Illusion Game II: School Daze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get used to calling me 'sir' or 'captain'.

He was probably kidding.

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies
Unluckily for you... I'm not much of a person to do formalities like that... its one of the reasons why I haven't exactly been granted my Shadowhunter title yet.... sir.
Huh.

I might hate you a little less if ya tell me what you said. Both times. Not just that last phrase.

Don't you remember that tattoo? That.. Label? I've done worse than drinking and being annoyance. I'm The Betrayer. A monster. I doubt you'll ever beat that.

...I hate you, too.

@Gummi Bunnies @BarrenThin
Weird, another Tessa told me that too... not that I've seen much about you being... that. Oh, and that was Latin, because all Nephilim have to know that language for some bloody reason. 'With dearest love to you too, Tessa.' ... purely what I said earlier in Latin, you must've thought that I spoke foul words in front of you in a foreign language, because that is not the worse of my foul play, Tessie.

@BarrenThin @Hospes

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Unluckily for you... I'm not much of a person to do formalities like that... its one of the reasons why I haven't exactly been granted my Shadowhunter title yet.... sir.

Weird, another Tessa told me that too... not that I've seen much about you being... that. Oh, and that was Latin, because all Nephilim have to know that language for some bloody reason. 'With dearest love to you too, Tessa.' ... purely what I said earlier in Latin, you must've thought that I spoke foul words in front of you in a foreign language, because that is not the worse of my foul play, Tessie.

@BarrenThin @Hospes

I once kicked a bound man into an engine.

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies

I said you're adorable when you're prideful. And that you better get used to it.

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies
This made Teresa blush heatedly, and it took no time at all for her to become frustrated. Bullshit. I ain't adorable, when prideful or otherwise, she declared, firmly. Great. I'll start now.

@BarrenThin @Hospes
This made Teresa's blush worsen, and her cheeks puffed out in annoyance. Oh, shut it, Cherub.

Damn boys, embarrassing the prideful glader like that. Shame be upon you.

@BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies

Well then... nice to know that... sir.

@BarrenThin @Hospes

You guys were sharing and being all morbid and creepifying about it. I felt obligated to share, too.

This made Teresa blush heatedly, and it took no time at all for her to become frustrated. Bullshit. I ain't adorable, when prideful or otherwise, she declared, firmly. Great. I'll start now.

This made Teresa's blush worsen, and her cheeks puffed out in annoyance. Oh, shut it, Cherub.

Damn boys, embarrassing the prideful glader like that. Shame be upon you.

You sure are making me 'aww', meimei.

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies

Reactions: Midnight Maiden
I once kicked a bound man into an engine.

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies
Sounds fun. One technique I don't recommend is reverse double suicide by electricity. Not fun.
Well then... nice to know that... sir.

@BarrenThin @Hospes
Teresa almost found Will calling Mal 'sir' laughable. I think he was jokin' about the title, Cherub.
You guys were sharing and being all morbid and creepifying about it. I felt obligated to share, too.

You sure are making me 'aww', meimei.

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies
Aren't we a happy little bunch?

...Shut up.

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
A-Ah... I knew that. About the joking title I mean...

Next thing you know... we'll probably be warming up together like little baby chicks in a penhouse.

Off to the side, Will happened to be smoking, but it was all a cover to hide the fact that he was blushing a hint of red on his cheeks.

@Hospes @BarrenThin

"You sound like you're talking Chopin again," Horatio said, again mixing up Shakespeare with another historical figure. "I suppose it would not hurt to try. I don't know anything about doctor stuff."

@The Silver Paladin
"Nah, it's my family's Motto. Deus Contendere. It means "Let god Anyway, what I have is called a Phoenix Down. It looks like a feather, but it has a few beneficial medecines in it." He walked over, and applied it to Kei's neck. It didn't work. "Why isn't this working?" He had tried to save a three lives today, with only one success. Perhaps it couldn't work in this world?

@Anyone

I haven't been in need of a reminder since then.

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies
Well, you'll have one, anyways.

Guess I'll have ta keep Cherub outta trouble, too. You both sound like ya need it.

Next thing you know... we'll probably be warming up together like little baby chicks in a penhouse.

