Status
Not open for further replies.
xmLelAS.png

"Of course I'm not a mugger, silly!" She said playfully. "You know me! And I'm not one!" She sat silent for a moment.

JIS4swm.png

"You're saying... You don't want to sell?" Annaliesia asked. "Why not? Tell me, Hanako!" She smiled at Hanako again. "It's fine. I won't be hurt."

@york @CCC Kouhai
Hanako Musoka
@CCC Kouhai @The Silver Paladin
Hanako shifted from foot to foot, speaking up after a moment "H-Heh... You could say my father's a stubborn man sometimes..." he said uneasily, shrugging a little, it wasn't immediately obvious... But, he was most deseperately trying to dodge something like this, though, well, as one could clearly see; things didn't exactly work out in the end, and here he was, trying to negotiate himself out of another crazy deal.​

Jurikono looked across the room to see the the girl standing across from him. "Oh no..." He muttered, pulling at his hair. He was visibly sweating. He didn't exactly have much of a track record with women, not romantic, not as friends, not as coworkers, he would simply tense up, act as awkward as possible and stress the hell out "Miss, do you have a stapler?" Panicked thoughts filled his head. Why did he ask for a stapler if he was working at a computer? Why did he try speaking to her at all? Why was he wasting precious work time and risking getting fired? These were the building blocks of a disaster....
@Gummi Bunnies
Bailey blinked a bit as she noticed that her co-worker was approaching her. This wasn't... common, considering that the only people that actually come up to her are her superiors... not co-workers. Given by her reclusive personality, Bailey was pretty sure that this was quite out of the usual basic cycle, but she can adapt... hopefully.

"... a stapler? U-Um... I have one here... Are you sure that you... need one?"

@Cromartie Sarkissian

While a majority of the celebrities were dressed to the nines, there was one particular girl that walked among them wearing a plain black hoodie and a beanie pulled down so far you weren't quite sure if she even had any hair.

"Oh hi, how's it goin'? Jerrrrrry I see you over there! Meet up in the gazebo, okay? Okay!" The girl would smile and wave at anyone that she walked past or walked past here. I have no fucking clue who anyone of these guys are. She thought to herself as she maneuvered herself in the crowd.

Joan Jaffa, a minor Internet celebrity who reviewed random ass stuff wanted some action and hopefully something she wouldn't have to whine about in a vlog later so she decided to head to the Nightclub for some night of debauchery. "Or goin' home early and lyin' in a corner and cryin' Who knows the night is still young!" She really needed to stop talking to herself.

@Atomyk
Joan ran into a man dressed in a Kimono. He had black hair, and carried two swords on him. "Ow." The man said. "Sorry. Sorry. Wasn't looking where I was going." He stood up, and brushed his kimono off. He had the patch of Shiawase on his clothes. You would recognize him as Toshiro Shiawase, the CEO of the Second largest corporation on Earth, Shiawase. He smiled softly, and put his hand on the hilt of one of the swords. "So, you're here like the rest of the celebrities, eh?" He said with a slight laugh.

@Atomyk

Katsuko placed her hand upon her hip as she stood beside Hanako, raising a slender brow towards the oddly dressed female. She would softly laugh at the thought of the girl buying the Yuki Yume Company. "Why would you want to buy the company?" She then looked towards Hanako becoming quite upset that he allowed this weirdo to mess with his hair. Taking out her phone, she decided to start planning out her schedule for modeling appointments. That seemed more important than listening to someone wanting to buy the company that helped her start her career. Maybe she was trying her best to ignore the lady?

