Igniting Hearts!

Pixiv.Id.5279612.full.2845716.png

Hisashiro Academy - Rooftop
Interactions: @Skyswimsky // Namiko, Higher Powers
@Ehb // Sasara Kaidou​

Akane sighed as she examined the plant. Sasara had a point. The thing was too entwined with the- Meguru Chise. There was no way to just yank it all off of her. Akane was so focused on the plant that she nearly missed the informal mention of her name. Akane was conflicted if she wanted Sasara to call her so formally, but there were other things to focus on.

"Well, maybe we can try cutting the vines off from the root? But... I mean unless you want to try some kind of magic, I have no other ideas. Well," Akane said, carefully moving to poke at the twisted plant's form. "Maybe just point your stick at it and imagine like... I don't know. What does that magical polite girl do or say?"

Akane wondered where the best place to grab scissors were.

"Also, new rule; if we activate the app, we then tell people where we are, because I got pulled in when you activated it, right? If there was a monster nearby, I'd be in serious trouble. I can't defend myself right now, so getting to where a magical girl is... is kinda important for me."

Ah! She was being rude!

"N-not that I'm mad or anything, but it seems to grab, like, an area? I don't think the whole world slows down, either. Just that if you activate it while we're all at school we all might get pulled in and it could be bad because we don't know all the rules yet and how the app works and oh god where is Kaede when I need her."

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

Day: 12th April 2019 — Friday

@Ehb
@Karyra

As Akane touched the rose-like monster(?), she could feel a surge of emotions overcoming her. As if something amplified whatever darker thoughts she had in her head - a hundredfold. Jealousy about her best friends, insecurity about her purpose, anger how Sasara (and Snow) were able to transform while she could not! And so much more. A tiny voice at the back of her head, urging her to lash out at the world and all around. For just a moment anyway, before Akane retracted her hand.

"Ah...!" To much surprise, Meguru perked up for a moment as the plant started to wriggle a bit and the 'malicious' aura grew in intensity. The girl went on her knees as she buried her face in her hands, whispering some toxic and vile words to herself about the situation from just before (and other potential 'problems' in her life).

At the same time, however, both Akane and Sasara got a notification on their phone:

