I'll Show You My World

Nicholas' smiling face sinks into the sand of Anna's words, immediately feeling guilty. He breathes deeply, looking to the salt and pepper shakers, deciding what to do and what to say back to Anna. What is wrong with me. Of course girls don't like that. Dammit. You stupid man. He leans back against the olive green padding of their booth. He licks his lips slowly, leaving it open as if to say something but he just practically exasperates another breath and moves to stand. "I apologize," is all he can manage to say, feeling completely run through by what Anna is telling him. He tries not to let it show though, plastering another smile upon his face and even chuckling, "I'll make this right."

He raps his knuckles upon the table before walking quickly away to find Melody. Anna can see the two of them talk, quickly about the milkshake at first but then Melody seems to ask Nicholas a question that practically flusters the man. He is quick to respond in a quiet voice, the waitress laughing as she fills up a coke for another customer. With a soothing pat of his cheek, she flicks her wrist at him, telling him in her usual bubbly voice to leave her to her work before he causes her any more trouble. The gentleman behind the casher chuckles at Nicholas before opening the register to make change for someone else.

Nicholas walks back to the table, "All cleared up," he slips into the booth, hands speaking as he does, "I thought it would be a nice gesture, is all. I meant you no disrespect or anything." With a nod, resolutely to himself, Nicholas waits upon her judgement.

She arched a 'brow as she watched him get up from the table to talk with Melody, a smirk on her lips as she took another sip of water. Waiting patiently, her fingers drumming against the table to the soft song playing over head. Once he sat down she gave a soft laugh, "Its okay. You really need to relax more. Do I make you nervous or something? If I do I'm sorry."

Folding her arms onto the table and leaning forward a bit she placed her hand onto his, "I'm sorry if I come off strong or very forward, if you ever have a problem with it let me know. I don't want you to feel up tight. Things have been..." her hand moved from his as she leaned back into the padded booth, "Crazy the past day or so.. and I know I haven't been the most..." her lips twisting as she tried to find the more polite word, "Nice person to work with or be around."

"I'm relaxed," Nicholas comments, raising a brow at her words. Had he really been so... obvious? Ever since he was a child, he has wanted people, not just girls, to like him. It wasn't until he had ... well, until he became the Purple Shade that he actually needed to know -less- people. Nearly half of his friends were dropped when he moved to the city to work for his current company. Nicholas straightens his cuff before feeling yet another zing of energy flail up his arm. He immediately drops it to underneath the table, his fingers starting to spark gently between his fisted fingers. "And no, I just didn't want to offend you or anything."

Saying what needed to be said, he glances down at his hand before resting it back on the table, concentrating on controlling the energy inside of his body instead of outside. "You don't make me feel up tight, Anna," he tries to convince her, smiling, "I just like for my guests to have a good time, that's all. I get a bit anxious you could say, when they're unsatisfied. But all is well, the milkshakes," he waves his hand around, motioning to where he was speaking with Melody, "are taken care of. I thought it would be a nice idea but I guess that's the reason why I don't have a girlfriend." Oh, there are plenty of other reasons. He forcefully trips up, making a fool of himself and disconnecting himself after dates and such. Attachments are his bane.

"Well, if you would like to talk about this craziness you have been having, I am sure at least speaking to someone will help," Nick smiles, trying to act as nonchalant as possible. He already knows a chunk of what has been going on in her life - nearly getting mugged or raped. His smile grows for he knows that if he didn't catch her at that exact moment, she might not be here today. His chest fills with fire, a calm and happy one. It's pride he feels for he can at least do right by the community underneath a mask. "You don't have to, but I know it's better sometimes. To speak, that is. About problems. I know I'm your boss but tonight, I'm not. I'm just Nicholas. I can even be your friend if you'd like."

Anna shook her head, "Just... stupid stuff. I ran into that Purple Fly Guy." her hand waving dismissively in the air as she said it, "I'm sure what the big deal is." Laughing she realized how dumb that must sound, "Well it is a big deal, he saves lives..." the laugh quickly diminished and a slight frown found her lips, "A lot of lives."

