Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile... back at the Cafeteria...

"Muumiiiiii...." Princess Emily Cutt unleashed her verbal tick as she talked to herself. "Neither Caldwell nor Raven are back yet... and the food may run out any moment... Raven's done so much for me... Mimi wants to do something for him... that..."

Emily raises her head and asks those surrounding her at the table - new acquaintances if you may. Her ruby eyes shined with determination! "Um... excuse me... does anyone here know how to cook?"

@Yun Lee @Nater Taters @york @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @CAFETERIA
"C-Cook? ... um, I'm not sure if I can help. Um, Anna?"

Lauren mumbled a bit once she heard something about needing help with cooking, and tightened her grip on Anna's hand to show that she was asking for her input in some way. They couldn't just ignore that request for some assistance.

@Yun Lee @Nater Taters @york @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Cafeteria​

The young man smiled as he realized who all's company he was in, offering a wave(though not to his credit, it was a wave of his non-arm) and a friendly smile. After all, he could never be rude to friends on this ship he wasn't supposed to be on but had gotten dragged onto! "Well hey, how are you all doing?" he asked in a pleasant tone, genuinely curious. Though, he quickly found himself distracted by the sight of the sonic screwdrivers in the group's possession. "...Hm? What're those things?" Before he got a proper answer to his question, he found himself confronted with a question of someone else's, aimed at none other than him!

Awkwardly, his hand rose to rub his neck, and he offered Raven a sheepish expression. "Right, well, uhh... I, um.... I kinda got lost, and, well, I wound up here," he explained, as awkward as ever. "But don't worry so much, Raven! I'm sure that everything's just fine," he assured, giving the other a gentle pat on the shoulder before letting his hand drop back to his side.. Where he promptly heard out Oswin's explanation and response. For a long while after she finished, the male fell silent, staring off with a fairly derpy smile on his face.

610bD.jpg

"...Haha, what?" he asked, clearly totally lost. "You want me to... Distract... That big scary plant thing, that could probably eat me alive?" he asked for clarification, the expression fading away as he fleetingly grew silent and somewhat serious... Before breaking into a laugh. "Haha, sure, I'll do it!" And so, cheerfully, he moved to grab an axe from the pile with his good hand. One would likely doubt he'd be able to handle the thing well at all, what with his seeming lack of coordination. Not even taking his outright lack of one arm into account. But he seemed confident enough. "So just go in there and keep it busy for you nice folk, right?" he inquired, turning to once again face the others. "I can do... tha-..."

And then, his eyes landed on something he found himself trailing off in his words to behold. His eyes briefly widened behind his glasses- not that much difference could be seen as this occurred -as he marveled, taking in the absolute beauty that was none other than the plant monster :||| Luka Sinclair. It took a few moments for it to really occur to Caldwell that he was staring at the other male, at which point, he quickly averted his gaze and fought a blush. "--E-em, as I was saying," he scurried to catch himself, straightening his stance and trying to keep a firm hold on his axe. He needed to focus... And not on the handsome blonde. So he managed to muster that goofy smile of his again, giving what was supposed to be a salute with his stump of an arm, but didn't quite cut it. "I've got this, no problem!"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @penguin055 @Gardengroup​

Luka noticed Caldwell's staring and was confused. Why was the male staring at him? Was something on his face? He hoped not, he gently touched his face to see if anything was there, but relaxed when it turned out that nothing was there. If it wasn't that, then why was he being stared at? Oh well, he could ask later.

"Think you can handle it?" Luka asked, almost teasing Caldwell, even though he had planned to help distract the plant monster if the other wanted. He didn't know why he asked in such a way, maybe it was because it would help make the situation a little less nerve wracking for him. Or maybe just because he felt like messing with Caldwell a tiny bit, finding him oddly cute. : |

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Savannah Clause @Crow @Kaykay @penguin055 @Gardens @Anybody I missed

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Back in the Med Bay

Doctor Park sat at her computer reading an archive of Medical Journals. Articles she had missed since they had left earth. Once again, the soft sounds of Erik Satie played. Quiet piano played through her speakers helping to calm her and anyone who might be listening. She stood up and shut down her computer. "Alright, what are we dealing with today?" She said, putting on a pair of gloves and grabbing a mask.

Her white boots and jacket shone brightly in the lighting of the room. She glanced around the sterile Med Bay. This would be a normal day, right?

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Anyone @Med Bay @finally posting

tumblr_inline_o5dz2qdDed1s2djns_100.png

"I understand the irrigation system we have sounds a bit... odd," Oswin replied, glancing between Raven and Melissa who seemed surprised by it. "I don't even really understand why we have something like it. The only explanation I've been given is that this ship is... old. So I'm assuming it doesn't have everything it needs. Quite a shame. Like you said, if the Control Room could simply shut off this irrigation system the problem would be solved." The woman sighed and shook her head. "Nevertheless, we'll get the job done. I have plenty of sonic screwdrivers here," she said, answering Raven.

After she had answered Raven, it was then that a very derpy Caldwell arrived. Oswin raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. Hey, who was she to judge anyone who came to help? She really needed the assistance! "Just in time," she said to Caldwell. "I'm going to give all of you another quick rundown on what we're going to do and then we'll get started."