@The Silver Paladin @york
Hanako Musoka
Hanako shifted from foot to foot, speaking up after a moment "H-Heh... You could say my father's a stubborn man sometimes..." he said uneasily, shrugging a little, it wasn't immediately obvious... But, he was most deseperately trying to dodge something like this, though, well, as one could clearly see; things didn't exactly work out in the end, and here he was, trying to negotiate himself out of another crazy deal.​
08lyDQa.png

"I control the Media. This technically qualifies as Media, doesn't it? I own NBC, Fox, ABC, and practically the whole internet, though I'm in a debate with Ekaterina on that. I own pretty much everything that can be used to influence people's opinions. Anything that Dr Kim doesn't own, anyway." She said the name of Omnidyne-Cross's CEO with malice. "If you by some chance forgot who I am, I am Annaliesia Adler, CEO of Unitas Dynamics!" The woman looked at Katsuko as she pulled out her phone. She looked at Hanako.

lbA6C5b.png

"Oh?" Annaliesia asked. "Is that so?"

major_kusanagi_shot_super.jpeg

Motoko aimed her pistol at the man. He held a hostage, a young girl taken from a nearby restaurant. The man wasn't letting go. Several other teams waited outside.

Public Security Section 2 had been after this man for a while for a number of petty crimes. Several detectives stood outside wearing armor, including Kana Hanazawa. They stood outside the door ready for a chance to break in.

A SWAT team sat outside monitoring the conversation. The captain looked at their own genetically modified soldier Tony. He said "Move on my signal." He handed him a pistol.

And finally, Section 3 had sent another team. They wanted this man on several more charges. Namely kidnapping. The team was lead by Abra, a brilliant man. One of the soldiers placed a breach on the door, ready at any time.

@Verite @TheSpringwoodSlasher @DapperDogman
Ah, this was the life. The life of a man who had worked hard his entire life to reach this point, a man who saw himself as nothing more than the peak of perfection. No one could comprehend his cunning and that's why he was the leader of this team and none of these lesser officers were even close.

But time and time again there were some doubts if Abra's continued insistence on his perfection and his vanity were warranted. This is why he always appreciated opportunities like this. Not because he truly cared about the life of the hostage, just another face in the grand scheme of things. Someone who didn't have the charisma or skill to achieve perfection like he had. But even the best had their critics.

Which is why now was the time to prove them wrong and why he thought of himself the way he did.

"Men? Get ready to move in. Once that door's breached, we'll move in and make our way inside. From there, we can scope out if there are any vantage points for us to take and allow us a better shot at taking out our target and retrieving the hostage, unharmed."

@The Silver Paladin

Ah, the perks of being sponsored. Makiko giggled at the soldier addressing her and clasped her frail hands together. She bowed slightly to him in thanks, before lifting her head and looking at the man with sparkling eyes. The lights of the club seemed to dance above her, filling the room with an undeniable energy. She knew she looked radiant, as her stylists had coordinated her costume with that of the club's color scheme of the evening, ensuring that Makiko stood out in the crowd. She swayed side to side for a moment, her dress shining brilliantly, all a show for the soldier saluting her. These people had to care about her if they were going to properly protect her from any unruly individuals.

"Thank you!" she yelled over the crowd. "I'll make sure to dedicate a song to all of hard workers of the Defence Force!" Waving the man off as she walked away, she marveled at the crowd of people standing before her. She wasn't to go up on stage just yet, but still was allowed a private spot above the others for her own personal relaxation. From here, she leaned over the balcony and took in the sea of energy. If only her family could see her right now! This was not a place they would normally be able to set foot in, and personal favors only went so far. As generous as Omnidyne-Cross had been, there were still luxuries that Makiko wished she had. At least there was likely going to be sites streaming the event. She knew that Ayaka would be staying up all night to watch.

Ah, now who was that a familiar face? Makiko knew a large majority of the people attending-- most people did; They were celebrities, after all. However, she also knew Toshiro Shiawase, the CEO of his own corporation. The CEOs were not mysteries by any means, but they were not exactly known to normally attend concerts at nightclubs. Makiko knew of the man through her own connections with Omnidyne-Cross, and she could not help but feel intrigued. Perhaps some corporate fuddy-duddy would see cause for concern, but Makiko figured speaking with a CEO could not hurt in the long run. Making connections with powerful people was basically standard procedure for any celebrity.

