I'll Be Your Hero (Mae Renea & Charlise)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't show it, but for once he was shocked. Kyle had never met someone who hadn't fallen to Elias's charm. He chuckled at the thought. 'Nice going, brother.' He thought. "He can be a dick. It's almost embarrassing to say the least." He took one last hit of his Maverick before flicking it into the street. "Thanks, by the way." He didn't go further than that. He never thought of his music as Good as people had told him. He was very modest. And to him there was always better. He focused more on whether or not people understood the message of his music, not just the compilation of instruments. "You seem rrally into your music. That song must have great signifcance and reality." Alot of that song had been similar to his and Elias's lives, but he was sure she didnt care to now that.

"Oh she's mine." He mumbled to himself as he followed Aqua to the counter. Elias loved it when they played coy. It gave him a challenge. He loves challenges and competition. When he caught up with her, he kept on his dashing smile. "What if it was the other way around? What if I kept you coming back for more? Could you handle that?"

Baylee nodded, "It's a song that means a lot to me." She told him, glancing through the window to see Aqua still talking to Eli, "As for the thing about your sibling I can relate," she gestured to the window, "But I wouldn't go as far as saying Aqua is a bitch, that's my job." She said with a shrug, a not real smile playing with her lips.

Aqua gave a giggle before looking him over, "Is there something to handle?" She smirked lightly, her blue eyes teasing. She had to admit, playing this way really did wonders. She didn't understand why Baylee never used it for a little bit of fun, she was a natural at blowing guys off. Of course Aqua wasn't so grumpy about it.

"Well at least your sister seems modest. There's a difference between just being goofy to just plain old stupid. But like you said, that's my job." He look at her with the shortness of a chuckle. He liked joking about Elias. He didn't have anybody to really joke to about him but of course, him. Is was nice to see that he could relate to someone else. He made a mental note not to dwell on it, though. "But I know a lot about writing music that's personal, saying something and wondering whether or not the world would know what the hell you were talking about." He turned to face her. "Have you been writing for as long as you've been playing?"

Elias laughed. This was some good entertainment for him. "Something to handle? Well I could show you better than I could tell you." As he spoke, Redd approached him from behind the bar. Elias winked at him. Redd just shook his head and asked: "Your usual, Eli? Where's Ky?"
"He's probably outside having a smoke, you know the routine. Hey Redd, have you met this sexy singer here?" He gestured to Aqua.
"Of course I have. I know everyone who's performed at my place of business. How are you doing, young lady?" Redd asked as his usual 'father' smile spread across his face. "Redd, her next rounds of coffee or whatever she's getting is on me." Elias added. Redd leaned to him so that only Elias could hear him. "You mean on your brother? He's the one with the tab here, not you."
"So what? He knows I'll pay him back, just do it."

Aqua gave a soft giggle shaking her head at Eli, "Its awfully sweet of you," she said sweetly before smiling at Redd. "I'm good Redd, Daddy sends his regards. He is away on business," she said. Its very well known the Alezander Novikov was a very well known business man and one of the cities well known politicians. Aqua rarely spoke to her father anymore, unless through E-mail. She pushed her blonde hair back, her face going a bit pink. She felt awkward flirting with someone in front of her elders, its a respect thing. Her fingers where wrapped together in a fist, she looked innocent if her shirt didn't say "SEX, SEX, SEX!" in big neon letters. Its not like everyone is going to recognize 3OH!3.

Baylee gave a half chuckle before the conversation steered to something more personal, she nodded, "I been writing before I got taught actually. Started off poems." She said before giving a half shrug, "As for wondering if the listeners will know what your talking about its impossible.." She stated before going into depth what she means, "Each word means at least a thousand others to the writers. Our meanings to the songs doesn't tell- show the stories that they actually mean." She said with a slight nod. She wasn't sure if he thought of it that way but thats how she thought of it, it may be because only Aqua knows her real story.