She shook her head with another wave of her hand as if to erase some thought, "Anyway," getting back to talking about him, "If you wanted a girlfriend you'd have one in no time. Don't be so down on yourself, Nick. Just... Open yourself up." Sitting up she scanned the restaurant for something, "Ah!" she pointed to a woman sitting alone at a booth, short blonde hair and a black dress. "Talk to her, buy her a milkshake and get her number." With a smirk she gave his hand a nudge, "Go ahead, you know you want to."

His hand starts to come up and dismiss what Anna is starting to get at but Nicholas figures he might as well humor her instead of immediately shutting the girl down. If he is going to befriend her, he must humor her. Even if it's things that he doesn't particularly wish to meddle in. The girl, Nicholas casually turns around to stare as if looking for the waitress, is quite beautiful. His palms are already sweaty, he can feel his heart start to beat ever so gently before gaining momentum. He swallows, stroking his chin before looking back at Anna.

"You sure? She seems... I dunno. Maybe she wants to be there alone? I'm sure she would rather read her paper than have some guy make--" he stops himself and looks down to his suit. It is, after all, one of his favorite ones. The cuffs fit him just right, the size giving hints of his build with a magnificent subtly. "I'm sure she has already seem me with you. Wouldn't it be strange for her to be approached by a man after... ugh," he sighs, brushing back his hair. At this point, he is speaking more to himself than her, "How do I look?" a hand brushes back his hair, trying to make it more official. Nicholas grabs the napkin dispenser and takes a look at his warped reflection, trying to gage how presentable he is. "Well, this will have to do, wish me luck," he stands and walks past her booth.

They briefly make eye contact and he smiles, nodding his head while taking a glance at what belongings she has on her table. A crossword. That might come in handy to become his ticket in. He even opens his mouth to say hello but he can feel his words catch in his throat. Closing his mouth promptly, Nicholas just nods his head, mouthing the word "hello" before moving to the restroom. Once there, he collects himself and thinks of what exactly he should say to this... angelic looking woman. Nicholas didn't realize it but the closer he had gotten to her, the more of her beauty he seemed to notice. Hopefully she will like him and save him the disgrace of giving Anna ammunition.

Walking from the bathroom after a graceful amount of time has settled, he stops and exchanges a few sweet words with a waiter before walking past her booth again. This time, with his eyes on Anna, he raises a brow smugly before glancing her way yet again. He wants her to know that she has caught his attention. He takes a single step more before finding himself looking at her again. He stops this time and actually turns around to speak in a strong, yet soft, tone to her, "Hi there," he calmly marks, standing next to her booth, a graceful distance away not to make her feel too uncomfortable, "I was passing by and I couldn't help but notice that you're working on today's puzzle. I only had time during my lunch break to glance at it, do you mind if I take another look?" He stands tall, remaining friendly, handsome, and smart with one of his best suits upon his body, "May I?" he motions to the opposite booth seat, waiting until she thinks and answers before making his move to sit down across from her.

Anna watched him with a smile, "Its okay if you don't-" before she could stop him he was already up and walking over to the woman's table, "You look just fine." she whispers while he was still in ear shot. Smirking she rest her cheek into he palm of her hand, "Look at him go, he's growing up so fast." giggling she watched carefully, ready to jump in if anything should go wrong. She frowned seeing him steer off to the bathrooms, "What is he doing?" she asked herself and slumped back into her seat.

Sasha sat there, her dress fitting her body in all the right ways, her chest covered just enough to only show a little bit of cleavage. She wrote the word 'SWORD' down on her crossword and looked up to see a man smile and say hi. Red lips turned into a smile, "Hey." she whispered with a wink, placing the pen between her lips as he walked off. By the time he returned she had a few more words down, "Well hey again." she responded once he came back. "Please sit." she pushed the puzzle to his side of the booth and smirks, "If you just wanted to sit and talk I wouldn't mind, unless you really do like puzzles." Giggling as her fingers laced together and rest her chin onto of them. "I'm Sasha Renolds, its a pleasure to meet you." her voice was like soft velvet, almost purring out her name.