Off to the side, Will happened to be smoking, but it was all a cover to hide the fact that he was blushing a hint of red on his cheeks.

@Hospes @BarrenThin
Sure ya did.

This.. Happened to make Teresa go completely bright red, to a point where she feigned she was resting her face in her hands to hide the blush. In your dreams.

@BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies.​

Kisho blinked at the sight of the boy's body. Then blinked again, trying to process what he had seen. A final blink and Kisho finally had a reaction, "Yep, definitely didn't see that coming..."
Avia Taniyama
@The Tactician @Anyone else

Avia's thoughts seemed inconclusive, though, eventually, she decided to vote for Thaneo Tesseract... She was most likely going to change her vote if she got a proper lead, but, he seemed like the most likely suspect for the time being...​

@Hospes @BarrenThin

Can see it already. You guys bullying Jayne. Making friends with Inara and Kaylee. Getting lectured by Book. Tolerating Wash.

Guess I'll have ta keep Cherub outta trouble, too. You both sound like ya need it.

Sure ya did.

This.. Happened to make Teresa go completely bright red, to a point where she feigned she was resting her face in her hands to hide the blush. In your dreams.

Excuse me, little miss, but you ain't the only one with an ego bigger than a personnel carrier. I can handle myself just fine.

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies

"Nah, it's my family's Motto. Deus Contendere. It means "Let god Anyway, what I have is called a Phoenix Down. It looks like a feather, but it has a few beneficial medecines in it." He walked over, and applied it to Kei's neck. It didn't work. "Why isn't this working?" He had tried to save a three lives today, with only one success. Perhaps it couldn't work in this world?

@Anyone
Horatio shook his head. "Told you, soldier. At least you tried."

1:00

0:59

0:58

The bracelets began counting down the final minute of the vote.​

Sure ya did.

Dreams and reality don't really have a defining line when it comes to me... pretty soon, I might as well make that a reality, no?

Will, on the other hand, was glad that he had himself somewhat occupied with a smoke, because he would had snickered outright at that thought.

@Hospes @BarrenThin

Can see it already. You guys bullying Jayne. Making friends with Inara and Kaylee. Getting lectured by Book. Tolerating Wash.

Excuse me, little miss, but you ain't the only one with an ego bigger than a personnel carrier. I can handle myself just fine.

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies
Now that I think about it... my other friends back home in London would love to join as well. That being a close friend Jem, and a new friend... other Tessa.

Sounds like Will had already used the same nickname for someone from his world other than Teresa.

@BarrenThin @Hospes

Continued from here.

CHAPTER FIVE
"Mutiny"

The forest surrounding Takuro suddenly changes from day to night, the moon fading in amidst a dark backdrop to snuff out the sun. The howling of wolves surrounds you, and you realize the girls that had followed you out of the cabin are now missing.

You hear splashing from the lake behind you, and feel as if something dark is approaching.

@theryanjake11

Pulled into the water's depths, Minori awakes to find herself back in school-- but it's not a school you're familiar with in either of your set of memories. Moonlight streams in through the windows. Air bubbles float in the air as if you're underwater, but you can walk and breath just fine. Coming across a classroom, you find that it's actually a hospital room.

As it turns out, this whole place seems to be some weird combination of a hospital and a school. You think you hear a sound, as if somebody is lurking nearby.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Kei awakes in the back of a pick-up truck. Looking around, you'll find yourself within a dark decaying city. Tall decrepit skyscrapers stood around you and not a living soul was in sight.

You hear the swooshing of wind off in the distance.

@DapperDogman

Ilse finds herself awaking in a hospital bed. Moonlight stream in from the window, calming you. You think you're in a hospital, though it's a pretty silent one.

Do you hear someone laughing?

@Proxymoron

Aghast at the deaths of two more players, Jake can do little more than sit down on the ground numbly as the final seconds of the vote count down.

0:03

0:02

0:01

0:00

A skull appears on Scott's bracelet and on Umeko's bracelet.

3JoDtOW.png

"Players, please stand by for the next phase."