Content that she still had time before the show, Makiko stepped down from her private seating and immersed herself in the crowd. She moved delicately and precisely, years of etiquette classes under her belt. She knew she exuded a regal presence that made other people step aside. Her dress easily caught the eyes both women and men. "Mr. Shiawase!" Makiko exclaimed as she neared the man. As an aside, she turned to the woman he was speaking and said, "Excuse me." She was not here to be rude, after all. Eyes back on the CEO, Makiko put on her best smile. "Do you often attend these sorts of events?"

@Jeremi @The Silver Paladin

Last edited:
Reactions: Minerva
Ah, the perks of being sponsored. Makiko giggled at the soldier addressing her and clasped her frail hands together. She bowed slightly to him in thanks, before lifting her head and looking at the man with sparkling eyes. The lights of the club seemed to dance above her, filling the room with an undeniable energy. She knew she looked radiant, as her stylists had coordinated her costume with that of the club's color scheme of the evening, ensuring that Makiko stood out in the crowd. She swayed side to side for a moment, her dress shining brilliantly, all a show for the soldier saluting her. These people had to care about her if they were going to properly protect her from any unruly individuals.

"Thank you!" she yelled over the crowd. "I'll make sure to dedicate a song to all of hard workers of the Defence Force!" Waving the man off as she walked away, she marveled at the crowd of people standing before her. She wasn't to go up on stage just yet, but still was allowed a private spot above the others for her own personal relaxation. From here, she leaned over the balcony and took in the sea of energy. If only her family could see her right now! This was not a place they would normally be able to set foot in, and personal favors only went so far. As generous as Omnidyne-Cross had been, there were still luxuries that Makiko wished she had. At least there was likely going to be sites streaming the event. She knew that Ayaka would be staying up all night to watch.

Ah, now who was that a familiar face? Makiko knew a large majority of the people attending-- most people did; They were celebrities, after all. However, she also knew Toshiro Shiawase, the CEO of his own corporation. The CEOs were not mysteries by any means, but they were not exactly known to normally attend concerts at nightclubs. Makiko knew of the man threw her own connections with Omnidyne-Cross, and she could not help but feel intrigued. Perhaps some corporate fuddy-duddy would see cause for concern, but Makiko figured speaking with a CEO could not hurt in the long run. Making connections with powerful people was basically standard procedure for any celebrity.

Content that she still had time before the show, Makiko stepped down from her private seating and immersed herself in the crowd. She moved delicately and precisely, years of etiquette classes under her belt. She knew she exuberant a regal presence that made other people step aside. Her dress easily caught the eyes both women and men. "Mr. Shiawase!" Makiko exclaimed as she neared the man. As an aside, she turned to the woman he was speaking and said, "Excuse me." She was not here to be rude, after all. Eyes back on the CEO, Makiko put on her best smile. "Do you often attend these sorts of events?"

The soldier stopped saluting, and picked up a Riot shield. He then moved to a line of other soldiers carrying Riot Shields.

Finally, Toshiro saw Makiko. He turned to her, and bowed. "No, I was actually here for a business meeting with one of my American managers. It actually just ended." He said with a laugh. "I can probably stay for a while, though, just because I love hearing you sing." The young man brushed off his kimono. "Anyway, are you ready for this concert tonight?"

@Jeremi

(Miles' character in one song). :P
Miles kicked his cycle into gear. As it grinded into life, he played with his lighter in his right hand, cockily holding the handlebars with only his left. As they turned a corner, he put both hands on the handlebar again. 'Ha, fratz yeah! Hey, when we beat Kaneda's gang, I call dibs on his 'cycle!'
Stripped for the best parts and save the rest for scrap. That was Miles Duchovsky's way. Build the best bike, that was his goal. Well, that and destabilising Society, but everyone had to start somewhere.

He was an angry young man, armed to the teeth and ready to hurt something.
'Shockin' Hell, this is great! Let's light 'em up!"
He laughed. Nothing ever felt quite like zipping around Neo-Tokyo on a 'cycle. That reminded him of today's second goal. He couldn't wait to see Kaneda's face after one of his mooks was set ablaze!
@Gen. Godzi Senpai @The Silver Paladin
Akio on que jumped onto his own bike and hollered over the gang "Aha! Today we face a tenacious and numerous enemy! The anticipation is killing me! Let us show them our Strength! ALALALALALAL!!" as he rode off as fast as he could, Machete in hand and not even bothering to see if the others were catching up or not.