Owswin pointed her sonic screwdriver at the door, locking it again as an example. "This tool can do anything. It's connected to your mind. Press the button and think about what you want it to do. It'll do it. That's all, really. Anyone with half a brain can use one." So that meant Caldwell probably couldn't use it. : |

"One last thing," she said, gesturing to a tool rack containing some axes, saws, and gardening shears. "I'd recommend taking one of those with you too. That way you can cut yourself free if it grabs you. If you can't get away it'll drag you toward itself and... well, to be frank, it might try to eat you."

"Now, come over here and take a look. This is what we're up against," Oswin said, walking to a window over at the back corner of the shed they were in. She blew dust off it and wiped it with the back of her hand so the others could better see what was outside. The others would see a strange looking plant monster with vine-like arms. It had wide jaws and large teeth, making it appear to be quite the threat.

latest

"At least one of you needs to distract it. Run out there and do whatever it takes to get its attention on you. How about you take care of that, new guy," she said, gesturing to Caldwell. Because he looked like a good scape goat. : |

"And then while one of you is distracting it, the others should try and get to the three valves and shut them off with the sonic screwdrivers. Avoiding its vines is the main problem, because it'll try to hold you back from getting to the valves. But with someone distracting it, that shouldn't be a big problem. Sound good, everyone?"

@penguin055 @Kaykay @Crow @Savannah Clause @Takumi @GardenArea
Melissa nodded affirmatively as she was both instructed on how to use the Sonic Screwdriver and on exactly what it was they were dealing with. She didn't really care who distracted the plant, but could that Caldwell guy actually even do his job? The guy didn't even have an arm. Heck, he was probably a drag on the group, actually. There were currently 6 people here, so even without him they were more than set to accomplish their task.

Sighing, she shook her head and put a hand on the one-armed man's shoulder.

"We don't need you to fail all of us and get us killed after you reveal yourself to be incapable of stopping this monstrous plant. Arm yourself with that axe and stay behind me, got it?" With a stern voice and look on her face, she glared at Caldwell as though he was a total pain in the ass. Quite probably because that was exactly what she thought of him. Grabbing a pair of garden shears, she took a deep breath as she readied herself to intentionally throw herself before a floral monstrosity. "Just don't get in my way, and don't die. That is all."

After giving him not the kindest of words, she looked back at the others with a glare that made her intent obvious without any words. All she was waiting for now was everyone to affirm their readiness.

Cause nobody would ever question what she had to say, right?

@Takumi @Crow @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Savannah Clause @penguin055

The young man smiled as he realized who all's company he was in, offering a wave(though not to his credit, it was a wave of his non-arm) and a friendly smile. After all, he could never be rude to friends on this ship he wasn't supposed to be on but had gotten dragged onto! "Well hey, how are you all doing?" he asked in a pleasant tone, genuinely curious. Though, he quickly found himself distracted by the sight of the sonic screwdrivers in the group's possession. "...Hm? What're those things?" Before he got a proper answer to his question, he found himself confronted with a question of someone else's, aimed at none other than him!

Awkwardly, his hand rose to rub his neck, and he offered Raven a sheepish expression. "Right, well, uhh... I, um.... I kinda got lost, and, well, I wound up here," he explained, as awkward as ever. "But don't worry so much, Raven! I'm sure that everything's just fine," he assured, giving the other a gentle pat on the shoulder before letting his hand drop back to his side.. Where he promptly heard out Oswin's explanation and response. For a long while after she finished, the male fell silent, staring off with a fairly derpy smile on his face.

610bD.jpg

"...Haha, what?" he asked, clearly totally lost. "You want me to... Distract... That big scary plant thing, that could probably eat me alive?" he asked for clarification, the expression fading away as he fleetingly grew silent and somewhat serious... Before breaking into a laugh. "Haha, sure, I'll do it!" And so, cheerfully, he moved to grab an axe from the pile with his good hand. One would likely doubt he'd be able to handle the thing well at all, what with his seeming lack of coordination. Not even taking his outright lack of one arm into account. But he seemed confident enough. "So just go in there and keep it busy for you nice folk, right?" he inquired, turning to once again face the others. "I can do... tha-..."

And then, his eyes landed on something he found himself trailing off in his words to behold. His eyes briefly widened behind his glasses- not that much difference could be seen as this occurred -as he marveled, taking in the absolute beauty that was none other than the plant monster :||| Luka Sinclair. It took a few moments for it to really occur to Caldwell that he was staring at the other male, at which point, he quickly averted his gaze and fought a blush. "--E-em, as I was saying," he scurried to catch himself, straightening his stance and trying to keep a firm hold on his axe. He needed to focus... And not on the handsome blonde. So he managed to muster that goofy smile of his again, giving what was supposed to be a salute with his stump of an arm, but didn't quite cut it. "I've got this, no problem!"

Melissa nodded affirmatively as she was both instructed on how to use the Sonic Screwdriver and on exactly what it was they were dealing with. She didn't really care who distracted the plant, but could that Caldwell guy actually even do his job? The guy didn't even have an arm. Heck, he was probably a drag on the group, actually. There were currently 6 people here, so even without him they were more than set to accomplish their task.

