I'M A TRUE VAMPIRE.... ARE YOU?!

Seeing as she was always on her guard, Mena was not taken by surprise when the man addressed her. She shifted to face him, brushing a strand of ebony hair behind her ear. "Just fine." The young woman responded without missing a beat, though she did not immediately leave the stranger hanging. He interested her, whether that be due to her gut instinct for sensing monsters (not that this was infallible) or else the alluring nature of the one that spoke to her. "But are you? You're looking a bit peaky there." Alot of people were pale, including herself, but he was certainly at least a shade or two lighter than her.

"Why yes. I suppose I do look as white as uh ghost. But it ain't my fault. I'm anemic and have bad circulation. I was born this way, miss." He stated, lying flawlessly.
"My name is Slice." He said before a charming smile graced his face. Even with his teeth in plain view, it was impossible to tell he was a type of vampire.

Mena smiled sweetly, an expression that didn't really suit one as ruthless as her. "Well, boo hoo. You do realise you won't get a pity fuck off me, don't you?" Might as well make that clear. Some people liked to try and get the sympathy vote, and Mena was just mean enough to shoot down even those who weren't actually trying to manipulate her.

"I'm Mena, Mr. Slice." She responded, still not being hostile, though she was certainly slightly antagonistic. It was one of her ways of protecting herself, and also weeding out the vampires from the idiot humans she protected. A vampire would usually put up with more flack, seeing as they had only one goal, and so this strategy tended to work fairly well.

"It's uh pleasure to meet you, Mena. Don't take this the wrong way, but do you get out often? Yew might want to work on your people skills." Slice responded, obviously amused. He was trying to get her to relax so that he could stun her with his powers. It was a shame she was alone in a way because it was usually easier to change someone's emotions when he or she had company along.

For the first time since their meeting, Mena actually flashed a ghost of a smile. It lasted only an instant, but it was still progress. "That obvious, is it?" She noted, shaking her head ever so slightly.
"More importantly, what the hell were your parents thinking? Slice isn't a name." That was an inexcusably rude comment, and this didn't bother Mena in the slightest. She saw no harm in burning bridges with this person. He was a stranger, and he always would be, so why worry about his feelings?

"It is a name. It's my name." Slice replied, clearly not offended at all.
"I guess you would say the same thing about my sister Soul, but she wouldn't let it slide as gracefully as I." He added and his smile became a smirk.
"So why are you out so late?" He asked, his blue eyes revealing his intrigue.

Mena simply shrugged in response. She supposed that was true, but she still reckoned it was a stupid name, and certainly shouldn't be allowed to be used as such. It was a crime against humanity.
"I was bored. Thought I'd find myself some entertainment, seems I struck lucky." Mena soon responded in answer to his question, soon shooting back with a somewhat predictable, "What about you? You're not a rapist, are you?" Well, might as well check, just in case he was fool enough to admit it, should he be one. You'd be surprised what people will admit to when caught off guard.

"It's not safe to be alone at night." Slice stated matter-of-factly, his expression changing to slightly concerned.
"And no, I'm not a rapist." He said before laughing.
"I'd rather be strolling the beach in sunlight, but my thoughtful sister decided to go missing. So I'm looking for her." He explained, which was at least partly true. Suddenly, there was a sound not too far away that caught his attention, and he swiftly turned his head to the side to search for its source.

Although she had no need of someone watching out for her, Mena was not offended by this appearance of concern. What did it matter to her, anyway? Still, she soon responded, "I can look after myself. So don't you worry."
This talk of his sister was interesting, Mena wondered if she would show some compassion and help this person look for her. She had just been about to offer her services, or at least companionship for a time, when the sudden commotion caused her to very nearly slip into producing a rather large gun from a concealed holster. Her hand had started to disappear into her leather jacket, though thankfully she stopped this motion before it was fully carried out, firmly placing her hands at her sides, instead settling on watching and listening carefully.

"Unless yew have some kind of silver on you, you'd better run now." Slice quickly told her. He wasn't going to show off his stunning speed just yet, but he did move very fast so that he could block the creature that would soon appear. He yanked out a dagger just as a huge werewolf came snarling around the corner. It was so vast that it would make any man look like a child in comparison.

