Igniting Hearts!

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

Day: 12th April 2019 — Friday
FREE-ROAM MODE

Unavailable: Kaede Kiyabu, Meguru Chise, Chihaya Mikage, Namiko Nonaka, Hanako Mirai

It had been a wild first day of school. So much that - by comparison - the normality of the days that followed their life-threatening Monday made one appreciate the usual dullness just that much more. The Normal was good. None of the three girls had been able to talk with Kaede after the rooftop scene as the wheelchair girl had to apparently spend too much time in the hospital again.

Thus, with the weekend at doorstep, being a Magical Girl was either just way less exciting than one would imagine at first or the entire experience was some sort of weird sham. Though their not-so-functional app served as a hollow reminder...

School had just ended, and people were excited about the weekend. Some did thingamajigs. Others would deepen newly-created bonds. The lazy simply sleep through it. And some would just study... more. Of course, there were also some club activities...

@Ehb
As Sasara scrambled through the halls towards the exit/lockers, deep in thought and trying to drown out whatever nonsense Ino was currently talking behind her - which was a whole lot more without Yuki around - she suddenly bumped shoulders with someone! Whoever had walked into the opposite direction of Sasara, simply stopped and turned towards her.

"What?" The female voice asked, offended. Glaring poisonous daggers towards the freshmen. "Did I now turn invisible for you, too?" Meguru Chise asked her friend in an accusing tone. Uncharacteristically. It was undoubtedly Sasara's year-long friend, though her current personality didn't fit.

There was a mix of unreasonable malice, disgust, sorrow, and hatred in Meguru's eyes, and something darker hidden behind. Strong emotions reserved mainly for Sasara. "U-Uh?" Ino took a step back, clearly intimidated by the antagonistic presence Meguru put up. For anyone who wasn't aware of their relationship, one would guess Meguru hated Sasara for whatever reason.

"...?" The upperclassman now stood firm. Clearly waiting for some response from Sasara in regard to this encounter. In fact, aside from Monday, they actually hadn't spoken at all!

@Karyra
Live was much easier for Akane Tachibana, save any craziness she inflicted upon herself. For she simply had but one person waiting on her. A message on Momoji. Way more friendly, too.

Got anything excited planned this weekend? Well, you can tell me about on the roof-top! Because I am totally waiting for you. Right now! You gotta make time. It's super important! No need to pretty yourself up though, my brother's not part of this. See you in a bit!

Of course, she still had to go up there, for as now Akane was still in her classroom.

@Luma
Snowball had a message on Momoji too. A lot more cryptic and mysterious, however.

Do not trust Kiyabu Kaede. Meet me at the entrance after school. Alone. A fellow Mahou Shoujo.

The content simply read. Of course, it was ultimately up for Snowball to decide what she'd do. Follow the invitation? Drink a cup of soda? Or stay in the classroom until the sun would set out of fear she'd get murdered at the entrance!? That, and many more choices, were hers!

• According to Plan
  • Spicy
Reactions: Ehb and Luma
Sunowubaru Rumiparo
Kirikiri Street​
@Skyswimsky as Wrong Number​

Snow stretched her limbs out over the desk after a hard day of school. Nothing felt particularly magical lately, besides having Kaede and maybe the few others as friends. Too bad they weren’t warming up to her like Kaede had.

Snow took her phone out, flicking through various notifications. Collect daily gems from a couple games first, definitely the priority. Then, oh! A private message?

"Don’t trust Kae— huh...?" Snow began to read aloud before realizing how weird it was. She gave it a weird look like a professional art critique devouring an amateur’s masterpiece before diving in with her own messages...

New phone who dis?

Hey

Hey!

(; ・`д・´)

( ͒˃⌂˂ ͒)

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

... Hopefully, friends. I am waiting.

If you’re really magical, tell me what soda I’m driving right now

Drinking* lol spellcheck

Cherry cola...

Lol nope! Suspicious...!

Jk, it totally was, that’s crazy! but I actually lost it somewhere

Waaaaaait...

You took my soda!

Not cool!

Hold on, I’ll be right there

With an indignant frump, Snowball pocketed her phone in her bag and ran off down the hallway toward the school entrance.

• Spicy
Reactions: Skyswimsky
Sasara Kaidou
Town of Hisahiro, Hisahiro Academy

Standing before Sasara, right now was someone who she couldn't recognize anymore. Meguru Chise had walked her home the other day when she was a complete mess as a friend, but the person standing before her now, though similar in look, was different. The idea of someone potentially taking the form of someone else, and posing as them for their own gain would've been something that Sasara would've written off as being fantasy just a day a go. But, with the experiences of the different world that Akane had shown her, and the impossibilities that were manifest as real therin, Sasara found herself less tied down be there being some sort of strange supernatural explanation to what she was currently seeing.

But the most important part for her was what she knew. She knew there was no way that Meguru... at least the Meguru Chise that she knew, could make an expression like that. Meguru was her senpai and upperclassman who founded the Magic Club that Sasara was saved by... but Meguru was far too naiive to be able to put on that kind of expression.

Far too kind, far too stupid for her own good to be able to pull of such a sincerely maleficent expression as what she was wearing now.

But, there was at least one person Sasara knew who could make such a twisted expression.

Sasara smiled plainly at Meguru.
There was one way to find out if this really was the real Meguru.'

"...Senpai. You remember the year Security-kun joined? He was lying, he said they were pink stripes."

Those words were meaningless to anyone else beyond Sasara's old clubmates. But for the real Meguru Chise... that was a massive reveal!

@Skyswimsky as Meguru Chise and NPC Crew

• Spicy
  • Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Luma and Skyswimsky
Pixiv.Id.5279612.full.2845716.png

Hisashiro Academy - Courtyard --> Rooftop
Interactions: @Skyswimsky // God​

Things were quiet after that. A few messages from Nao to go work at the shop... some club work and sleeping when she was tired. Sometimes, she'd tap the app a few times just to see if maybe this time it would work.

Tonight was one such night. She poked the app, only to have it irritatingly remain broken. Akane considered her stance on magical girls. They saved people like her every day just by existing, but they were top secret. Maybe they weren't as flashy as she thought...