Elias shook his head playfully at Redd who glared back at him. Redd was the guy who gave Kyle advise when he needed it and a good butt-kicking to Elias when he needed it. All in all he was like a father to them, although they already one genetically.
Elias was beginning to get restless. It rarely ever took him this long to get what he wanted. He wanted to get out of there; partially because the mention of fathers was a topic he didn't really care for but mainly because he wanted to take Aqua home. HE stood off of the stool ans moved closer to her. "Seriously, lets get out of here. Just have a good time, the world is ours. What do you say?"

'You sound like my grandmother.' that's what he wanted to say, but he couldn't get the words out of his throat. His grandmother had been the sole reason Why he continued to write. After he'd left his parents the first time he vowed to never write again. She convinced him to change his mind and it had been the best decision he ever made. Baylee had been right on all accounts. People would never dully understand. But then again, was writing just for the listener? Of course not. But what could he say now?
"I think your thousand words are similar to mine."

Aqua chuckled and tilted ger head slightly, "Alright," she finally agreed. "Let me get my coat," she said waving to Redd as she went to the table her and Baylee was sitting at. She picked her guitar and coat up before she turned to make her way back to Elias. He was a smooth talker, charming like most players.

Baylee bit her bot to lip, now it went too personal for her liking. "Maybe," she whispered, suddenly the bass getting to heavy for her to keep on her back. "One minute" She said running to the car, using the keys to unlock her trunk to place the bass inside. She usually kept the keys, mainly because Aqua would forget and keep her stranded if a guy picked her up. She closed the trunk, making her way back to Kyle.

Elias sighed in reassurance. Bingo. His plan had been in effect. He grabbed his drumsticks from off of their table. Then he turned to her and nodded towards the direction of Kyle's car, wrapping his arm around her shoulder as they walked.
Kyle had just opened his mouth to speak when he caught sight of Elias and Aqua. Instantly his mood had changed to automatic irritation. When he saw the nature of their physical connection, he rolled his eyes. 'Not again.' He thought. Not only was Elias doing his usual shenanigans but for once Kyle was having a pleasant conversation. Now it was over.
"Hey Ky! Dude I so need a favor."
"And the answer is No. I need my car, I'm driving myself to work. I can't be late again." He knew that was coming. Kyle was disgusted, and Elias looked at him as if to say that Kyle was cramping his style. He was so embarrassed, completely avoiding Baylee's eye contact.

Aqua blushed with embarrassment, she could offer them using her car, easier to get off in the morning. She had to work too. She looked to Baylee with her deep blue eyes, "No," Baylee clearly stated, "I am not being left here. I know you and I know how you like fun in the car, its gross. Your not going to his place, you don't even know where it is and he is not coming to our house, I sleep there." Baylee knew she sounded like a mom but no... Just no... Baylee was actually getting put in a good mood until now. She crossed her arm, glancing at Kyle feeling kind of bad for going off like that about his brother. Aqua bit her bottom lip standing still before looking at Eli, "If your still interested I get off at four." She told him, pecking his cheek before she ran over to the car. Was a very embarrassing situation. Baylee shook her head and sighed before she began walking to the car.

Eli opened his mouth to say goodbye, but once againthe words escaped him. He just have a small wave of his hand before turning to Elias.
"Really?"
"What? Dude seriously, you couldn't just give me a break? She was freakin' hot! She was all over me."
"Probably because she doesn't know you. Besides I'm testing tomorrow and I fail if I'm late. Let's just get out of here."
"Kyle you just completely cock-blocked me."
"Do people still say that?" What Kyle wanted to say was that Elias had been the one interrupting him. Kyle felt like that conversation was one that he would never have again, as small as it had been. He made his way to the trunk, putting his guitar inside. Both boys got in and Kyle drove off.
"Honestly Eli, do you ever get tired of this same routine? Like What's wrong with just one girl?" Elias squinted his eyes as he looked at Kyle. "You can't be serious. Ky Wwhy would I do something so stupid? I like choices. Variety. I can't help if they can't keep their hands off me."
"Whatever, Elias." There were just some things they would never agree on. Kyle came to that conclusion as he drove.

