Status
Not open for further replies.
The leader of the board sat silent. He looked at Hayden, and scanned the board. "Whoever committed the crime, fess up."

Finally an old man stood up. "I embezzled the money. Set up a slush fund. That way, I could have something in case we went under."

A woman stood up. "You have no honor! You could have killed us all!"

"Damn fool." A man scoffed. "Embezzling from a fucking corporation. Especially one people love so much, and one that brings joy. That's like taking from a Church, or a fucking homeless center."

"People do that all the time." Someone replied.

"That doesn't make it right!"

The leader stood up. "I am taking away control of your stocks, Mr Chen. You must return the money from that fund, and report to the authorities." He looked back at Hayden. "Hayden, you own 53% of the stock as of now. Do with it what you see fit."

Several other board members groaned, and the room finally quieted.

It was now so quiet, that the shouts of protesters 33 floors below could be heard outside, as well as other noises of the city.
"Hehehehehehe." She smiled, giddy in excitement that her little ploy worked. "Good boys and girls, I thank you. Truly. But you should see your faces right now." Hayden stood up out of her chair, taking a quick snapshot with her phone. "You have no honor! You could have killed us all!" She repeated. "Much as I love a flair for the dramatic, relax. Your lives were never in danger. I am an inventor, not a psychopathic poisoner. You're all fine. I lied to catch a liar and a thief. I saved your money and I get a reward too, you see? It all works out in the end. I think that calls for a celebratory pizza myself but I take you guys prefer caviar and rich food stuff, am I close?"

She paused, stepping up close to the window and glancing down. "Ruh-roh. They sound vexed."

@The Silver Paladin

"... A pity. I was starting to like her. Ah, well. Sedate and contain her when she next comes in after the inspection. Perhaps we'll find something interesting to test on her." He didn't seem to care for her reason for leaving. Not that it would be surprising; Daniel had a remarkable lack of appreciation for human life and family, as his colleague would know, and didn't care what was going on in your life. It was all the same to him. "On the subject of death being an art... I concur. It's a force of nature, unstoppable and indiscriminate. A sight to behold, truly."

@The Silver Paladin

"Agreed." The Doctor said. He turned on the sink, and washed some blood off of his hands. "You hear what's happening with the rioters? How they think the UN is supporting them?" He asked. He carried several Petri dishes over from a microscope. "It's all rumor right now, but you never know. The UN's done some shady shit in the past."

Toshiro bowed and smiled. "Toshiro Shiawase. I have heard of you, Joan. And as for your question, I am well. And you?"

@Atomyk

"Couldn't be better! Actually it could be...but that's true about a lot of things." Joan replied to Toshiro a bit surprised that a big shot like him knew who she was. Though slow office days hits anyone, right? "Nice little party you have here, the shrimp was good and is gone now cause I ate all of it, or at least all on the plate but don't tell anybody cause I imagine some shrimp lovers would be mad...I guess the saying is true though...

...Shrimping ain't easy."

@Atomyk

• Love
Reactions: Minerva
Tony's legs tightened further, powerful muscles ready to release in an explosive burst of speed when the door was breached and the squad had made it's move, he was about 20 feet away, but he'd clear that distance in mere moments with his enhancements, and he'd be supporting the men inside the building without the enemy ever knowing he was with them

"Ready when the charge detonates" he says to the chief, before adjusting his shades slightly, the light shimmering along their smooth expanse "Just waiting on Squad Two to breach"

@The Silver Paladin

"Agreed." The Doctor said. He turned on the sink, and washed some blood off of his hands. "You hear what's happening with the rioters? How they think the UN is supporting them?" He asked. He carried several Petri dishes over from a microscope. "It's all rumor right now, but you never know. The UN's done some shady shit in the past."

Daniel scoffed. "Wouldn't matter. Not like shit would change."

@The Silver Paladin

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel scoffed. "Wouldn't matter. Not shit would change."

@The Silver Paladin

"That's true. They could barely do anything in the past, and their even more useless now that nations are just facades for corporations." The doctor closed a box of various items. "Plus, it might make things worse. Get rid of Kellyn Ekaterina, the whole family rises against you. Get rid of Annaliesia, she's way too famous and popular, and the people would turn against you. Get rid of Shiawase, you got the family issue again, as well as the fact their married into various ruling families around the world. And get rid of Kim, that opens a whole new can of worms, like the crash of the world economy, though that would happen if any of them were overthrown." He sighed. "It will do jack shit, you're right."