Her eyes drifted to her laptop, where she had a site open for watching anime.

Nah, she decided. She wasn't going to be like them. At most, she'd disappear quietly after a battle gone wrong.

That morning was just like any other. Well, like any other Friday morning. People paid enough attention to get through but didn't dedicate any real thought to it. They were going out tonight to do... whatever it was they wanted to do.

Akane softly sketched in the margins of her notebook. It was some of Kaede's outfit, some of Sasara's, and a third girl who looked completely different to the others. For one, it looked more like a suit than a big, poofy dress. Secondly, Akane couldn't decide what the girl was holding. Each rendition of it was soon erased, leaving a small blur where the girl's hands were.

The bell chimed and Akane stood up and packed up her things. She was starting to wonder which club she was going to check on first when she was doing her rounds when he phone buzzed.

Namiko sounded...

Well she sounded like Namiko. Still, what was so important that Akane had to go up to the roof to talk to her about?

Curiosity consumed her, so Akane followed orders. She walked up to the roof where she expected to meet Namiko.

"What's so important that I need to come up here for? We could have met at the shop or just messaged each other,"
Akane asked, holding onto her bag strap. She needed something to do with her hands, in case it was something major. The possibility of entering that other world again was in the back of her mind, but she wasn't sure when that would happen... if it would happen again at all.

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy
Reactions: Luma and Skyswimsky

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

FREE-ROAM MODE

Unavailable: Kaede Kiyabu, Meguru Chise, Chihaya Mikage, Namiko Nonaka, Hanako Mirai

@Ehb

"...Senpai. You remember the year Security-kun joined? He was lying, he said they were pink stripes."

A few seconds passed as Meguru's expression of pure malice was replaced by something purer. Something Sasara would have well expected from the real Meguru. The girl's face became beet-red. Looking now rather embarrassed at Sasara without saying any words. A few more seconds and the next thing that should have happened was for Meguru to return a witty reply, or bury her face in her hands.

But there was none of that. Instead, after the 'initial' shock, and a lot less red in the face now, Meguru said. "Ah... I see" With some concluding undertone. As Meguru's expression returned to look at her underclassman exactly like before the 'big' revelation, Sagara could swear she had seen, and felt, something sinister for a second. Just a feeling?

"So, you've known all this time." Meguru continued, sounding very unamused. "And NOW you tell me? Is that your approach of trying to make up? Do you think you can just treat me like dirt the entire week and then act as nothing happened? Just like that?!" By now, the girl had raised her voice enough that some other school kids stopped and carefully glimpsed at the confrontation. She shook her head as her eyes seemed a bit teary, continuing with more of a whisper as she looked down on the ground.

"And to think I've been looking forward for you entering Hisashiro Academy." Shaking her head once again. "But of course, you just cut it all, start your new life. I was a fool to think we were real friends..." Doing more of a monologue now than actually talking to Sasara. "Yes, Yes... I know. It's horrible, she's horrible..." Shaking her head once again, Meguru stared Sagara once more into her eyes. Resolute to continue hating for the sake of hatred.

"If you had just told me it was over, it would have been easier on me. Thanks for hurting me like that. But I guess that's how far as it goes. We're done."

What was even going on!?

@Karyra
"Ah, Akane!" Namiko turned around as Akane entered the roof-top, waving to her and stepping away from the wired fence that made sure no school-kid would just do something stupid. "Where would be the fun in doing it the boring way?! And the rooftop is just THE best set-up for the scene and all, don't you agree?" With some swift steps, the older girl stepped over to Akane.

"So, how was your first week of the new year? Looking forward to the weekend? Got any special Magical Girl duties going on?" She asked, rather casually.

@Luma
As Snow was looking for a potential 'target' that would fit the sender's picture, the white-hair suddenly heard a voice close behind her.

"Lumipallo-san" As if a ghost had snuck up behind her. But, instead of a ghost, stood a girl that was the opposite of Snowball. Like day and night. Black and white. Black hair instead of white hair. A simple dress instead of more casual clothes. Darker colors, opposite to Lumipallo's brighter ones. And deep, purple, eyes.

"I'm... glad you came." She said, her default facial expression giving the impression as if she was making a mockery of living by default. Or, as others would call it, edgy.

"But not here..." She took a look around. "Follow me." At the very least she didn't seem to beat around the bush. Was she even attending this school? Somewhere back in her mind, she was sure to have seen her 'around'! Just not sure where...

• Spicy
Sunowubaru Rumiparo
Hisashiro Entrance
@Skyswimsky as Ashcube​

At the sound of the mysterious voice, Snow jumped forward a bit, swirling around. She narrowed her eyes suspiciously at the girl as she beckoned Snow into privacy.

"Who are you...? You don't attend this school, do you? So how did you get my Momoji number? My Gaia Summoner profile maybe? And why did you take my soda!?" She continued to follow along while she bombarded the anti-Snow with questions.

"...and wait..." Snow started up again after pulling out her phone to review the texts. "You said here that you're also a mag-- I mean uhm......... janitor. Is that how you found out? And what's this about Kaede!? So you know she's a janitor too? But she's a..... dirty? Janitor? Why should I believe you? Do you have any proof that you're not the dirty janitor here!?"

• Spicy

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

FREE-ROAM MODE

@Luma
As they continued to walk down the street, the girl said nothing in response for a good whole minute or two. Not like she had to anyway, considering that the white-hair just couldn't shut up. Stopping at a bus stop, the girl now stopped too. Finally turning towards Snowball.

"My name's Sagi." Clearly no intention of giving her first name. "And I've just joined Hisashiro." Which would explain why Snow might not know her! She then went silent again, clearly having some internal struggle as she sighed. Looking at Snow like the biggest annoyance for just a second. "Do you always ask so many questions? I have your proof at that place.Just... trust me...?" She pointed at one of the bus schedules. "It'll be here any second."

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Luma

Hisashiro Academy - Rooftop
Interactions: @Skyswimsky // Namiko, Higher Powers
Namiko made no sense, as per usual. This wasn't some anime. Scene? Akane just looked tired. This was just more Namiko doing Namiko things.

