I'll never be part of your world (The Returner and Redblood)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damien shook his head as if to refusing some idea he got. He gave Anna a warming smile that was promising something more. Soon after, his words confirmed the expression that his face gained. Taking in a deep breath Damien carried on talking.

"Yes, you've got a point and everyone who hears the first part of the story asks exactly the same," Damien pointed out and crossed his arms on his chest leaning back once more. "But the mystery hasn't ended yet. Not that we don't know how the decorations were made, we don't even know who the architect was nor who financed the project. Yet, there is a moment in a history, to be precise in one of the chronicles in our big library, which is in the last 5th floor, that mentions a name which is tightly bonded to this place for you can see how it reflects on almost everything," Damien made a dramatical pause. Sometimes he enjoyed a bit of showing off because amongst everyone, human or vampires, Damien was considered the one who knew the history of the school word by word. Ask him anything about VA and he would know it.

"It was Vlad the Impaler," he said at last not hesitating but carrying on. "This place wasn't his residence at all, yet it is believed that he visited this mansion several times. Have you seen the portrait in the corridor?" Damien asked and waited for Anna to either affirm him or not. "Well, when you'll have some time go back there, look at it and consider the resemblance of the man to Vlad's appearance," a tiny smirk of cleverness could have been visible on his face.

(OoC: I know it is pretty lame but I couldn't think of anything else :( )

His face made her understand that he were going to continue, but he waited a bit before doing so. Anna almost exploded of curiousity, couldn't he just say it already. Finally, he took a deep breath and started to talk. Anna listened carefully and got slowly closer and closer to him like she listend to a breath taking secret. Suddenly it came a dramatical pause and Anna suddenly realised how close she had gotten to him and backed a bit. She pierced him with her eyes, waited for him to continue, she almost jumped up and down like a child saying "continue, continue, continue" but ofcourse she didn't do that.
Finally he kept going without any hesitation, he were so in to his story so he didn't even wait for her to answer his question. She didn't remember the picure but would defenitely go back and see it later. Even though it was small she saw that he smirked.

"You should tell ghost storys, you could probably scare the shit out of people" she joked and rose up from the chair. "Well some misterys aren't meant to be solved." She said a bit more serious and looked at him "But I at least know what I will try to do on boring rainy days" She continued and stood with her hands behind her back "Shall we continue the tour? Maybe there is more exciting storys about this place that you know about?" She smiled and even though she stood completely still, her smile showed how jumpy she was to move on to more interesting things in the building.

Even Damien noticed how close Anna got during his story-telling yet he didn't pay that much attention. "Well, this whole place is full of ghosts. I don't really need to scare people more than they are," Damien added, saying the last part in a whisper which was conflicting to Anna's joke. Afterwards, he stood up as well and carried on walking towards the door where they headed at first. It didn't take them long when they entered a completely different looking place.

"This is the main study room," Damien introduce and moved towards the centre of the room, moving zigzag-like between each cubicle where a modern computer could have been found. In each cubicle there also was a small printer, scanner and other gadgets you might need while studying. However, it was hard to say how big exactly the whole study room was because it was full of these separated spaces. It could have been considered maze as well. In the centre of the room there was a round desk behind which four members of staff where standing and helping students.

"Whenever you need to ask them about something in terms of electronics they will know. You can also bring your own laptop if its broken and they will fix it for you," he said and jerked his head towards one student who was just collecting his fixed gadget. "Oh and they also hold the list of every book at school so if you can't find something ask them and they will tell you in which library it is and where exactly it is," Damien added. However, he didn't think that this place was anyhow interesting for Anna so as soon as he thought it good, he turned around and walked towards a glass door at the end of the room. Behind this set of door, an enormous garden could have been seen.

Anna froze a bit when he said that the place was haunted, not because she believed it but because he thought that she would believe it. She looked at him as he started to walk towards the door. "Seriously, ghosts? Yeah sure, I will believe it when you show me one" She said with confidence, she was certain he would try to scare her sometime because of that comment but she wouldn't let him have the fun to watch her scared. She half runned to Damien so he wouldn't need to stop and wait her in and then went on his left side.

