Illusion Game II: School Daze

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Pretty as that was, now is not the time! Get your head out of your ass and think about someone else for two seconds!"

@The Silver Paladin

Logan caught Thomas and shouted at Teresa, "C'mon!"

@Hospes
Logan shrugged Thomas over to Will and went to start dragging Horatio.

@Hospes
@Atomyk

At this, Teresa nodded gratefully, and did what she did second best;

the-maze-runner-poster-bring-back-hope.jpg

Ran, with Jake secured as firmly as she could manage in her arms.

@Atomyk @BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies @Wedge Antilles @The Silver Paladin
Aaron finally turned around again at Logan's comment. "Y-yes, sir!" He started running back down the hall. "Let me help." He dropped his spear. "i'll protect you. I'll take any attacks coming at you so you all can get out of here." He gripped his spear further. "I have armor, and have been in situations like this before. I'll be fine."

At this, Teresa nodded gratefully, and did what she did second best;

the-maze-runner-poster-bring-back-hope.jpg

Ran, with Jake secured as firmly as she could manage in her arms.

@Atomyk @BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies @Wedge Antilles @The Silver Paladin

Logan hefted Horatio and started after them.
Aaron finally turned around again at Logan's comment. "Y-yes, sir!" He started running back down the hall. "Let me help." He dropped his spear. "i'll protect you. I'll take any attacks coming at you so you all can get out of here." He gripped his spear further. "I have armor, and have been in situations like this before. I'll be fine."

The teacher grunted gratefully.

@Hospes
@Atomyk
@The Silver Paladin

Logan hefted Horatio and started after them.

The teacher grunted gratefully.

@Hospes
@Atomyk
@The Silver Paladin
Aaron gripped his spear, and faced the door. "Go on! I'll be there soon." He started backing up with his spear facing the door. "I'll hold them off as long as I can." He pulled out his crystal and a Phoenix Down. "Take these." He said.

"Don't do anything stupid, kid," Teresa huffed, not giving Arc so much as a glance. Carrying the nurse was a little more difficult than it looked, so her attention was absorbed with keeping him up and covering his wound, running, and making sure that Will and Mal were keeping up alright.

@BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @The Silver Paladin

Reactions: BarrenThin
"Quit handing me shit and get your bèn lǘ in gear! I don't need a 'heroic sacrifice'!"

@The Silver Paladin
Aaron nodded and put everything back in his pocket. "Alright." He put his visor down again. "I'll see you at the end of this." He held his spear up. "I'm live through this, and everyone else will to." Arc smiled. "I'm ready."

• Useful
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Aaron nodded and put everything back in his pocket. "Alright." He put his visor down again. "I'll see you at the end of this." He held his spear up. "I'm live through this, and everyone else will to." Arc smiled. "I'm ready."

"I'm going to see you now, 'cause you ain't stopping! Those are shadows, you stupid húndàn! You can't fight them! Get running!"

@The Silver Paladin

• Useful
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Anna let go of Simon's hand. "Just go, Simon. You're needed there." If he looked back, he would see she was putting up a brave, happy face for his sake, but inside, she was worried. For him, for herself, for all of them.

@Mighty Roman
Simon nodded. He had all of the BP needed to get through the door. He was one of the few who did. He smiled with all of the confidence he could muster, and stepped through what would hopefully be the final Door 9.

@Mari @Atomyk @Hospes @EveryoneWhoWentThroughTheDoor

• Love
Reactions: Mari
"I'm going to see you now, 'cause you ain't stopping! Those are shadows, you stupid húndàn! You can't fight them! Get running!"

@The Silver Paladin
Aaron shrugged. "Alright." Aaron put the spear on his back, and began running back down the hall.

Continued from here.

FINAL CHAPTER
"The Overseer"

Avia, Simon, Tom, and Aaron step beyond the door to find themselves in a dark, circular room. Beside them was Thomas, dead.

Standing before them is Brennan, Deanna, and Damien. Horatio and Bailey lay on the ground. Brennan has his gun trained on a man in front of him.

g69c62q.jpg

"Shoot me if you like, Brennan, but I don't think you will. You'd made it to this room on multiple occasions, and yet have always listened to what I had to say. I can't say the same for the rest of you." The man held up his hands, inviting you all to step closer. "Please, hear what I have to say. There's one final thing to do before this cycle is complete, and circumstances have made it so that this cycle will likely be our last."

"Cycle?" Damien blurted out. "What are you talking about?"

"Shut up," Brennan muttered, lowering his gun. "Tell us everything you know."

