feel I have too many of my young female characters running about.

Princesses eh'? I have a character who's lived five years IRL who went from princess to queen.
I admit. Princesses are fun to play.
Now if you'll excuse me I need to go stab something violently to prove my masculinity.
aAYnbQ2_460sa_v1.gif

This is the kind of princess I aspire to be if I happened to be female and royalty.

There certainly is. Most forum roleplaying is fairly free form, with no need for fancy numerical systems or dice rolls, so what you seem to be calling free form RP is the standard. The ones that use such things tend to be the less common ones.
Now we just need someone to go investigate how much of that sexytime is actually medieval sexy fun times so we can get a really accurate estimate going.
I might volunteer for that.

I swear I'm not joking, but many of my characters end up being a city guard, captain of the guard, or history with the guard.

Inb4 arrow in the knee jokes.

Hey, don't knock those jobs. Its a steady source of income and food is usually on the table. Adventuring? Psssssh. Gimme a steady 100 gp a month any day!

Oh,this is great,danke for the info my mits and mats .I wonder,I look all over the webs and internets but never really got an 'entire' list of medieval fantasy type RP vocations,or as some would call it 'classes'
Can some body halp in this epic quest of epicness? *cue bigass dragon in the background*

Oh,this is great,danke for the info my mits and mats .I wonder,I look all over the webs and internets but never really got an 'entire' list of medieval fantasy type RP vocations,or as some would call it 'classes'
There isn't really a definitive list. There are thousands of possible "classes" or vocations that a character could take, and some would argue the differences between very similar classes. What is a "warrior"? How is it different to a "fighter", or a "barbarian"? Is a "knight" just a subsection of "warrior" or something else entirely? Is an "archer" just a "warrior" with a bow?

How many more "speech marks" can I "use"?

Reactions: idlehands
I mean as in like,what would an archer that uses magical fire arrows and assassin techniques be called?
Something like dat.Would there be a name for it?

btw,love the avatar

Archer-Mage? or "Elf" as they're normally referred to.

Status
Not open for further replies.