They walked in to a big room, the maind study room Daimen said. She would probably go there everyday, this was the only kind of places where she could concentrate properly. She was a bit unhappy about not taking a notebook with her, she wanted to write down what he said if she would forgett something. But so far she remembered everything, so it probably wouldn't be a problem. She was glad about him ending it in that room fast because she really just needed the basic and the rest was mostly boring to her.

Then they walked towards a glass door, it lead to an enormous garden. Once again Anna got stunned and couldn't think anything else than "seriously, this school is way to big." She didn't notice before afterwards that she actually had said it out loud. She whispered to herself "damn it" and look up from the floor which she had looked down to in shame, she looked up at Damien to see if he were going to make fun of her or pretend that she hadn't said anything.

Damien looked at Anna first with an astonishment then he smiled. He knew that it will take her some time to get used to the luxury and the space in an out of the school but after all everyone got used to it. However, he didn't comment it any further. Opening the door, so Anna could walk through first, a breeze brushed past his head playing with his hair. His smile widened at the sensation and his eyes narrowed a bit like a cat would do when it is pleased. Damien closed the door behind him and looked aroun the garden which wasn't that busy at all because most of the student had either a lesson or were in the library or study room. Yes, it was true that this garden was basically waste of space for keeping up with the studies consumed most of the time for everyone. In terms of the appearance of the outside, anything someone wished for or could have imagined was there. There were flower beds of different colors, sizes and types. Bushes cut into various shapes. Two small fountains could have been heard and seen. Benches were situated on the edges of pathways. Some of them occupied but most of them empty.

"As you probably guessed this is the school garden," Damien said only to fill the silence that rose between them. "More to the left there are tennis courts and football pitches and also a PE hall," Damien added and waited for Anna to move or say something.

He didn't say anything about it and kept going. When he opend the door she felt a breeze, not to hot, not to cold, it was just a prefect temperature. She walked threw the door with Damien close after her, she heard him closing the door but she didn't turn around to look if he had gone out with her or not, she pressumed he was with her and if he wasn't she could always look around herself. It wasn't that many students in the garden as Anna had thought it would be.
Anna looked fascinated on the flower beds while listening to the sounds of the fountains that were a bit away. It was like a litle paradise in the middle of the school. Damien spoke and Anna suddenly realised that she had forgotten that he excisted for a slight moment. It made her giggle a bit, she had thought about him this hole time then all of a sudden she get out in the garden and forgets his existense. First then she realised how tired she was after traveling the hole way to the school, she was so tired so she could laugh at anything. She already knew that she would fall asleep as fast as she saw her bed, she would probably not even get in to the bed first.

But she decided to first finnish the tour around the school, she maybe wouldn't get the chance to be alone like this with Damien again and she really enjoyed his company. Anna looked at Damien for some seconds before saying "Well then I know where I won't go, I hate sports" She laughed and looked up at the sky "What will you show me next?" She asked and kept looking at the few clouds that passed by on the blue sky.

Damien smiled. "Well, that is going to be hard because PE is compulsory for everyone," he said and looked at the sky as well. The clouds resembled little sheep, they were all fluffy. However, he didn't hold his gaze upwards for too long and soon shifted his eyes on Anna. She looked relaxed yet a little bit tired. Damien didn't plan to show her anymore even if she wasn't tired because the whole tour would take more than a day anyway.

"I think that we should end it here for today. The school is bigger than it looks and showing you everything would only exhaust you so you wouldn't be able to concentrate on tomorrow's lessons," he said still smiling. "However, if you need any help in the future or you would have a question you'd like to ask, you can come and find me and I will try to answer," he added, indicating that the tour is over and if Anna wouldn't need him, he would leave.

"nooo" Anna said disapointed even if she already had thought that PE would probably be a class she was forced to take. She kept looking upwards on the clouds untill Damien started to talk again, she could almost feel how he looked at her before he started to talk, but maybe it was just her whishfull thinking that tricked her.

