I'll never be part of your world (The Returner and Redblood)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damien listened to the girl behind him but didn't answer in any manner. He carried on deeper and deeper into the garden until a small space showed in front of him. There was a narrow gate made of grown bushes that led to a small open space with fountain, benches and few flower beds. He went straight in there and pulled Anna in front of him, pushing her into the open space. He didn't push her roughly only hard enough to make her move quicker towards the centre where the fountain was. Damien himself stood by the gate which was the only entrance and exit. He was quiet for a few seconds.
"A joke is when both sides laugh and it doesn't hurt anyones pride or feelings," he told her not moving from his spot and ready to grab her if she would try to sneak past him. "Your jokes are funny, but they are rude just as well. Anyone different than me would have already punished you," oh how hard it was to explain such a thing without revealing that only vampires would do that. Without revealing that there WERE vampires at the school.
"We are going to stay here until you understand that and I don't care whether you're cold or tired. I don't care if you need a toilet or a tissue to wipe your nose. You are going to stay here...with me," he said, his voice firm.

She waited untill he finnished, she had calmed down and was now looking down in to the ground. She waited a bit before she answered, she tried to hide that she actually had gotten hurtend by his words. She tried to keep her voice calm but a bit irritation glanced threw it and she spoke so quietly almost she herself didn't here what she said.
"Pride is stupid" She stoped for a second befor looking up and screamed with a bit shaky voice to him "Without pride less people would die, I hate people and their stupid pride" Anna didn't noticed that her eyes had started to get teary, if she knew she hadn't looked up from the ground.
She started to shake, not because it was cold outside but because she was angry, and sad. She had already forgotten that she was scared.

Damien raised an eyebrow. He was surprised by her reaction. But it wasn't the fact that she was screaming again, it was the tone of her voice that set him off. He was looking at her as she was shaking although it was still warm outside. She tried to hold back something. Some feeling Damien guessed could be sorrow. He made a step forward then stopped himself. He was suppose to be strict with her and not rushing to comfort her.
"I don't know what has happened to you before but obviously it didn't teach you to change you behaviour," he said in a softer voice but still appearing firm. He knew that he was walking on a thin ice yet he risked it. If there was something that happened to Anna before, she would either tell him or not. There weren't many choices to pick from.

"You don't know anything about how I was before" She screamed louder, "I had more pride than you have in your toe, I shanged in everyway a human can change" She noticed that the tears were about to pour out, she looked down in the ground while trying to hold it in while she said calmly.
"I want to go to bed, out of my way" She didn't want to start crying in front of him, she hadn't cried in front of anyone since she was ten and she didn't want to change that now. She tested her luck and tried to push him away to go back to her dorm.

All the rest of Damien's anger pour out of his limbs when he actually realized that Anna was near to crying. He wanted to scare her, to be sorry for what she did but he never wanted her to cry. At least, not for something that hurt her deep inside. Yet, he didn't curse at himself and wasn't angry at what he had done. For some reason, this all seemed so natural to him, so familiar. As Anna tried to sneak past him, he reached out with his hand, wrapping it around her waist and gently pulling her towards his chest. No matter, how she resisted Damien used his strength just to get her into the hug. Once there, he wrapped his other arm around her shoulders, securing her in the embrace. He got the feeling like words were not needed at that point. However, he spoke nonetheless.
"I don't know what has happened but I can feel that it left you hurt deep inside. It still is a fresh wound, isn't it?" he whispered into her hair and stroke her back.

Anna tried to get out of his grip but in vain
"Let go of me" She said while hitting him, she knew that it wasn't his fault that she had started to cry, and she didn't want him to comfort her. "let go, let go, let go" She repeated and slowly stoped hitting him at the same times her tears started to fall down. After a minute she stoped trying to get away and just laid against his chest while crying out. She didn't try to stop crying anymore, she just let it out. Something she hadn't let herself do in a long time.
If he hadn't hold her up then she would have fallen to the ground. She felt so weak

He didn't get an answer though he didn't really care. Listening to her sobs, Damien was still stroking her back. There was a feeling growing stronger inside his chest. Something that felt familiar, something he ought to know. With a force of a thunder, he understood. The feeling was the one he felt earlier that day during the flasback. Now he knew who was protected. He held Anna closer to himself not only to support her limp body, but to assure himself that the feeling inside was real. It was. Yet, he still couldn't understand the reason why it all happened and what connection bond them together. Without any further thought, when Damien felt that Anna gave up and he was supporting her whole weight, he picked her up from the ground and with her in his arms he started to walk back towards the school.
As he was getting closer to the glass door, Isabel stood there, her expression worried. Damien just shook his head and Isabel respected, opening the door for them. By now, only few late night students were around the school. Damien met only one, who stepped out of his way once he saw him. You would say that carrying a girl up to third floor would exhaust anyone, yet for Damien it was easy. Not because he was a vampire, but because he had a reason for doing so. Getting into Anna's room wasn't hard because she forgot to lock the door. As they were inside, Damien put Anna down on her bed but didn't straighten up at first. He was bending over her in a protective posture.