"Oh, I was just going to study and-"
Akane was so caught off guard by the whole 'scene' comment that it took her that long to realize... "What? No? I'm not a magical... girl?" Akane said, lying. Well, it was partly true. She couldn't transform or use the app, after all. "Did you hit your head or something, Senpai?"

She smiled, fake as ever, and continued, "I'm not sure where you got the idea I was any kind of hero, Senpai, but there's no such thing as magical girls."

Kaede told them in secret, right? So Akane wasn't going to go blabbing about being a magical girl to Namiko, who as far as Akane was concerned Namiko was just a weird girl who could tell fortunes. So there was no reason to think any of that hinted at Magical Girls.

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy
Reactions: Skyswimsky and Luma
Sasara Kaidou

There were certainly times where one simply had nothing to say. Having seen something so unbeliveable or outrageous that even giving a reply seemed impossible. For Sasara, hearing Meguru's accusations of being 'treated like dirt' by the former... actively abusing their relationship with silence. All of those statements were not making sense. She was simply dumbfounded at these 'revelations' that she knew nothing of. Things that she could not remember doing.

Or maybe Sasara was waiting for a punchline that never came.

Still, looking directly at Meguru in the eye, even after what seemed like an eternity - that punchline never came.

"...Meguru-chan. This... This is not funny you know?"

Instinctively, Sasara put her hand over the heart shaped pendant in her hair A similar pendant adorned one of Meguru's black locks of hair.

"What happened to founding a new Magic Club? Meguru!"
Sasara's voice, though soft, began to assert some kind of explanation.

@Skyswimsky as Short post because lets continue.

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy
"You're proof is a bus...?" Snowball asked suspiciously. "Right, right, sorry... uhm... I'm Rumiparo Sunowobaru or just 'Snow' because it's less awful to say. Nice to meet you, Sagi-chan."

Snow beamed her friendliest smile forward.

"Y-Yes... nice to finally meet you, too." She tried to force a smile. Which looked really, really, creepy.

It did not take long for the bus to arrive. One of many buses that simply went through a bunch of places, notable the graveyard. One advantage of visiting Hisashiro was the free use of the local transportation network. Of course, this also meant that each student had to show their student card if they desired to make use of it.

Maybe the fact Sagi did indeed show such a card to the bus-driver served as some sort of reassurance? Either way, the girl made sure Snow just wouldn't ghost on her, waiting half-way in-between bus and street for Snow to enter, too. Much to the annoyance of the bus driver.

Snow quietly slinked up behind Sagi to peek at the card, trying to get a first name.

Much to her dismay, Sagi seemed to be skillful enough to not really reveal any information towards Snow. At least she was able to take a quick peek at the picture! Which, in fact, confirmed at the very least that the passport did belong to her.

"...Are you done yet?" Sagi asked Snow now, who certainly holding up the bus!

"Oh, right, sorry..." Snow floundered, reaching into her pocket and presenting her student ID to the driver. Unlike Sagi's picture, which looked pretty consistent, the Snowball in the photo almost looked like a totally different girl. An awful sneer that seemed to be looking down on anyone that dared gaze at the little slip of plastic.

Being a school bus driver, he didn't really seem to care too much about the Snowball on the photo being the actual person or not, and the two finally got on the bus. Since school had just ended, it was actually quite full but, luckily, the two girls still managed to get a two-seater.

"..."

'Sagi' didn't say a word...

"..."

Snow awkward sat there quietly for a few long moments before finally restarting the conversation.

"Sooo.... welcome to Hisashiro, Sagi."

A few more awkward seconds of silence, until Sagi's eyes perked up. As if she had just 'forgotten' something. "Thanks."

Snow nodded, allowing the silence to continue for another minute or two before another idea came to mind...

"You haven't... maybe... heard stories about me before, have you...?" Snow asked with a hint of concern on her lips.

"Of course I have." The raven-haired girl responded, there was a slight undertone of admiration in her otherwise monotone (or annoyed) voice.

"O-oh..." Snow answered in shame, heading drooping to the floor. "I see..."

"Quite a shame, actually..." She murmured to herself before smiling in a just ever-so-slightly sadistic fashion as the bus stopped.

"We've arrived."

Much to many peoples expectations, it was not the graveyard they stopped at, but rather the west residential district! This time Sagi did not wait for Snow to follow along. Instead she, somewhat forcefully but still with a certain amount of distance, dragged her into the open.

"Wah~!" Snow yipped in surprise as she suddenly found herself yanked along. "Is this where you live?" she asked once she'd taken a good look around at all the houses.

"Yes." She answered without so much as glancing towards Snow as she walked down the street. Turning left once, and right twice, until arriving at a currently empty playground.

"..."

Snow glanced at the playground awkwardly, as if it brought back some uncomfortable memories. "Here...?" she asked.

"Here." She repeated Snow's word, taking a few step forward and looking around. "...?" Before checking her phone for a moment.

From what Snow could glance the girl did seem to have an app that portrayed similar information to her - or rather Kaede's - magical girl app!

Just like before, Snow casually shimmied forward to try and peek, learning from her former mistakes and doubling up the stealth efforts to 11!

This time, Snow succeeded! Or maybe the girl wanted Snowball to specifically see the information?

Nonetheless, while the app did seem a bit different in design from the one Kaede had, there was one important piece of information to read for Snow. Sagi's name: Chihaya Mikage.

Snow glanced it over, taking in what she could. As soon as she noticed the name, her hands moved to swipe the phone as quick as she could manage. Holding it up and pointing to the screen, and especially the name, accusingly, she asked, "Sagi... did you... steal this!?"

"You!" Sagi looked rather pissed as Snow decided to just take the phone. Taking it with just as much gusto back as Snow had 'stolen' it.

Looking at Snow in annoyance. "I-" yet, before she could finish speaking, it happened.

Just like in the mall.
Just like before.
Time itself appeared to stop as the world was cast in a crimson hue.