"We don't need you to fail all of us and get us killed after you reveal yourself to be incapable of stopping this monstrous plant. Arm yourself with that axe and stay behind me, got it?" With a stern voice and look on her face, she glared at Caldwell as though he was a total pain in the ass. Quite probably because that was exactly what she thought of him. Grabbing a pair of garden shears, she took a deep breath as she readied herself to intentionally throw herself before a floral monstrosity. "Just don't get in my way, and don't die. That is all."

After giving him not the kindest of words, she looked back at the others with a glare that made her intent obvious without any words. All she was waiting for now was everyone to affirm their readiness.

"If that's the case, then that leaves only... me, Elias, Oswin and Luka. One person pairs with me to tackle the valve closest to the beast. The remaining two will handle the... well... remaining two..."

Raven then turns to Caldwell and Mellisa, with only a few words to add after Mellisa's glare.

"Best of luck, you two..." whispering to Caldwell, he proceeds to utter, "you sure about this, Caldwell?"

Raven grabs another Sonic Screwdriver, then uses his mind to set it. He puts it in Caldwell's mouth.

"Caldwell, hold this in your mouth. If it begins to beep fast and loud, it's a sign that the beast is near. That's a sign to predict and evade any incoming attacks. While I wish luck, knowing your opponent must be prioritized."

@Takumi @Crow @Savannah Clause @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Savannah Clause @penguin055 @GARDENAREA

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
tumblr_inline_o5dz2qdDed1s2djns_100.png

"I understand the irrigation system we have sounds a bit... odd," Oswin replied, glancing between Raven and Melissa who seemed surprised by it. "I don't even really understand why we have something like it. The only explanation I've been given is that this ship is... old. So I'm assuming it doesn't have everything it needs. Quite a shame. Like you said, if the Control Room could simply shut off this irrigation system the problem would be solved." The woman sighed and shook her head. "Nevertheless, we'll get the job done. I have plenty of sonic screwdrivers here," she said, answering Raven.

After she had answered Raven, it was then that a very derpy Caldwell arrived. Oswin raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. Hey, who was she to judge anyone who came to help? She really needed the assistance! "Just in time," she said to Caldwell. "I'm going to give all of you another quick rundown on what we're going to do and then we'll get started."

Owswin pointed her sonic screwdriver at the door, locking it again as an example. "This tool can do anything. It's connected to your mind. Press the button and think about what you want it to do. It'll do it. That's all, really. Anyone with half a brain can use one." So that meant Caldwell probably couldn't use it. : |

"One last thing," she said, gesturing to a tool rack containing some axes, saws, and gardening shears. "I'd recommend taking one of those with you too. That way you can cut yourself free if it grabs you. If you can't get away it'll drag you toward itself and... well, to be frank, it might try to eat you."

"Now, come over here and take a look. This is what we're up against," Oswin said, walking to a window over at the back corner of the shed they were in. She blew dust off it and wiped it with the back of her hand so the others could better see what was outside. The others would see a strange looking plant monster with vine-like arms. It had wide jaws and large teeth, making it appear to be quite the threat.

latest

"At least one of you needs to distract it. Run out there and do whatever it takes to get its attention on you. How about you take care of that, new guy," she said, gesturing to Caldwell. Because he looked like a good scape goat. : |

"And then while one of you is distracting it, the others should try and get to the three valves and shut them off with the sonic screwdrivers. Avoiding its vines is the main problem, because it'll try to hold you back from getting to the valves. But with someone distracting it, that shouldn't be a big problem. Sound good, everyone?"

610bD.jpg

Luka noticed Caldwell's staring and was confused. Why was the male staring at him? Was something on his face? He hoped not, he gently touched his face to see if anything was there, but relaxed when it turned out that nothing was there. If it wasn't that, then why was he being stared at? Oh well, he could ask later.

"Think you can handle it?" Luka asked, almost teasing Caldwell, even though he had planned to help distract the plant monster if the other wanted. He didn't know why he asked in such a way, maybe it was because it would help make the situation a little less nerve wracking for him. Or maybe just because he felt like messing with Caldwell a tiny bit, finding him oddly cute. : |

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Savannah Clause @Crow @Kaykay @penguin055 @Gardens @Anybody I missed

"If that's the case, then that leaves only... me, Elias, Oswin and Luka. One person pairs with me to tackle the valve closest to the beast. The remaining two will handle the... well... remaining two..."

Raven then turns to Caldwell and Mellisa, with only a few words to add after Mellisa's glare.

"Best of luck, you two..." whispering to Caldwell, he proceeds to utter, "you sure about this, Caldwell?"

Raven grabs another Sonic Screwdriver, then uses his mind to set it. He puts it in Caldwell's mouth.

"Caldwell, hold this in your mouth. If it begins to beep fast and loud, it's a sign that the beast is near. That's a sign to predict and evade any incoming attacks. While I wish luck, knowing your opponent must be prioritized."