W̶͞o̴͘Ȩ̡͟͝;̵̨̨̀͘ḑ̸́͠l̷̴͠r̢̡n҉̷́d̷̡̢ ̛͘҉D͘͜i̧͏͜͝҉ś̸̢͘͝ò̴̷͢r̵͝ṕ̶̶̶͘p̷͡a̶̧͟v̴̧̡͝áļ́͘͢͡ ̧̢̛͘͘Ùl̶̴̢t̷͏à̵̀͜m̶͞i̸͠͞t͠͏̛ų̶̸̕̕m̨̀͝
B-alCss Ymuoa deetcetd!
̦̺̙̩̈̉͑ͨ͌B̸͙̖̘͊͆̎̃́-̨̪͕͎͕̤͕͆̅ͭ̓ͤ͡aͭ̑́͒̉͐̉̀҉͉̙͉̙l̴̰̻̓̾͢͢C͉̝͊͘͢s͉̲̜̲̟̞̍̒ͬ͂̐̐̀͜ͅs̔̇͛̎͆͂͟҉̥̬̱ ̧̨͎͓̻̦̹͎͆͒̍͐̂̔͑͂̕Y̢͍ͥͦ͛͆̾ͭ̓̕͟m̤̱̭̺̰͓͛͐̉̏̑͒̎̅u͕̰̯̗̇͗̏̒̓̋̋̂̀͘͢o̷̸ͮͩͭ̈̎̚҉͓̺̦̺͉̳̣͖ã̵̮̞̠͓̪̣ͬ̓̐̃ͥ̏ ̡̈͒ͮ̆͋̂͊̓͏͚̙̗̻̼̗͘d̹̱͖̥̫̠̯̜͊ͥ̎ͦ̇̊ͦ̀̀̕e̸͔̙̚͞ĕ̡͉̭͈̬̯̺͍̏̈̌̾̀͜t͖̮͈̏͊ͯͮ͠c̥̪͈̺̹̖͙͐͌̂̃̾̉ͫ̚͜͡e̷̲͓̹̣ͥ̋t̴̖̠̗̗̫͋́ͭd̛̰̩ͨͨ̎ͪͮ̕!̤͚̥̪̦̩̉͢͡
̸̨̗̲̩̪̭ͮ̍́͐͟T̸̺̼̟̣̖̣̰̓͛ͯͧ̒́ͪ̍ḁ̴̡̟̜͖͓̯̪̠̂ͩ́̓͌ͪ̌̌̀ė̠̰͓̮̭̘ͦ͑̈ͬͧͪ͜͜ͅg̪̭͆ͭ̔͝͞r̨̦̫͈̗̬͔̭ͦͪͫ͑͑̏t̥͎͍̬͉̃ͣ̎͆̀ͣ̎̓:͈͔̮̹̎͆̔͒ͮͭ͛ͭ̽ ̡͇̳ͨ̀ͨ̓͝M̨̖̟͍̻ͮr̡͕̳̮̺̺̜̪̼̾̉ͨ̈ͫͮ͌ͫ̔ự̶̶̣̫̙̣͒̉͊͋ͣ̒̀ͧͅg͕̞̥ͤ͗ͦě̬͇̠̲̤̏̄̊͊̈́͢uͪͬ҉̸͖̫ ͮ́̏̍͠͏̬̠Ĉ͉͔̤͉̈́́̕͞s̠̟͍͙͈̼ͩ̊͆ͭ͆̊̉̐į͕͎̟͕̙͔͙̊h̨̼̮͖̞̩̥͆͗͗̊ͨ̀͗͝͠ē̓͏̼̼̪̬̜̣͔̝
̵̴̧̖̘̲̹̠̃̃̏B̠̣͕̫̣̰̖̠͗̀O̡̜͖̯̘͇͍̜̝̲ͦͧ͒͗̓̇́̈́̃͡N͈̳̻̩̱̯̠̏͂͒ͣͨͫ̐̕ͅv͙̳̟̫͖͗ͨ̅e̷͑ͧ̄̎͑͌̌̆͏͙͕̲̫̗L̔̒̈́͏̴̲̖-̷͔͖̖͇͇̄͋́ͧ̄ͧͩ̍͊D̸̫͇̰̘̜͌̍ͨͩ̓̌͛ͥ͘͝e͍̭ͤͥ̑͐̋̈́ͫl̷̶̹̤̤̤̉̄͋:̶̳̟̼͖͕̱͇̝̦ͭͪ̀͊ͫ́͐͞͠ ̷͖̻̘̞̫̫̇͛͗̔ͪẸ̩̳̼ͨ̆͑͘ͅ
̾ͬ̒͏̵̺͓̰̟̘͠E̲̭͚̰͙͆͗͆̇ͦ̒̀͞s̻̜͎̺̙͌ͩͭ̓ͩ̄ͭ͘͡͝t̥̳͓̙͍͓ͦͥ͝ã͈̬̤͔̪̗̮ͯͣ͗̃͘m͚̻̘̼̟̋̎ͥ̔̓ͬǐ̭͙̄͗ͩͩ̑͜t̶̥̤̲̯̯̰̘ͧ́͜͟e̶ͨ̽͐͊ͥ̔̊͒͏̳̩̭d̛͖̼̩̲̞̼͌̎ͨ̀ͤ̚̕ͅ ̰̦̦͍̦̋ͨ̄͑̈C̷̖̬͍̙̫̲̰̋ͪ̏͢c̸̸̗͍̙̙̬̻̝ͭ̾̒ͧ̐͌̾̄ͨṅ̴̷̰̻͎͚̱͋ͬ͂ͦ́a̬̰̲͑͂̈́̀̀ͭ̇h̵̬̫ͦ̆̚e̱͔̗͔͚͙͍̗̽̏̂̏̍͑͑͝ ̸̸̣̜̲̫̇̎̇ͮ̋̎̈́͊o̫͙̰͓̔͑̕f̻̖̥̰͓̤̪̭̀́̚͞͞ ̢̟̱̮͔̌̐ͩͅŞ̸͎̹̄̌̀̈̿ͥ̚u͈͇͚̙͖̹ͮͣͯ͒ͮͬ͗͗̀s̵ͯͥ̾̐ͮ̿̒̽҉͖̺͍̰ę̛̕c҉̡c̷̶̕͢s̶͝͡:͟ ̧͘͜V҉̀̕͘͠r̷̕͝e̶͡͞͡ý̸͡͝ ̴̛͘͜L̀͟͡o̵̢͘w͏̕͡͝
Y̛͡͏eş ͡N͟o͟ ̴͟͠D̀i͡i͠m͜͝s͜͠ss̀

World;End Disapproval Ultimatum
B-Class Youma detected!
Target: Meguru Chise
BOND-Level: A
Estimated Chance of Success: Low
DIVE NOW?
Yes No Dismiss

For both of the girls it looked like they could press three different options.

@Luma
As Snow continued to enjoy the ground, two more pigeons joined in company, for a total of three. One picking a bit on her clothes while another one used the girl's hair as a makeshift nest, its white feathers blending into the girl's hair rather smoothly.

Last edited:
  • According to Plan
  • Spicy
Reactions: Luma and Ehb

Interactions: @Skyswimsky // Plant-like Youma, Higher Powers
@Ehb // Sasara Kaidou​

Akane felt as though she would be crushed by all of the emotions she felt once she touched the plant monster. The twisted form of Snowball appeared in her mind, a goopy, angry being that just watched Akane. No eyes, just a half melted dark pair of sockets. The thing felt far away, but like it could also close the gap like Akane's first Youma, and it would swallow her whole. It smiled. Akane thought she could see it drool as it waited for her to acknowledge it.

"͢Di̵d y͝ou h͢ave͜ dŗȩa͢m͠s͏ ͞of ̨b̧e̴ìng̨ a̸ ̶he̵ro, tumo̷r̨?"̕

It laughed.

"D͜o̸n'͘t̶ ͜you w͏an͝t t̷o get y͢our rev͡e̴ńg̢e͟ on the̸m? ͢Kill-"

Akane's relief was visible as she stumbled back, eyes wild. Cold sweat seeped out from her forehead and hands, and she breathed hard. The voice was quieter now, not nearly as visible, but she could see that smile. Hear the words. Softer now, but still clear. It had merely brought the awful truth of what she felt to the surface. But it knew where she was vulnerable. It only had to wait.

"͝What͜ ̶a ̶ho͏rrible͜ ͘p̴e͟r̕son y̢ou ár̸e҉, Aķan̕e.҉"͟

Akane sat down, letting her heart settled back down. "Don't touch it, Sasara."

