Sam hadn't lied to Patrick; it hurt like a bitch. Due to the rather reckless way the Irishman had moved Sapphire and himself into cover, his back was covered in a debris field to rival the street in front of the police headquarters. Carefully and methodically, Ginny began lifting and extracting glass, gravel, and everything that shouldn't be there from his back. Paddy clenched his eyes shut and gritted his teeth.

"Shyte, lass," he muttered, more to himself than to Ginny. "Could yah yank any harder?"

Sam's expression darkened as he watched, though Ginny seemed to pay him no mind.

"You watch yourself, Irish. We're helping you out on account of Saph there, and for no other reason. The next time you wanna grind a bunch of shit into your back, don't come crying to us."

Yer teh idiot who yanked me here, yah bastard, he thought bitterly. But Patrick kept his mouth shut. It took time, healing him; cleaning the injury was tedious and involved, and it covered a much larger surface area than Sapphire's had. And it did hurt; it hurt terribly. But finally it ended, and Patrick lay still, gasping from the pain and unable to talk.

Despite all the activity, Sapphire did not stay down for long. Her unconsciousness was short lived, despite the blissful nothingness, her eyes continued to flutter, open, closed, open, closed. She could hear Patrick struggle with the pain as Ginny plucked out the shards from his back and healed him, and her gut twisted at the thought of the injury he had earned.

"Sam," She eventually huffed, propping herself up on her elbows despite the pounding in her head. The man perked up immediately, looking almost thrilled to see Sapphire recognize him, before worry took over his features and he eased her back down on the bed. "You have a concussion," He said gently. "I know that." She barked back. "How'd you find us?"

He laughed, and her cheeks reddened. "Right. Sorry. Concussion." He laughed some more as she leaned back down.

"So now you acknowledge it, huh?"

Sapphire glared. "You or the concussion?"

He smiled and shrugged.

"Is Patrick okay?"

"Should be in a little bit. The guy took a nasty hit." Her eyes softened as she looked at the man across the room. "I know." She murmured guilty. "Ginny healed 'im up, though. He'll be fine." Sapphire now gazed at Ginny, who seemed pretty bothered by the entire situation. "..Thank you." Sapphire said tentatively, only to receive a plain nod from Ginny.

"Patrick?" Sapphire spoke to him now, wondering if he was even conscious at all.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Red Thunder
"Aye."

His eyes were still closed; the pain hurt too much. No, wait. That wasn't right. He wasn't in pain any more. But hell, his brain was having trouble coming to terms with that bit of information. Breath still came in ragged pants, more from shock than anything. He twisted, trying to seeor at least feel his newly repaired back. He ran his hand slowly across what his inflexibility allowed him, marveling at the completion of healing. Even now, it boggled his mind, the things people were capable of. All he could do was connect two points in space. But people like this Ginny? Facilitating a body's natural healing process to work faster? And the other one: did he teleport? Whatever it was, it was remarkable. Hell, even Sapphire's illusions were amazing. He felt suddenly out of his league.

Well, he'd not appear weak any longer. He pushed himself up to sit back in a kneeling position, realizing as he did that his shirt and jacket were little better than tatters now. Grumbling, he pulled them off, exposing a well muscled chest with a few knife and bullet scars clearly evident. He grunted as he tossed the ruined clothes to the floor, nodding briefly in the strange woman's direction.

"Ginny, aye? Thanks.

"And you," Patrick turned his attention to the other one. 'Sam'. He seemed familiar with Sapphire. And she with him. It bothered him, and he cursed himself in his mind. Why should he be jealous? "Care tah tell us where we are?"

Last edited:
Patrick stared at the man, trying to be patient. The MCPD Chief had always berated him for his impatience, and he knew it was something he needed to work on. Nevertheless, he had his limits. Both he and Sapphire had just come from the site of an outright attack on police headquarters. Calling such coworkers as he knew there 'friends' might be too much, but in spite of the shunning he'd received, he still worried about their well being. And who had orchestrated the attack? That beach bum was no mastermind; Inter had made a move. Patrick felt the need to confront the man. But where was he?

He closed his eyes, recalling the location they'd just left. It came to the forefront easily and quickly. But that was no good; the site was in such a state of change, putting a Gate there was dangerous. He thought of his apartment. It should still be in one piece. Yet if that time goblin had identified Patrick, they had probably locked down where the man lived. Which meant a trap, should he try to go back. Shame.

One last place came to mind; the old water tower. Reinforced to withstand the high winds its location atop a skyscraper necessitated, the tower was kept secured from within, ensuring that no one could get in to mess with it. And since he only came and went via Gate, no one should have reason to know if it's importance. Patrick slid off the table, landing unsteadily on his feet. To his left, a Gate popped into life, its mate within the water tower. The ease with which it did so was encouraging; much change to the targeted space, and the mental strain would have been significant. He held out a hand to Sapphire.

"C'mon, Saph; these two arnae too willing teh be forthright, and we got work teh do."

"..Patrick.."

Sapphire propped herself up on her elbows. Sam seemed to balk at this motion, moving to stop her, but she shooed him away. "I'm fine, you oaf. Get off me." She snapped, and Sam moved back. He seemed a little stunned by the glimmering portal Patrick had summoned. Ginny seemed uninterested. Sapphire fully sat up, taking Patrick's hand but not moving forward. Not moving with him. "Patrick, close the gate. We're not leaving yet."

She put a hand to her forehead and winced. "I told ya not to move yet." Sam scolded. "And I told you to get off me," She retorted. "Patrick, Sam is an old friend. He'll tell you where we are no problem, right Sam?" She glared at him. "We won't be in your hair long. But he deserves answers."

Sam sighed. "Uh, yeah. Sorry. S'my place. Outskirts of Millennium. I'n a little.. secure. Sorry 'bout my.. hesitance." Sapphire smiled. "See? Wasn't so hard. Now," Sapphire put a hand on Patrick's chest and gave him a little push back towards the bed. "You.. me. We both need rest. So just.. sit tight for a little bit. Okay?"

"Could we.. get some water, please?" Sapphire slowly lowered herself back on the bed with a hiss. "My head hurts like a bitch." Sam nodded quickly, casting a glance between Patrick and Sapphire. "Yeah, of course. We'll leave you alone for a bit." Ginny, who had been examining her nails in the corner, glanced up, eyebrow raised.

"Huh? Oh. Yeah. Sure. Bye." She left the room without another glance, and Sam sighed. "Just shout if you need me." Sapphire nodded. "I will."

• Thank You
Reactions: Red Thunder
Patrick watched them go without a word, the impassivity eith which he did so marked with distrust. It felt convenient, that he and Sapphire should have been found and rescued that easily. He almost drug his blue haired friend through the Gate, carrying her over his shoulders if he had to, just to be somewhere he could be assured that they were safe. But Saph had promised that they were. So maybe they were.

"Safe isnae really safe, is it?" His eyes had lost their golden hue; the Gate had disappeared. "Don't really matter where we are; yah jes' wanted some breathing room, yeah?"

His emotional high had dissipated, the anger being replaced by a heavily rooted curiosity.

"The shite is goin' on, Saph?"