"-did not, you moron." She finished her sentence. Unaffected by the 'freeze'.

"...!" Snow glanced around in fear, fighting back shivers as the crimson world brought back memories of danger. "Well you’re not frozen so that checks out I guess; but in what world is Sagi short for Chihaya Mikage!? I mean, uhm... sorry," she apologized hastily.

Snow grabbed her own phone, unlocking it and checking in the vain hope that maybe her own app would finally have unlocked.

It did not.

'Sagi', or rather Chihaya, strongly ignored Snow for the time being. Instead, intensely busy with her phone for a good few seconds. Her face displayed a slight hint of annoyance before curling up into a tiny, devious, smile. "Oh Snow..." She said with a mix of pity and enjoyment. Raising her free hand towards the white-haired girl, some sort of energy seemed to gather inside it.

"It's not my fault my phone's acting stupid!" Snow retorted defensively with a pout. Noticing the disturbing light, Snow threw Sagi a weird look and shuffled to the side slightly.

As Snow swayed slightly to the side, Chihaya's hand followed with a slight chuckle, before looking dead serious. "You simply disgust me." With these words, the ball of energy shot towards Snow. At such close range, and such speed, it was impossible to dodge. Sending her fly just a little bit mixed with some hurt!

Snow's flew back into a large bush which managed to cushion her nicely.

"Sagi!! What was that!?" She shouted back as she reemerged from the bush, aggressively glaring in return.

"Are you really that stupid, or just pretending to be?" She asked rather very annoyed, preparing a second attack - for being a *magical attack* it seemed awfully weak to what one would expect.

"You should know very well..." She added, her voice and face displaying that of a maniacal sadist. "The joy of inflicting pain upon others. Oh poor, poor, Snow." She chuckled. "Have I heard stories about you before? Yes, yes I did. You used to be something, but now? Look at you. Utterly disgusting."

Noticing the continued aggression, Snow reached in her bag to grab her tennis racket, as if it would somehow help her defend herself.

"So you’re some psycho who lured me out here to torment me and tell me that!?" Snow concluded, pointing the tennis racket accusingly from a distance. "How much joy do you think it brings the victim?!"

The other girl burst out laughing, resulting in her second shot missing entirely. "The victims?! Who cares about the victims!" A bit more serious, and annoyed.

"Uhm... me? And most other people..." Snow answered in a frank ‘duh’ kind of tone. "Were you dropped on the head as a kid or something!?" she snarked, for a moment sounding just like ‘bully Snowball.’

Chihaya opened her mouth to say something, but whatever words she spoke were drowned out by the sudden noise of a deafening and monstrous roar.

Unfazed, the raven-haired girl checked her phone once again. A sigh. Whatever joy she had just derived from fooling Snow was now gone. Instead, her gaze was one of utter disgust - and disinterest. "..." It seemed like she wanted to say something but, ultimately, decided not to.

A second roar, this time seemingly much closer, pulled Snowball's attention away from the girl - who was seemingly gone in the blink of an eye after.

"W-what... where is it...?!" Snow murmured to herself, digging deep inside to find the courage and defiance she needed to not just shrink into a ball of fear. "Hey Miri!" Snow commanded her phone, holding it up. "Transform activate!!"

Miri was rather disobedient.

A third growl, much quieter than the two before. But much much closer. In fact, Snow could see how a monster in the shape of a tiger, but nearly completely covered in some form of naked white smooth tissue, stepped forth from some bushes nearby.

Grrr...

With careful steps it came closer while circling Snowball at the same time.

Snow froze, eyes glued to the glue kitty. As it approached, she slowly stepped back, though not to much effect.

"Nice kitty... good kitty... do you want an Orange Burst...?" she desperately offered, pulling a can of soda out of her bag and shaking it back and forth slowly.

Another growl from the plastic kitty before lowering its stance to prepare for a jump!

"Aieyaaaaaa!!" Snow shrieked, shutting her eyes and flailing the racket between them as it leapt unphased by her distraction.

The white tiger was swift and lethal, going straight for the throat. It might've delivered an instantaneous kill, if not for Snow's racket, which managed to smack it off-course just enough. Nevertheless, it bit down on her shoulder hard, and having Snow in its grasp, it began to tear her apart with claw and tooth.

Snow screamed full force, unable to hold back her wailing. This went on for what felt like an eternity, before a ray of hope burst through her crimson hell.

"I found this on the web for 'transform activate.' Did you mean Mahou Shoujou Transform?" her phone called out from the grass beside her.

"Yes! HeyMiriMahoushoujoutransform!!! she sputtered out frantically.

"Activating transformation sequence for Snowball Lumipallo~!"

Snow was suddenly standing on a busy street; hundreds of hostile faces throwing her fearful glances. She bent down, burying her face in shame, as a rumbling noise grew. The streets shook with ferocity, until a monolithic wave of sugary cola washed everything away.

Opening her eyes again, a strange playground surrounded her. Snow wandered forward, approaching a timid girl on a swing, who suddenly leapt off to meet her. She smiled, thrusting a soda can into Snow's hand before her image blew away in a cloud of smoke.

The can in Snow's hand began to grow, morphing and stretching until she held a long wand in her hand. It continued to wrap around her whole body: magical bands of light weaving into a colorful array of frills. A layer of cherry red, blue raspberry, green watermelon...

As suddenly as her dream had begun, it ended, Snow bursting out with enough energy to throw the tiger back several meters.

"... I feel like something out of a weird musical!!" she instantly complained, checking herself over, running a hand over the strange dress, and inspecting the odd wand on her hand.

Having been denied its meal, the weird tiger monster roared ferociously! Grinning at Snow in an act of showing off its many rows of teeth - now stained red crimson. Unlike its careful steps from before, the tiger immediately rushed forward! Cutting short whatever time Snow had left to admire herself.

Noticing right away, Snow leapt back. This time, however, her leap carried her halfway across the yard and straight into a distant fence.

"Wha-- woah!!" she exclaimed, unsure whether to be more amazed at the jump or the fact that she'd leveled a fence without even receiving a bruise.

"Hm... I wonder if..."