Her phone continued to buzz in her pocket, and eventually Akane pulled it out of see a bunch of garbled text. She wished she'd dropped back on the roof, for all the good it was doing for her. Akane sighed at the screen, trying to pick out the text from the three button prompts. She should let t͢hé mąg͢i̶c͜al̸ ̀g̕iŕl ͏ handle it. What good could Akane do? S̡h̕e wa҉s ẁòr̨t̶hl̀e͠s̸s.

"I'll... I'll go. I can give you want a distraction, or something. A... very short lived distraction, at any rate."
Akane said, but she wanted to go. Truly. Going out in a blaze of glory was better than wasting away like she was currently.

Sasara Kaidou
Town of Hisahiro, Hisahiro Academy

"Meguru-chan...!"

Mystified.

Sasara Kaidou was simply mystified at the goings on before her. Happenings that she still was finding hard to grasp... as they continued to mash down her preconceptions of how reality worked. The troubled reaction that Akane had to just trying to approach the plant was evidence enough that some sort of dark force was at work. Or what that just the true nature of the world?

In any case, from the firsthand experience, Akane suggested against getting close to Meguru and the parasitic plant. Did that mean there was nothing she could do to help her friend?

Her phone seemed to reply to that internal thought on command.

"World End, Disapproval Ultimatum. Youma...?" Sasara worded out the unfamiliar terminoligy as she and Akane looked at their screens.

"I'll... I'll go." Akane began. "I can give you want a distraction, or something. A... very short lived distraction, at any rate."

Sasara tooked from her phone to Akane, wearing an expression was both skeptic and concerned about Akane's proposition.

"...What do you mean exactly, Tachibana-san? What are you even suggesting?"

She was a little alarmed by the wording, after all.

@Karyra as Akane Tachibana

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy
Reactions: Luma and Skyswimsky

@Ehb // Sasara Kaidou​

"...What do you mean exactly, Tachibana-san? What are you even suggesting?"

"N-not anything dangerous, of course! I mean that I can only run and yell at it for so long before I get tired,"
Akane lied. "It's just... if I stay I'm just running away again."

That little voice stayed, but she knew for sure she couldn't give up either. Wasn't she also angry at herself for running away? Angry at herself for being a coward? More than anything, that voice and the plant had pointed out everything she hated about herself. Her jealousy, her powerlessness...

And she was listening to it. For a moment, she let it win over her own better judgement. But this wasn't about her weakness, it was about this girl. Meguru. Her own words renewed her confidence, letting the lie turn into truth.

"I mean, if we do nothing we leave her in this plant thing. Having seen what it does to people," Akane said, "I won't let someone suffer with that without even knowing why. You understand, right?"

Akane didn't know a lot of things. Like why she was chosen, or why her app didn't work, or what World End, Disapproval Ultimatum meant. But despair was something she knew. It was in every time she was around Hanako. How could she feel this way about a friend? But that was how it was.

"Take me with you. I'll be okay, as best I can. I obviously can't promise anything, but I'll try. Please."

Sasara Kaidou

Akane wanted to help. But, it was clear from what she was saying that she still had reservations about the risks involved. Sasara was about just as clueless as Tachibana was about what was going on. But, the only difference between the two right now was that she was at least in her magical girl form. At the very least, She was supposed have some sort of power like Kaede did - even if she didn't know how to use it.

There were things Sasara wanted to say to Akane. But, at this stage of knowing here, they were too obtusely forward. Instead...

"The other magical girl we met. That was Kiyabu-senpai, right?"
Sasara began, recalling the magical girl who saved them before. "If anything goes wrong, we'll probably need her help right? So, Tachibana-san, please stay back in case we need to get her help."

It was the nicest way she could put it at that moment.

If Sasara failed, it would be up to someone else to help Meguru.

It probably would've been the smart thing to contact Kaede Kiyabu before attempting anything - but it was ultimately Sasara who had initiated this incident in the first place. Sasara didn't intend to drag Akane back into this strange world when she pressed that transformation button in the heat of the moment.

Besides, her phone was giving her the next direct courses of action.

"Estimated Chance of Sucess: Low... huh?"

Sasara looked from her phone up to Akane, seemingly resigned to how unprepared she was for any of this scenario. Maybe she didn't want to answer the prompt that would lock her into deciding Meguru's fate? But... in her hand along with her phone, she was still holding the heart shaped hair bangle that Meguru had just dropped.

It filled her with enough courage to step forward into the unknown.

There was no way she was going to leave Meguru with that monster infesting her.

Dive Now?

> [ YES ] <

@Skyswimsky as App Prompt

• Spicy
  • Sympathy & Compassion

@Ehb // Sasara Kaidou​

"Oh." Akane said.

All that confidence came crashing down around her. That was right. She wasn't the hero. She was the girl who got left behind. The girl who couldn't transform. Akane didn't know what else she could say to Sasara's statement to refute it, so Akane put on a small smile and let herself die inside.

"Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on your friend. Good luck in fighting the youma."

Akane looked at her own pop up, trying to figure out the words in the message. Maybe she'd wait out here for just a little bit, then charge in? She wasn't a hero. All she'd be good for is getting herself killed. So she pulled open the messenger and typed out to Kaede;

Hey. Got a B level Youma infecting a student? Not sure what that's about, but you should get here quick. Sasara is engaging it alone.

Akane deleted, because I'm useless to help her, and sent the message off. Now all she had to do was wait for the message to fully clear and wait. This would be a good time to catch up on her homework, at least. Akane thought about the thing on the roof. That thing really had chosen poorly, huh?

