Ignore?

C

Chum Is Fum

Original poster
This is probably a dumb question, but what is the Ignore Thread button useful for? I just noticed it and was wondering why one might need it...

One reason the ignore button is useful for is ignoring someone you don't get along with or tolerate very well. I can't quite think of other reasons why it might be useful, but I'm sure staff will come along and explain the many uses. :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Chum Is Fum
I imagine the ignore feature to be the most useful when you wish to avoid a certain topic or person.

For example, if a topic/person upsets you a great deal and you know that just seeing it/them will cause an irrational reflex to well up, then it is a good time to ignore. Since everyone is expected to stay civil with each other it is a good measure to take to avoid drama.

It also has options to ignore a thread in your news feed. My personal guess on some of it is if someone you're following is posting a lot in a thread that you don't want showing a ton on your feed. Another possibility is you want to watch a whole section (say Redstar Connections]) because you're looking for an rp and interested in seeing the new posts but there's one thread that's getting a ton of new posts that you know you aren't interested in - you can ignore new posts in that thread.

Ahhh okay! I would've never thought to use it as a filter. Thanks you guys! :D