Noticing the familiar shape on top of her hand, Snow reached into her bag, pulling out a soda bottle and slapping it right on top. To her surprise, the wand instantly swallowed it up, growing a barrel, a trigger, and even a sight, until it resembled a weird, magical rifle.

"Hm... I really hope I get that back later..." she whined, pointing it at the tiger. After a few seconds of fiddling with it, the gun erupted into a flurry of orange soda bullets, pelting the tiger relentlessly.

The tiger tried to dodge! Yet, succeeded only partially. Clearly having taken damage from the soda attack, as part of its left flank was missing. That didn't stop the monster however from another attack. This time it sprinted forward, stopped with its fore-paws to make its hindlegs 'drift', swirling up sand into the direction of the new Magical Girl.

Under the cover of the sand-screen, and potential of Snow having lost sight, the monster then proceeded to do a quick leap to the right, from which it then tried to attack her once more!

"Plech! What kind of crazy tiger is so smart!" Snow complained as she waved away the dust from her eyes. Not waiting there to get jumped, she ran up a nearby slide and used it to launch herself into the air, spraying more soda bullets straight down.

With the power of high-pressured soda on her side, and foregoing aim in favor for simply attacking The Everything, the tiger suffered another set of injuries and was quickly dispatched after. All in all, less exciting than the battle against the monster of before but a battle nonetheless! And Snow seemed victorious... and a magical girl now, too!?

Once she'd finished with the gunfire, the lack of recoil allowed Snow to gracefully float back down to the ground. She poked the remains of the plastic tiger with a shoe that was, oddly, much nicer than what she'd been wearing before, satisfied that it was dead.

"Nnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyay!! This is so cool!!" she cheered, bursting into a cheerful laugh; the powerful kind that was so absurd and bursting with excitement that 'no one being around' was an essential part of its recipe.

She zipped from place to place with superhuman speed, moonjumped around the playground, and even set up a nearby shovel on the slide to bonk her on the forehead at high speed, amazed it didn't hurt...

"Oww...!"

...as much as it should've.

"It is quite wonderful, is it not?" Suddenly, Snow's recipe was ruined as another voice intruded on her alone time. A slightly distorted, male one. There he was. A tall, adult man in a white suit. Blue'ish hair, and a white top-hat. There was a mask over his face. One half black, the other white, with contrasts of the opposite colors to create eyes and a grin.

"Ngh..." Snow groaned as the shame suddenly hit like a truck. She sprung up, staring back, with a faint red strip running across her forehead where the shovel had bonked her. She glanced around quickly, making sure she was still in the crimson alternate-world.

"Were you here this whole time!?" she accused, pointing the shovel head at the newcomer.

"Would it matter?" The mysterious man asked her, slowly stepping towards Snow. Something deep within her urged her to flee, or pretend to be dead. A primitive fear.

He then stopped just short of the monster Snowball had killed which, unlike the others so far, had not disintegrated into space particles. "Soda..." He simply said with a hunch of amazement. "You're quite a lively one, aren't you?" Stretching out his arm, palm open, the monster now finally dissolved. The particles gathering into his glove.

Snow's eye narrowed like a hawk.

"You did that on purpose, didn't you!" she accused with an indignant tone. "You tried to kill me so you could see what would happen when I unlocked it!?"

He chuckled in amusement. "Poor lost lamb... quite a bold statement, is it not?" In the blink of an eye, quite literally, he had disappeared from her field of vision just to— !

Snow's throat was fiercely grabbed from behind. A strong, cold, grip. Without escape. "If I wanted to kill you, I could do so right now...." Before letting her fall to the ground, shrugging. "You are not completely wrong, however. If you had not transformed today, your live would have been forfeit."

Snowball coughed on the ground a few times before standing back up, backing away several steps.

"Is there anyone who can come in here that isn't a psychopath!? Suicide Sasara, Sadist Sagi, and now this!"

He leaned a little bit down, chuckling in amusement. "I, too, wonder that." Before, in another instant, he disappeared from right beside her to a few meters in front of her.

"An introduction is in order, is it not?" He gave Snow a little bow. "I carry many names. Mephistopheles, Faustus, the Black Knave, The Promise of Ruin..." Before looking up again, not worried of Snow suddenly attacking him. "Or, mayhap, very simply: your Enemy."

Snow stepped back instinctually as there was suddenly a masked weirdo in her face.

"..."

She stared back in bewilderment at his introduction, unable to process what was being said. After several seconds of thinking about it, she finally replied.

"Are you sure you're not some kind of mentor in disguise? Because I don't think you understand how enemies are supposed to act!" Snow critiqued, as if she were an expert in such things. In a way... she actually was.

"Oh?" He tilted his head. "And you are much wiser? How did you end up 'here' again?" Followed by a distorted laughter. "How did it go again?" Another blink of the eye as he did the teleportation thing again. This time, whispering right next into her ear. "Curiosity killed the cat?"

"Bleack," Snow gargled in disgust, waving the guy away from her ear like a gnat that was being especially annoying. "I put on a nice dress for 5 minutes and already there's a creepy guy whispering in my ear!"

Snow put a hand on her hip indignantly. "Fine then: cut to the chase! What do you want from me?"

Another chuckle as he took a step back. "Quench my interest, mayhap?" Striking a thinking pose. "But, for today, a simple introduction." He bowed once again. "That you shall speak of to no one."

"And what if I do?" Snow asked, forcing a shaky, smug grin onto her lips.

She'd seen enough movies to know how this went: now he'd have to do something super threatening to scare her into submission. With any luck: something that brought him close. She gripped the rifle-wand tight, ready to attack the moment he began!

"You're welcome to try..." He said, raising his hand. "But for now I must bid you farewell. Grow strong and prosper, little Mahou." He snapped his finger.

With that, things returned back to normal! No more magical Snowball. No masked carnival clown. No Chihaya. Just... reality.

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Ehb and Skyswimsky

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

FREE-ROAM MODE

"Funny? Why would you... what? You think this is a joke? Really? Is this what you feeling right now?!" With each syllable, Meguru seemed to grow more angrier and annoyed. Yet, in a way, also near tears. Whatever Sagara was doing, seemed to hurt her too. In fact, she seemed to struggle with something as her Kouhai talked about the Magic Club.