Silence. Brennan began to slowly clap as he made his way toward Kei's corpse. He stopped to kneel down next the body, watching as the boy's bracelet changed to that of a skull. "Good thing he had 9 BP," said the student council member. "Once the bracelet has determined the wearer has died, it detaches from the corpse when 27 minutes are up."

Logan would find that the bracelets he got off LuAnn and Thaneo would be released by now, the bottoms of them now open.

Deanna broke from the crowd of students and points at Kei's corpse. "He killed himself! What was he even going on about?! He was insane!"

Damien could only shake his head, holding the hockey stick he'd fastened into a spear using a knife from the kitchen. Other members of the football team had done so as well. "And that girl-- she... disintegrated."

"The hell was that?" cried Travois. "Was she a-- a demon or something?"

"That's ridiculous!" replied Adam with a scoff. "She was playing a trick on us!"

"They've been betraying each other and killing each other!" Sarah yelled. She'd started to stand on one of the cafeteria tables to get some attention.

Kyle yelled the loudest, saying, "They murdered Miss Page! And they pretended like I wasn't even there to witness their horrid acts!"

"I saw James pull a knife!" Deanna interjected. "He tried to rape a girl in school too!"

Clementine sounded scared as she said, "After Mr. Taniyama hit that kid with the laptop, I haven't seen him around... I think he killed him."

Kyle jumped on this. "I can believe it. He wanted to murder Miss Page himself."

"I bet they tried to kill Bailey," Deanna sneered. "They probably lied to us."

"That's enough!" Jake was standing now, hands balled into fists. He looked upon the students with rage.

IuxeRCU.png

"They saved her-- I saved her. We worked together to save her life!"

"It's true," Damien said. "Bailey'd be dead without the nurse." The boy moved to stand with Jake against the judging eyes of the students. A few members of the football team joined him, including Kristoff and Thomas. "And we know Mr. Wilson's a good guy!"

"Is he?" Deanna practically snapped. "He was perving on that weird girl-- Vivi or whatever. He was acting totally crazy and violent!"

"Only because James is a piece of shit!" Kristoff yelled.

"But they're working together now, dipshit!" Deanna had the nerve to roll her eyes. "Damien, babe, he's blinded you."

Damien crossed his arms. "And you're acting out of line, babe."

Brennan interrupted this fight by laughing. "She's not wrong," he said. "The players have shown themselves to be unreliable. I had to solve the puzzles behind door number 9 for them. They've murdered each other and even murdered a fellow non-player. Why did they save Bailey? Well, I would assume it was because I was there watching them at the time."

UhXxajh.png

"We don't even need the players," Brennan held up one of the bracelets he'd acquired. "As I said, the bracelets come off after a player dies. I found these in the gym storage, where four dead bodies happened to be. I suspected that the bracelets stopped working after a player died, but that is not the case." He fanned the bracelet around the room, so everyone could see the number 0 on its face. "The losers of the AB Game produce bracelets that are useless to finish the game, if the Overseer is to be believed. The bracelets we need come from the players who've managed to succeed." He gestured to Kei's corpse.

"Is that so..." Deanna smiled devilishly as moved to stand next to Brennan.

RWTuOtQ.jpg

"I'd say it is their duty to remove the bracelets from their possession then, at least to make up for what they did to our poor Miss Page."

"Hold on," Horatio said. "You can not declare war when we are in the middle of one! This is a terrible strategy, and one destined to get all of us killed!"

Ut3QaL6.jpg

"No, I won't stand for it. Not as a protector of justice for this school!"

"Deanna, don't be like this," Damien begged. "We all just need to chill out and-- Holy shit!"

Ihcx8ew.png

Brennan held a golden revolver in his hand, his face grim. "I found this in the garden while the others were staring at Meira's corpse. I had a feeling it would come in handy." He pointed the gun at Jason and fired. The boy slammed backward from the impact, dead instantly from the shot to his heart.

"H-How is this any fucking better than what they did to Miss Page?!" Kristoff said, his voice shaking.

hWMU2tw.png

"This was likely the true objective of the game all along," Brennan said as if that made complete sense. "It was up to the non-players to fight and gain agency in this game to ensure their own survival. Now that we know we don't need you, I suggest you all offer to take the same measures that Ms. Lewis and Mr. Tesseract took." Though most of the students looked shaken by the sudden murder, none of them made a move to join the player's side. Perhaps it was because Brennan had a gun, or perhaps it was because they had simply had enough.