The man smiled. "Of course." Bailey and Horatio began to stir awake. Horatio complained of his head hurting. The man paid them no mind. "I know you all very well, and yet none of you know me. Normally, a student or a member of school faculty would be aware of who their principal is, but not in this case. In every cycle I am unseen until the very end, and that is how I like it. Things, of course, are a bit different every time, but some things remain the same. For example, the Overseer... who do you think that was? Different almost every time... funny how that works, huh? The Overseer lied to you, that much I'll reveal. He or she is usually so honest and tells you up front about the agent in your group. This time, he or she didn't, and instead hoped to catch the three anomalies within the group."

"You see, three of you had a power that has never been present within a cycle before. Someone's tampered with the system, and that unfortunately indicates that this will be our last cycle."

"Our last...?" Horatio coughed as he got to his feet. "What is the meaning of this you foul cur? What are these cycles?"

"Hmm..." The man nodded. "This was the 58th cycle. Each cycle takes place over a month of normal high school life before-- oops-- the school is taken over during Prom. A game is played, and various amounts of people meet their end before a group end up here, where I am. I give them the final task, they complete it, the cycle is renewed again. The point of this is to break you all down until the Dark Presence can take over your form and head out into the world, spreading their darkness wherever they go. It's usually a simple process to copy one that has been lost within the Dark Place, but your original selves aren't quite so unfortunate."

"Original selves...?" Damien looked around, at everyone still remaining. "Are you saying we're clones or something?"

"Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not. It doesn't matter, as your final task doesn't require that knowledge. You have a chance at leaving the cycle, if you correctly determine who the Overseer and his or her agent is. As this is to be the last, you better hope you get it right."

The man cupped his hands together. "Interestingly, both the Overseer and the agent are in this room right now. Do try to realize that the Overseer has been each of you at some point in time."

@york @Wedge Antilles @Mighty Roman @The Silver Paladin

Kisho, Logan, Viviette, James, LuAnn, Annette, Anna, and Michelle walk through the door to find themselves inside yet another school. Jake is nowhere to be found. Down the hall from your position, you spot Kei, Ilse, and Minori being attacked by a rampaging shadow.

oOLluDU.jpg

Umeko and Takuro would hear the commotion just outside their room...

@TheBombMan @theryanjake11 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Proxymoron @DapperDogman @Thuro Pendragon @Mari @Josh M @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @BarrenThin @The Tactician

OOC Note: As of this update, everyone has their original memories.

Continued here.

~CAST LIST~
@The Tactician as Kisho Taniyama [Computer Applications and Programming Teacher] ELIMINATED
@TheColourlessRainbow as Bryan Stark [Student] ELIMINATED
@BarrenThin as Logan Wilson [Physical Education Teacher] ELIMINATED
@TheBombMan as Umeko Moe [Student] MARKED FOR DEATH
@Mirage as Kumiko Kurumi [Student] ELIMINATED
@Hospes as Viviette Anya Stark [Student] ELIMINATED

@york as Avia Taniyama [Physical Education Teacher] 999
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Minori Chihara [Student] ELIMINATED
@Emperor of Gallifrey as Jason "Jay" Cortez Wilson [Student] ELIMINATED
@Gummi Bunnies as James Lancaster [Student] ELIMINATED

@Mighty Roman as Simon Black [Student] 999
@DapperDogman as Kei Eba [Student] ELIMINATED
@Jeremi as LuAnn Lewis [Home Economics Teacher] ELIMINATED
@FireDrake150 as Scott Miller [Communications Technology Teacher] MARKED FOR DEATH
@Josh M as Annette De La Rose [Guidance Counselor] ELIMINATED

@Wedge Antilles as Tom Swanson [Student] 999
@Mari as Anna Collins [Student] ELIMINATED
@Dinoteen as Thaneo Tesseract [Head Cafeteria Boss] ELIMINATED

@The Silver Paladin as Aaron White [Student] 999
@Nassi as Anouk Cross [Student] ELIMINATED
@Meira as Meira Franz [Student] MARKED FOR DEATH
@theryanjake11 as Takuro Kennedy [Student] MARKED FOR DEATH
@Xx420BLAZEITxX as Adrian Jacobs [Student] ELIMINATED
@Proxymoron as Ilse Althaus Brandt [Student] ELIMINATED
@Thuro Pendragon as Michelle Kile [Student] ELIMINATED
@TheBlueBurch as Yui [Student] ELIMINATED
@Brother Gabriel as Jacky Robertson [Student] NON-PLAYER

Last edited:
Continued from here.

FINAL CHAPTER
"The Overseer"

Avia, Simon, Tom, and Aaron step beyond the door to find themselves. Beside them was Thomas, dead.

Standing before them is Brennan, Deanna, and Damien. Horatio and Bailey lay on the ground. Brennan has his gun trained on a man in front of him.

g69c62q.jpg

"Shoot me if you like, Brennan, but I don't think you will. You'd made it to this room on multiple occasions, and yet have always listened to what I had to say. I can't say the same for the rest of you." The man held up his hands, inviting you all to step closer. "Please, hear what I have to say. There's one final thing to do before this cycle is complete, and circumstances have made it so that this cycle will likely be our last."