@The Silver Paladin @Mighty Roman
"Yer not getting Kaneda's bike, Miles." The leader said. "That's mine." But by the time he said that, the boy had already sped off. Joker grunted, and looked at Akio and the men behind him. "Alright, let's go!" He started up his motorcycle, and began driving into the city, holding up traffic. He hit several parked cars with the baseball bat, laughing. People ducked out of the way and screamed. Several other members with Clown makeup came out of alleys on their motorcycles, and followed him, until they looked like a sadistic motorcade. The leader crossed his arms, and began riding the chopper without touching the handlebars. They finally caught up to Miles.

"Alright, stop right here. They'll be here soon enough."

"Yeah... let's go." Ken said as he jumped into his bike and revved up the engine.

@Mari @Kaykay @The Silver Paladin
Meiko screamed out in a high pitched voice and jumped onto her motorcycle. While screaming, she devoted her thoughts towards a mental communication to the bike.

"Be strong, faithful, and true. And I will do the same for you." She thought those thoughts with her mind and all her heart, as she looked at the others on the Capsule gang.

"Let's go!", she shouted with her voice as loud as she could scream, and she pushed the gas pedal to the metal and rode off swiftly towards what would be a classic clash with the Clowns.

@Kaykay @Bomb @The Silver Paladin
"Right! We ride!" Karin shouted at the rest, hopping onto her bike like the rest of them. Off to another fight, it seemed.

@Mari @Bomb @The Silver Paladin
Kaneda started up his motorcycle. "Let's go."

Shoutarou.Kaneda.full.436814.jpg

He picked up his feet, and began driving into the city. He held the Tire Iron out.

((I won't start the Gang War tonight. I will tomorrow. Just sit tight, and have the Clowns drink some beer or soda or vandalize random shit, and the Capsules can do whatever.))

Ah, this was the life. The life of a man who had worked hard his entire life to reach this point, a man who saw himself as nothing more than the peak of perfection. No one could comprehend his cunning and that's why he was the leader of this team and none of these lesser officers were even close.

But time and time again there were some doubts if Abra's continued insistence on his perfection and his vanity were warranted. This is why he always appreciated opportunities like this. Not because he truly cared about the life of the hostage, just another face in the grand scheme of things. Someone who didn't have the charisma or skill to achieve perfection like he had. But even the best had their critics.

Which is why now was the time to prove them wrong and why he thought of himself the way he did.

"Men? Get ready to move in. Once that door's breached, we'll move in and make our way inside. From there, we can scope out if there are any vantage points for us to take and allow us a better shot at taking out our target and retrieving the hostage, unharmed."

@The Silver Paladin
One of the officers put his face shield down. Another loaded a mag into his rifle. "Yes, sir!" one of them said. The main officer finished putting the explosive on the door. "Ready when you are, Sir." The officer said. He drew his pistol.

Bailey blinked a bit as she noticed that her co-worker was approaching her. This wasn't... common, considering that the only people that actually come up to her are her superiors... not co-workers. Given by her reclusive personality, Bailey was pretty sure that this was quite out of the usual basic cycle, but she can adapt... hopefully.

"... a stapler? U-Um... I have one here... Are you sure that you... need one?"