Anna felt how Damien suddenly lifted her up, she didn't try to tell him off or get out of his grip, she just let him carry her. She didn't have the strenght to scream at him, but even if she had she wouldn't do it. She felt safe in his arms and didn't want him to let go of her, she didn't understand why she felt like that but she laid the guilt on that she was sad and needed someone right now.
He walked up the stairs, shouldn't he become tired of carrying her up the stairs? Weird guy. Anna had stoped sobing and now felt how heavy her eyes felt.
When he laid her down on the bed, Anna was already half asleep. She hold on to his shirt, not wanting him to go anywhere but she was so tired after crying so her arms fell down on the bed. Then she fell asleep.

As Anna's posture relaxed and her hand slipped of his sleeve, Damien was still bent over her for couple of minutes, studying her face. What was it that made her cry? Who hurt her so much? All those questions were running through his mind as he was watching her sleeping. However, Damien thought that she might feel his presence if he stayed too close so he went over to her desk and pulled out the chair, turning it over to face Anna's bed. As Damien was sitting down a sense of cognizace washed over him and he felt like another flashback was about to come. Nevertheless, nothing happened. Damien was still sitting in the darkened room with a sleeping girl in front of him. Putting his elbow on the table and supporting his chin by his palm, Damien was thinking of all the posibilities that might develop from this kind of friendship. He sat in the room 303 until midnight when he suddenly realized that there was something else he had to do. Without any further delay, Damien left the room.

The next day, Damien's schedule was pretty busy. He almost didn't have a proper pause for a snack or anything. He was running from one place to another. Well, if he hadn't subscribed to so many lectures, it could have been better. However, for the moment he had just five minutes he decided to spend outside. He got close to the PE hall which has training grounds outside as well and because it was sunny, the lesson was held outside. Damien heard laughter so he turned his head in that direction.

Anna woke up early and wasn't certain how much of what happend the day before had been a dream and reality. Had an elephant been in the garden? She wouldn't be surprised, this weird place had so much weird things. She sat up in the bed noticing she still had her clothes on, how had she come up to her room? She tried to remember what happend after Damien had pulled her out of the school in to the garden. Suddenly she froze, had she started crying? She let out a loud sight, how could she be so stupid?

Anna went up and looked in the mirror, her eyes was still a bit red after crying. She hoped no one would notice, but the only way for them not to notice was if they were blind. Well she just knew two people right now so if she didn't meet them the next hours then no one would probably say anything.

She fast finnished preparing herself and after eating breakfast she shanged her clothes to go to the PE lesson. She would probably screw up big time, she wasn't good at that kind of stuff at all. Annas first PE lesson was soccer, 'great' Anna thought 'the worst sport ever.' Ofcours she was chosen as one of the first to play. At least not Damien wasn't there to see her, he would probably laugh at her clumsyness.

A couple of minutes in to the game someone, a tall guy, passed the ball to her and ofcourse she missed it. No one could miss that easy ball, no one. It was the easiest pass in history, but she missed it. And on top of that she tripped on her own feets and fell to the ground. When she tried to get up she thought 'why me?' Some of the other students started to giggle a bit. Anna didn't blame them, she would have laughed herself if she didn't was on the ground. The guy that had passed her the ball run towards her
"are you okay?" He asked as he gave her a hand to help her up. She were about to look up at him but her gaze stoped halfway as she saw Damien a bit away. She wasn't sure if it was him or not because he was to far away for her to make out who it was, but something inside her told her that it was him. But then she stoped her thoughts, why would he be here? he have his own lessons. It's probably someone else.

She let her eyes keep going to the guy and took his hand.
"Thanks I'm okay" She said as he helped her up.

Damien's eyes made out every detail even for such a distance. However, he hadn't seen the fall itself only the part when Anna was on the ground and some other boy was running towards her. Damien lifted an eyebrow in surprise because the boy, unlikely the rest, offered Anna his help. Looks like she is making some friends, Damien thought and was happy for her. Maybe after all, she wouldn't be such an outcast. Nodding for himself, he stood at one place for a little longer just to see some more of the game. Yes, he noticed how Anna was clumsy, but on the other hand - who was perfect?