The man smiled. "Of course." Bailey and Horatio began to stir awake. Horatio complained of his head hurting. The man paid them no mind. "I know you all very well, and yet none of you know me. Normally, a student or a member of school faculty would be aware of who their principal is, but not in this case. In every cycle I am unseen until the very end, and that is how I like it. Things, of course, are a bit different every time, but some things remain the same. For example, the Overseer... who do you think that was? Different almost every time... funny how that works, huh? The Overseer lied to you, that much I'll reveal. He or she is usually so honest and tells you up front about the agent in your group. This time, he didn't, and instead hoped to catch the three anomalies within the group."

"You see, three of you had a power that has never been present within a cycle before. Someone's tampered with the system, and that unfortunately indicates that this will be our last cycle."

"Our last...?" Horatio coughed as he got to his feet. "What is the meaning of this you foul cur? What are these cycles?"

"Hmm..." The man nodded. "This was the 58th cycle. Each cycle takes place over a month of normal high school life before-- oops-- the school is taken over during Prom. A game is played, and various amounts of people meet their end before a group end up here, where I am. I give them the final task, they complete it, the cycle is renewed again. The point of this is to break you all down until the Dark Presence can take over your form and head out into the world, spreading their darkness wherever they go. It's usually a simple process to copy one that has been lost within the Dark Place, but your original selves aren't quite so unfortunate."

"Original selves...?" Damien looked around, at everyone still remaining. "Are you saying we're clones or something?"

"Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not. It doesn't matter, as your final task doesn't require that knowledge. You have a chance at leaving the cycle, if you correctly determine who the Overseer and his or her agent is. As this is to be the last, you better hope you get it right."

The man cupped his hands together. "Interestingly, both the Overseer and the agent are in this room right now. Do try to realize that the Overseer has been each of you at some point in time."

Kisho, Logan, Viviette, James, LuAnn, Annette, Anna, and Michelle walk through the door to find themselves inside yet another school. Jake is nowhere to be found. Down the hall from your position, you spot Kei, Ilse, and Minori being attacked by a rampaging shadow.

oOLluDU.jpg

@TheBombMan @theryanjake11 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Proxymoron @DapperDogman @Thuro Pendragon @Mari @Josh M @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @BarrenThin @The Tactician

~CAST LIST~
@The Tactician as Kisho Taniyama [Computer Applications and Programming Teacher] ELIMINATED

@FireDrake150 as Scott Miller [Communications Technology Teacher] MARKED FOR DEATH

Logan looked at the shadow and glanced around for any sort of weapon.

@Atomyk
@Hospes
@Others​

Continued from here.

FINAL CHAPTER
"The Overseer"

Avia, Simon, Tom, and Aaron step beyond the door to find themselves. Beside them was Thomas, dead.

g69c62q.jpg

The man smiled. "Of course." Bailey and Horatio began to stir awake. Horatio complained of his head hurting. The man paid them no mind. "I know you all very well, and yet none of you know me. Normally, a student or a member of school faculty would be aware of who their principal is, but not in this case. In every cycle I am unseen until the very end, and that is how I like it. Things, of course, are a bit different every time, but some things remain the same. For example, the Overseer... who do you think that was? Different almost every time... funny how that works, huh? The Overseer lied to you, that much I'll reveal. He or she is usually so honest and tells you up front about the agent in your group. This time, he or she didn't, and instead hoped to catch the three anomalies within the group."

oOLluDU.jpg

~CAST LIST~

Aaron looked at the man. "Can the agent and Overseer be people who are not players? Like Brennan or Horatio? Or are they players, because I have an idea of who the agent and Overseer are." Aaron shrugged.

Reactions: Mighty Roman
Simon could....remember. Everything. His father. His Mother's death. His friends-The Hulk Family, and the Dark Avengers. his eyes flashed green. 'I know who I am. I have deposed of rulers far worse than you, slayed monsters who devour armies. I am the savage one, killer of killers. I can smell the fear present in this place, and feel every step of every child upon this world. Perhaps, what we've done today is more savage than my home ever was. Don't you know I am?'
Simon's skin turned green. He rolled up his sleeves, and could see Black Tattoos appearing up his arm. He began to grow to 5 times his usual height, as his Tuxedo tore, but remained mostly intact.
250px-Skaar.jpg

'I am Skaar. Son of Hulk. And I will find this agent of yours, and crush him.

@Wedge Antilles @york @The Silver Paladin

Aaron looked at the man. "Can the agent and Overseer be people who are not players? Like Brennan or Horatio? Or are they players, because I have an idea of who the agent and Overseer are." Aaron shrugged.
The principal paused to look around the room. It was a rather nondescript stone space. "I said people within this room right now, didn't I?"