"Wouldn't be able to concentrate" she imitated shildishly "since when have I been able to concentrate on lessons" She asked. She had good grades and was good in school but she had never concentrated on a lesson.
"Somehow it feels like you want to get rid of me" she continued with a serious face, looking deeply in to his eyes. Then she laughed a bit and smiled "Well then I should leave and unpack my things, see ya around" She said and started to go back. Then she turned around towards him again and said "Thanks for the tour, by the way on my PE lessons in my last school I got an A when we had orienteering test, I was the best in my class at reading maps" She blink with her right eye to him and kept walking to her room.

She made him speechless and for the first time since he took her under his wings, he wanted to kick her out of the safe place just as fast. Gritting his teeth he turned around and went deeper into the gardens. How could she?! Even though, she might have meant it as a joke, she upset Damien. He was able to tolerate teasing upto some level but this went too far.

"I see that you're not feeling yourself," he heard a girls voice but didn't have to turn around for he knew who was speaking. Relaxing a little bit, Damien turned around at last to look at his best friend amongst vampires, Isabel. He gave her a weak smile and nodded. Yes, he wasn't feeling really good but that she already knew. All she did and that helped him to ease his tension was a single stroke on his cheek. Her hand was cold as always but that didn't bother him. Giving Isabel another smile he touched her hand which was still on his cheek and gripped it gently. Isabel was only half-head smaller than him. Her eyes were the same color as his though her hair was wavy carrying the color of night. Her body was just perfect and the uniform she wore made it even more visible.

"She got under you skin quite quickly as far as I can tell," added Isabel after few moments of silence and dropped her hand to the side. Damien answered with a sight and then told her everything without hesitation. He described as he got the flashback, the feeling that gripped him afterwards and all the rest not leaving out how Anna treated him when they parted. Throughout his confessions Isabel's eyes began to be more and more sparkling, her mouth made a thin line as she tried hard not to laugh. Damien noticed it and a frustrated noice escaped his mouth. Turning around, he strode away from her. However, she caught up with him quickly apologizing for not controling herself better. He accepted it. Both of them were walking together for another hour or so before even they parted, promising each other to meet up before dinner.

The rest of the day then passed quickly for Damien. He spent most of it in the big library, in the history section. The reason for it was that as he introduced Anna to the mystery of the mansion, it reminded him of something he yet had to understand properly. He got deep into his research that when he realized what the time was, he was already running late for his meeting with Isabel. Closing the book and putting it back in a row, Damien sprinted down the stairs avoiding every obstacle in his way. He only slowed down once he was at the heel of the stairs, looking around for his friend.

Anna went to her room, now she was really tired. Her head felt fuzzy and she wasn't certain what she had been doing untill now. She were able to find her room even though she was so tired and when she got in she didn't even give the bag a single look. She throwed the bags down on the floor and laid down on the bed, then she fell asleep.

She woke up first some hours later and then she gave a the clock a fast look.
"Holy shit, it's already dinner" She said to herself, angry that she hadn't set an alarm or something like that. As she was about to leave her room she saw in the mirror that her hair was a completely mess. She fast brushed it and then left her room. When she was outside of the room and started to walk to the dinner hall she remembered the conversation with Damien in the garden. She stoped in the midle of a step
"Oh my god, I'm such an idiot" She said to herself thinking that she shouldn't have acted like that. She really said idiotic stuff when she was tired, she should have told him when she started to get tired that she needed to go to bed. 'I need to apologise' she thought to herself.

She went down the stairs, looking around to see if she could see Damien anywhere. She both wanted to see him to apologise and on the same time she didn't want to if he was really angry at her. She stood beside the heel of the stairs to see if she could see him anywhere, she would probably run away if she saw him, she was so ashamed right now. When she stoped looking around and were about to go in to the dinning hall she heard someone run in the stairs, she turned around and saw how Damien stoped just two steps away from her. She tried to think about what she should do, she should go forward and talk to him but he hadn't noticed her yet. Well if he hadn't noticed her then she could leave pretending she hadn't seen him. She started to walk to the dinning hall again and tried to ignore the feeling of guilt. She was so ashamed right now so she blushed and she didn't want him to see it.