Sasara Kaidou

Sasara descended.
The assurance of Akane Tachibana were the last thing she heard before her senses seemed to simply... cut off.

But now, regaining herself, she felt herself falling down - softly so. A dark night that surrounded her began to light up with soft yellow light. Muddy details began to come into focus as she came to a gentle landing on the ground. It was only at that moment that Sasara could come to appreciate what the option of 'diving' meant. But, a question remained: what was it exactly that she had just dove into?

More details began to emerge. Chairs, a whiteboard. The side windows into the hallway, and the outside windows into a dim night sky. It wasn't even quite 'night' either. It felt like a palette of dark and yellow was being used to color the world - dark and depressing. Additionally, she wasn't alone in this classroom either.

Her sense of hearing returning, she could hear the whispers of the forms around her. Forms were scattered about the classroom wearing school uniforms... the same ones from her old school. Upon closer study, Sasara could almost swear that their grey and fuzzy features identified with faces she knew from before as well. However, to call them alive or sentiment would've been a step too far. They were merely phantoms, whispering and murmuring dark conversations in a loop.

They whispers were demeaning. Disapproving.
They spoke to each other mockingly about the antics of an unkempt girl who was more boyish than girl. A delusional student who was wasting away their youth fantasizing about the impossible rather than living in reality. She was dragging the others into her 'club' to enable their irresponsible tendencies.

Sasara, knowing her friend all too well, was able to piece it together rather quickly.
This scene was like a library of the times Meguru was made fun of at school. All the people who said negative things about her - over the things that she did that made her considered eccentric by the other students.

The magical girl felt her veins run cold.

"Chise-chan was acting like a dragon the other day. It was soooo wierd!"

From among the whispers, she made out her own voice. Her own words.

"Her acting is so energetic, I think she could really start breathing fire! Hahaha! So scary!"

The girl with pink hair and a ponytail made fun of Meguru Chise to get a laugh from the other students. As she repeated those words in her loop, Sasara could feel a truly distinctly sharp bitterness.

Sasara hated it this. The loathsome atmosphere was oppressive. Did she just dive into some sort of nightmare?

@Skyswimsky as GM

• Spicy
  • Sympathy & Compassion

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

@Karyra

As the two girls decided what to do, the last thing Akane saw of Sasara was a bright light emerging from her - bright enough to force the girl to close her eyes - and then she was gone. Just like that. Nothing left. Maybe it was wishful thinking, or her own mind going crazy, but between the sickening dark aura surrounding Meguru, a few glimmers of light could be seen every now and then. Though the plant seemed as eager as ever to keep clinging to the girl.

For the message Akane sent, she got no answer yet alone a message read symbol. At least it was sent. Then again, it was crazy to assume that the other girl was sitting on her phone all day, or was it? She was hospitalized after all.

Akane seemed to be alone.

Day: ???
@Ehb

The atmosphere was toxic, loathsome, and negative. A space that seemed to exist with the sole purpose to hurt. Yet there was more, as the scenery around Sasara continued to loop, she felt a ever growing sense of dread. As if with every passing moment here, her existence turned more and more from a spectator to an actor. As with every passing second, the sensory organs of whatever was responsible for this scenery adjusted to the presence of the Mahou Shoujo.

Bit by bit, it was some sort of magical instinct that made her know she wouldn't be safe for too long. The phone had told her about a low chance of success, but had she even considered it meant a high chance of death? Or maybe the gloomy atmosphere was simply affecting her too much...

"Hey, for you!" The girl said, throwing a open bottle of green tea at Meguru, soaking her wet as the package burst open upon impact. What? it's magic! A spell!" Mocking her even further as she gathered more favor with the faceless crowd that seemed to grow.

"You try it too, it's easy." Sasara heard a whisper directly spoken into her mind. From one moment to the next, the crowd was gone, leaving only the magical girl herself and Meguru on the stage as she could feel the weight and texture of a putrid ball-shaped object of something in her hand. And a strong urge to do exactly what she was told...

@Luma
"Mommy! Mommy! Look! Pigeons. It's a pigeon-tamer!" A kid called out, about to storm off to the now 15 or so pigeons shitting sitting all over Snowball's body, having rightfully claimed her to be theirs. "Don't look, son." The mother had a iron grip on the kid. "If you don't study hard you will one day end up looking like that, too." She used it instead a 'learning' exercise, clearly disgusted at the freckled Snowball, though the kid seemed amazed at the sight.

• OMG
  • Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Ehb and Luma

@Ehb // Sasara Kaidou​

Akane watched the plant. The aura seeming to mock her. She checked the messenger app again and still the message wasn't read. So now what? Akane thought about it for a moment. Her app was still open, to that garbled pop up. She was starting to see words in it, and she could see the Yes or No buttons.

So was she going to roll over and let that plant thing win and let it tell her who she was?

Was she going to leave Sasara to face this down alone?

Even Snowball hadn't responded. No one was coming to help Sasara if things went wrong. Was she okay with the fact that if she waited out here to let Sasarawork alone that the other girl could end up badly hurt?

"No," Akane said, moving to stand up after sitting around waiting for a message back. "I'm not okay with that."

Her phone made a small beep to confirm that she had pressed Yes.

It was like the world had opened up and now she was falling through the air. This was a bad decision, Akane thought as she tried to protect her face, closing her eyes and waiting for that brutal impact that was sure to come. However, it never came. Instead, she felt the ground rise up beneath her as if to catch her. Her clothes settled strangely on her shoulders, and Akane opened her eyes to see that she looked like those faceless staring up and towards something.