@Takumi @Crow @Savannah Clause @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Savannah Clause @penguin055 @GARDENAREA

"I'll take the second valve," Elias said, rolling up his sleeves. He picked up a nearby axe with his right hand, and gripped his sonic screwdriver with his left. "I'm ready to go whenever you guys are." He looked across the room, eyeing the other members of the group. He looked calm, but deep down he was a little bit scared. He had never done anything even remotely similar to this in his life. "Let's get this over with quickly."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Kaykay @Takumi @Savannah Clause @Garden

When questioned by Luka on whether or not he could handle it, Caldwell at first found himself struggling with how to respond, suddenly feeling very nervous. But, funnily enough, not about this whole plant monster thing. That wasn't nearly as scary- Caldwell was used to getting asked to do all kinds of crazy things in a spur of the moment, well, moment, and expected to follow through. And no matter how crazy the task, or how awkward and not necessarily coordinated he was, he always- miraculously -managed to make it out alive. This would surely be no different... Right?

Realizing he'd taken too long a pause before answering, the redhead suddenly snapped out of it. "A-aha, of course I can handle it," he finally assured, directed at both Raven and Luka. Though Melissa's little 'words of encouragement' only served to make the male falter very slightly, his shoulders slumping and a somewhat nervous laugh passing his lips. "Right..."

He was probably doomed.

In any case, as Melissa's hand fell away from his shoulder and she moved on, the male only watched after momentarily. Jeez... Who knew people could be so serious and uptight? She didn't seem to like me much, either... "...Huh?--" Before the young man could really process what was happening, he found that something was being shoved into his mouth. Pth! Gross... Metal. Briefly, the group was treated to the sight of a cross-eyed Caldwell, trying to see just what object had been placed there. But as Raven explained it too him, he finally ceased and nodded in understanding. "Uhhh, rght," he spoke awkwardly, careful to hold the thing in his teeth so as to avoid dropping it as he spoke. The result was... Rather funny, his voice coming out in a funny way. "I thnk I goddit, shanks."

Yeah. He was definitely doomed.

@Kaykay @Crow @Takumi @penguin055 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gardenarea​

"Yeah... I suppose you're right," John sighed in response to Daisuke, rubbing his head with his hand as he'd briefly glance at the busy Captain who seemed to be giving him the cold shoulder, though admittedly, he could never tell when it was deliberate or she just had other things at her mind (though then again, if she had time to text her pen pal... one had to wonder). That said, the First Mate let out a gentle sigh, looking up at the ceiling with an almost dreamy look.

"Nurse Goto worried about me, huh? She really is too good for this galaxy..." He mumbled, before pocketing his hands and proceeding to leave the area, "In any case, I'll be seeing myself out then. Try not to enable the Captain's worst behavior while I'm gone."

Perhaps it would do him and Haruhi to be away from each other. The way they tended to bicker together, he wouldn't be surprised if some of the crew would feel the need to compare them to a married couple. It didn't bother him all that much. If anything, the only thing that bothered him about the nature of his relationship with her was how unpredictable it was, at least to him, as he could never know what was going on in her head, what she might be thinking...

... Not that he'd care about that or anything.

As he walked towards the Clinic to visit his sister, John let out a more tired, drawn out sigh to himself. "That woman's going to be the death of me if I'm not careful... and I feel like I'm not the only one at risk here."

Too bad probably no one shares that sentiment. Sometimes, it's almost like I'm the only one with any sense around here... She could probably commit war crimes and people would probably just be more concerned with flirting and farting around with each other.

... And the scariest part is I wonder just how capable she is of something like that.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Back in the Med Bay

Doctor Park sat at her computer reading an archive of Medical Journals. Articles she had missed since they had left earth. Once again, the soft sounds of Erik Satie played. Quiet piano played through her speakers helping to calm her and anyone who might be listening. She stood up and shut down her computer. "Alright, what are we dealing with today?" She said, putting on a pair of gloves and grabbing a mask.

Her white boots and jacket shone brightly in the lighting of the room. She glanced around the sterile Med Bay. This would be a normal day, right?

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Anyone @Med Bay @finally posting
"Ah, I wouldn't dream of it," Daisuke replied, an ambiguous smile on his lips when Mr. Smith would ask that he not enable the Captain's behavior. His expression remained neutral, leaving it difficult to tell whether or not he was serious--as always. "If she asks where you've gone, I'll just tell her you went to see another girl."

"Just kidding. I promise I won't let World War III start while you're gone."

When it came to Daisuke and his unclear, vague jokes it really was hard to tell whether or not this was a promise he would keep...

But, then again, maybe now was a good time for Mr. Smith to leave. After all, the Captain was a bit distracted waiting for her favorite penpal to arrive. She whirled around in a revolving chair, clenching and unclenching her fists as if she wanted to... grope something. Or someone.

"Man, just wait until Mika gets here! She's going to be so surprised!"