As Damien was searching the room for Isabel, his eyes caught a glimpse of Anna. He narrowed his view and confirmed to himself that it was her. Once more, anger gripped his inners and he clenched his teeth. All of a sudden, he felt a light touch on his arm.

"Easy boy," said Isabel and smiled at him and Damien did as he was told. He apologized to Isabel but she just waved her hand saying that she came late as well. Afterwards, she hung her arm into his and in that manner both of them started their journey to the dinning hall. A lot of students were looking at them for they triggered an impression of respect and grandeur. Damien ignore them. However, Isabel regarded people around with a smile whereas Damien's expression was unreadable.

Like that, they entered the hall together. Unlikely, in the previous room, students in there were too occupied with their food. Yes, there were some who turned their head and gave them quick glance but that was it. They found free places by a table and sat down. Every dinner was the same, there were plates with food and students could take whatever they wanted and how much they wanted.

Anna got away smoothly, she turned around to see so Damien hadn't notice her and was going after her. But he wasn't. Anna started to breath, she almost hadn't dared to breath as she run away from him. But she knew that she needed to apologise some time.
She went in to the dinning hall, which was so crowded so even if she saw Damien how would she be able to talk to him? He was probably already bussy with his friends anyways. She took a plate with food and went to a table, she had a hard time deciding where to sit, she didn't know anyone else than Damien and he was probably pissed of on her right now. She sat down at a table were another girl sat, Anna recognised the girl vague, she had probably seen her in the corridor. Anna sat quietly and ate her food, she was almost always talkative, except when she ate, all her friends on her previus school had commented that to her.

"How do you know him?" The girl suddenly asked her, Anna looked up from her food to see two big eyes starring at her. She understood fast that it was Damien she was talking about. She could almost hear the girls thoughts 'why did he talk to her? she isn't more attractive than me'
Anna thought for a moment if she should just flee away from there or try to talk to the girl and it ended with her talking.
"I thought he looked lonely so I just wanted to sheer him up a bit" Anna said and then kept eating again. The girl asked Anna thousends of questions the next thirty minutes which then changed in to 'normal' girl talk.

The girl whose name was Kristine, followed Anna to the stairs when they were finnished talking an hour later and there they departed. Anna had totaly forgotten about Damien at this point.

Damien spent the whole dinner in presence of Isabel and his other friend that Anna met before, the blond boy. Actually, his name was Chris. Chris, Damien and Isabel made sort of a trio. They shared the same interests, passions and origin. Also, they knew each other for a long time. However, Chris and Isabel departed sooner than Damien expected and he was a little bit sad for that but this mood passed quickly when his mind got occupied with his research again. Suddenly, he realized how late it got and that he was almost one of the last ones in the dining hall. Finishing the rest of his food, Damien stood up and walked to the main hall. Immediately, his eyes set on Anna. For some strange reason, he was able to spot here everywhere. By that time his anger subsided a little bit so he was sure that he wouldn't chastise her like a five-year-old. She wasn't facing him and so Damien sneaked behind her back.

"You finally got the strength to wait and apologize to me?" he said, his voice firm and strict.

Anna almost jumped up in the roof when Damien came up behind her. She turned around and saw him standing so close they could feel eachothers breath's. Both that and his words made her blush, it was worse than the time when she just saw him. 'So embarrasing' She thought to herself.
"I'm really sorry about before" She said so fast so she stumbled on the words, it made her blush even more and made her look like a tomato. "I don't know what happend, I was tired and didn't really think about what I was saying, I'm really sorry" She said without slowing down. She looked down in the floor really ashamed of herself. Without raising her head she tried to look up at him to see how he reacted. "I understand if you hate me and never want to talk to me again, I'm really really really really really sorry" She said before waiting on an answer.
Her heart beated so fast so she thought it would jump out her chest any second.