Baylee let Aqua drive, she was angry. "You know he was going to use you, right?" She growled, hitting the dashboard. "Why do you let men do that!? Or do that to men for that matter."
"Baylee, stop. I know what I was doing."
"Do you?!"
"Baylee quit yelling at me," she said still so calmly.
"Aqua," she sighed, "I just get worried about you. One day you at going to mess around and its going to be someone that steals your heart and he won't want that."
"Rich! I'm not like you!" Aqua snapped, Baylee instantly fell quiet and turned to the window. Aqua glanced over, "I didn't me-" It was too late she fell silent as she began thinking. Baylee wasn't so scared of relationships and boys, she did fall in love once. The boy played with her heart but trust someone too much you will see what a mistake that was. Baylee knew not every guy was like that and she tried not to classify it that way. She thought it was just wrong for Aqua to play and get played but disregard what could happen to her or them in the process. It didn't take long for them to pull up in the apartment complex, Baylee got the instruments as they went to their home, B13.

Elias came in ahead of Kyle, throwing his drumsticks on their wooden entrance table. Kyle closed the door behind him. They both keot quiet. Classic routine for the Palmer boys. Important issues werent talked about in their house. They would just wake up and go about their day as if they hadnt had an argument the night before. Elias, after stopping in the kitchen to grab a bottled water, he went straight for his room not bothering to say goodnight.
'Fuck.' He thought to himself as he fell onto his bed. He knew he and Kyle would never get along when it came to Elias and his appetite. Shame that Kyle would never understand. Elias didn't just like sex. It was almost a need for him. He had a hunger for it that had often consumed him. It was as if to not have it actually hurt him. He knew Kyle wouldn't understand. But still he needed to do something.

The girls came in, putting the instruments up. Aqua debated talking to Baylee abut Baylee wasn't one to express emotions. With a sigh Aqua got her some juice before checking her phone to see if her father E-Mailed, called, or anything. Of course he didn't, too busy on business or with his wife that was only seven years older than his own daughter. Baylee went to her room, she had to take a shower and like many girls she enjoyed singing in the shower. At least it would calm her, yet, she craved cigarettes or pot... Pot sounded amazing too. She closed her eyes as she walked into the bathroom, that was in the hallway.

The water rushed down her back has she felt the scars on her hips unconsciously. Tears she wouldn't shed threatened to escape her eyes, she only blinked them away with a sigh. She let herself trust the wrong man, she couldn't see why Aqua didn't try trusting the right men. Then again Baylee didn't trust anyone. Man or woman. Aqua no longer had to thrive for attention but she still attempted.

Kyle had just finished rolling when he heard a knock on his door. "Yea." He called out as he grabbed his favorite red lighter from his nightstand. Elias came in, closing the door behind him. He made his way to Kyle's bed and sat down. "Mind sharing?"
"What? We're just gonna hit and passed like always o r are you gonna actually say what you wanna say?" Kyle asked turning to him. Neither brother had been Good at saying what they felt. The only thing that saved them was the fact that they new each other too well to ever lie. So they always tried the push the truth out of each other. Elias hadn't replied, so Kyle kept speaking after he lit and took the first hit.
"I forget sometimes."
"I know. I do, too."
"How could you forget something like that, Eli?"
"The same way you forget what you did." He took the blunt from Kyle's fingers and took a hit.
"That's different."
"How, Ky? How is that different?"
"I couldn't control it. I just...I reacted and I...." he didn't know what else to say. If it hadn't been for Elias telling him, he still wouldn't have known what he had done.
"You were defending me. I get it. Let's just fucking drop it, okay?"
"Eli..."
"Drop it, Kyle!" His eyes burned into Kyle's. The room fell silent as smoke filled the air. After a moment they just kept puffing and passing, leaving the conversation where it lay.

The rest of the night wasn't very talkative. Baylee was pretty much quiet anyways, if anything they spoke about finding a dealer because they where out of weed and Aqua wasn't with the guy anymore. Well, that's not the only conversation they had, the most important conversation was when Aqua hugged Baylee before bed. That was the important conversation, in just a hug Baylee knew Aqua was sorry and Baylee knew she didn't mean it. It's hard to bounce back from the first person you ever cared about raping you. Aqua may have bot went through it but she understood. Baylee's lack of sex was to protect her heart and Aqua's thrive for sex was just her way of trying for attention. After the hug they both went to bed, stayed awake until at least two, woke up and Aqua went to work after dropping Baylee off at the College Center, after class was when Baylee would ride the bus to work... She just had to get through classes first.