@The Silver Paladin

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Continued from here.

FINAL CHAPTER
"The Overseer"

Standing before them is Brennan, Deanna, and Damien. Horatio, Thomas, and Bailey lay on the ground. Brennan has his gun trained on a man in front of him.

g69c62q.jpg

The man smiled. "Of course." Bailey and Horatio began to stir awake. Horatio complained of his head hurting. The man paid them no mind. "I know you all very well, and yet none of you know me. Normally, a student or a member of school faculty would be aware of who their principal is, but not in this case. In every cycle I am unseen until the very end, and that is how I like it. Things, of course, are a bit different every time, but some things remain the same. For example, the Overseer... who do you think that was? Different almost every time... funny how that works, huh? The Overseer lied to you, that much I'll reveal. He or she is usually so honest and tells you up front about the agent in your group. This time, he didn't, and instead hoped to catch the three anomalies within the group."

oOLluDU.jpg

~CAST LIST~

Kisho felt a pounding sensation within his head. Drums, hammering away at his cranium as if trying to split his skull open. Under the repeated bursts of sound, there was a near silent whisper, seductive in the tale it spun of Kisho, of his old lives.

His vision blurred and shifted away from dank underground they were trapped within. Soon, bright rays of the life-giving sun highlighted a field of grain that Kisho remembered planting. However, it was not a picturesque scene from the life of a farmer. No, this was a scene of murderous sin. Within his hand, a bloody sickle of bronze glistened in the light, slick with the blood of an innocent child. He stood above the body, his brother's blue hair framing the frozen expression of shock, betrayal, and fear.

The memory changed again, this time to a modern time. He stood upon a skyscraper, looking out onto the burnt shell of the once beautiful Tokyo. It will again be magnificent, one day. Beside him, his cousin stood, a cape of black satin on his shoulders and a makeshift crown made by one of their friends. Today was the day humanity's rebellion began, the day Kisho took revenge for his brother's murder. Today, Abel would make his ascent with his remorseful brother at his side.

Kisho remembered his lives all too well now. From Cain to Naoya, he recalled every day of the centuries building his revenge. His eyes shifted to the others and narrowed, distrust evident, "So, was it one of you who tricked me or are you all simply as lost as I?"

@york

Last edited by a moderator:
Continued from here.

FINAL CHAPTER
"The Overseer"

Standing before them is Brennan, Deanna, and Damien. Horatio, Thomas, and Bailey lay on the ground. Brennan has his gun trained on a man in front of him.

g69c62q.jpg

The man smiled. "Of course." Bailey and Horatio began to stir awake. Horatio complained of his head hurting. The man paid them no mind. "I know you all very well, and yet none of you know me. Normally, a student or a member of school faculty would be aware of who their principal is, but not in this case. In every cycle I am unseen until the very end, and that is how I like it. Thing, of course, are a bit different every time, but some things remain the same. For example, the Overseer... who do you think that was? Different almost every time... funny how that works, huh? The Overseer lied to you, that much I'll reveal. He or she is usually so honest and tells you up front about the agent in your group. This time, he didn't, and instead hoped to catch the three anomalies within the group."

oOLluDU.jpg

~CAST LIST~

Teresa was clearly appalled. How had Jake just vanished out of her arms..? She didn't know, but her hands balled into fists, and she gritted her teeth, angry tears threatening to spill. "Dammit! Shuckin' dammit..!" Overwhelmed by anger directed at herself for letting Jake down, the female punched the wall... Hard. She didn't feel any pain, though her knuckles turned red and swelled up a little.. She just felt self-spite like no other.

Damn, she was a sorry sight; nose broken, body scarred all over, bleeding from a cut on her forehead, beaten and bruised. She just couldn't catch a break.

Despite, still fuming, she silently stormed away from her group towards the group, not caring that she was only armed with a pin.. And went to launch a hard punch at the shadow. "Aye, no-brain, I don't appreciate when people pick on the defenseless," she snarled, too angry to realize that.. She was there.

Minori.

@Atomyk @BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies @Josh M @Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Proxymoron @Thuro Pendragon @DapperDogman

• Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
UhXxajh.png

"It's just like I suspected..." Brennan smiled and pointed to the players. "Clearly, both the Overseer and agent is amongst them! The best way to observe one's game is to play it alongside your victims. Certainly, they have rigged it so that they both ended up here."

KYOq2O6.jpg

"How do we know you're not the fucking Overseer?" Damien said, rounding on Brennan.

"If I was the Overseer, I wouldn't have had to fight so hard," Brennan said, raising his gun a little to remind Damien he still had.

Bailey rubbed at her eyes. "What is even happening...?" she said groggily.

@The Silver Paladin @Wedge Antilles @york @Mighty Roman

Status
Not open for further replies.