@Krieg

Meanwhile, at the Med Bay, today seemed to be a relatively more quiet day than the day before. The librarian and Mr. Smith's sister were just a couple of the people remaining after the busy day from before. Ms. Chihara had stayed due to her head injury while the young girl had stayed... due to stubbornness. She had hurt her leg, yet all this time refused to have anyone look at it. So, she hung around moping while also appearing as if she were searching for something. Whatever that something was, the girl also refused to say. What a troublesome girl. Like her brother. : |

@Verite @Minerva

Meanwhile, at the Med Bay, today seemed to be a relatively more quiet day than the day before. The librarian and Mr. Smith's sister were just a couple of the people remaining after the busy day from before. Ms. Chihara had stayed due to her head injury while the young girl had stayed... due to stubbornness. She had hurt her leg, yet all this time refused to have anyone look at it. So, she hung around moping while also appearing as if she were searching for something. Whatever that something was, the girl also refused to say. What a troublesome girl. Like her brother. : |

@Verite @Minerva
Doctor Park smiled as Mr. Smith stepped in. "Hello, Mr. Smith, are you here to check up on your sister?" She asked, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. She straightened her jacket and walked over to Ms. Chihara. She said in a calm voice. "How are you doing today?" She offered a smile.

Sterling felt relieved when he managed to get the crate lifted up on his own. He really didn't want to be spending the whole day to get the task done. He did like to help, but there was a limit to how patient he could remain during that time. He took the slow walk to the place, he had managed to lift the box, he wasn't going to ignore the fact that he would be mocked if he couldn't make the whole journey all by himself. He took a deep breath.

He noted that the Restricted area was indeed restricted and it was locked. It made little sense to him that it would be open. It was after all restricted to everyone who didn't directly work on the ship. He watched as the other man, opening the door and the console opened. He listened as the hissing opened the door and he waited for further directions as he show the giant chamber. It was certainly dark in there and he wondered how anyone knew what was in here. He didn't want to ask that a loud though, he had learned quite young to question nothing.

Sterling was waiting for a signal for him to enter the room and he looked around to see when he was given permission to enter the room. The last thing he wanted to do was to overstep his bounds. He was better than that. He finally saw the signal to enter the room.

Sterling went to set the crate down. He didn't want to bother with the chatter. He was sure that the Captain had a logical reason to put the food in the back room of the ship, as it would seem.

Sterling scoffed, feeling that was probably the most absurd speculation he had heard so far today. He imagined that the virus was putting everyone on edge.

He heard the noise.

He turned to see what the two man thought and he noticed that they were scared. He listened to the tapping and he still wasn't sure why, but he wasn't afraid. It may have been all the time he spent uncovering stuff on Earth, but not much phased him.

" It was probably a door opening, like when we entered."

@Verite

Doctor Park smiled as Mr. Smith stepped in. "Hello, Mr. Smith, are you here to check up on your sister?" She asked, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. She straightened her jacket and walked over to Ms. Chihara. She said in a calm voice. "How are you doing today?" She offered a smile.
In John's opinion, there weren't very many people as reliable, yet trite, as the good Doctor Park, except for perhaps Lieutenant Cho at the helm. Anyone else that held any sort of command included the Captain, Daisuke, or... Well, that was about it. It was a wonder how this place hadn't just blown up in that asteroid field earlier, to be honest.

Giving a polite smile in turn, John gave a nod. "Ah, yeah... Yeah, I'm just dropping by to visit her. And I suppose Ms. Chihara as well for that matter," the First Mate responded. Seeing the reticent girl there, for some odd reason, made him feel... a twinge of guilt, perhaps? But what could he possibly feel guilty for? In fact, truth be told, seeing Minori at all, rare as that phenomena seemed to be considering the librarian always kept to herself, always seemed to leave John with a strange sense of... familiarity, yet melancholy at that. He could never really ascertain why, and he never inquired about it, as he imagined the girl would have relatively little to say about that matter, so it had always just been something that hung around.

Like an endless loop, eight times over at least.

Leaving the doctor to tend to Ms. Chihara for the time being, John made his way over to his sister's general location, letting out a soft sigh. Really, was she ever going to stop wanting to rely on him so much? Though she might have acted like the ship's little mascot that lifted most people's spirits, it could actually something of a bother sometimes, being the (comparatively or not) grumpy brother of such a cute little girl, among other things. Of course, then again, perhaps her mere presence on the ship made John depressed in a way, as looking at how she depended on him reminded him of how much the rest of the crew depended on him, whether they realized it or not.

That is, basically, in other words, it was sad to John that it felt like the (dare he say, helpless at times) crew depended on him more than his own kid sister did. Not to sound narcissistic or anything. That was just how it went.

In any case, knocking on the wall as he'd reach his sister, John cleared his throat. "Okaaaay, sis, I'm right here. You didn't cause any trouble for the good doctor, did you?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva

How innocent and quaint the programmer had been, unaware of the foul scheme against her, to entrap one of Sagittarius III's finest programmers in some sort of quarantine. Of course the justification of a greater good is an escape scapegoat, but will it pay out in the end? Mika, of course, didn't have those answers- she didn't even the question to begin with. Time will tell the consequences of such actions, if they are, of course, put into motion.

With a light skip in her prance, the teenager strolled on into her usual workplace. The Control Station had always been a relaxing environment for the programmer, a place to sit down, check the status of the ship, and ensure the technicalities of it all are working smoothly. That, and of course, to be surrounded by her usual co-workers, most of which the friendly gamer considered friends. Dumping her juice box in a space trash can, much different than a normal trash can, the pink-eyed brunette yawned as she stretched her arms upwards.