"Brennan," Jake said, holding up his hands. "Please, just put the gun down. We don't need this."

"We outnumber you by quite a bit," Brennan said, shrugging. He aimed the gun at Jake and looked about ready to fire once again. Jake would be dead, if not for the sudden earthquake that overtook the school. Players and non-players alike were thrown to the ground as the entire building shook. It felt as if they falling downward. In tandem with this, the floodlights illuminating the school suddenly shut off, enveloping the school in darkness.

"Players," said the intercom over this chaos. "Please seek out your final numbered door. Make your way to the gymnasium."

Once the shaking stopped, Jake's voice could be heard over the students yelling. "Hurry, everyone! Go!" There were sounds of someone being tackled and a gun going off, but it was too dark to tell what had happened.

It had been way too many hours since this all began.

Continued here.

~CAST LIST~
@The Tactician as Kisho Taniyama [Computer Applications and Programming Teacher] 7 BP
@TheColourlessRainbow as Bryan Stark [Student] 6 BP
@BarrenThin as Logan Wilson [Physical Education Teacher] 7 BP
@TheBombMan as Umeko Moe [Student] MARKED FOR DEATH

@Mirage as Kumiko Kurumi [Student] ELIMINATED
@Hospes as Viviette Anya Stark [Student] 6 BP
@york as Avia Taniyama [Physical Education Teacher] 14 BP

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Minori Chihara [Student] ELIMINATED
@Emperor of Gallifrey as Jason "Jay" Cortez Wilson [Student] ELIMINATED

@Gummi Bunnies as James Lancaster [Student] 7 BP
@Mighty Roman as Simon Black [Student] 9 BP

@DapperDogman as Kei Eba [Student] ELIMINATED
@Jeremi as LuAnn Lewis [Home Economics Teacher] ELIMINATED
@FireDrake150 as Scott Miller [Communications Technology Teacher] MARKED FOR DEATH
@Josh M as Annette De La Rose [Guidance Counselor] 3 BP
@Wedge Antilles as Tom Swanson [Student] 10 BP
@Mari as Anna Collins [Student] 6 BP
@Dinoteen as Thaneo Tesseract [Head Cafeteria Boss] ELIMINATED
@The Silver Paladin as Aaron White [Student] 14 BP

@Nassi as Anouk Cross [Student] ELIMINATED
@Meira as Meira Franz [Student] MARKED FOR DEATH
@theryanjake11 as Takuro Kennedy [Student] MARKED FOR DEATH

@Xx420BLAZEITxX as Adrian Jacobs [Student] 5 BP
@Proxymoron as Ilse Althaus Brandt [Student] ELIMINATED
@Thuro Pendragon as Michelle Kile [Student] 6 BP
@TheBlueBurch as Yui [Student] ELIMINATED
@Brother Gabriel as Jacky Robertson [Student] NON-PLAYER

Last edited:

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies
I ain't little. And there's a difference between ego an' strength. I just so happen ta have both.
Dreams and reality don't really have a defining line when it comes to me... pretty soon, I might as well make that a reality, no?

Will, on the other hand, was glad that he had himself somewhat occupied with a smoke, because he would had snickered outright at that thought.

@Hospes @BarrenThin
No response came.​

Continued from here.

CHAPTER FIVE
"Mutiny"

The forest surrounding Takuro suddenly changes from day to night, the moon fading in amidst a dark backdrop to snuff out the sun. The howling of wolves surrounds you, and you realize the girls that had followed you out of the cabin are now missing.

You hear splashing from the lake behind you, and feel as if something dark is approaching.

@theryanjake11

Pulled into the water's depths, Minori awakes to find herself back in school-- but it's not a school you're familiar with in either of your set of memories. Moonlight streams in through the windows. Air bubbles float in the air as if you're underwater, but you can walk and breath just fine. Coming across a classroom, you find that it's actually a hospital room.