Damien's face was unreadable. He was satisfied for scaring Anna as well as he was happy that he could sense nervousness in her reactions. She ought to be sorry because the way she treated him was disgraceful. When she fell silent, Damien said nothing at first. He was only looking deep into her eyes. All of a sudden, Damien straightened up to his full high, standing over Anna like a mountain.

"Next time think better before you talk. If it wasn't me or someone else, you wouldn't get away with it so easily," he said in an even voice and meant it. If it was another vampire, Anna would probably be in big danger for most of the male vampires were too concerned about their pride. Still looking into her eyes, Damien waited for her reaction.

Annas mind went blank for some seconds looking at Damien, she was forgiven that easily?
"Your weird, any other guy would have tortured me for at least a week before forgiving me." She said starring confused at him, she was certain he would at least lecture her before letting it go.
"Here I have gone around in two hours thinking that you would kill me the next time we saw eachother and then you didn't even yell at me. You fail at being angry" She said in a blaming tone while putting her arms in over her breast and shaking her head. "Your way to gentlemanly" She continued and sighted. Her feelings of shame had gone away when she knew that they were even and she got in to her usual pattern of joking about everything.

So she wanted him to be angry. Well, this little youngling should get what she wanted. Damien's teeth clenched as well as his hands formed fists. His eyes were suddenly filled with anger. He grabbed both of Anna's arms and pulled her so close to him that their noses were almost touching.
"So you would like me to chastise you?" he growled through his clenched teeth, his eyes casting lighting. However, his grip wasn't too tight to hurt Anna but it was firm enough not to give her a slight chance to wriggle out. The strangest thing was that whoever was in the hall didn't pay them any attention. Like they didn't even exist. Damien lost words. He didn't know how to express himself better so he let go of one of Anna's arm and by pulling her behind him he headed towards the garden. His grip didn't lose any of its force. His pace was quick, his posture threatening.

"AAH" Anna wasn't ready at all on Damiens reaction so when he took her arms and pulled her closer, she let out a small scream, more because of surprise than of fear. He let go of one of her arms and pulled her to the garden, Anna tried to get out of his grip, but he was to strong. She started to scream at him with angry voice
"Oy, let go, what the fuck are you thinking?" She really didn't thought he had any reason to be angry anymore, was he just going to scare her? She was more angry right now than scared, why was he acting like a five year old all of a sudden when she had only joked around a bit. She didn't understand him at all. She kept strugling, trying to get out of his grip, she thought about biting him but that would probably put her in more trouble.

After her question, Damien stopped abruptly and faced her again, his expression pretty much the same.
"What am I doing? You should question that yourself," he said his voice unnaturaly calm. He was standing in one place, holding only one of her hands. It was getting darker outside and the garden was deserted. If she just knew! Yes, he wanted to scare her, to warn her! He knew at that moment that the way he chose wasn't the best one, but she just asked for it so he decided to give it to her.
"Do you know what it means to be polite? Do you know how to treat a person who gives a helping hand? No, you don't! You bit my whole arm of and now you are asking me what I am doing?!" his speech was said in no more than a whisper with an undertone of urge. Damien straightened up once more.
"I am going to give you a lecture on how you should behave in this school in order to preserve your dignity and life," he added and strode down the pathway again.

Anna got both pissed of and a bit scared when he talked to her in that calm tone. She wouldn't let him scare her, no way, she wouldn't let herself become scared of him, he wouldn't do her anything, not on school grounds.
"I'm sorry, that you can't take a joke" She said sourly and starred angry in to his eyes. "Yes I know what it is to be polite, but where I come from we at least know what a joke is" She shouted at him "Let go of me you, you" She didn't know what to call him, pervert was the wrong word, he hadn't done anything like that to her and idiot didn't feel right either so she didn't continue on the sentence.
She tried her hardest to get out of his grip but still couldn't
"I will bite you if you don't let go" She threatened, she knew herself that it wasn't the best threat but she started to get scared of him. But she wouldn't show it to him, he wanted her to be scared, that's why she wouldn't give it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.