Hurtful words were being said to the figures on the stage.

"Meguru Chise is braver than I am!"
Akane yelled. "She was willing to be the center of attention! For good or ill, Chise will be braver than I to let her own hobbies an interests be mocked by the people who will never get her."

Akane ran towards the stage, feeling that oppressive atmosphere from before increase to a feeling of being watched. It was awkward to climb up so high without any kind of fancy magic, but she managed. How Sasara managed to avoid giving in to the voice was mystery.

"U̜͢s͔̪e̞̫̖͔̘̞͟ͅl̬̰e̼s̛̜̻̠̺̙͈s̥̖̰͕ͅ ̧̦̻̥͚p̖͚͓̗͓l̫̫̲̮̼̕àt̛̗͚̣͉i̸̘̦ͅt͏͉̖̯͈̭u͙͇̫͙d̹̯̹̙̹͍e͔͔͉̳̫ṣ͓̱̖͓͢.̭̗̝̗̮̲"

"I know I didn't go to your school or anything, and I have no right to talk about bullying, but I mean it. I'm not even sure my best friend knows I have any hobbies or interests, because I'm too afraid to say anything."
Akane said, leaving off for Sasara to say something.

Akane glanced at the thing in the magical girl's hand, and silently hoped that Sasara was immune to all this... whatever it was. Youma, plant, whatever. She could feel the Snowball in her mind creep closer and closer, waiting until it was over her shoulder to remind her how useless she was. What did she think she was doing? Playing a hero?

She let herself remember Namiko's words, "Tachibana Akane, stop putting yourself down like that!"

Akane steeled herself for the high probability that Sasara might throw that green... whatever it was, and she needed to act quickly to block it. Well, if she got hit with goo, then so be it. She was expecting a big monster, anyway. Goo was much less deadly.

Sasara Kaidou

Sasara's senses steadily turned numb. There was most certainly an alarm as these symptoms began to onset. Her intuition was screaming that something was starting to go wrong. But even so, what was she supposed to about it? Sasara was... helpless. Even at the point that she wanted to scream, all she could feel was this cold desire to listen to the devilish little things the voice was telling her.

The voice was mischievously told her to throw that thing at the visage of Meguru before her.

It was gross - the thing in her hand. It wasn't so much that Sasara wanted to throw it at Meguru, so much as she wanted to get it away from herself. If Meguru Chise just so happened to have the audacity to be in her way when she disposed of the gross thing, then Meguru would only have herself to blame, after all.

Right?
Sasara?

The magical girl raised her arm motionlessly. As if plainly winding up to make the throw. The prattling of Akane Tachibana echoed in the recesses of Sasara's own conciousness as if trying to hear someone speak underwater. It was utterly muddled. In yet, Sasara continued to feel the strong urge to get rid of the 'thing' in her hand.

She wanted it gone.
Sasara Kaidou was about to throw it at Meguru Chise!

@Skyswimsky as GM

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy
Reactions: Skyswimsky and Luma

@Ehb // Sasara Kaidou​
"L̢̞̳̼e̪̭̝̩̞̰̯t̡̩̝ ̥͙͕͘h̬͕̰̞͕͈e҉̺̲̝͎̲͎̤r̛̝̮ ̻̰̮̞̟̦͔͘d̬̙o̯͡ ͓̯͎̩i͎͡t̰̟̻̳͈̫!"

The voice was getting stronger the longer they stayed in this... place. Youma were things to be feared if they could do this to a magical girl and... Akane. She bit down hard on her lip to pull herself out of the spiral. The girl saw Sasara raise her arm to throw that... gross thing.

Akane stood between Sasara and Meguru, holding out her arms like some kind of protector.

" Y̜̝̮͉̞̝͈͜ou̠'̷̼͉̪͇͓̞r͚̪̬ͅe̞̠̪̠̝ ̵̳̠̣ͅn͕̺̝͓̺̣͍o͈̖͎͍̬͡t̩!҉͎̥ͅ "

Akane stood firm, faced with the very real possibility of getting hit with this... thing.

"Sasara! I'm not even a magical girl and I'm doing a better job than you! How dare you let a plant tell you to hurt your
friend!"

Akane braced for something painful. Magical girls were stronger than the average human, so if Sasara was out of it enough to throw that thing, she'd be doing it with all her strength. However, she never let her gaze leave Sasara's arm, in case the other girl tried to throw it like a curveball. There was no way she was letting it hit Meguru Chise, like this stupid plant wanted.

" I͠ c̲͚a̳̼̣̰͚n͚͘'͏̘t͔̳͠ ͟w̷̲̩a̼̬͉͉̗̱ͅí͇t̮̩͕̤̱̀ ̲̙͓̠t̹̮̱̝̮̯̠͡o̳̦̪ ̪͕͚͝s̹̫̙̩̩e̛e͏̫ ̵y̥̥͎̲̠̭o̯̦̼̩̪͎u̦ ̱̘̬̜̙̞̫̕r̨̤͇̻̲ͅͅu̪̹n ͔̱̬̤̖̹͕a͏̻̲̭͚͖̟w̼̘͖ͅa̢̻̯̳̫ý̼̗̹ ͏̖̙̯͙̗w̲̲͉̗̻ͅh̛̳̮e͚͎̻͖̝̙̰͝n̷̝͖ ̬͈͙͖͓͕thi̭̗̮͙̤n̖g̮͉͈̗̖̗͍s̨͍͓͕̖ͅ ͔̜̠͢g̭̳̞̗et̶̥̟ ̣̩̣̲͍h̜̹̩͙̘a͚͖̲̣̗̠̖r͉d̛̜͕̠ ͙̪̦͙̠̭̰a͡g͈̹͜a̢̠̯̺̟ì̘n̗̱̩͈͚̥.̵̼͙̘̮͈ "

• Spicy
  • Sympathy & Compassion
Sasara Kaidou

Akane Tachibana felt something metal get shoved under her chin.
Sasara nudged it against Akane's face with a bemused look on her face. It was dripping with sinister intent.