@Cromartie Sarkissian
"I...erm...I don't really know. I just thought that I would..." he froze, sweat streaming down his cheeks "No, never mind...I'm....I'll...I don't think I really need one...I just...wanted to say...Hi?" as far as Jurikono's introductions went, well, his introductions in front of women went, this wasn't actually that bad...
@Gummi Bunnies

Hanako Musoka
08lyDQa.png

"I control the Media. This technically qualifies as Media, doesn't it? I own NBC, Fox, ABC, and practically the whole internet, though I'm in a debate with Ekaterina on that. I own pretty much everything that can be used to influence people's opinions. Anything that Dr Kim doesn't own, anyway." She said the name of Omnidyne-Cross's CEO with malice. "If you by some chance forgot who I am, I am Annaliesia Adler, CEO of Unitas Dynamics!" The woman looked at Katsuko as she pulled out her phone. She looked at Hanako.

lbA6C5b.png

"Blah, blah, blah, blah." Katsuko continued to ignore Annaliesia's words only as she spoke towards Hanako, "Don't tell me you're actually dodging this? You shouldn't even consider letting this woman own Yuki Yume. Grow some balls, kid." She then crossed her arms underneath her chest, shaking her head towards the two.

"Yer not getting Kaneda's bike, Miles." The leader said. "That's mine." But by the time he said that, the boy had already sped off. Joker grunted, and looked at Akio and the men behind him. "Alright, let's go!" He started up his motorcycle, and began driving into the city, holding up traffic. He hit several parked cars with the baseball bat, laughing. People ducked out of the way and screamed. Several other members with Clown makeup came out of alleys on their motorcycles, and followed him, until they looked like a sadistic motorcade. The leader crossed his arms, and began riding the chopper without touching the handlebars. They finally caught up to Miles.

Akio stopped his bike as the rest of the Gang did and look a quick glance around before turning to face Joker and asking "Hey Boss, how good of a layout do we have of the land here?".

@The Silver Paladin @Mighty Roman

08lyDQa.png

lbA6C5b.png

"Blah, blah, blah, blah." Katsuko continued to ignore Annaliesia's words only as she spoke towards Hanako, "Don't tell me you're actually dodging this? You shouldn't even consider letting this woman own Yuki Yume. Grow some balls, kid." She then crossed her arms underneath her chest, shaking her head towards the two.

Hanako Musoka
@The Silver Paladin @CCC Kouhai
Hanako rubbed his temples, then he looked up "The answer's the same as always... Sorry..." he said, while he felt the childish need to shrink away, Katsuko's words seemed to spark some semblance of determination in him. Perhaps Hanako was a little too soft for his own good, or at least soft enough to feel the pressure being put on him each time someone comes to him about buying the Company from his father, but, the truth was... He wasn't just trying to turn down these deals because his father wouldn't approve, but, because Yuki Yume was more or less the only thing he had in this world; and he wasn't about to let some competition just snatch it away... It would simply be too much for him to bear, well, him, his father... And, perhaps, even the customers they've had...

Kaneda started up his motorcycle. "Let's go."

Shoutarou.Kaneda.full.436814.jpg

He picked up his feet, and began driving into the city. He held the Tire Iron out.

((I won't start the Gang War tonight. I will tomorrow. Just sit tight, and have the Clowns drink some beer or soda or vandalize random shit, and the Capsules can do whatever.))
Meiko drove her motorcycle fast and aggressively, as usual. She then tried a move that she though of doing before but never did before; she extended her foot and kicked over a fruit stand as she zoomed by. "Let's gooooo!", she yelled out to the others, as she proceeded on towards what she hoped would be a one sided gang fight against the Clowns.

@Kaykay @Bomb @The Silver Paladin

Ah, now who was that a familiar face? Makiko knew a large majority of the people attending-- most people did; They were celebrities, after all. However, she also knew Toshiro Shiawase, the CEO of his own corporation. The CEOs were not mysteries by any means, but they were not exactly known to normally attend concerts at nightclubs. Makiko knew of the man through her own connections with Omnidyne-Cross, and she could not help but feel intrigued. Perhaps some corporate fuddy-duddy would see cause for concern, but Makiko figured speaking with a CEO could not hurt in the long run. Making connections with powerful people was basically standard procedure for any celebrity.

Content that she still had time before the show, Makiko stepped down from her private seating and immersed herself in the crowd. She moved delicately and precisely, years of etiquette classes under her belt. She knew she exuded a regal presence that made other people step aside. Her dress easily caught the eyes both women and men. "Mr. Shiawase!" Makiko exclaimed as she neared the man. As an aside, she turned to the woman he was speaking and said, "Excuse me." She was not here to be rude, after all. Eyes back on the CEO, Makiko put on her best smile. "Do you often attend these sorts of events?"

