Illinor Group Roleplay - Custom Pixel Avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jester

Original poster
Front_Banner.png
(Sorry for the harsh glow, this was meant to be on a very pale background, and it's rather strong on a black one. I'd make a different one for here on Iwaku respectfully without mine or Faelrin's avi's on the bottom and a lighter glow.)

This is a banner from another site, it's not from here, however I've fully enjoyed doing it so far and was wondering if I could span out. Faelrin is a friend of mine. It was meant originally to be a OneXOne wherein I did dolls of our characters to post with, however, the styles don't work here on Iwaku. I'd have to tweak it I guess.

Basically it kind of worked like an avatar community, wherein you posted with whatever character was speaking with whatever color you wanted in the post style. It made it colorful, but really neat and tidy and clean. (I understand that's not for everyone, so if it's not for you, maybe we can work something out. This is just a unique idea pitch I'm throwing on Iwaku to see where it goes.)

Please read the whole thing, I know it's lengthy, but it's detailed! I will be having multiple reserved posts to fill in with in-depth world information and fun stuff for contests and the like! There will also be a set of rules that will be posted as well, aside from the important notes I write here.

How it Works:

• REALLY Important: This doesn't go by turns, because there's no actual world-goals aside from small Quest Points. That means you RP with whoever is online. If I'm offline, I will catch up, no biggie, and jump back in, and the same for EVERYONE ELSE too. It's meant to be fun! It's no fun waiting, and I'm tired of my RP's dying because of waiting for people who never return!

• Basically, it would be very casual floating island RP. Maybe one to two paragraph posts, given I lose interest with 2 sentence posts, and super ridiculous huge ones. It has no ending plot - it's pretty much a casual "where the story goes, it goes" kind of thing.

• It also worked sort of on a Quest system in the other thread - basically to round everyone up for a special goal which occasionally may have prizes, I'd post something simple like below. It's not meant to derail or godmod, it's just meant to keep everyone on the same track and to keep an endless RP moving along, that's all. You can see here it's not even invasive or controlling of what your character does:

• • ►►► Main Quest #1: 6/3/14 ◄◄◄ •

• You just got off the airship to step foot onto a grassy hilltop, staring down the steep slope at the world below. Your packs are at your feet. The breeze is in your hair. There is a smell of something baking coming on the wind from the village to the right of you, toward the lake-front.

► Where will you go? What will you do?
What friends will you make and what enemies too? ◄

I don't know what the deal is with double spoilers. There's only one spoiler in this code. :\

• Here are some characters from the current RP. There are still two more that need done. They also have flipped images so you can use whichever one you want when posting. I don't care about font color as long as it's legible, and you can flip it however you like. But in general, something like this needs organization. I can't seem to get the imgleft tag to be working, and that's how it should be so your text lines up beside the image, so I'll have to tweak it.
Circe.png
Faelrin.png
Ohleaal.png

• I would have a section also for a world-map once I got around to doing the art, but for now it's mostly just an explanation of what city is where, and what landmarks are important.

• I like doing contests, especially page contests. It's a good milestone and thing to work for. Basically what I have going right now in the other thread is a pet prize. First to page 25 gets a custom pixel pet to be on their avatar, like a familiar, though I'm rather limited with animal artistic work, so it has to be reasonable.

• I will not do pixel dolls at first, until I know someone is going to stick around. I've had countless threads die here on Iwaku, from either lack of inspiration, lack-of or too-long posts, or an incompatible partner. Please be active with me. Two weeks of inactivity, and we'll simply write out your character to move on. I'm looking for a GROUP to do this with, at least four or five people.

Status
Not open for further replies.