"That's true. They could barely do anything in the past, and their even more useless now that nations are just facades for corporations." The doctor closed a box of various items. "Plus, it might make things worse. Get rid of Kellyn Ekaterina, the whole family rises against you. Get rid of Annaliesia, she's way too famous and popular, and the people would turn against you. Get rid of Shiawase, you got the family issue again, as well as the fact their married into various ruling families around the world. And get rid of Kim, that opens a whole new can of worms, like the crash of the world economy, though that would happen if any of them were overthrown." He sighed. "It will do jack shit, you're right."

Daniel grunted. "I hate politics. Just a bunch of people talking instead of acting. Wish I could get my hands on one... but, alas, it would be a bit too high profile an abduction."

@The Silver Paladin

"I...erm...I don't really know. I just thought that I would..." he froze, sweat streaming down his cheeks "No, never mind...I'm....I'll...I don't think I really need one...I just...wanted to say...Hi?" as far as Jurikono's introductions went, well, his introductions in front of women went, this wasn't actually that bad...
@Gummi Bunnies
Well, that was one way to say hi. She was expecting something about the whole stapler request, but to be hit with an introduction with one of her co-workers... she wasn't expecting it at all.

"... o-oh... hi... I guess?" Bailey practically mumbled with some tinge of uncertainty. This got awkward real fast.

@Cromartie Sarkissian

Daniel grunted. "I hate politics. Just a bunch of people talking instead of acting. Wish I could get my hands on one... but, alas, it would be a bit too high profile an abduction."

@The Silver Paladin
The Doctor snorted. "They're not politicians. They just control them. The CEOs just sit and count their money and boss people around. They're slightly more detestable in my mind." The doctor laughed. "But yeah. Also, good luck trying to get to 'em. Ekaterina is always surrounded by security, Adler by fans, Shiawase by robots, and Chang by an aura that just strikes fear into you, as well as guards." He finished cleaning up the room. "Alright. Ready to head out? Today was a good day's work."

@Bomb @Mari @Kaykay @Mighty Roman @Gen. Gwazi Senpai

cityscapes%20futuristic%20trains%20science%20fiction%20artwork%203840x2160%20wallpaper_www.wallpaperhi.com_32.jpg

((The Street you're on right now.))

Finally, Joker would start up his motorcycle again, and the gang followed. They dodged around cars, and tormented more people, even throwing a homemade grenade into the engine of one which had stopped, making the driver flee. They would pass several buildings where cops had set up, and pass crowds of rioters. Finally, the Capsules would come into view.

"READY, EVERYONE!" Joker would shout as he raised his baseball bat.

Kaneda raised his tire iron. "Let's go!" He shouted. Motorcycles raced past each other. Members on both sides fell off of their bikes. Tetsuo decided to shoot past the Clowns, and head into the Old ruins. You could

Follow Tetsuo

Or

Keep fighting with Joker or Kaneda

The Doctor snorted. "They're not politicians. They just control them. The CEOs just sit and count their money and boss people around. They're slightly more detestable in my mind." The doctor laughed. "But yeah. Also, good luck trying to get to 'em. Ekaterina is always surrounded by security, Adler by fans, Shiawase by robots, and Chang by an aura that just strikes fear into you, as well as guards." He finished cleaning up the room. "Alright. Ready to head out? Today was a good day's work."

He sighed deeply. Good Lord, he hated this town. "It was, wasn't it? " Daniel paused and pondered their job before continuing. "Yeah, I am. Let's get outta here. Might as well rest."

@The Silver Paladin

cityscapes%20futuristic%20trains%20science%20fiction%20artwork%203840x2160%20wallpaper_www.wallpaperhi.com_32.jpg

Finally, Joker would start up his motorcycle again, and the gang followed. They dodged around cars, and tormented more people, even throwing a homemade grenade into the engine of one which had stopped, making the driver flee. They would pass several buildings where cops had set up, and pass crowds of rioters. Finally, the Capsules would come into view.

Kaneda raised his tire iron. "Let's go!" He shouted. Motorcycles raced past each other. Members on both sides fell off of their bikes. Tetsuo decided to shoot past the Clowns, and head into the Old ruins. You could

Follow Tetsuo

Or

Akio charged straight into the battle eager to hit someone with his bat, and he felled two bikers already by the time Tetsuo rode past him.
He hollered out after him "Hey! Come back and face battle like a true Warrior!" giving chase to Tetsuo.

@Bomb @Mari @Kaykay @Mighty Roman @The Silver Paladin

"Hehehehehehe." She smiled, giddy in excitement that her little ploy worked. "Good boys and girls, I thank you. Truly. But you should see your faces right now." Hayden stood up out of her chair, taking a quick snapshot with her phone. "You have no honor! You could have killed us all!" She repeated. "Much as I love a flair for the dramatic, relax. Your lives were never in danger. I am an inventor, not a psychopathic poisoner. You're all fine. I lied to catch a liar and a thief. I saved your money and I get a reward too, you see? It all works out in the end. I think that calls for a celebratory pizza myself but I take you guys prefer caviar and rich food stuff, am I close?"