"Picking up your pairing, Dawn?" Damien's blood turned into ice. The person who spoke stepped next to him but Damien didn't need to look aside to know who it was. Gabriel. His whole appearance resembled the archangle after whom he got the name. Gabriel's height was the same as Damien's. His rival's hair was pitch black, his eyes cold grey. He depicted a sense of power yet noone would tell what a jerk that boy was. The two of them were not rival's just in the terms of appearance and girl fans, but also in influence over the vampires. Damien didn't reply; moreover, he fixed his gaze on Anna.

Anna gave up after half the game, she lied to the coach that she had hurtened her leg when she fell, for the fird time. The coach told her to sit down and relax for the rest of the game. She looked at them playing and sighted. Why did she need to be so clumsy? Maybe she was born with some kind of clumsy gene. She sat and thought about those kind of things the hole lesson untill it finally finnished.
She rose up from her place on the ground and started to walk back in to the school to change her clothes. They had gotten really dirty after falling so much, another reason why she didn't like outdoor sports.

Her next lesson would be music, she had studied music in her last school to. Mostly Piano and singing, but also guitar and a bit fluet. The most instrument she had played was easy to learn for her but piano was her favorite. She was already looking forward to the lesson and hoped she would get along with the others. She fast shanged her clothes and then walked to the music room, she looked carefully at the map of the school so she wouldn't go in to the wrong room. Even though she was good at maps, she was so nervous so she might make mistakes anyways.
But she got in to the right classroom at her first try.

Damien stood next to Gabriel for a few moments. Both silent yet Gabriel was watching Damien from the corner of his eyes. He could feel his gaze. Then, without any words of goodbye, Damien turned around and headed towards his next class. Arts. What he basically did there was only watching. He wasn't as much a student as an assistant to the teacher. He was sitting aside, examining every performance of each student. Taking notes and then sharing them with the teacher so that the tutor will be able to decide about a mark if needed. Finding the class wasn't that hard for Damien as he was living at the school for couple of years now. He was the first in there, apart from Mr. Budge, the teacher. They greeted one another, then Damien sat down in his chair, took out his notepad and pen. The class began to fill with students and suddenly Anna was there as well. Damien raised an eyebrow, however didn't comment it any further.
"Good morning class," said Mr. Budge and smiled at everyone. He was an old man who loved Mozart and was strictly against modern music.
"Today, we need to welcome a newcomer. A girl with an outstanding marks in arts, especially music," Mr. Budge advertised and his eyes settled on Anna. "Miss Anna Blue. Would you like to present us your skills?" he asked politely and motioned towards the piano. As for Damien, his eyebrow shot up even higher.

Anna got a bit embarrased when the teacher commented her outstanding marks in music and asked her to play something. Her cheeks got a litle red as she stood up from the seat she just had taken. She looked at Damien and tried to figure out why he was with the teacher instead of the rest of the class. Well, maybe she would get to know that later.

She sat down at the piano that was placed on the scene, and noticed that she was shaking a bit. She were used to perform on the stage but now she hadn't played piano for a while and that made her more afraid of doing it wrong. She took some deep breaths before starting. She played a song of Mozart, it was from the beginning written for four hands but she had written it over some years ago making it a new version of Mozarts work. You could clearly hear that it was Mozarts song but made for two hands instead of four.

When she finaly finnished it she was relieved, she hadn't made even one mistake. She first looked at Damien and then the teacher and try to see what they thought before they said anything.

Damien was listening throughout the performance, making occasional note. On the other hand, Mr. Budge's expression was astonished. Once Anna finished, there was a silence in the classroom. Deafening silence. All of a sudden, Mr. Budge started to clap his hands and a wide smile appeared on his face. He was amazed and didn't care to hide it.
"Brilliant!" Mr. Budge exclaimed and repeated the word few times after. Damien clapped his hands as well but not as vehemently as the others, his face more or less expressionless though deep inside he was in pretty much the same mood as the teacher. When Anna returned to her seat, Mr. Budge informed everyone that if every person playing the piano would be as good as Anna, then the world would be a happy place to live in. The topic for the rest of the lesson was Mozart. Once the bell went off and signalized the end of the lecture, most of the students surrounded Anna asking how was it that she was so great. Whereas Damien went over to Mr. Budge to share his notes with him.

Anna blushed even more when everyone started to clap, but she didn't really care that the teacher said that she was brilliant, she mostly looked towards Damien to see if his expression showed what he thought about it. It was as expressionless as always, it disapointed her a bit. She walked to her seat and got reason to blush a few times more when the teacher started to talk about her perfomance even more. But after some time he went to talk about Mozart instead, finally she could breath again.