As it turns out, this whole place seems to be some weird combination of a hospital and a school. You think you hear a sound, as if somebody is lurking nearby.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Kei awakes in the back of a pick-up truck. Looking around, you'll find yourself within a dark decaying city. Tall decrepit skyscrapers stood around you and not a living soul was in sight.

You hear the swooshing of wind off in the distance.

@DapperDogman

Ilse finds herself awaking in a hospital bed. Moonlight stream in from the window, calming you. You think you're in a hospital, though it's a pretty silent one.

Do you hear someone laughing?

@Proxymoron

Aghast at the deaths of two more players, Jake can do little more than sit down on the ground numbly as the final seconds of the vote count down.

0:03

0:02

0:01

0:00

A skull appears on Scott's bracelet and on Umeko's bracelet.

3JoDtOW.png

"Players, please stand by for the next phase."

Silence. Brennan began to slowly clap as he made his way toward Kei's corpse. He stopped to kneel down next the body, watching as the boy's bracelet changed to that of a skull. "Good thing he had 9 BP," said the student council member. "Once the bracelet has determined the wearer has died, it detaches from the corpse when 27 minutes are up."

Logan would find that the bracelets he got off LuAnn and Thaneo would be released by now, the bottoms of them now open.

Deanna broke from the crowd of students and points at Kei's corpse. "He killed himself! What was he even going on about?! He was insane!"

Damien could only shake his head, holding the hockey stick he'd fastened into a spear using a knife from the kitchen. Other members of the football team had done so as well. "And that girl-- she... disintegrated."

"The hell was that?" cried Travois. "Was she a-- a demon or something?"

"That's ridiculous!" replied Adam with a scoff. "She was playing a trick on us!"

"They've been betraying each other and killing each other!" Sarah yelled. She'd started to stand on one of the cafeteria tables to get some attention.

Kyle yelled the loudest, saying, "They murdered Miss Page! And they pretended like I wasn't even there to witness their horrid acts!"

"I saw James pull a knife!" Deanna interjected. "He tried to rape a girl in school too!"

Clementine sounded scared as she said, "After Mr. Taniyama hit that kid with the laptop, I haven't seen him around... I think he killed him."

Kyle jumped on this. "I can believe it. He wanted to murder Miss Page himself."

"I bet they tried to kill Bailey," Deanna sneered. "They probably lied to us."

"That's enough!" Jake was standing now, hands balled into fists. He looked upon the students with rage.

IuxeRCU.png

"They saved her-- I saved her. We worked together to save her life!"

"It's true," Damien said. "Bailey'd be dead without the nurse." The boy moved to stand with Jake against the judging eyes of the students. A few members of the football team joined him, including Kristoff and Thomas. "And we know Mr. Wilson's a good guy!"

"Is he?" Deanna practically snapped. "He was perving on that weird girl-- Vivi or whatever. He was acting totally crazy and violent!"

"Only because James is a piece of shit!" Kristoff yelled.

"But they're working together now, dipshit!" Deanna had the nervse to roll her eyes. "Damien, babe, he's blinded you."

Damien crossed his arms. "And you're acting out of line, babe."

Brennan interrupted this fight by laughing. "She's not wrong," he said. "The players have shown themselves to be unreliable. I had to solve the puzzles behind door number 9 for them. They've murdered each other and even murdered a fellow non-player. Why did they save Bailey? Well, I would assume it was because I was there watching them at the time."

UhXxajh.png

"We don't even need the players," Brennan held up one of the bracelets he'd acquired. "As I said, the bracelets come off after a player dies. I found these in the gym storage, where four dead bodies happened to be. I suspected that the bracelets stopped working after a player died, but that is not the case." He fanned the bracelet around the room, so everyone could see the number 0 on its face. "The losers of the AB Game produce bracelets that are useless to finish the game, if the Overseer is to be believed. The bracelets we need come from the players who've managed to succeed." He gestured to Kei's corpse.

"Is that so..." Deanna smiled devilishly as moved to stand next to Brennan.

RWTuOtQ.jpg

"I'd say it is their duty to remove the bracelets from their possession then, at least to make up for what they did to our poor Miss Page."

"Hold on," Horatio said. "You can not declare war when we are in the middle of one! This is a terrible strategy, and one destined to get all of us killed!"