She paused, stepping up close to the window and glancing down. "Ruh-roh. They sound vexed."

@The Silver Paladin
Several of the members began to breathe silently. "Yes, sir. We should celebrate." A Red-haired women said.

The riots got louder and louder, as if more people were joining. Finally there was a knock at the door, and three men wearing Body Armor with the Ekaterina Crest entered. "Do you have Security here?" the middle one said. He was Kellyn Ekaterina. He shook off an umbrella. "They'll break in soon enough. Then they'll get in here and kill all of us." One of the guards cocked a Sub-machine gun, and stepped outside of the boardroom.

"I'm Kellyn Ekaterina, if you couldn't tell."

Follow Tetsuo

Or

'Awh, man.' said Miles, clearly disappointed that he wouldn't get Kaneda's bike. Or so it seemed. As they charged towards their enemies, a smile was plastered across Miles' face. He got out his baseball bat, and held it out sideways. Racing alongside Kaneda, he stuck it out so that he'd knock the enemy gang leader off of his bike. 'Oh, I'm on fire tonight! Give the tarmac my regards!' He hummed a triumphant fanfare as he zoomed forward.
@Gen. Gwazi Senpai @The Silver Paladin

Several of the members began to breathe silently. "Yes, sir. We should celebrate." A Red-haired women said.

The riots got louder and louder, as if more people were joining. Finally there was a knock at the door, and three men wearing Body Armor with the Ekaterina Crest entered. "Do you have Security here?" the middle one said. He was Kellyn Ekaterina. He shook off an umbrella. "They'll break in soon enough. Then they'll get in here and kill all of us." One of the guards cocked a Sub-machine gun, and stepped outside of the boardroom.

"I'm Kellyn Ekaterina, if you couldn't tell."
"...Course I do. The weapons developer. And some of the board probably does have their own security buuuut well...having you certainly doesn't hurt. Hayden Cooper. You think it'll really come to that?"

'Awh, man.' said Miles, clearly disappointed that he wouldn't get Kaneda's bike. Or so it seemed. As they charged towards their enemies, a smile was plastered across Miles' face. He got out his baseball bat, and held it out sideways. Racing alongside Kaneda, he stuck it out so that he'd knock the enemy gang leader off of his bike. 'Oh, I'm on fire tonight! Give the tarmac my regards!' He hummed a triumphant fanfare as he zoomed forward.
@Gen. Gwazi Senpai @The Silver Paladin
Just before Miles can hit Kaneda, he turns into a narrow alley.

One of the Capsules speeds up behind Miles. He holds a metal pipe, and is about to hit him.

Akio charged straight into the battle eager to hit someone with his bat, and he felled two bikers already by the time Tetsuo rode past him.
He hollered out after him "Hey! Come back and face battle like a true Warrior!" giving chase to Tetsuo.

@Bomb @Mari @Kaykay @Mighty Roman @The Silver Paladin
763x554_798_Ghost_In_the_Shell_Docks_2d_sci_fi_rain_fan_art_docks_port_city_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

vlcsnap_00002.jpg

You enter an old abandoned part of town. there are several people behind you. Tetsuo drives further into town startling several people. He eventually enters a tunnel.

Turn back? or Keep going?

Some Location in the Financial District

major_kusanagi_shot_super.jpeg

Motoko aimed her pistol at the man. He held a hostage, a young girl taken from a nearby restaurant. The man wasn't letting go. Several other teams waited outside.

Public Security Section 2 had been after this man for a while for a number of petty crimes. Several detectives stood outside wearing armor, including Kana Hanazawa. They stood outside the door ready for a chance to break in.

A SWAT team sat outside monitoring the conversation. The captain looked at their own genetically modified soldier Tony. He said "Move on my signal." He handed him a pistol.

And finally, Section 3 had sent another team. They wanted this man on several more charges. Namely kidnapping. The team was lead by Abra, a brilliant man. One of the soldiers placed a breach on the door, ready at any time.

@Verite @TheSpringwoodSlasher @DapperDogman
Tony nods slowly, his lips forming into a small scowl as he takes the pistol carefully, checking the safety and then the magazine, before nodding and gripping it firmly "Understood, Sir" his firm, unmoving stance betrayed the motorized muscles and enhanced systems lying beneath his skin, allowing him almost perfect stillness as he stands, waiting for the signal to move, whether to apprehend the criminal, or to defend the public from his attempted escape

The pair of orange sunglasses on his face gleamed in the light as his eyes narrowed in on the building, focusing on the door he may have to rush at a moment's notice

'Finally about to get this guy, I'm sure he's going to enjoy his time in prison for being such a low-down piece of scum'

@The Silver Paladin
Ah, this was the life. The life of a man who had worked hard his entire life to reach this point, a man who saw himself as nothing more than the peak of perfection. No one could comprehend his cunning and that's why he was the leader of this team and none of these lesser officers were even close.