But it didn't last long, at the end of the lesson everyone started to surround Anna asking her how she could be so great. She didn't think herself that she was so great, she had been playing piano since she was five, it was as easy as breathing to her. She liked being with people but she couldn't handle big crowds asking her questions. She stood there more embarrased than before trying to remember how to speak.
"Well, my mother is a pianist so she has taught me a lot." She finally were able to answer between the endless questioning. She tried to see what Damien was doing and finaly were able to see him, he was with the teacher again. Was he in the class to help the teacher? Anna really wanted to talk to him, but how was she supposed to get out of this damned crowed.

Damien was discussing Anna's performance with the teacher. Mr. Budge was all enthusiastic about it and thanks god that Anna was so good, Damien didn't have any bad thing to point out and even if he did, it wouldn't reach Mr. Budge's mind at that moment.
"I think that if she proves herself that good, I might have a good assignment for her," said the teacher and Damien looked a little bit surprised. It was known in public that Mr. Budge ran several projects that were usually presented in the Small Theatre. However, Damien couldn't think of any recent projects where Anna could fit. Maybe the teacher was about to start something new.
"Well, then i think she will be more than happy to participate," agreed Damien and then bid Mr. Budge goodbye and looked over at the star of the lesson who was still surrounded by the students. Damien walked calmly to the gathering and cleared his throat loudly enough for everyone to look at him.
"I think that the lesson is over and another is soon starting here again. So if you don't mind it would be the best if we all leave," Damien proposed in an even voice and everyone muttered their sorry and left. His eyes settled on Anna once again. He didn't know whether he should talk about what had happened the day before or whether he should praise her for the performance.
"Do you want to join me for lunch?" he asked after few seconds. Yes, he knew that he didn't have much time but on the other hand it would be rude just to say - hey Anna good job; and then leave. He felt responsible for her after yesterday.

Anna got relaxed as Damien made everyone leave the room, she thought she would suffocate by all their questions. She looked at him wondering if she should say something first and in that case, what should she say? I'm sorry for crying yesterday, What did you think about my performance? She couldn't think of anything to say. But suddenly he talked instead. She got surprised over his question, she didn't think he would like to talk to her after her PMS like outburst the day before.
"Yeah sure" She said short, trying not to joke around for once. She didn't want to get him angry right now by saying the wrong things so she were going to see how his mood were first.

She wondered if she should just ask him about what he thought about her performance, but maybe that would make her look like she was egoistic and just thought about herself. She decided not to ask about it, but hoped he would say something about it soon.
"By the way, why were you in there with the teacher the hole lesson? It didn't look like you were a student in that class" She asked, it had been on her mind since the start of the lesson so her curiousity was on its limits now.

"I am an assistant," he explained as they were walking towards the Dining Hall. Though, he knew that his short sentence couldn't explain much he carried on, "I exceled in arts as you did so instead of being a student the headmaster decided to make an assistant of me," he said leaving out the part that he could also keep an eye on human because some of the art student's blood was delicious; at least, other vampires said so. He didn't like pointing out whose blood would taste good but what else could he do? He had to obey. As they entered the hall it was half empty. Damien headed towards his usual place which was near the left wall. He didn't know why he liked it there.

"If you want you can get something over there," he pointed at one table with all the food on it. "I have my own," Damien added and sit down, putting his back on the chair next to him and placing his sandwich in front of him.

'So he are an assistant, then he must be really good' Anna thought to herself, she wondered how it would go if they would compete against eachother, or maybe do a duett together. No, that's not going to happen. She shoke of the thought as fast as it had showed up. He would probably overglance her immediately. She walked after Damien to a table near the left wall, she sat down in front of him.
"I don't eat lunch that often" She said as she sat down "Don't get me wrong, I don't try to starve myself or something like that, I just eat a big breakfast in the morning and then I eat a lot to dinner so I never feel hungry when it's time for lunch." She continued trying to defence herself, she was used to people telling her not to starve herself and saying things like 'you aren't fat so eat.' But she didn't care about her appearance enough to care if she were fat or not, she just wasn't hungry. But she often sat with people when they ate lunch to socialize.

Suddenly she remembered the night before and her cheeks turned a bit red. She wondered if she should say something about it, like apologizing about her behaviour. Ofcourse she didn't thought about her jokes or anything like that, she only thought about the fact that she suddenly broke down. But she didn't know how to start, but maybe if she didn't say anything then he wouldn't bring it up and then they would both forgett it in the end, maybe.

"Well if you became an assistant, then you must be really good. I don't think I could get in to such a high level" She said trying to avoid any uncomfortable subject. "I just average so getting to that level wouldn't be so easy I guess" She said totally serious, she didn't think about how they had said how brilliant she was in there. She always had thought she wasn't better than average.

Status
Not open for further replies.