Rubbing her pink eyes, she looked up at the whirling chair, waving one of her oversized sleeves, the girl seemingly always wearing her school uniform.

"Haruhi-saaaaan~!"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jeremi
In John's opinion, there weren't very many people as reliable, yet trite, as the good Doctor Park, except for perhaps Lieutenant Cho at the helm. Anyone else that held any sort of command included the Captain, Daisuke, or... Well, that was about it. It was a wonder how this place hadn't just blown up in that asteroid field earlier, to be honest.

Giving a polite smile in turn, John gave a nod. "Ah, yeah... Yeah, I'm just dropping by to visit her. And I suppose Ms. Chihara as well for that matter," the First Mate responded. Seeing the reticent girl there, for some odd reason, made him feel... a twinge of guilt, perhaps? But what could he possibly feel guilty for? In fact, truth be told, seeing Minori at all, rare as that phenomena seemed to be considering the librarian always kept to herself, always seemed to leave John with a strange sense of... familiarity, yet melancholy at that. He could never really ascertain why, and he never inquired about it, as he imagined the girl would have relatively little to say about that matter, so it had always just been something that hung around.

Like an endless loop, eight times over at least.

Leaving the doctor to tend to Ms. Chihara for the time being, John made his way over to his sister's general location, letting out a soft sigh. Really, was she ever going to stop wanting to rely on him so much? Though she might have acted like the ship's little mascot that lifted most people's spirits, it could actually something of a bother sometimes, being the (comparatively or not) grumpy brother of such a cute little girl, among other things. Of course, then again, perhaps her mere presence on the ship made John depressed in a way, as looking at how she depended on him reminded him of how much the rest of the crew depended on him, whether they realized it or not.

That is, basically, in other words, it was sad to John that it felt like the (dare he say, helpless at times) crew depended on him more than his own kid sister did. Not to sound narcissistic or anything. That was just how it went.

In any case, knocking on the wall as he'd reach his sister, John cleared his throat. "Okaaaay, sis, I'm right here. You didn't cause any trouble for the good doctor, did you?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva

"She was fine. Refused to let us see what was wrong, but was otherwise fine. She was pretty quiet last night." Doctor Park said going over Chihara's chart. "I think it should be a minor sprain."

She turned to the librarian. "How are you feeling?" She asked Ms. Chihara.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Med Bay

Alec had been glad to hear that Daren found what was between them nice, for what came after had to have felt pretty great by comparison then. It wasn't long after that their time together had to end, for they still had obligations to their jobs on the ship. Alec held Daren's hand at the doorway to his obvious, just long enough for it to feel a bit exciting that someone might see them. He gave his man a wink before letting go and they walked alongside each other into the hallway.

In the interest of finding out more than the little their captain had given them, Alec and Daren both decided to visit the Med Bay again to see if any of the medical staff knew what was going on. Upon arrival, Alec saw Doctor Park conversing with to others, so he rested his shoulder against the doorway and waited.

"Anything of note going on in here?" he asked casually.

@Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Verite @Med Bay

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Alec had been glad to hear that Daren found what was between them nice, for what came after had to have felt pretty great by comparison then. It wasn't long after that their time together had to end, for they still had obligations to their jobs on the ship. Alec held Daren's hand at the doorway to his obvious, just long enough for it to feel a bit exciting that someone might see them. He gave his man a wink before letting go and they walked alongside each other into the hallway.

In the interest of finding out more than the little their captain had given them, Alec and Daren both decided to visit the Med Bay again to see if any of the medical staff knew what was going on. Upon arrival, Alec saw Doctor Park conversing with to others, so he rested his shoulder against the doorway and waited.

Daren for his part gave the gathered people an awkward wave. "Hello everyone, is everyone feeling good?"

@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Verite @Med Bay

Meanwhile... back at the Cafeteria...

"Muumiiiiii...." Princess Emily Cutt unleashed her verbal tick as she talked to herself. "Neither Caldwell nor Raven are back yet... and the food may run out any moment... Raven's done so much for me... Mimi wants to do something for him... that..."

Emily raises her head and asks those surrounding her at the table - new acquaintances if you may. Her ruby eyes shined with determination! "Um... excuse me... does anyone here know how to cook?"

@Yun Lee @Nater Taters @york @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @CAFETERIA

Lauren mumbled a bit once she heard something about needing help with cooking, and tightened her grip on Anna's hand to show that she was asking for her input in some way. They couldn't just ignore that request for some assistance.

Anna Amherst
@Yun Lee @Nater Taters @Crow @Gummi Bunnies
@Cafeteria

Anna paused for a moment, taking time to think about this... She knew how to cook, but she hadn't done it in so long; it had been back before she was tasked to help her cousin after all, one of those favors she was pressured into. All the same, she wasn't very confident in how her skills may have fared during the years she had neglected to use them, but... Evidently, someone was going to have to volunteer, so, taking a few moments to prepare herself, she finally spoke.

"I can help!" She said suddenly, raising her hand.