"This thing in my hand is real super gross, you know? I don't care who it hits, I just want to get rid of it is all. Whether it be Chise-chan, or it be you, it makes no difference to me."

From Akane's point of view Sasara as the magical girl was phasing. The image was struggling as another form - the form of Sasara as a younger middle schooler with the dark and twisted coloration - kept on interloping into view.

"But, since I'm so~ nice, I should warn you. This gross thing is seriously going to gross out whoever gets hit by it. Like really~ bad." Another nudge from her staff. "Maybe you should mind your own business before you get hurt. Get out of the way - you nobody."

Behind Sasara...
A visage - like some kind of ghost - seemed to be pulling Sasara Kaidou's strings. The control was highly effective. Once the world had recognized who the magical girl really was, it was very easy to interpose this twisted version of Meguru Chise's memory on this interloper trying to rescue her.

Sasara - wholly inexperienced to any of this, has been caught off guard. She was being strung up like a compatible puppet right before Akane Tachibana's very eyes.

@Skyswimsky as GM

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy

@Ehb // Sasara Kaidou​

Akane stood firm, in spite of getting threatened with the magical staff. She tried to console her rising fear by saying that Sasara didn't know how to properly use it yet. It didn't work, but the fear paralysis was working in her favor this time. She couldn't move even if she really wanted to. Her legs seemed to be both jelly and made of stone, and Akane wasn't really sure how that was possible.

A million cocky things raced through her head as a response to the evil Sasara, but she couldn't do much more than put on a wobbly smile and say, "no."

Her hands shook, her inner monolgue was saying she should move so Sasara could hit Chise with the thing. It had to be super gross, with how she was talking, did Akane really want that on her? Come on, just move a little out of the way, Akane.

"Sorry, but I guess the only place you're throwing that is at me. Better aim well, Puppet."

Part of her was thinking that was rude, but her body was on fire trying to disobey the atmosphere, her mind was focused on staying put, and the only thing free to speak was her damn mouth. Akane locked eyes not with the Sasara in front of her, but the one just out of sight. For once, Akane wasn't trying to be the smallest thing in the room; avoiding eye contact and stuttering. The bigger Akane could be, the better to protect Chise from this... monster.

"Worst part is; at the end of this, I have to forgive you."

• Spicy
  • Sympathy & Compassion
Sasara Kaidou

It was her choice.

"Forgiveness is a virtue you won't~ be capable of by the time I'm through with you, interloper! So be it! Not my fault what happens next!"

There was no struggle of concious on Sasara's part. Her self control was already slipping. Akane Tachibana - powerless - with no magic, could only fight back by defiantly being a human shield for Meguru. With Akane not wanting to budge, Sasara threw it.

Whatever the thing was, it splashed right into her face.
The thing that had splashed into her face hit her with the sentiment of a memory.
A strong and very pungent memory.

Akane wanted to throw up. Badly.
She had no idea what she had just seen - she didn't see anything in fact. But what was so terrible was what she felt. It was loathsome, heartless, self pitying, and just outright victimized. If pure hapiness was activated through the release of Dopamine, then whatever was in that thing that Sasara had just thrown into her was just the complete opposite. Something like pure distilled despair.

There was something terrible in those feelings that had surged through Akane.

They were thoughts so terrible that Akane's own mind seemed to refuse to fully understand them as to protect itself. Nonetheless, the effect as it was, was rather accutely terrible. Sasara was not lying.

"Oh wow! You actually just stood there? Just how dumb~ are you?!" Sasara cackled aloud. Her puppet-master was taking her so far that it was becoming comical from any other perspective. But it was then - without warning - Sasara slamsthe side of her staff across Akane, throwing the would be hero back. Once again, the glass bobble at the end of her staff shatters glass all over Akane.

"A little birdie told me that you think I don't know how to use magic? Allow me to correct~ that misconception through my little demonstration~ of your very own demise!"

Sasara swipes the air. She grabs a card that materializes out of nothing. Looking it over, reading it, she smiles in a manic fasion.

"Oh! This is going to be a good one! I activate a spell!"

The card glows. Akane feels an unseen pulse roll over her body. It was a signiture invocation of magic.

"Descend Now, O' Bolt of Tempestous Storms.....!"

Akane felt her hair begin to react to static around her body - as she was about to be struck with several gigawatts of electricity. Time slowed down, as she began to realize, her very life was now in danger of being cut short by someone she was just trying to help out just moments ago.

"Lightning..."

Wait, didn't Snowball mention earlier... that in order to transform for the first time...?

"BOLTER!"

Life threatening situation. The Air above Akane Crackled.
She had to try out Snowball's theory, it was her only chance!