"... Fine." She simply spoke with trembling lips, her voice somewhat dry. "'If you wanna be like that. Sure. You can go and make your stupid club with your new best friends!" With these words, Meguru loosened her own pendant, holding it in her hands for a few good seconds before dropping it on the ground.

"..." Without another word, Meguru turned around, simply stepping away.

It was then that Sagara could see it. A sort of looming shadow on the other girl's back. Clear enough to be sure that it wasn't just a trick of her own mind, yet at the same time so inconspicuous that if she didn't take a good look at it, she'd already wonder ten minutes later if what she had seen was just a trick of her mind.

Just looking at it made her feel uncomfortable.

• Spicy
Reactions: Luma
Sasara Kaidou

Something was wrong here. As Sasara watched Meguru walk away, the strange silouette on her friends' back was just barely visible. Something was wrong here. This wasn't the Meguru she knew. Why? Was all that Sasara felt.

Picking up the heat shaped bangle off the ground Sasara looked between it and Meguru. Sasara could vividly remember the day she and Meguru went to get these. That was how their friendship began, after all. There was something wrong with Meguru. Sasara felt it. She couldn't be sure what had happened, but she knew that what was happening right now wasn't correct.

She needed time to figure it out.

Before Sasara could realize it, she had already taken her smartphone out of her hand.

She swiped into her 'all apps' menu.
Her finger hovered over the strange app that she had gained just the day before. Would that world contain the answer to what was happening to her friend right now?

Sasara didn't know. She was afraid to press that button.
But in desperation... she closed her eyes, and pushed her index finger forward.

Please work!

She attempted to transform right there.

@Skyswimsky as GM

• Spicy
  • Sympathy & Compassion

The red-head gave a mischievous giggle "Heroes? I've never said anything about heroes! You talked about heroics." Clearly taking some fun in teasing the other girl who might stumble upon her own words.

Akane blushed and stuttered out, "I-I mean all magical girls are heroes, right? Like bam power of friendship saves the world right?" Akane laughed uncomfortably. "Not to get off topic, but why did you call me up to the roof, again?"

"Are they?" She tilted her head. "You seem to know an awful lot about this mahou shoujo business!" Completely disregarding Akane's other-other question to enjoy just a few more seconds of fun.

"Well, just because I don't like it doesn't mean I'm completely immune to seeing that whatsit called Magi Lumi Card Staff thing. You know, the one that had an event a week ago?" Akane sighed. "Plus, I can't imagine what the heck else they'd do with their time."

"What else?" Namiko looked thoughtful for a second, keeping her smile. "Answering the call of some red-headed rooftop girl instead of helping out some random club, for example!" Clearing her throat, she shook her head. "Right. I've called you to warn you." Ominous!?

"Ha ha," Akane mocking laughed. "They're not always random..."

Akane snapped to attention as soon as Namiko said 'warn you'. "...You know more than you're letting on, aren't you?" Akane said, trying to make it seem like she knew what the other girl was up to. She did not. "Warn me about what, exactly?"

"I called you out. You're the one in denial!" She pointed at Akane. "Warn you about I don't know. All I know is that you might be in a little bit of danger! Or two bits of danger?" Namiko scratched her head. "Or maybe your new friends? I kind of expected all three of you to stick together. Shouldn't you watch out for each other? 'Power of friendship'."

"That's fair, but you're not being very clear." Akane said.

Akane looked away when Namiko mentioned the others. "They're not my friends," Akane said. "I'm just... I can't even help. My app is broken."

"What nonsense! You don't have to worry, Nao isn't the jealous kind of guy." She gave Akane a wink. "And I wouldn't call that weird app broken anyway!" She called out, showing her own phone, and the weird name of the app, not even able to open as she got a 'critical error' crash message. "I can't even open it anymore!" She shook her head.

"I don't know everything that she told you BUT Youma can be quite, mhm, annoying! For all you know I could be somewhat-possessed. Though in that case I'd probably run around all gloom and doom instead of being the great me! Do you understand?"

"Jealous...?" Akane said. "Why are you mentioning Nao now?"

Akane shook her head and returned to the real important questions. "Wait, can Youma possess people? All I remember is that they're scary and are after the tree thing."

Akane thought for a moment. "My app never opened. We just... could move around in that other world. I haven't even been able to see the screen of it working."

"I'm sure it'll work out!" She gave Akane a thumbs up. "Now, you seem relatively safe! What about your friends?"

"They're... fine? I mean, one of them is the infamous Snowball and the other won't talk to anyone, but it's fine? I guess?" Akane was deeply cconfused by what Namiko meant by 'safe'.

"And you're absolutely one hundred percent positive that none of them are in some sort of distress?!" She took a step closer. "Surely sure?" Before sighing and staring terrified at her hands. "Am I growing old?! I can already see some wrinkles!" Clearly concerned about her card reading skills.

"I don't, actually. But if something happens to them won't the whole world go red? Pretty obvious when they're in danger, and what am I going to do, Namiko?" Akane said, balling her hands into fists. "I can't even transform into a magical girl. I'd just... be in their way."

"What makes you think the whole world would just do its red-paint thing?! And not all dangers lurk there, anyway!" She looked at Akane a bit unamused, before grabbing both her shoulders and shaking her a bit. Somewhat annoyed. "Tachibana Akane, stop putting yourself down like that! Remember, friendship power! The more the merrier!"

"I've only been in one, so I just sort of... thought that it would?"

Akane was taken by surprise when she was grabbed by the shoulders and shaken.

"But it's true!" Akane replied, as soon as she wasn't dizzy. "Snowball can't either, she has the same weird, broken app that I do. But I guess I can message them and see if everyone is okay..."

"Yes! Sure, check up on them, make sure they're alright, and be extra careful today! No following weird strangers just because they offer you some candy." She gave Akane a wink, waiting for her to send any number of her friends a message.