Although Mena only tended to hunt vampires, she wasn't the type of person to come to a battle unprepared. She actually crafted her own bullets, using silver doused in holy water, along with a healthy dose of wooden shrapnel from a supposedly sacred grove of trees. She also prayed in several different languages, and performed various rites over her weapons. Most of it was absolute rubbish, but she knew the importance of hedgeing ones bets, just in case.
Once the werewolf appeared, Mena was unable to force away her instinct to attack, and due to this, shot one bullet at the creature, the report seeming far too loud in the previously quiet setting. She was a good shot, but werewolves were fast, she didn't count on hitting it first time.

The werewolf had been attracted to the sound of Mena's heartbeat and that was how it knew where they were. Even with its habit of moving quickly due to its special training, it hadn't expect to encounter people so well prepared. The bullet grazed its shoulder, and the creature howled loudly in pain. It didn't yell for long before it desire revenge and struck out at the closest person, Slice. The sharp claws on its huge paw cut deeply into his side, and blood gushed out from the resulting wound. Despite this, he did not show any negative reaction, and was able to dodge the second blow.

Seeing as the thing was refusing to go down, Mena took it upon herself to empty the clip, always aiming for either the heart or forehead. There was no point in going for crippling shots. It was either kill it or nothing. Werewolves were not to be trifled with. She hated the noise the monster made, cringing at the piercing scream, though it didn't keep her still for long. As she fired at the dark and humungous shape, Mena instinctively moved ahead of Slice, meaning to protect him, though it was likely that even wounded he was more than capable of looking after himself.

Slice couldn't help but smile at Mena's bravery, and found it difficult to believe she was only human. He shifted his focus to the werewolf when it yelped in agony from the assault. It collapsed with a violent whine as a bullet ripped through its skull, ending its life. There was usually one sure way to know when a werewolf was definitely dead; it would change into its human form. He watched as it shrank and lost its fur, gradually becoming what it had been.... A woman. She lie still as could be, her golden hair spread out like a spilled drink, and she was completely naked. He sighed, relieved that she was dead instead of him or Mena.

When it was finally over, Mena allowed herself a moment to breathe easy, reholstering her weapon as she went quickly over to Slice. "Are you alright? You're bleeding." It was an extremely stupid question, but she wasn't very good at the whole mother hen thing. Briefly, she did glance over to the seemingly innocent woman that now lay dead, but she could not spare her any time. It was sad that someone who might once have been human had to die, but it was just life. Once a monster, always a monster.

"Yeah, I'll live. It could've been a lot worse." Slice said casually. He placed a hand on his side and put pressure on it, as if he'd done it a hundred times before. He was a slow healer like the rest of his species, so it was going to take a while for the gash to close.
"Was that your first time seeing a werewolf?" He asked, wondering if she knew there were lots of creatures besides them around this city.

Clara was just now leaving her job. It had been a long day and her boss wanted her to stay after and help clean. She found enjoyment in waitressing at an old pub. Plus it made picking up dinner that much easier. Clara was a strange vampire due to the fact that she didn't smell like one. She was used to having to fight off vampires or show her fangs for them to realize she was one of them. Sometimes that could be quite annoying though. As Clara made her way to her apartment building, she saw a man with dark hair and a dark suit leaning against a wall with a girl leaning on him. Strange she thought.

"Hmmm.....thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to be on my guard. To be quite honest, no I haven't I don't go out much because of the hunters. If I do I don't wander to far from my apartment." she started to sense danger in the air and took that as a quick warning. "I sense danger afoot, we must go." she said in a worried and concerned voice. She didn't want to be caught or be the next victim to a slayer.

Mena rolled her eyes at the question, thinking that it was probably rather obvious that her situation was not that of most humans. She was not in the dark about the things that went bump in the night, and made no bones about this fact. "No. And I'm sure it wasn't yours, either." She answered plainly, glancing over to the now dead woman once again. It still irked her, even now, but it didn't matter. What was done was done.