Ut3QaL6.jpg

"No, I won't stand for it. Not as a protector justice for this school!"

"Deanna, don't be like this," Damien begged. "We all just need to chill out and-- Holy shit!"

Ihcx8ew.png

Brennan held a golden revolver in his hand, his face grim. "I found this in the garden while the others were staring Meira's corpse. I had a feeling it would come in handy." He pointed the gun at Jason and fired. The boy slammed backward from the impact, dead instantly from the shot to his heart.

"H-How is this any fucking better than what they did to Miss Page?!" Kristoff said, his voice shaking.

hWMU2tw.png

"This was likely the true objective of the game all along," Brennan said, as if that made complete sense. "It was up to the non-players to fight and gain agency in this game to ensure their own survival. Now that we know we don't need you, I suggest you all offer to take the same measures that Ms. Lewis and Mr. Tesseract took." Though most of the students looked shaken by the sudden murder, none of them made a move to join the player's side. Perhaps it was because Brennan had a gun, or perhaps it was because they had simply had enough.

"Brennan," Jake said, holding up his hands. "Please, just put the gun down. We don't need this."

"We outnumber you by quite a bit," Brennan said, shrugging. He aimed the gun at Jake, and looked about ready to fire once again. Jake would be dead, if not for the sudden earthquake that overtook the school. Players and non-players alike were thrown to the ground as the entire building shook. It felt as if they falling downward. In tandem with this, the floodlights illuminating the school suddenly shut off, enveloping the school in darkness.

"Players," said the intercom over this chaos. "Please seek out your final numbered door. Make your way to the gymnasium."

Once the shaking stopped, Jake's voice could be heard over the students yelling. "Hurry, everyone! Go!" There were sounds of someone being tackled and a gun going off, but it was too dark to tell what had happened.

It had been way too many hours since this all began.

~CAST LIST~
@The Tactician as Kisho Taniyama [Computer Applications and Programming Teacher] 7 BP
@TheColourlessRainbow as Bryan Stark [Student] 6 BP
@BarrenThin as Logan Wilson [Physical Education Teacher] 7 BP
@TheBombMan as Umeko Moe [Student] MARKED FOR DEATH

@Mirage as Kumiko Kurumi [Student] ELIMINATED
@Hospes as Viviette Anya Stark [Student] 6 BP
@york as Avia Taniyama [Physical Education Teacher] 14 BP

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Minori Chihara [Student] ELIMINATED
@Emperor of Gallifrey as Jason "Jay" Cortez Wilson [Student] ELIMINATED

@Gummi Bunnies as James Lancaster [Student] 7 BP
@Mighty Roman as Simon Black [Student] 9 BP

@DapperDogman as Kei Eba [Student] ELIMINATED
@Jeremi as LuAnn Lewis [Home Economics Teacher] ELIMINATED
@FireDrake150 as Scott Miller [Communications Technology Teacher] MARKED FOR DEATH
@Josh M as Annette De La Rose [Guidance Counselor] 3 BP
@Wedge Antilles as Tom Swanson [Student] 10 BP
@Mari as Anna Collins [Student] 6 BP
@Dinoteen as Thaneo Tesseract [Head Cafeteria Boss] ELIMINATED
@The Silver Paladin as Aaron White [Student] 14 BP

@Nassi as Anouk Cross [Student] ELIMINATED
@Meira as Meira Franz [Student] MARKED FOR DEATH
@theryanjake11 as Takuro Kennedy [Student] MARKED FOR DEATH

@Xx420BLAZEITxX as Adrian Jacobs [Student] 5 BP
@Proxymoron as Ilse Althaus Brandt [Student] ELIMINATED
@Thuro Pendragon as Michelle Kile [Student] 6 BP
@TheBlueBurch as Yui [Student] ELIMINATED
@Brother Gabriel as Jacky Robertson [Student] NON-PLAYER
Aaron looked at Umeko before he left. "I will always love you, even if you don't reciprocate the feelings. I enjoyed meeting you. You don't know how lovely you truly are" Aaron turned to go to the gym. He was whistling The Scientist.

@TheBombMan

Status
Not open for further replies.