But time and time again there were some doubts if Abra's continued insistence on his perfection and his vanity were warranted. This is why he always appreciated opportunities like this. Not because he truly cared about the life of the hostage, just another face in the grand scheme of things. Someone who didn't have the charisma or skill to achieve perfection like he had. But even the best had their critics.

Which is why now was the time to prove them wrong and why he thought of himself the way he did.

"Men? Get ready to move in. Once that door's breached, we'll move in and make our way inside. From there, we can scope out if there are any vantage points for us to take and allow us a better shot at taking out our target and retrieving the hostage, unharmed."

@The Silver Paladin
One of the officers put his face shield down. Another loaded a mag into his rifle. "Yes, sir!" one of them said. The main officer finished putting the explosive on the door. "Ready when you are, Sir." The officer said. He drew his pistol.
Tony's legs tightened further, powerful muscles ready to release in an explosive burst of speed when the door was breached and the squad had made it's move, he was about 20 feet away, but he'd clear that distance in mere moments with his enhancements, and he'd be supporting the men inside the building without the enemy ever knowing he was with them

"Ready when the charge detonates" he says to the chief, before adjusting his shades slightly, the light shimmering along their smooth expanse "Just waiting on Squad Two to breach"

@The Silver Paladin
Kana always wondered what drove people to commit crimes. She had always wondered, ever since her childhood, what made people tick. What made good people do bad things. What made them do the things they did. That was why she took up Psychology in the first place to major in. Yet, even despite all the studying, she didn't have the answer she was looking for. Well, actually, that was a little inaccurate. She had all the answers now. Internal circumstances like brain imbalances, mental disorders, the like, could cause someone to break, though it's more often external causes. Abuse, social neglect... Just anything will do.

And yet, even so, Kana hated that. She hated that everything was so... by the books. The facts were there, and sometimes, she found herself wishing they were more abstract for some reason, though she could never figure out why. Perhaps it was the... coldness of it all. People were more than just a bundle of statistics, facts, and data. They were... well, people. Individuals. And individuals were perhaps the most complex thing ever to exist. Forget quantum physics, rocket science, the like.

But if this went on for any longer, she'd lose herself in her own thoughts again, not that she was really much of what some people might call a scatterbrain, of course.

After all, now was hardly the time to quote and question the brilliance and arrogance of Freud. She would have plenty of time to have a heart to heart conversation with the perp once he was behind bars.

When Abra gave his orders, Kana tightened her grip on her weapon. Though she personally hoped that they'd be able to resolve this without a fight, she knew that that was only wishful thinking.

As the soldiers set explosives around the door, she checked her weapon to make sure it was loaded and secured. A revolver was such a... distasteful, yet comfortable weapon for Kana, as though she had had some affinity for it for quite some time, even though she disliked how lethal it could easily be. But hey, just aim for the limbs and everything would be fine. She didn't train her mind and body for years on end to make a mistake and make a novice mistake like making a fatal shot, after all.

This was just routine in the life of a Public Security officer, after all.

"Section 2, ready and waiting," she said, deciding to speak for the squad with her, "I don't suppose any of you would be willing to make the breach first?"

@The Silver Paladin @TheSpringwoodSlasher @DapperDogman

Last edited:
Well, that was one way to say hi. She was expecting something about the whole stapler request, but to be hit with an introduction with one of her co-workers... she wasn't expecting it at all.

"... o-oh... hi... I guess?" Bailey practically mumbled with some tinge of uncertainty. This got awkward real fast.

@Cromartie Sarkissian
"I'm...Errr...Jurik..." He stopped mid-word. "No, no, I'm sorry, I'm going to go now"....
@Gummi Bunnies

"I'm...Errr...Jurik..." He stopped mid-word. "No, no, I'm sorry, I'm going to go now"....
@Gummi Bunnies
"No no... erm, I haven't gotten to hear your name... in full..." Bailey didn't know why, but she felt like she should introduce herself before this guy decides to bail out of nervousness.

"Maybe I'll start... first... um... my name is... B-Bailey..."

@Cromartie Sarkissian

Akio only speed's up his bike as he chases Tetsuo further in, hollering out to the people around "Move out of the way! Akio is charging through!".

@The Silver Paladin

Status
Not open for further replies.