Illusions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ellie jumped, glaring at Kerensa and shaking her head. She got out of the car, watching as Jonathan went to find a bathroom. She laid a blanket out, frowning. "Not now Kerensa.. Can't you see we're on a date?" She didn't want to be rude; She understood and felt bad that Kerensa was dead and needed answers. But it seemed as if seeing ghosts affected her love life as well as any personal life she had. She mumbled to herself, downing the wine and pouring herself another glass.

Kerensa opened her mouth a tiny bit, but eventually shut her trap, nodded and walked off. She didn't walk very far, though, as she soon stopped behind a tree, and sat down behind it. Her small figure allowed her to stay there for as long as she needed. She's be completely invisible until they decided to take note of her again.

The date ended horribly; Jonathan ended up getting sick with food poisoning from the restaurant. Ellie frowned, telling Jonathan she'd walk home and that she would be okay. She watched as he drove away, sadness creeping into her eyes. She walked up to Kerensa, sighing. "Sometimes I wonder how easy it would be as a ghost.. And then I realize that I'm meant to help them. I cannot be sad." She smiled, motioning for Kerensa to walk with her. "Let's go home."

As she walked by, Kerensa stood up and followed her, as she had shown. While walking, she didn't want to say anything. She just kept silent all the way back, thinking of her funeral.

She still had a hard time believing that so many had shown up for her. That so many had actually decided to show some form of affection to her. Was she really liked this much by people? Were there really that many who were sad about her demise?

Ellie sighed, looking around the park as she walked. Most of the ghosts hung back, too afraid or angry to go near her. This was a usual reaction to someone who saw the dead; Most ghosts would spend eternity believing that no living human could see them. She shrugged, looking to Kerensa. "You're too quiet, Kerensa. What is the matter?"

As she was yanked back into reality when the medium spoke, causing her to loudly sigh. "I-I don't know, it just feels... Weird. So many attended my funeral, but... I was never very popular. I don't understand how so many were actually there..."

Ellie shrugged, kicking a rock with her shoe. "You were loved by many people.. I knew you in school, but I chose to stay away from you. You always had a dead family member near you.. A woman. She.. Didn't like me. Of course, I knew it was because loved ones who have passed over can be very protective. So I avoided you.. Not on purpose, though.. At that time I wasn't able to control my abilities."

This came as a pure shock to Kerensa. This woman... Attended the same school as her? And saw ghosts around her? This... Was a bit hard to believe, at least for her. "This isn't true, is it? The only dead family member I have that knew me was my aunt... A-And she killed herself..."

Ellie shrugged, nodding. "I was indeed there. You just didn't notice me.. It could honestly be your aunt. I think she finally crossed over, though. I haven't seen her near you at all." Her heels sunk into the fresh grass, her red dress blowing in the wind. "What a way for Jonathan to make an impression, eh? It's ridiculous. He could have at least drove me home, right? Either way, I don't mind walking."

"..." Kerensa suddenly didn't feel like talking. The brief time that she knew her aunt, she absolutely loved her. All she wanted to do... Was to know her better... And she had the opportunity to do so...

Ellie shrugged, letting the silence linger in the air. She walked towards the bus stop, waiting for a while before deciding to pass the street. In a flurry of motion, a car slammed on the gas, steering right towards her. Ellie glanced at Kerensa with shock before being hit and thrown by the car. She landed on the ground, her body in severe pain. Blood trickled out of her mouth, her leg completely broken. The bone had ripped out of her leg, exposing it and leaking blood on the ground. She screamed in pain, her body jerking uncontrollably. She looked to Kerensa, reaching out for her. That is when everything went black.

As the medium walked across the road, Kerensa was about to tell her to watch out, but as soon as she opened her mouth, a car drove right through her and rammed the medium, sending her flying. Kerensa screamed and ran over to her... But she was helpless. She was already dead. Not able to do anything, she ran over to the driver, expecting him or her to take responsibility.

Ellie awoke in the hospital; She was only able to see Kerensa. No other ghosts were around, though. That freaked Elisabeth out, considering a hospital should be filled with spirits. She groaned, rolling over and looking down upon her leg that now had a thick, white cast on it. She could not move her arm or her hips. She frowned, looking over at where Kerensa was. "W-What.. What happened?" She noticed the doctor opening and the doctor walked in. His blue eyes looked down at her with sympathy. "We called your parents. You were hit horribly.. We had to do extensive surgery on your leg. I realize you cannot move, and that is understandable. Your body is paralyzed from the accident.. It should go away in about two weeks." He smiled, nodding before leaving the room again. Ellie sighed, tears sliding out of her eyes. "I'm an idiot."

"N-No, no..." Kerensa said as she approached her. "I s-should've told you to be careful... This... This is my fault, you shouldn't be here." She started crying, for both of them. She was stuck in the hospital... And she wouldn't be able to talk to her family.

Ellie raised a hand, pulling out her phone. "I'm going to have your family come to the hospital, okay? Everything will be fine." She opened her cell phone, smiling over at Kerensa through the pain. "H-Hello? Kerensa's parents, correct? Why don't you stop by the hospital for our meeting? Yes.. I got in a little accident. In two hours? Perfect! See you then!"

She swallows, trying to hold back the tears as she looked at the medium in the bed. "T-Thank you... I-I'm sorry for everything I've caused... Both in school and now..." she sniffled a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.