Kyle had finally made his way to the campus center. With his testing out of the way he could focus more on the music he'd been working on. He stopped at the front desk as always, signing in and grabbing a pass. His tests had been early, which gave him the rest of the day to lose himself in his music and thoughts. Currently his thoughts had been on only one thing, and to his surprise that one thing was entering the front doors of the campus center.
He had no idea that Baylee was a college student, let alone that she attended Summerset. He froze there a moment, debating his next move. After last night he hadn't expected to ever see her again. Low and behold, there she was.
He pondered for a few seconds before his feet moved against his will. He slowly walked over to her, taking in her appearance as he did so. He saw something that had been slushy different that. Last night. He couldn't point it out, and he gave night effort to try. Instead, he just greeted her. "Hi."

Baylee pushed her short hair away from her face, not that her bangs stayed. Through her free left eye she seen the area around her, she barely noticed Kyle walking to her. She furrowed her brow for a moment in thought before she looked him over, "Kyle right?" She asked, pushing her hair back again so her greenish-blue hues where shown. "Um, sorry about last night." She said, rubbing her arm.

"Yea. Me too." He replied. He had been apologizing not only for Elias but for himself for not saying much to her. He wanted to give her an explanation. But not only was that entirely too personal, he barely knew Baylee. So he attempted to change the subject. "So, what are you studying? How long have you been attending?"
Being a guy with little responsibility, Elias never woke before 12 noon. But this time it was different. His nigtmares were back. He hadnt been to sleep since 4am. Though he never admitted it, his nightmares scared him. So much that he never wanted to sleep afterwards. So he didnt. Had he slept with someone, he would not have had a nightmare. It was a pattern he was familiar with, but never would he tell Kyle that. He finally decided to get up and shower. He needed something to do so he decided he would go and see Aqua.

Baylee shrugged, "Sense fall? I am in the English program." She said before looking around, "You?" She wasn't sure what to say, she held her text books to her chest, she wasn't very good at talking to strangers but he seemed kind enough. She did feel bad for leaving without a bye though.

Aqua was with a customer, two of her exes. She was flirting lightly before looking up at the door, "I will be right there," she called before doing a double take. "Eli?" She smiled, "I'll be right with you, find a seat."

"This is my second year. I'm studying music composition, with a minor in creative writing." He glanced up at the digital clock that hung on the wall above the front revolving doors. He had No where in particular to be since he only had one class on Fridays. But he hadn't wanted to hold her up. "Well, I guess I should let you get to class." He slowly started to back away but paused. Awkward moment.He tried to make hhimself say something. He didn't want it to end like this again. "Uh..." he passed again. 'Get a grip, dude.' He told himself. "When are your classes over?"

Elias nodded as he walked into the restaurant to find himself a seat. He noticed the other customers watching him. In this restaurant you could only sit when tbe hostess has seated you. It flattered him that he was a special circumstance. He picked a table by the window. That was something him and his twin had in common. They loved the window seat. But unlike Kyle, Elias wasn't too keen on nature. He just loved the view. He turned and saw Aqua as she dealt with what looked like testy perverted customers. They were taking him away from his goal. So he decided to improvise. He left his table walking behind the counter to her. "Hey baby. These dipshits bothering you?" He asked as he stood by her, his eyes glaring at the greedy gentlemen.

Baylee was taken aback by the question, "Twelve thirty, today. I have to be at work by two." She told him, looking up at the clock. She best get to class, she wasn't late or anything at least. She could tell he was as every bit uncomfortable as she was, it made her relax some.

Aqua returned to talking to the two boys before she felt someone behind her, she went red hearing Eli. "Umm.. No. I mean no, Eli meet Brad and Bentley."
"New boy toy?" The red head said, Brad. He sounded a bit jealous.
"No." Aqua pouted, wasn't his business.
"Then is it a boyfriend?" The black haired one asked, Bentley. He was smirking.
Aqua rolled her eyes looking at Eli to say something to get the dopes off her back about him. They haven't done anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.