Welp, with any luck, she wouldn't regret this; there was a very real possibility she might end up starting a fire in aboard the sagittarius III, but... At the very least, she hoped the ship had some good sprinkler systems or something if things went south in the kitchen.

"I'll take the second valve," Elias said, rolling up his sleeves. He picked up a nearby axe with his right hand, and gripped his sonic screwdriver with his left. "I'm ready to go whenever you guys are." He looked across the room, eyeing the other members of the group. He looked calm, but deep down he was a little bit scared. He had never done anything even remotely similar to this in his life. "Let's get this over with quickly."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Kaykay @Takumi @Savannah Clause @Garden

When questioned by Luka on whether or not he could handle it, Caldwell at first found himself struggling with how to respond, suddenly feeling very nervous. But, funnily enough, not about this whole plant monster thing. That wasn't nearly as scary- Caldwell was used to getting asked to do all kinds of crazy things in a spur of the moment, well, moment, and expected to follow through. And no matter how crazy the task, or how awkward and not necessarily coordinated he was, he always- miraculously -managed to make it out alive. This would surely be no different... Right?

Realizing he'd taken too long a pause before answering, the redhead suddenly snapped out of it. "A-aha, of course I can handle it," he finally assured, directed at both Raven and Luka. Though Melissa's little 'words of encouragement' only served to make the male falter very slightly, his shoulders slumping and a somewhat nervous laugh passing his lips. "Right..."

He was probably doomed.

In any case, as Melissa's hand fell away from his shoulder and she moved on, the male only watched after momentarily. Jeez... Who knew people could be so serious and uptight? She didn't seem to like me much, either... "...Huh?--" Before the young man could really process what was happening, he found that something was being shoved into his mouth. Pth! Gross... Metal. Briefly, the group was treated to the sight of a cross-eyed Caldwell, trying to see just what object had been placed there. But as Raven explained it too him, he finally ceased and nodded in understanding. "Uhhh, rght," he spoke awkwardly, careful to hold the thing in his teeth so as to avoid dropping it as he spoke. The result was... Rather funny, his voice coming out in a funny way. "I thnk I goddit, shanks."

"I'll head to the closest valve with Raven." Luka said, before nodding to Caldwell when he said that he could handle it. He also grabbed an ax, holding it in one hand while the sonic screwdriver was in his other hand.

Though he didn't approve of Melissa's tone towards Caldwell, he didn't say anything about it. Just furrow his brows lightly and frown.

Daren for his part gave the gathered people an awkward wave. "Hello everyone, is everyone feeling good?"

@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Verite @Med Bay
"Everything's fine. It's pretty quiet today." Doctor Park said in a calm, quiet, almost clinical tone. "Just checking up on Ms. Chihara here. Everything's fine otherwise. How are you all today?"

@Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Med Bay

Anna Amherst
@Yun Lee @Nater Taters @Crow @Gummi Bunnies
@Cafeteria

Anna paused for a moment, taking time to think about this... She knew how to cook, but she hadn't done it in so long; it had been back before she was tasked to help her cousin after all, one of those favors she was pressured into. All the same, she wasn't very confident in how her skills may have fared during the years she had neglected to use them, but... Evidently, someone was going to have to volunteer, so, taking a few moments to prepare herself, she finally spoke.

"I can help!" She said suddenly, raising her hand.

Welp, with any luck, she wouldn't regret this; there was a very real possibility she might end up starting a fire in aboard the sagittarius III, but... At the very least, she hoped the ship had some good sprinkler systems or something if things went south in the kitchen.

Princess Emily Cutt was confident in what she was prepared to say.

"I... I want to learn how to cook... like the chef!" the Princess points to the almost-finished food at the buffet table. "I promised Raven I'd help while he was gone... so... this is the least I can do... to thank him for the meal..."

The Princess' head was hung a little low.

@york @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CAFETERIA

He was probably doomed.

"I'll head to the closest valve with Raven." Luka said, before nodding to Caldwell when he said that he could handle it. He also grabbed an ax, holding it in one hand while the sonic screwdriver was in his other hand.

Though he didn't approve of Melissa's tone towards Caldwell, he didn't say anything about it. Just furrow his brows lightly and frown.

"Everyone," Raven says, "the sooner we get there, the sooner we rid of the threat. I believe it's time to move out. Luka, I watch your back you watch mine. Anything else we need to note of before rushing to our positions, Ms Oswin?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Savannah Clause @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @penguin055 @GardensArea

Day 2: Mid-Day Update
ooc: As of this post, one new character has been saved and one infected. Effective immediately. Special thanks to @Minerva for the magazine picture. <3

While waiting for Mika to arrive, the Captain decided to check and see how many votes from the Social Center had been sent in. After counting the votes and seeing that Doctor Park had been chosen to be quarantined, Suzumiya couldn't help but let out a laugh.

RpLDcz0.png

"Ha! Out of anyone why would they choose the doctor? She's around sick people all the time! She's gotta have a great immune system! I say there's no way she's infected, but I guess we'll find out," she said to herself, carefully typing out a message to Nurse Goto.

"So, Doctor Park, huh? Perhaps it would be in the best interest of everyone if you let the crew know she's going to be quarantined," Daisuke reminded her.