"Ah," Nicholas breathes out as he sits down across the booth from her, "So I wasn't being quite as suave as I had thought," he jokes snapping his fingers as he settles down across from her, "You must tell me where I have gone wrong. I thought I was doing rather well," chuckling, Nick finds himself actually enjoying Sasha already in an odd manner he isn't used to. His eyes look her over. Her dress does her well and the dear man tries not to stare for its rude to say the least. Instead, he focuses upon her eyes as he leans forward to catch her name. She is bewildering, the way her smile reaches her eyes, a genuinely happy look in them. Whatever Nicholas is doing, he is doing it right.

"I'm Nicholas Miller but you may call me Nick if you fancy," he sucks in a breath, trying to sound as normal as he can without turning out like a douchebag. His voice has already dropped without his consent and his mind is a battlefield between the urges to flirt and the gentleman in him knowing that flirting always goes wrong with him. "Because I don't really wish to talk about the puzzle upon the paper but more about the bafflement you cause me. A beautiful woman such as yourself, Sasha, should never be eating alone," he smiles, considering that perhaps this flirtatious business isn't too difficult after all, "you are a queen among peasants when it comes to beauty."

Straightening himself up, Nicholas smiles gently at her, wishing nothing more but to give her a compliment that she may carry with her for the rest of the night. He pays close attention to her smile to gage a proper reading. He is well aware that wha is being spoken cannot always be trusted. The eyes, hands, and tone tell a whole lot more than a whole sonnet can. Nicholas keeps his hands upon the table, hoping that she will be one of the first to reach out towards him. He is tired of chasing girls. Maybe, for one conversation, he can be the one to share his life. It's a newer concept to him and Nick feels the burden strike him hard in his chest. It worries him that he is even speaking to Sasha, let alone flirting and acting as if he is interested. Well, any sane man would be with those curves upon her body. They are her beacon, a way of leading lost and stranded men to shore. Nick is sure that she will and can use anything at he disposal to render a man love struck. Then a thought hits him, causing him to shake slightly. He plays it off as a shiver and apologizes. What if she has a boyfriend? Certainly, Nick doesn't want to cause any trouble. Let alone make a scene if this unknown man should come through the doors and find his lover with another, handsomely dressed, male. Not just that but a businessman who is flirting unconditionally. Nicholas swallows, smoldering the quick look of panic in his eyes before she can catch it.

Last edited:
"I'm glad you noticed." she said towards his complement about her beauty, "But a woman's beauty is only matched by a handsome man, good thing one just sat down across from me." Putting the pen down, her fingers linked together as her chin rest on top of them, red lips turning into a smile. "Nick? That's a good name, one of my favorites." she winked, "I'm glad you didn't want to talk about the puzzle, I'd rather just talk about you. Is that your friend over there or your lady?" Asking she pointed over to Anna.

Anna smiled with a wave when she noticed the woman pointing in her direction and held up her left hand to show there wasn't a ring.

Sasha couldn't help but smile again, her hands moving to take his left hand into her own, "I couldn't help but notice no rings... So I'll take that as a no." Fingers gently played along the palm of his hand and the pads of his fingers. "Soft but firm, a working man, no? I like that in a guy. Let me guess... Businessman? Maybe something with bills or law? You look like the type of guy who does those things. Smart. I also like a guy who knows how to use his hands." She gave another wink as her fingers danced along his palm once more.

"You have stirred such a power within me, Sasha, that it honors me to know that you perceive my features as a compliment to yours and not, at all, a detriment," Nicholas chuckles his string of notes in his own personal tone, "When it comes to talking on this night, I push a proposal to your finely tuned ears, my dear," pausing to gage her reaction, Nicholas finds himself scooting forward on the raised booth ever so gently, "With every question you throw at me, I'll answer, as long as you are bound to the same policy. Of course I don't wish to pry into your life - all and any questions you would rather leave a mystery..." he starts to grin, "well, that just makes it all the more fun, doesn't it?"