Makiko could hear a very loud belch coming from behind her. "Urp, excuse me, but when there's an all you can eat seafood buffet well...how can you not, right?" The cause of the lewd sound was Joan who would give her empty plate to the waiter she had been talking to.

"My compliments to the chef, the food was...acceptable. Oh here's somethin' for the trouble if you know what I'm sayin'." The waiters reward would be a breath mint that Joan put in his vest pocket. "Plenty more where that came from." She replied with a wink the waiter in turn rolled his eyes and walked away.

Then she spotted Makiko, oh yeah the pop singer girl thing, she was good...I guess. Better be tactful when addressing such a famous celebrity. "Hey Ms Haneyama, is it true what the tabloids wrote about you and that cantaloupe?" She'd come in to shake Makiko's hand. "Joan Jaffa Internet reviewer extraordinaire." To the CEO she'd just give the briefest of nods towards. "Oh hey how ya doin'?"

@The Silver Paladin @Atomyk

Makiko could hear a very loud belch coming from behind her. "Urp, excuse me, but when there's an all you can eat seafood buffet well...how can you not, right?" The cause of the lewd sound was Joan who would give her empty plate to the waiter she had been talking to.

"My compliments to the chef, the food was...acceptable. Oh here's somethin' for the trouble if you know what I'm sayin'." The waiters reward would be a breath mint that Joan put in his vest pocket. "Plenty more where that came from." She replied with a wink the waiter in turn rolled his eyes and walked away.

Then she spotted Makiko, oh yeah the pop singer girl thing, she was good...I guess. Better be tactful when addressing such a famous celebrity. "Hey Ms Haneyama, is it true what the tabloids wrote about you and that cantaloupe?" She'd come in to shake Makiko's hand. "Joan Jaffa Internet reviewer extraordinaire." To the CEO she'd just give the briefest of nods towards. "Oh hey how ya doin'?"

@The Silver Paladin @Atomyk

Toshiro bowed and smiled. "Toshiro Shiawase. I have heard of you, Joan. And as for your question, I am well. And you?"

@Atomyk

The boardroom fell completely dead silent. All the men and women looked at Hayden, surprised. One of the men let out a choking sound.

"Ma'am, We knew nothing about this. Do you have any suspects." One of the women on the board said. The rest of the group began arguing amongst themselves, rather than wait for an answer.
"Please be quiet!" She bellowed over the various arguments. "All of you pointlessly arguing with each other gets us nowhere. Fortunately, I'm me. You know, the other old and crusty CEOs, they tend to call me the eccentric one. The mad one. No arguments there, cuz..." Hayden's eyes took on a dangerous glint. "They're absolutely right. I am the mad one. Young enough, crazy enough, to think outside the box." The edge of her mouth quirked up in a half smirk, almost unnoticed in the bright lights of the room.

"To the rat embezzling money from me, I have just one question for him or her. What has more value to you, the money you have stolen from my company...or your life?" She leaned back further in her seat, shoes still propped up on the table and face resting on the palm of her hand, casually observing them all. "The internet's a hell of a place, you know? Especially with poisons." She remarked, as if commenting on the weather. "Ricin. Derived from castor oil beans. It twists the target's immune system badly, bringing on an uncontrollable infection that kills them within days. Odorless and tasteless." She rubbed her chin.

"I put it in the food and drink I so graciously offered you all. Thanks for participating in the customary opening drink toast before we got started here today. As you know, I hate alcohol with a passion since the driver of that damn car..." She trailed off. "That day. So I did not partake in the toast, instead preferring a simple glass of water. So I remained unpoisoned. I can not say the same for you. Fortunately, I have the location of the antidote. The doors out of here are locked. You have mere minutes to come clean before the antidote becomes useless to you, either way."

"So I ask you again, rat. What has more value? The money or your continued existence?"

