If Your Life Was A SuperHero Origin Story, How would your Villains Be Considered?

LuckycoolHawk9

You Are Far Too Nice, Mercy Has a Price
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
As the title says, if your life up to this point was your superhero origin story, how would your villains be considered? Would they be awesome and insightful? Bland and forgettable? The only good point of the "movie." And I'm curious to the why

This was a really good question and I actually had to sit and think about it. ⊙,⊙

My offline life, while great for a lifetime movie drama, doesn't have any striking enough events to be Hero Backstory worthy, or have the potential to create me a nemesis. My online life has definitely created me a few enemies, but honestly internet fights don't exactly inspire someone to a lifelong mission to destroy. (Unless they're batshit crazy, but I seriously doubt anyone I pissed off out there even thinks about me).

I'd most likely get pushed into the role of Hero because something happened to a person I loved. Ó,ó It'd probably also take me to a really dark place, where I'd have to question whether or not my actions are for justice or for revenge. ⊙◇⊙

For someone to actually reach nemesis status, they are likely so evil and horrible and irredeemable that there is no possible way for me to ever understand or forgive them. D: A truly frightening kind of evil. Nightmare worthy.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: PoetLore
My rogues gallery would be composed entirely of people who broke bad directly because of something I did.

Girl who went a bit mad cause she had a crush but I dodged attention whenever possible.

Kid whose snowman I kicked down to impress my friends.

Bevy of internet creeps that I've banned as a site admin.

Idk I'll fuck em up

basically anyone who hates me so much they get desperate and makes a deal with demons

Uhm, in high school there was this girl who decided that we were enemies and I didn't learn about it for like two years because I guess I didn't realise she existed until someone asked me about it. Her maybe?

I'd probably be a lame hero anyway, like Dazzler or something, so it's fine.

I actually think I'd be the villain. The type many can relate with.

Strangely enough, most people I meet like me. I've rarely ever had anyone hate me regardless of any life changing damage(Usually either mental or emotional. In one case, both.) I inflict. Many people wish they could hate me but never truly do. If they don't love me they pity me.

That or I'm completely full of myself. Both probably.

If anyone in my life is a villain, it's a certain person whose already passed away yet continues to inflict damage even though I don't remember anything about them aside from what people and documents have told me. So I guess I can consider them the immortal and unforgivable one you can never truly understand and will be the sole reason there are sequels prequels and remakes. The mysterious villain. Yes.

Any other haters are too bland and forgettable to mention. I don't interact with many people so that probably helps a lot.

Either way I'm definitely no hero. Maybe one of those side characters?

I imagine myself more like a Xavier honestly. I've mentored and raised a lot of little ones over my years and I like to think should anyone have the audacity to hate me, I mean come on...harmless gramma here, that my many little self created minions would avenge me.

Thinking abstractly and VERY loosely taking the direction of my life into consideration, I'd say I would be someone with mind control abilities. i've been accused of manipulation (WHAT mom hasn't?) but really I am just persuasive in a way that makes you think...hey I just had a really great idea when in actuality I planted the notion and convinced you it was great. (Which is why i was a very successful salesperson.) My nemesis would be someone like my ex (Probably WOULD be him) that is a person of very negative thrust and intent who believes they are the victim of every ill thing possible in the world. That persecution of course, gives them the right to be a total jerk to everyone in their path in order to make their misery bearable.

Ahem...that sounds a bit bitter.

I can't decide whether I'd be classified as an anti-hero or an anti-villain tbh. I definitely do not have the moral compunctions that bind heroes into being goody-two-shoes types. If I had some kind of super power I would absolutely destroy people who stand in my way, not just beat 'em up and foil their plans before sending them to jail. I'd have some kind of ultimately good intention insofar as I see it, but of course that would be up for interpretation and many other people who are out to do good in the world would see me as a bad guy. Also all the killing people and destroying things would get me classified as a bad guy by most, so there's that.

Given those facts, my antagonists would be a wide mix of foes: knight-in-shining-armor type heroes, true villains who get in the way of my plans, and people out to avenge people who died or got severely injured by my actions. Assuming good storytelling was in play, there would be at least a couple interesting and recurring antagonists from each camp who work as great foils to various parts of my own dynamic. The heroes would call into question the end goal and the methods while acting as living examples of purely good alternatives, the villains would challenge the whole notion that I am in any way good after doing things just as bad as or worse than any of them, and the vengeance seekers would keep the high costs of my chosen course of action in focus and act as a sort of karmic balance.

I think it'd end up being a story where the major/recurring antagonists are just as complex and interesting as the protagonist, sometimes stealing the show and often having the audience agree with their arguments and such.