"I'm getting to that! Don't rush me!" she snapped back at the young man.

I was giving you a break today, but screw that! I have something bigger and better for you to do! Doctor Park was voted out by the travelers. So I want you to go give her the special test we talked about. Go do that on the double! Get your cute little ass on the move! Captain's orders.

After finishing up her email to the nurse, Haruhi decided to give the crew a quick announcement over the intercom in light of the very important news she needed to share with everyone.

"Captain Suzumiya speaking. I'm bringing all of you this brief announcement to inform you of some news all of you might want to hear. It's about... ME! Look at your computer screens and phones right now, everyone! JUST LOOK!"

Those who would look at their computer and phone screens would see an image appear for a couple of seconds.

2907498acee4426cb69e063724a602e5.png

"Hot damn, I made the cover of a magazine. No need to praise me or anything, but feel free to reflect on how lucky all of you are to have such a cool Captain!"

Daisuke about fell out of his chair. "Uh, Captain, I thought you were going to tell them about... the voting results?"

"Ugh, you're such a drag. Fiiiine."

The Captain cleared her throat.

"I have one last thing to share with all of you: the voting results are in! Doctor Park has been chosen to be quarantined in the Med Bay, or whatever, until we know whether or not she's infected. Nurse Goto will be assisting her with a test to see if she's healthy. I'll announce the results of her screening after it's complete. Until then, have a good day!"

It was shortly after giving her message that the Captain took notice to Mika arriving. "MIKAAAAAAA!" the quirky teen exclaimed, giving the other girl a traditional hug tackle of some kind, followed by a not-so-traditional, yet subtle groping. She was a slight pervert, after all. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Damn, it seemed like you were gone for ages! Now that you're here, I can finally show you the surprise I had for you!"

"I think you already showed it to everyone, Captain," Daisuke remarked, rubbing the back of his head. His comment earned him a scowl from the Captain.

"Shut up. I wasn't talking to you," she replied to Daisuke before looking back at Mika. "It's not like I'm that self-centered. My present isn't that magazine, it's..." Out from behind her back, Suzumiya whipped out a video game case. "DUN DUN DUN... it's the new Call of Booty game! Now we'll totally have something to play after work today! Am I great or what?"

@Everybody @Krieg @CommandStation

Meanwhile, at the Med Bay, when Doctor Park would walk over to check on Ms. Chihara the girl would say nothing. She would look past the doctor, instead staring directly at Mr. Smith. It was an awkward stare, considering she neither blinked nor looked away for even a moment. There was a twinge of sadness in her eyes, but the trace of emotion was so minor that it was likely nobody even noticed it.

2qwk01i.jpg

"..."

The girl remained quiet until John walked off, finally glancing to the doctor. "Fine," she replied, glancing to the door. "May I leave?"

After John approached his sister, the girl frowned and reached out toward him. "Joooooohn, there you are! Tell these mean people to let me go! I'm not sick! I just hurt my foot... a little. It's not that bad. I just want to go!" she whined, wrinkling her nose.

Next, Nurse Goto entered the Med bay, appearing defeated with her arms hanging at her sides. "D-Doctor Park, the Captain... she sent me to come here and help you with a blood test and... one other test... to see if you're infected. I'm so sorry. I don't think you're infected, but... she said I have to!" the young woman exclaimed, her lower lip trembling.

@Verite @Minerva @Atomyk @Jeremi @MedBay

tumblr_inline_mwzjwsfJfP1rihseq.png

Oswin rubbed her temples with one hand and let out a sigh, shaking her head when Raven experimented with his sonic screwdriver. "I didn't mean the tool could do absolutely anything. It can do a lot of things, but-- Oh, never mind. Don't worry about what it can't do, Just focus on what you need to do with it, okay?"

Clearing her throat, Oswin stepped forward and grabbed an axe off the shelf. When she heard the others forming groups of some sort, she nodded. "I'll be with Elias then, yeah? Sounds good. We'll take the valve furthest away. Anyhow, there's nothing else I really have to tell you. It's hard to prepare for such a thing. Just watch your backs and if you find this job getting too dangerous for you to handle, feel free to pull out," she said, her eyes instinctively drifting toward Caldwell when she spoke.

"So, whenever all of you are ready, let's go," she told them, walking over to open the door to the shed. "On the count of three we'll run out, alright? One... two... three!"

The young woman threw the door open and rushed out, waiting for the others to follow suit. Slightly surprised by Oswin's appearance, the creature began pull some of its leg-like roots out of the ground to trip her up and lash at her. Because of this, she found herself blocked and had to stay back.

latest

"Now would be a great time to start distracting it," she told the others, gripping tightly to the axe she held in her hands.

Cast
@Crow as Emily Cutt & Raven Summersnow Slowmercury
@Krieg as Mika Sikou
@Bomb as Uta Komiya
@Yun Lee as Daniel Wong and Ophelia Wong
@Gummi Bunnies as Lauren Lynn
@The Tactician as Jin Tajiri
@Verite as John Smith
@Minerva as Doctor Suyong Park
@thatguyinthestore as Craig Cole
@Atomyk as Alec Boulton