Akane had to think. Who did she want to check on? Sasara, who abandoned them? Snowball, who was just pretending to be better?

She looked at her phone, and she remembered that Sasara didn't know how to use her powers and Snowball didn't have any right now, either.

"Honestly," Akane said. "I don't want to message either of them. But... I remember how it felt to be alone in that other world. I was scared, and felt like no one was going to save me. I don't want either of them to feel that, either."

Akane sent out a quick message to both.

Are you guys okay? I haven't seen you guys much lately, so I just want to check in. I don't know what I could do to help, but know that I want to.

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

@Ehb
A simple press was all that she needed.
The World held hostage at the tip of her fingers.
A crimson hue heralding the arrival of the abnormal.

The on-lookers around Sasara stopped moving. Ino stopped moving. Her best friend, frozen in place. Nobody had noticed the girl's glorious transformation. One girl replaced by another. Despite the abnormality that the situation in itself harbored, things seemed relatively in order, except the very timely message from Akane..

There weren't even any monsters, small or big, except... any doubts Sasara could have had before were now shattered as the translucent shadowy fog around Meguru had taken on a new form. Instead, she was now engulfed by a thick, nauseating, purple-black aura. Below, a multitude of half-rotten yet healthy vines that twined around her Senpai's body, even going so far as piercing her chest - albeit without any visible wound - just to sprout forth on the other side of her body. Aside from a few buds, closer inspection would reveal the plant to pulsate in a slow, but steady, rythm too.

All of this stood in complete contrast to a beautiful Aurora that tore open the sky, now more visible than ever.

@Karyra
"Alrighty!" Namiko happily clapped her hands together. "With that out of the way we..." It happened. Again. Just as Akane had experienced on her shopping trip, the world around her changed. Akane did not need witness people stop moving to know what had just happened. The lack of ambient sound from the students at ground level, the red tint that was easily noticeable. And... "...wewo! That was, sudden" Only confirmed Akane's suspicion.

Above them, a huge hole in the sky. As if reality itself had been ripped apart to give insight into a realm beyond their own. The various auroras that sprawled through the sky like vines, all intersecting at the big gap that had all sorts of colors and forms constantly changing and shifting. Quite mesmerizing and, in fact, the longer Akane looked the more she could see it taking shape- "Ahem..." Namiko cleared her throat.

"As I just said, my prediction might just come true after all!... Not that it is a good thing! But... maybe you better check it out?! I'll cheer you on from the sidelines!"

@Luma
... everything was back to normal.
Maybe Chihaya was still close?
Maybe Snowball could look for her?
Or maybe, she could just go home?
Or maybe she could check up on Akane?
Snowball only noticed now, but she had gotten a message from the girl already 15 minutes or so ago!

• According to Plan
  • Spicy
Sunowubaru Rumiparo
Generic Sidewalk #04

@Skyswimsky as GM
@Karyra as Akane Tachibana
@Ehb as Sasara Kaidou​

Snow blinked as the world turned back to normal, her soda weapon now just a regular bottle of soda in her hand. She squeezed it just to make sure it was real, then jumped up to an unremarkable height, especially considering she wasn't far from the ground in the first place.

"What a freak," Snow raspberried into the vacant air, only to discover a small boy on the swingset which had previously been empty. He stared at her. She stared at him.

"Uhm... not you, you're fine. I was uhm... you know... someone else..." she stammered awkwardly at the kid who took a moment, shrugged, and continued licking his ice cream. Snow wandered off, rubbing her neck gently. "Hm... weird, it kinda feels like I'm getting a cold..."

On her way home, she pulled out her phone, raising a finger to her cheek in thought before replying...

Never better! Turns out I was right: you just need to have a near-death experience to unlock your phone!

So I was thinking, maybe we could trick our phones somehow...

Like, you could try to get toast out of a toaster using forks, but we unplug the toaster when the phone isn't looking.

I mean like... when the camera isn't looking. We could point it away when we unplug it, and then... yeah.

She continued writing a new text...

"Oh, I also met a........"

Snow winced, her hand snapping up to her neck again and rubbing it over a few times.

"What's going on here...?" she murmured to herself, now seriously concerned. She tried again.

"...stran..."

Her thumbs were now shaking from fighting off an invisible pain in her neck.

"Don't tell me what to do, you two-toned fake!!" she shouted, receiving more concerned stares from a young couple across the street.

"Oh, don't pay her any mind, honey. I've heard some pretty nasty rumors about that one..." the young man consoled, leading his love away from the angry Snowball as quickly as possible.

"N-no, not you!! Why is there always someone there!?" she complained indignantly. With growing frustration, Snow continued trying to type the message, using her phone style, her nose, and even her tongue, before ultimately just holding her breath and trying to power through. Her finger grew increasingly shakey as her strength failed. As Snow collapsed on the sidewalk, her finger brushed over the send button...

Oh, I also met a stranfqbgie;k,./

• Spicy
  • OMG
Sasara Kaidou

Once again, she was there. Alone in the frozen world.

Again feeling the sensation of her height being different, Sasara momentarily inspected herself. Pressing the button on the phone had indeed transformed her, and by the looks of it, this 'form' was the form that was specifically for her it seemed. The blue hair with streaks of pink, the frilly dress and fur scarf. And most impressively the manicured nails that Sasara couldn't replicate even with stick-ons.

The moment to be amazed was short though. She looked over towards Meguru, frozen just as she was just about to take another step away.

Closer inspection revealed the 'plant' that seemed to be growing in and around Meguru. The malevolent aura that surrounded her figure just screamed that whatever it was, it wasn't good for Meguru to be infected with whatever sort of parasite this thing was. Sasara, still not to keen on the workings of this strange world, could only feel the desire to 'get it off' somehow.

However, there was a simple problem. Sasara still did not know how to use magic.

The staff with the glass bauble that was destroyed in the first encounter had transformed back into her grip this time around, immaculate and shiny as if nothing had happened at all last time. Considering Sasara already seen enough Mahou Shoujou shows, she didn't question the logic behind it. Really, how could she even rationalize anything that was happening right now?