@Skyswimsky as it was a good vacation.
@Karyra as GET REKT

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy

@Ehb // Sasara Kaidou; Akane's demise​

Akane remembered the first time she tried hard and was shot down to be out shined by her own friend.

It was something minor. An art project with watercolors. Akane spent weeks researching pictures of water lillies and working on her piece, carefully adding detail and finally, when she finished, she stood up from the tiny desk. It looked good, especially compared to the other kids' watercolors. Akane remembered walking up to the teacher's desk, careful with her drying paint.

Hanako was there first. The teacher sung its praises and as Akane stood, stunned and ashamed of her own work, someone bumped into her from behind and smeared the watercolor across the paper, effectively ruining all her hard work.

This feeling was ten times that.

Before she could stuff down her nausea, she was hit with Sasara's staff, sending her spinning to the ground. Akane coughed and tried to get up, but her legs weren't cooperating. She could barely think both through the pain and the sheer despair and emotions bombarding her. And now... Sasara could tell exactly what her worst fear was.

And all she could do was stare up at the oncoming lightning. So she closed her eyes and let it happen.

The lightning struck true. Akane was dead. She laid there, her last moments thinking that maybe she won't forgive Sasara after all, and that she'd haunt her till the end of time. Snowball was wrong.

It was a good run, but this was always where it was going to end.

Akane thought of things no longer, the last of the sparks of electricity leaving her form. Her heart stopped, and it was quiet. Death was quiet, it turned out. All her life was quiet, and all of her death was silent.

The force on the rooftop reached out, the auroras striking through the numerous floors of the school to snake out and towards the Youma, grabbing the last spark of light floating around Chise Meguru. It reached into the nightmare, past Sasara and towards Akane. With a poof of pink smoke, a magic cabinet appeared, much like the one on stage shows. The aurora lifted Akane's body into the box and retreated.

The box separated, splitting into head, hands, legs, and body, illustrated by a simple illustration on the front. The head box floated up first, moving so quickly that one couldn't realize it was open until it had finally settled. Akane's head was inside, and behind it more smoke like the kind that manifested the box exploded and When it faded, Akane's eyes were open and her hair was green. The hands darted in front, opening with flair and smoke, showing hands with white gloves and small sleeves sticking out. The legs were next, and they had bright blue thigh high boots.

The box assembled again, and while Akane was awake with her original main outfit, it burst into confetti, transforming into a stage magician's outfit.

Akane stepped out, grabbing a hat and cane that seemed to come flying out of nowhere. The cane was decorated with magical girl-esque ornaments, and extended as Akane needed to slam it down on the stage.

She felt the force in her chest as she slammed the cane down, but tilted her hat up from her eyes to look down on Sasara.

"Looks like I need to give my Kouhai a quick spanking."

This Akane seemed... different. Like instead of pretending to be quiet and shy, she was bursting at the seams with life. She pulled up her cane and pointed it at Sasara before disappearing in a puff of smoke. Akane returned the favor from earlier by aiming a huge swing at Sasara's side from behind the cotton candy magical girl, no reservations. After all, how could Akane hold back when the other girl quite literally killed her earlier.

"Sorry, but I guess I'm going to be holding a huge grudge when this is over."
Akane leaned on her magical girl staff slash cane, watching the other girl. "After all, fair's fair and you did kill me."

Akane kicked her staff into the air, flipping it into her hand as though she had practiced all of this beforehand, when she most certainly did not. Akane swept her hat off her head and dropped the staff in, waiting for... something. Akane then reached inside and pulled out a comically sized hammer with stars on each side of the heads.

She wielded it one handed while she put her hat back on, swiping at Sasara to discourage any counter attacks.

"Promise not to kill you, but... you know us magicians tend to be good at lying right to your face."

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy
Sasara Kaidou

Sasara felt pain. Breaking her out of her muddled state of mind.

Returning back to consciousness, to control she found her 'staff' was once again comically broken. The glass bauble was broken, and the shaft had been snapped in half by some sort of force. It was also here that she realized she was not only out of pain, but felt like she just had the breath taken out of her. She drops the bits of what remained of her staff to hold her aching side, which had taken the impact of some kind of attack.

Having returned now, she couldn't piece together that she'd been just truck from the side from a transformed Akane. No, the 'girl' in front of her she could not recognized at all. This person before her was... some sort of showman of sorts. But definitely Sasara could feel the 'magic' they were giving off.

Was this the person who had just attacked her?
Intuitively understanding her self preservation she identified the transformed Akane Tachibana as a threat.

Sasara, somehow, understands what she needs to do to defend herself. She reaches out to the air beside her.

"I Draw!"
[ Sasara Rolls 1d10 for her card! -> 9 ]

Like before, Sasara pulls out a card from the air. Holding it in her hand, she sees a mechanical core with the wings, head, and tail of a cybernetic dragon. It's card title was 'Unlimited Unpermenancer'. It Read:

Unlimited Unpermenancer
[ RANK 1 ]
Seals the magic of an opponent temporarily.

A complex situation had just arisen.
Sasara whom had just regained control of herself, having been attacked by this unknown assailant.
Akane, who had just died to the controlled Sasara, had returned from the brink as a magical girl.

From Sasara's point of view, she was being attacked.
From Akane's point of view, she was just turning the tables - but Sasara's right eye was glowing yellow. Not only that, but she had just drew another one of those 'cards' that she used to cast some kind of lightning magic on her.