"No ring does not mean," she gently works her fingers into his hand, wishing to feel all she can of him and Nicholas pauses for a moment, allowing her to do so, "that there isn't any significance there. You shouldn't be fooled by such obvious indicators. But not to worry, she is only a co-worker... well, actually," he re-invents his statement, "she is actually my secretary, a new one at that, and I'm attempting to get to know her a little more." He nods when she guesses him as a businessman. He chuckles when he looks down to his clothing, "You are an observant one," he jokes, "that could get you into some big trouble." Nicholas' fingers start to fight back against her wondering, wishing to feel her as she felt him. With gentle movements, he slips his hand underneath hers and grips ever so softly. He informs her of the company he works at and his boss status. It's hard work but rewarding to say the least.

She comments about liking a man who can use his hands and Nicholas sneers ever so gently in a quite playful manner. "And now it's only a matter of time before I have to guess your status in this world, Sasha. But for now, let me ask you this simple question," he slowly brings her hand to his lips, gently kissing her knuckles and tasting her against his lips. "Would you rather have a man who is good with his hands or perhaps one that is good with his tongue," drawing her hand slowly over, he manages to kiss each individual knuckle before settling them both down on the table. "If you're really lucky, perhaps you'll catch a rare fish and have both to take home with you." He licks his lips, observing her as if she were a movie as he now tries to focus on her story. "Now comes the hard part..." he whispers, drawing himself even further towards her but remains seated, "of guessing what you do for a living."

Sasha let out a giggle, a soft pink rising to her cheeks at the mention of his tongue, "Oh? I think I'd like to find out." her hand stayed in his, liking the way it felt, her thumb gently grazing over his knuckles. "I work at the new art museum on 9th. I'm the art director, and a bit of a collector myself. I love abstract, of course its expensive so I just buy the knock-offs." Her free hand waving dismissively in the air and then combing slender fingers through gold locks. "Enough about me..." her free hand coasting up his forearm, "I want to hear more about you." Standing up, heels clicking against the tile floor of the restaurant as she moved to sit next to him in the booth. Leaning over, her lips brushing against his ear as she whispered, "And your tongue." Her hand resting on his inner thigh.

Anna watched from her table, nibbling on a fry, their food already there. "Well she moves quick..." she mumbled to herself picking up another fry and popping it between her lips. As she enjoyed the salty flavor and watched Nick and the blonde woman something burned inside, was it jealousy? No, she couldn't be jealous, she can't like her boss that way. Taking a deep breath she watched the woman move to sit next to Nick and Anna's cheeks turned red as thoughts became loud in her ear, "Woah! She wants to..." Quickly she looked back down at her plate of food.

An unusual tingle spreads across the bottom of Nicholas' arms and top of his thighs as she moves closer to him. He can feel his throat catch the air and hold onto it for a long moment, his mouth slightly parted, when he feels her warm fingers. A dry throated laugh escapes him as he turns his head away from hers to cough into his elbow. When their eyes meet again, he has obtained that note of confidence that had lapsed in the moments when her fingers curled onto his own thigh. "An art director? I would love to come and see some of your exhibitions. Perhaps you can teach me a think or two about your own aesthetic principles. What you like, what you distain, and so on."

Never before had he felt in such a state of confidence, his smile widening. Normally, no matter how suave he might be, he chokes up and loses his cool right about now but there is something about Sasha, or perhaps the ongoing bet he is having with Anna, is pushing his confidence. Nicholas can feel his entire body lock up, including his throat but he pushes past every single block in his way. He will get this woman's number one way or another. So he straightens up and prepares himself, as much as he can, for whatever she might do next. This woman is definitely a wild card and Nicholas, never thinking he liked her type, finds it quite alluring. He licks his lips before speaking.

"I'm not sure I can speak of what I can do with my tongue," he gently runs that very muscle over the bottom of his top teeth, a devilish grin coming across his face as he focuses on her eyes with his own green looking ones, "I'm afraid it will have to be one of those things you're shown. But perhaps the day will come where I can make a gentleman out of myself, take you out to dinner, and then perhaps show you what," he squints his eyes, trying to find the best choice of wording for a public place, "talents a mere man who helps uphold the law in any way he can. I'm a partner in a law firm who sits at a desk all day and I could use some fun. You, my dear Sasha, are just the fun I am looking for." the hand with his Tissot watch moves outward and plays gently with the fringes of her hair. It's an innocent gesture, bringing them closer together or perhaps finding an excuse to touch her face.