I'll Hold the Roses

She stopped crying the moment he touched her. Good, she hadn't done anything wrong. She bit her lip and shifted awkwardly, "Well, he made it my fight the moment he involved me... I-I won't get hurt because of you..." She didn't know why she said that. It just seemed like the right thing to say. The next phrase was completely unintentional. She just said it. "I'll protect you." Her body stiffened when she realized what she had said. That was not something a normal human would say, even if she meant it. She doubted he even noticed the lack of attacks since she had fallen. She would protect him, from anything and everything if necessary.

He paused and stared at her when she said those three words "I'll protect you" a part of him wanted to laugh. Another part of him wanted to believe her. Yet..another part of him wanted to cry. Those were one of the last few words that he had been able to say to his sister before she had left the world. He swallowed hard and let out a slow breath and fought the tears back before they could pool into his eyes. He just gave her a weak smile and shook his head "..I suppose he did make it your fight when he got you involved.." He wiped at his eyes quickly and let out another slow breath "..as for you protecting me..don't worry about it..I know you mean well but..there's not much to be done..besides..it's better off if I face these battles myself..it's my past that's haunting me not yours..and I know I've said it probably a hundred times by now but I'll say it again..I don't want you to get hurt because of my past and my mistakes..its not right."

At that moment, when she saw his split second of weakness, Acacia became overwhelmed with the need to keep him safe. She bit her lip and jumped forward, wrapping her small arms around him. "You don't need to hold your demons back by yourself, Jason. Not anymore."

She knew it was inappropriate. She knew she was pushing the boundaries. And yet, something about it felt so right to her. The human emotion of love wasn't nearly as painful as she had always thought. Now, she felt it's reality. She gripped him tighter. "Now, I will carry a little bit of that for you and if I get hurt in the process," she looked up at him, tears in her eyes, but a smile on her face. "I guess I have no choice but to take it."

• Love
Reactions: Andy
Jason tensed up as soon as she had wrapped her arms around him. He held his arms up and looked down at her in surprise. ooookaay...why is she hugging me? He thought to himself. He hardly knew this girl and yet all in the same day he had told her a few things about his past he hadn't told anyone else, they ran into a member of his old gang he was about to save her but then she kicked the guys ass one her own, and now she was hugging him and telling him that she was going to protect him and be there for him? Yeah..he could chalk this day up under the category of "weirdest days to ever happen" He just stared down at her as she told him that she would be there for him. He didn't really know what to say. While he would appreciate someone being there for him. He didn't want to see anyone get hurt it was one of the things he could never forgive himself for if because of him someone else got hurt. "Acacia.." it was the only thing he could say. The only thing he could think to say.

She pulled away, wiping the tears from her maroon eyes. "Sorry, I can get a little emotional sometimes. Not quite used to it yet," she paused, her eyes widening a bit. Did her understand what she meant? Why did she slip up like that? "W-well. Um... I... I better get going. Here," she pulled out a pen and grabbed his hand. "This is where I work." She scribbled down the cafe's name, her hand shaking a bit. It was strange writing in English. "Come by if you ever want to talk or if you need a cup of coffee or something. We have the best around."

Acacia offered him a nervous smile before skirting around him and hurrying away, her heart pounding in her chest and her scars aching on her back.

Reactions: Andy
He just stared at her the entire time unsure of what to say or do. He gently took the paper from her hands and the next thing he knew she was gone walking away from him out if embarrassment that much he did know. He looked down at the cafes name on the paper she gave him and rubbed the back of his head before he started walking home his mind still in a slight daze with everything that just happened