Sasara wills her broken staff back into her hand, fully reconstructed, once again.She clumbsily puts it between her and Akane whom had just swung at her to defend herself. Sasara didn't understand why... but she seemed to have a sudden understanding of how her magic worked - as a magical girl.

"...A-...Are you the thing responsible for what's hurting Meguru-chan!?" She accused, her voice rising as she remembered her purpose for being here.

@Skyswimsky as GM
@Karyra as Unknown Magical Girl

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy

@Ehb // Sasara Kaidou; Akane's demise​

Akane watched Sasara run and flail and summon her staff again. She idly tested the weight of her hammer. Sasara was a dangerous opponent, given how little Akane herself knew of the other's magic. So she'd let the opponent move and do things first.

The question took her back, however.

"Wow. You kill me, insult me, and accuse me of doing exactly what you were doing mere moments ago."

Akane put down her hammer and stretched. For now, maybe Sasara had snapped back to reality, and if so it would do no good to fight. Yet... Akane really wanted to pummel the other girl. This form felt odd. Like all her desires to lash out and say cruel words were right there and she couldn't stop it. She... felt powerful, actually.

"And calling me a 'thing' is rather rude, because I'm also a Magical Girl, dummy. Sasara, you go in to save your friend, tell me to sit it out, and nearly succumb- no wait you completely were at this thing's beck and call. I would also like to reiterate that you killed me. So yeah, if I'm a little testy that's why."

It was taking a lot of willpower not to just dart over and kick Sasara in her stupid cotton candy face. More than usual, but that wasn't really this... place. Akane looked around, trying to spot Chise and see if she was still all right or not. Having taken that memory goo to the face, she was kinda glad that Chise didn't have to.

"Hey! Meguru Chise, you all right back there or what?"

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy
Sasara Kaidou

The person before Sasara stated that she was Akane Tachibana, the girl whom she had left to watch over things before she hit 'dive' on her phone. The 'showman' gave some long explanation about what happened. Something about Sasara having somehow killing her, insulting her.... in any case this Akane was a bit more boisterous than the girl she'd trusted to keep an eye on things and call for help earlier.

"Is that so...?"

There were vibes coming off this person that were very, how should we say? Red? Apparently Sasara had been taken control of. Having done all these things to Akane while under control. But, the explanations of everything were jumbling up in her mind.

Sasara's eyes narrow as she tries to process through the explosion of new information.

If I killed Akane Tachibana then why is she saying she's this person here?
If I recall, Akane Tachibana said she was going to stay and contact Akane if anything went wrong...

Yes, Akane Tachibana would normally be a bit more, accommodating and cooperate. How is it in her character to go rushing in after you after admitting she had now power to do anything?

That's right. Also, Akane Tachibana never got access to her magical girl form as far as I can remember. No, she said it herself. She couldn't do anything.

I can't confirm if this person here is actually Akane Tachibana.

Like how Akane had lowered her hammer, Sasara similarly eased her staff.
She wanted to wait to hear if Meguru would respond back to Akane's calls.

The 'internal timer' for her to draw another card came through. She takes a different one out of the air.

[ Sasara Rolls 1D10 for her card! - > 8 ]

It featured two figures seeming to dive into a deep wavy vortex. She adds it to her stock of spells at the ready.

@Skyswimsky as GM Blues
@Karyra as Akane Tachibana(?)

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

Day: ???

@Ehb @Karyra

Things were taking a rather unexpected turn. The two girls who were supposed to fight together, faced off against each other. Was the Youma just that effective, or did they seem to be in some sort of disagreement? Did it, ultimately, even matter? Ever since Akane's near death experience, the atmosphere in the vast mono-colored black room had changed. It was too hard for the two to put into words other than, at the back of their minds, they simply knew. A mix of delighted, yet vile, emotions seemed to seep from every corner of the darkness.

The singular source of light, a spotlight from a unknown source above had since long shifted from centering around the supposed Meguru towards Akane and Sasara. As they exchanged a few, short, blows the vast blackness was slowly filled with wide, empty smiles and blank eyes. A crowd of faceless on-lookers, snickering and whispering and excited about the spectacle in front.

"Hey! Meguru Chise, you all right back there or what?"

Silence. The background noise of the snickering shadow-crowd stopped in one instant as Akane had addressed Meguru. Who still, simply, sat inside the chair in front of her desk. So silent that the two could likely hear each other thinking any moment now. And then,...

"͝H́ĄHAH̡AHAHAHAHA̢H̀ÀHA͏HA̷H͝AHA!"͢ Laughter. A maniacal laughter erupted from Meguru as her head crooked into a unnatural position, grinning from ear to ear as she stared at both Akane and Sasara. She seemed to be in joy. Pushing the chair aside as she stood up and moved, in a somewhat unnatural fashion, closer to the two. Still laughing. The crowd joined, once more.

Akane could feel how, suddenly, some vines crawled around her legs, locking her into place as Meguru pointed a finger at her. "̢Ki̵ll the Witch͟!͞" A unnatural voice, resembling only somewhat Meguru Chise, resounded Sasara's head.

"Ḱi͡l҉l ҉t̸he͝ ͡Wit̵ch!҉"
̵"Ki͘ll̕ ̕A̴kane͏ T̸ac̡h͢iba͘na!͡"
͘"Kil͠l̢ t͝h͘e Witch̡!҉"҉
͘"Ki̶ll̀ ͡Ak̵ane ͡T̛ach̛iban͝a̷!͜"

Akane on the other hand, continued to hear the continuous laughter from all around her.

• Spicy
Reactions: Luma