Faced with now knowing what needed to do, she did what anyone would do in that situation. She attempted to Gaggle it on her phone.

But, before the question as to whether 5TG worked worked in this space could be answered, there was the message that came from 'Akane' one of the other girls that were present that last time all this happened. Still, would Akane even have any more of an idea as to what was going on with Meguru that she herself did? Sasara distinctly... remembered Akane running off and screaming her head off at the sight of this dimension's monsters. What would she even be able to do for Meguru here?

In the middle of her thoughts, Snowball replied to that message as well. She began with some analogy about their transformations, forks, and bread toasters before having some sort of elliptic seizure.

Sasara tapped on the app to reply and ask what happened to Snow...

Welcome back to Momoji, Kaidou-san!

Before we get started up, let's update your credentials! Please enter your personal email and password. A code will be sent in order to verify your account on this device!

Personal Email: >_
Password:

[ If you need a new Momoji Account, Create One Here! ]

- Momoji, Let's Mesaageawesome!

Sasara pinched the bridge of her nose. Remembering her only friends in primary school though Momoji was too mainstream and only used Discourse to communicate like their older siblings. When she got her new phone this year, the phone vendor transferred over her apps and data but she never touched Momoji afterward.

Sasara spent the next few minutes trying to remember a password.

@Skyswimsky as Excuse to keep finding a momoji icon.
@Karyra as one of those trolly dilemmas
@Luma as Becoming a Statistic

• Spicy

Staring up at the rift, Akane's phone buzzed in her hand. What in the world could she do against that? Suddenly, even as she was called back to realty, she felt like running. There was no way she could do anything against that.

"What am I going to do? Throw my phone at it?" Akane asked Namiko. She checked the messages and...

She was on her own. Snow was... well whatever was happening there was not anything she could help with, She also was not about to stick a fork in the toaster, Sasara didn't have a response, as usual, and Namiko couldn't open up her app.

The phone idea was suddenly her best option.

Akane threw her phone as hard as possible at the giant gaping hole in the sky... and dimly realized she needed the app to transform. Not that it worked, really, but at least having it on her might help. Now, she had no way to transform, unless she managed to catch her phone on the way down. If it came down.

"Well," Akane said. "Uh, I guess that... was a thing I just did."

• Spicy
  • Bucket of Rainbows

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

@Ehb

The devious plant didn't seem to mind Sasara's presence at all, doing as little (or much) as it had been before. Except giving her a feeling of uneasiness that only grew the closer she was.

Maybe it was her mind playing tricks on her, in this pseudo desolate space, but somehow she felt slightly mocked by the plant! Outside of that the plant was showing no hostility towards the Magical Girl.

As far as the internet was concerned, things seemed to work somewhat fine, albeit slower. Slow enough to be noticeable, in fact.

@Karyra
Akane threw the phone towards the hole high up in the sky! It was very ineffective.

Gravity did its thing and the phone fell as quickly as it rose.

"What are you doing...?" Namiko asked rather unamused. "That hole in the sky is what you're supposed to protect... not, uh... attack!" She sighed, not moving as much as a muscle to catch the phone. "Either way... I think you should really check up on your friends." She said worried. "Getting dragged into it like this? Not a good sign."

@Luma
As Snowball was lying there for a while, all passed out, a single pigeon landed on her head. All majestic, as time was passing at the speed of one second per second.

@Ehb // Sasara Kaidou​

Akane scrambled to try and catch her phone before it shattered on the rooftop. She nearly lost it, fumbling with it for a horrifying second before she securely held it to her chest. She let out a big sigh of relief once she was sure it was intact. She quickly stuffed it into her pocket after seeing no new nofications -that meant something bad had happened- and looked at Namiko.

Akane suppressed an annoyed tch and said, "well it's my first time seeing it in person. Can't say I'm a pro at this after getting roped into this again..."

Akane quickly bowed and ducked down the stairs towards the rest of the group. It hadn't been long since school got out so... they had to be nearby, right? Akane dashed through hallways and jumped over several stairs and did whatever it took to find the others. If Namiko wouldn't do anything, then it was up to Akane.

No response was only slightly more worrying than Snowball's garbled end message. Both were bad, but Snowball was ok... well for now it seemed that Snowball had defeated an enemy. Akane was raiding another classroom when she caught sight of the cotton candy hair of Sasara's magical girl form.

It didn't take long to get down there, now that the girl knew where she was going.

"Sasara! Are you okay?"

Akane ran to join the magical girl's side, and saw the plant. It was twined so deeply with this girl that Akane needed a moment to realize that there was a person in there. Wow that had to be uncomfortable.

"Wow," Akane said, "that's... huh. I think -not to state the obvious- we need to burn that down. Wait no, that girl's inside that. Can we... pull it out of her?"

• Spicy
  • Sympathy & Compassion
ill3.jpg

Sasara Kaidou

Sasara had been unsucessfully trying to guess her password before Akane arrived to join her. The latter was quick to notice the leafy things that seemed to be growing out of Meguru in what only looked more and more alarming the more one looked at it. Both Sasara and Akane seemed to understand that whatever those were, they were not good, and needed to be removed somehow.

Akane was quick to suggest simply yanking them out, as if they were some sort of weed in a flower bed.

"I want to free her of that plant....'thing' too. But, would it be really that easy when it's so intertwined and grown into her like that?" Sasara walked up closer to Meguru, turning to the side a little, to see Akane out of the corner of her eye, but not just turning her back to the plant, she explained to Akane a little bit more.

"This is my friend, Meguru Chise. She was acting strange so.... I pressed the app on the phone out of desperation. But, it's just what I thought. I think her weird behavior is connected to the plant that's growing in her right now. I'm sure of it. But, I don't even know if 'saving' her would be as simple as pulling it out of her. Dosen't it sound like there would be a chance of some kind of bad reaction if we just did that, Aka-"

Sasara cought herself from being too informal.

"Do you really think that nothing bad will happen to Meguru-chan if we just pulled it out, Tachibana-san?" She asked, genuinely concerned.

@Karyra as Akane Tachibana

Last edited:
  • Spicy