@The Silver Paladin

Hanako Musoka
Hanako rubbed his temples, then he looked up "The answer's the same as always... Sorry..." he said, while he felt the childish need to shrink away, Katsuko's words seemed to spark some semblance of determination in him. Perhaps Hanako was a little too soft for his own good, or at least soft enough to feel the pressure being put on him each time someone comes to him about buying the Company from his father, but, the truth was... He wasn't just trying to turn down these deals because his father wouldn't approve, but, because Yuki Yume was more or less the only thing he had in this world; and he wasn't about to let some competition just snatch it away... It would simply be too much for him to bear, well, him, his father... And, perhaps, even the customers they've had...

08lyDQa.png

"Hmmph." Annaliesia said. "Alright then." She seemed ticked. She shook her head, and looked at Hanako. "I will see you at that dinner."

Hanako Musoka
08lyDQa.png

"Hmmph." Annaliesia said. "Alright then." She seemed ticked. She shook her head, and looked at Hanako. "I will see you at that dinner."
_______

"I suppose I'm not invited," Katsuko smirked at Annaliesia as she took her compact mirror and lipstick out of her purse, applying it to her lips. Pressing her lips together in order to give it a full color, she would softly wink at Hanako. "Unless you would like an escort?" Katsuko was actually glad that with her comment made him gain a little bit of confidence. His father's company was the reason why she became so successful in her life, and she wanted it to continue being there for her. The idea of the company being part of something bigger slightly scared her as she could easily be removed from her career as a model. As long as she had a job and was gaining money to buy herself whatever she wanted, Katsuko was comfortable with working. In the end, her appearance was all that mattered to society.

@york @The Silver Paladin

"Please be quiet!" She bellowed over the various arguments. "All of you pointlessly arguing with each other gets us nowhere. Fortunately, I'm me. You know, the other old and crusty CEOs, they tend to call me the eccentric one. The mad one. No arguments there, cuz..." Hayden's eyes took on a dangerous glint. "They're absolutely right. I am the mad one. Young enough, crazy enough, to think outside the box." The edge of her mouth quirked up in a half smirk, almost unnoticed in the bright lights of the room.

"To the rat embezzling money from me, I have just one question for him or her. What has more value to you, the money you have stolen from my company...or your life?" She leaned back further in her seat, shoes still propped up on the table and face resting on the palm of her hand, casually observing them all. "The internet's a hell of a place, you know? Especially with poisons." She remarked, as if commenting on the weather. "Ricin. Derived from castor oil beans. It twists the target's immune system badly, bringing on an uncontrollable infection that kills them within days. Odorless and tasteless." She rubbed her chin.

"I put it in the food and drink I so graciously offered you all. Thanks for participating in the customary opening drink toast before we got started here today. As you know, I hate alcohol with a passion since the driver of that damn car..." She trailed off. "That day. So I did not partake in the toast, instead preferring a simple glass of water. So I remained unpoisoned. I can not say the same for you. Fortunately, I have the location of the antidote. The doors out of here are locked. You have mere minutes to come clean before the antidote becomes useless to you, either way."

"So I ask you again, rat. What has more value? The money or your continued existence?"

@The Silver Paladin

The leader of the board sat silent. He looked at Hayden, and scanned the board. "Whoever committed the crime, fess up."

Finally an old man stood up. "I embezzled the money. Set up a slush fund. That way, I could have something in case we went under."

A woman stood up. "You have no honor! You could have killed us all!"

"Damn fool." A man scoffed. "Embezzling from a fucking corporation. Especially one people love so much, and one that brings joy. That's like taking from a Church, or a fucking homeless center."

"People do that all the time." Someone replied.

"That doesn't make it right!"

The leader stood up. "I am taking away control of your stocks, Mr Chen. You must return the money from that fund, and report to the authorities." He looked back at Hayden. "Hayden, you own 53% of the stock as of now. Do with it what you see fit."

Several other board members groaned, and the room finally quieted.

It was now so quiet, that the shouts of protesters 33 floors below could be heard outside, as well as other noises of the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.